• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][6.0.1][osprey] Official CyanogenMod 13

Search This thread

Richard9026

Dec 14, 2015
Bucharest
On the latest cm 13 builds , xposed (v80) isn't working properly , it succesfully installs and works but it adds some bugs in the rom like a lot of lagg and system ui crashes when installing/uninstalling an app , i can't provide an logcat now . Someone test this bug plz

Hedied4me

Sep 21, 2012
Lost Angeles
On the latest cm 13 builds , xposed (v80) isn't working properly , it succesfully installs and works but it adds some bugs in the rom like a lot of lagg and system ui crashes when installing/uninstalling an app , i can't provide an logcat now . Someone test this bug plz

This is incorrect. Its working flawless for me and I even dirty flashed the latest rom update. Have you tried doing a fresh install? Also what makes you think its the roms fault or Xposeds fault.

sent from my CDMA Virgin Mobile Moto G3

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Not having any problems on mine,xt1550 here.I tried a fresh install of latest build with and without xposed and found *zero* performance hit.
Try to disabling your modules one by one and also check under settings/memory and developer settings/running services if any app is taking away ram.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

firefoxjds

Jan 19, 2016
London
gaaps crash fix

The only way to install gapps without the force crash issue is to install them at the same time(session) as the new flash of cm 13, or any other Rom for that matter, at least that has been my experience.

Thanks for your hard work. Any gapps you recommend? I flashed with opengapps and was greeted with a bunch of Google play services crashes.

Selmak

Jul 7, 2010
I tried a clean install of the 20160305 build today, and as I expected upon first boot I can't get past the initial setup. The phone crashes, and reboots, and then I end up in a boot loop. The last build that is stable for me is the 20151224 build, which I have now gone back to. I have tried different Gapps packages, and eliminated other variables as well. Something changed with the ROM after the 20151224 build, and my phone doesn't like it. I think I will be stuck on that build forever. I have the 1540 model.

Hedied4me

Sep 21, 2012
Lost Angeles
I tried a clean install of the 20160305 build today, and as I expected upon first boot I can't get past the initial setup. The phone crashes, and reboots, and then I end up in a boot loop. The last build that is stable for me is the 20151224 build, which I have now gone back to. I have tried different Gapps packages, and eliminated other variables as well. Something changed with the ROM after the 20151224 build, and my phone doesn't like it. I think I will be stuck on that build forever. I have the 1540 model.
Did you verify the md5 of all zips you flashed?

Selmak

Jul 7, 2010
Did you verify the md5 of all zips you flashed?

Yes of course. I download the md5 file each time, and put it in the directory with the ROM. This way TWRP checks that it matches.

The Dec. 24th and earlier builds are stable for me. Any build afterwards is not. I've tried with multiple Gaaps packages, and eliminated all other items.

It has to be a change in the ROM itself that manifests on my hardware. Perhaps my hardware has a defect, and something in the later ROMs reacts bad with it. I'll probably never know. Since few others have reported any issues like this the problem is not likely to be found.

Hedied4me

Sep 21, 2012
Lost Angeles
Next step I would say is wiping internal data and SD card (after saving all important files). Perhaps there is some leftover file causing problems. Beyond that I am unsure. Perhaps try an older version of twrp. Not that it matters much but what exactly are you flashing with rom and gapps?

Edit: Also since hundreds of people download this rom and there are 0 similar complaints, the problem is likely (not definitely) on your side.

Last edited:

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Have a question?.Is it safe to dirty flash everytime for new builds?
Also does it affect performance?
For most of the time, yes it is safe. But builds with heavy changes (radio mods etc) still have a chance to attract FC's and bugs. Therefore, a backup+dirty flash is recommended so one can readily go back. As of performance, i have not encountered performance issues but this is only my personal experience.:)

Reactions: Uncle Waldo

sabarishsab

Aug 19, 2015
Bangalore
For most of the time, yes it is safe. But builds with heavy changes (radio mods etc) still have a chance to attract FC's and bugs. Therefore, a backup+dirty flash is recommended so one can readily go back. As of performance, i have not encountered performance issues but this is only my personal experience.:)

I got you:good:
While making a dirty flash is it necessary to "Wipe Dalvik and Cache" everytime?

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
I got you:good:
While making a dirty flash is it necessary to "Wipe Dalvik and Cache" everytime?
Yes.From what i know,the compiled data from android app gets stored in dalvik as .dex and/or odex files.Cleaning it is important as files of apps of older builds (camera,calculator etc)can create a conflict with apps which are now updated/replaced by new builds.

