• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][6.0.1] Stock PH4 | De-bloated | DeoDexed | N910PVPU4DPH4 [10/3/16]

Search This thread

samep

Dec 8, 2011
First I would like to say thanks for this release, it has been running nice and smooth, but I have noticed one small issue. Prior to upgrading to this rom, I was able to access my memory card on my PC when I connected my phone to it. It would show up as the name of my device and opening the folder/icon I would get the phone's Internal Storage and the External Storage. I now get the Internal Storage only, is there a setting I missed or a change to the firmware? I have tried five different PC's (Windows 7-10), I have scanned and formatted my SD Card (which reads and writes fine in a memory card reader), I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the phone and still not getting my external storage to show on the PC when connected. Anyone else having that issue? Help....?

Did you install FolderMount or another app that patches system files?

FolderMount definitely hides the micro sdcard from PC but you'll see it with card in card reader. But you could just manually transfer files to get around that.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
dantes inferno
Quick question, I'm running this Rom right now and I keep getting bugged about the update. Can i just take it over this rom with stock recovery, or is there a way to get rid of it? Also, if I can take it, will it mess up anything In the rom? (Deodexed, root, my xposed)
Just freeze the updater for system update.
2dba0c1a26534f21e6a0f6b5910ab1e7.jpg
freezing that particular one stopped the nag. And prl and profile update still works.

Sent from my 0x1 Note 4...... I love tep

ryan241

Oct 12, 2008
I can't figure out why I can't get this rom to work.

Been on OG5 since I got the phone.
ODIN'd the stock PH4 tar.
Installed/booted up multiple times no problems.
ODIN'd TWRP.
Wipe everything on internal rom.
Flashed this rom and then it hangs on the SPRINT logo and there is no boot sound.

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
dantes inferno
I can't figure out why I can't get this rom to work.

Been on OG5 since I got the phone.
ODIN'd the stock PH4 tar.
Installed/booted up multiple times no problems.
ODIN'd TWRP.
Wipe everything on internal rom.
Flashed this rom and then it hangs on the SPRINT logo and there is no boot sound.
Because if your installing the rom then wiping everything internal. your are erasing the rom. Lol. Try this. Odin ph4. Boot to stock recovery. Wipe odin ph4. Again. Let boot. Activate update profile prl. Reboot to download mode. Flash TWRP. Reboot to OS. Now power down reboot to recovery. Wipe all except external. Do advance like 5 times. Same for picking them do that 4 or 5 times all but external SD. Reboot to recovery flash rom. Let boot. Take 10 minutes and you will be fine. Sounds to me all Maynot be updating to ph4. A wipe in stock will fix that. Should say official at download screen. Then odin it again. Do all above.

Sent from my 0x1 Note 4...... I love tep

DAE51D

Dec 21, 2010
Redmond
daevid.com
I installed PH4 Marshmallow TAR: N910PVPU4DPH4_N910PSPT4DPH4_SPR.zip from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/general/stock-tar-odin-flashable-t3250864
But it then updated me to PJ1 all by itself! I didn't even have any say in it!
Can I still use your root here or should I just wait till you have a PJ1 version and if so, how long will that be do you recon? Or should (can) I re-odin the PH4 tar again and quickly turn off updates or something? Suggestions?

Also, I was experiencing these horrible boot loops out of nowhere recently on (I was on rooted stock PG1). Phone has been solid for the past year. I literally had taken a photo and the phone rebooted yesterday (at 3pm) and couldn't get it to stop doing that until just now when I Odin flashed PH4 and told it to NOT install my previous apps. Before this Odin flash, reflashing my previous ROM, wiping, etc. nothing worked. So I'm running hella stock right now. But I'll take that over a "bricked" phone any day. So if anyone else is experiencing this boot nightmare (and I see there are many folks in other threads) this is one possible solution. I will let it run all day today as is (stock AF) and see if it is stable before calling it a true "fix'.

Obvi would really like root again to re-install my TB apps/data.

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I installed PH4 Marshmallow TAR: N910PVPU4DPH4_N910PSPT4DPH4_SPR.zip from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/general/stock-tar-odin-flashable-t3250864
But it then updated me to PJ1 all by itself! I didn't even have any say in it!
Can I still use your root here or should I just wait till you have a PJ1 version and if so, how long will that be do you recon? Or should (can) I re-odin the PH4 tar again and quickly turn off updates or something? Suggestions?

Also, I was experiencing these horrible boot loops out of nowhere recently on (I was on rooted stock PG1). Phone has been solid for the past year. I literally had taken a photo and the phone rebooted yesterday (at 3pm) and couldn't get it to stop doing that until just now when I Odin flashed PH4 and told it to NOT install my previous apps. Before this Odin flash, reflashing my previous ROM, wiping, etc. nothing worked. So I'm running hella stock right now. But I'll take that over a "bricked" phone any day. So if anyone else is experiencing this boot nightmare (and I see there are many folks in other threads) this is one possible solution. I will let it run all day today as is (stock AF) and see if it is stable before calling it a true "fix'.

Obvi would really like root again to re-install my TB apps/data.
Have you replaced your battery recently? May be time for that. These batteries are rated at 500 full charge cycles. Maybe less depending on use. Most likely means it lasts a year, then replace.

Camera load causing reboot may indicate worn battery.

Reactions: tommy_2q

DAE51D

Dec 21, 2010
Redmond
daevid.com
Have you replaced your battery recently? May be time for that. These batteries are rated at 500 full charge cycles. Maybe less depending on use. Most likely means it lasts a year, then replace.
Camera load causing reboot may indicate worn battery.

Yeah, I read about this battery issue for other people, but the battery I use is a couple months old, plus I tried 3 batteries total.

Since installing this ROM (and the forced update), my phone has been solid now actually.

Also, not sure if this is common knowledge, but after doing the PH4 and update to PJ1, it was trivial to root. I just Odin back TWRP and then used a su .zip install. Bam! worked like a champ, actually I was astonished how easy that was to get root. The hardest part is now using TB to get all my apps re-set up. I'm just glad to have my phone working again! :)

smokedamd

Jul 21, 2015
My screen rotation doesn't work with this rom. Any ideas on how to fix it. Other than this everything works perfectly. I have screen rotation enabled in settings under Display and Wallpaper.

samep

Dec 8, 2011
My screen rotation doesn't work with this rom. Any ideas on how to fix it. Other than this everything works perfectly. I have screen rotation enabled in settings under Display and Wallpaper.
A number of MM users complained of losing auto rotation after uninstalling Facebook from ROM with an app.

/system/lib/libgnustl_shared.so shouldn't be removed.

If you uninstalled Facebook, extract the libgnustl_shared.so from ROM zip, copy and paste, set permission to 0644. Owner and Group should be set to root, root. Reboot.

AlwaysOnCall

Aug 26, 2015
Long Beach
Thank you Saint.

Just wanted to say thank you for this ROM, it's exactly what I wanted for my phone and has been working very well for me with no problems. Really appreciate the time and effort in this!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to: Stock PH4 Slimmed And Modified ROM

Hello everyone, yet again Sprint has surprised us with another OTA update, N910PVPU4DPH4 (PH4). So here it is, another Stock, de-bloated, slightly modified ROM that consists of the new OTA (PH4). Hope you guys enjoy! :)

Please Note: In order for this ROM to work correctly you must already be on N910PVPU4DPH4 (PH4) Baseband and firmware. If not please seek to the odin file or take the Sprint OTA to PH4.

Stock Features:
    • Based On Stock N910PVPU4DPH4 (MM - 6.0.1)
    • Built From Pure N910PVPU4DPH4 Tarball
    • Stock PH4 Samsung Kernel
    • Rooted & Busy Boxed
    • De-Bloated
    • Its ON Removed
    • Knox Removed
    • Hotspot Hack
    • 5 Way Reboot
    • Proper SuperSU
    • No Sprint Bloat

Install: (See second post for downloads and changelogs)
    • Download
    • Transfer To Phone
    • Reboot To Recovery
    • Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache (x3)
    • Factory Reset (x3)
    • Install Stock PH4 Rom
    • Wait About 10min To Boot
    • Enjoy :)

After Install: (Recommended)
    • Initial boot will boot twice.
    • Please allow about 10 minutes to boot up after initial boot.
    • Recommended to wait up to five minutes on initial boot before doing anything, then do a full restart.
    • To get back Developer Options go in to Settings, About Phone and rapidly tap Build Number until it says your a developer.

Important Notes:
    • To fix Netflix and Hulu issue please download Root Browser. Head to System --> Vendor --> Lib and find the file name "liboecyrto.so" and delete this file. Reboot and your good to go. I completely forgot about this file. Will have deleted in next update (If I need to make one for Stock)

Credits:
    • @tx_dbs_tx - For always the great help he supplies :)
    • @tdunham - For great support on building from tarball and ultimate guides!
    • @LMMT - For the Official N910PVPU4DPH1 tar file!
    • @svadev - For the SVA Deodexing tool!
    • @Ticklefish - For the TickleMyAndroid Tool!

Disclaimer: I do not and will not take any responsibility towards anything that happens to your phone after flashing.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][6.0.1] Stock PH4 | De-bloated | DeoDexed | N910PVPU4DPH4 [10/3/16], ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    SaintZ93
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 6.0.1
    Based On: N910PVPU4DPH4

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-10-03

Created 2016-10-04
    Last Updated 2016-10-03
    Stock PH4 V1.0 (8/24/2016):