Last edited:

DiegoConD

Oct 19, 2012
Which kernel works better with this rom, stock or squid r15b? As i have tried, Squid works better and makes the phone more fluenty but i would like to read another opinions.

anonimou

Sep 2, 2015
fcdb5751bae83157bcb093f44f770170.jpg

Using non-default grid on trebuchet makes icons soooo small in last build. That didn't occur on 20/02 build

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1oXkC6z.png

CyanogenMod 13
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    This works only on XT1540, XT1541, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544, XT1548 and XT1550.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback

Not Working/Bugs
    • -

Installation
    Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT
    8. Install the Gapps zip
    9. Reboot

Downloads
    Snapshot: get.cm | AFH Mirror 1 | AFH Mirror 2 | Mirror 3
    Latest Official Nightly here, thanks @playenball for mirroring.
    Basketbuild (older builds)

Sources
    Make sure the rom you are porting have these commits or add them

Credits

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    Alberto97, squid2
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2015-11-21
    Last Updated 2017-01-13
    Latest few nighties, minimum cpu reverts to 800Mhz after device sleep, even with different kernel. We had a similar issue of stuck at minimum 960Mhz a few weeks back. So it looks like the problem has returned.

Can confirm this. @Alberto97 not gonna bother you on jira again ;)
    It happens since 20160826, where was implemented a new custom powerHAL. Ive also tested it with stock kernel/clean flash and with squids kernel. (i think it was stuck at 800mhz with balanced battery mode and 400mhz with battery saving/efficiency..as far as i remember but i reverted back)

That's how the new PowerHAL is supposed to work.
    Anyway I've got Nougat booting few minutes ago. Bluetooth is the only working feature.
    Changelog

Changelog

24/03/2016
    • Support for Virgin Mobile Data Done Right
    • Osprey proprietary files from MPI24.107-55 release
    • Merged latest Motorola kernel sources (MPD24.107-52)
    • Other (check cmxlog until 24/03)

12/03/2016
    • March security patch
    • Other (check cmxlog until 12/03)

05/03/2016
    • 50/60fps YouTube videos are working now
    • Merged latest Motorola kernel sources (MPI24.65-39)
    • Conservative governor enabled
    • Other (check cmxlog until 05/03)

27/02/2016
    • Fixed a bug where stow sensor "replaces" proximity one when Hand wave gesture beign disabled.
    • Other (check cmxlog until 27/02)

20/02/2016
    • Dolby Surround 2 Audio Processing enabled
    • Missing Play Store permissions added (Bluetooth, Compass, Front Camera, Accelerometer)
    • Other (check cmxlog until 20/02)

13/02/2016
    • Fixed "Invalid number" error
    • Enabled Call Recording
    • Even more blobs from MPI24.65-33.1
    • Other (check cmxlog until 13/02)

06/02/2016
    • QC Denoise enable for better photos
    • New camera blobs and touchscreen firmware from MPI24.65-33.1 release
    • Other (check cmxlog until 06/02)

30/01/2016
    • Final fix for Virgin Mobile Variant
    • Initial support for US Cellular CDMA variant
    • Other (check cmxlog until 30/01)

23/01/2016
    • Security fixes (kernel side)
    • Other (check cmxlog until 23/01)

16/01/2016
    • Virgin Mobile variant should be fine now
    • Face Detection and Tap to Focus have been fixed
    • GPS Improvements
    • Bluetooth Updates
    • Kernel based on latest Motorola one (MPI24.65-24)
    • Other (check cmxlog until 16/01)

09/01/2016
    • HDR on stock camera fixed
    • Snapdragon Camera instead of Camera2
    • Other (check cmxlog until 09/01)

05/01/2016
    • MIDI Support
    • Built with GCC 4.9 Toolchains from Google
    • Patches from January Security Bulletin (Kernel only)
    • Other (check cmxlog until 05/01)

24/12/2015
    • New gesture to silence calls ported by @scritch007
    • New Camera blobs from MPI24.65-25 release
    • Less hacked libs
    • Other (check cmxlog until 24/12)

14/12/2015
    • Kernel Updates (f2fs, prima WLAN drivers, other updates from Motorola and some improvements by @squid2)
    • Now prima WLAN is built out the kernel -> Custom kernels need an update to get working WiFi
    • Other (check cmxlog until 14/12)

07/12/2015
    • Another attempt for CDMA
    • Other (check cmxlog until 7/12)

03/12/2015

23/11/2015

21/11/2015
    • Initial Release
    We are official (lux, osprey and surnia at the same time)! First cm-13.0 build will come tomorrow.
    Now, about touchscreen issues. I'm attaching a zip which flashes older synaptics firmware, it comes from 6.0 retus / most of latest Lollipop firmwares; this should fix touchscreen issues. restore_synaptics restores the previous synaptics firmware.
    Both zips should work without issues even on stock + TWRP
    A new build is out. Custom kernels need an update due to some WLAN changes (see the second post) so you can't install them for now else you'll lose the WiFi functionality. About CDMA Virgin Mobile, I've made some changes to the apn list, please report if everything is fine out of the box now :)

Just another thing, we're doing a common device tree for Moto E 2015 LTE (surnia), Moto X Play (lux) and for our Moto G 2015 (osprey) so official builds won't come before this unification. You can follow our work here.