• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][6.0.1][TRLTESPR] Emotion AOSP R22 [OFFICIAL][10/2]

Search This thread
Oct 14, 2015
Use opengapps. If you install R22 you are going to need to use marshmallow gapps. If u install 7.1, then use nougat gapps. Install with nano or micro. Download anything else you need from play store

I haven't found a download link for 7.1 . Any chance you know where it is? Or is 7.1 that Verizon rom linked a few pages back?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: RajMaster007

BumpinPanda

Mar 28, 2014
Danktown
That is strange. What is your location accuracy set on

Hey pal, I'm back with a couple issues.

I can't login to snapchat, I get a "can't connect to server" error. This is not the same as it detecting root, as far as I know.

Videos on YouTube will randomly zoom into one part of the video and stay like that. It's such an odd issue.

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
Hey pal, I'm back with a couple issues.

I can't login to snapchat, I get a "can't connect to server" error. This is not the same as it detecting root, as far as I know.

Videos on YouTube will randomly zoom into one part of the video and stay like that. It's such an odd issue.
I don't use snap chat so I can't help you there. I never had that issue with YouTube. I had to switch back to dtux rom. My phone does not like aosp roms. It can be a perfect system and my device will find something wrong.

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
I am having an issue with Bluetooth staying connected to my Moto 360. It can connect normally but after awhile it will automatically disconnect. Anyone else?
Bluetooth is the reason why I had to switch back to a Touchwiz ROM. Just like you it would connect no problem but after a while just disconnect and I would have to unpair it in order to get it to connect again

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Guys anyone wondering what device to move onto next, I would highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend the HTC 10. I am fully using AOSP - OMS 7.1.1 (substratum) with zero issues. The HTC 10 is such a solidly good device that I have ZERO complaints! NOt one, it is really a great, device. Just my 2 cents for anyone wondering what to move to next, I have had a few PM's from some of you so I wanted to publicly share my results, the HTC 10 ROCKS! I miss you guys in this forum, the other forum members arent as close knit.

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
Guys anyone wondering what device to move onto next, I would highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend the HTC 10. I am fully using AOSP - OMS 7.1.1 (substratum) with zero issues. The HTC 10 is such a solidly good device that I have ZERO complaints! NOt one, it is really a great, device. Just my 2 cents for anyone wondering what to move to next, I have had a few PM's from some of you so I wanted to publicly share my results, the HTC 10 ROCKS! I miss you guys in this forum, the other forum members arent as close knit.
I've all but decided that is going to be my next device. Looks like everything new is going to have a locked bootloader.

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

I've all but decided that is going to be my next device. Looks like everything new is going to have a locked bootloader.
I don't think all brands will be but it's moving towards that direction. HTC allows you to unlock it right on their website so even if the carriers lock them, at least HTC will allow you to unlock regardless so HTC is my recommendation.

sent from my HTC 10 droid running AOSP

lbcoach3347

Sep 4, 2008
Ft Lauderdale
OnePlus 7 Pro
I don't think all brands will be but it's moving towards that direction. HTC allows you to unlock it right on their website so even if the carriers lock them, at least HTC will allow you to unlock regardless so HTC is my recommendation.

sent from my HTC 10 droid running AOSP
Thanks for this information. Just looked into it and it is to small a screen. The bolt looks promising

balazer

Apr 22, 2008
I've been running SaintZ93's Emotion 6.0.1 20161002 for the last few weeks on my Sprint Note 4 with great success. Here are some notes, for any newcomers:

I started with an Odin flash of the full stock PK1 Mashmallow .tar.md5 image from https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/general/stock-tar-odin-flashable-t3250864 .

From stock, I activated service with Tello. They have unlimited data plans starting from $6 per month.

Then I Odin flashed twrp-3.0.2-0-trltespr.img.tar from https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxynote4qualcomm.html (Sprint).

From recovery I flashed Emotion-trltespr-MM.r22.Official-20161002-133328.zip, and then open_gapps-arm-6.0-nano-20170215.zip, and then wiped.

Setting the Preferred network type to 3G improves the battery life a lot. With LTE selected, the screen-off battery use while connected to Wi-Fi was 1.6% per hour. That dropped to 0.5% per hour with 3G selected. I experimented with changes to the CPU governor and hotplug driver, but ultimately those changes didn't make much difference and weren't necessary.

Every time I boot I need to go to ROM Manager, menu, Display, MDNIE, and select Basic mode, which corresponds to the sRGB color space. For some reason it doesn’t run at boot time even though I have the boot option selected.

I also needed to go into Display settings, color Control, and boost the Saturation to 50 or so. The default was too low in combination with the Basic MDNIE mode. I'd like to know what the neutral value for Saturation is, if anyone knows. 50 was just my guess.

Samsung doesn't sell the battery for this phone anymore, but Verizon Wireless does. The web site said it was backordered when I ordered, but the battery shipped the next day. Get 'em while you can!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DpO99yT.png

Developed by Placiano and Pafcholini
    Ported For Sprint Variant By SaintZ93
    Emotion AOSP​
    Introducing the Emotion AOSP Rom & Emotion Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910P Sprint).
    The philosophy of this Rom is to give an unadulterated AOSP experience, The whole Emotroid Team cooperates to present to you this appropriately customized excellence straight from Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) source code.

We will keep Emotion AOSP ROM updated, dependably help when we can, and open to recommendations that users might need implanted into the Emotion AOSP ROM. I will likely keep the ROM Clean, Stable, top Performance and a better battery life.

Please be careful not to have unreasonable expectations: you cannot demand your questions to be answered, bugs to be fixed or features implemented.

Proper Credits To:
    • AOKP
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • AICP
    • Temasek
    • fat-tire
    • Agsola
    • All the testers
    • Community

Emotroid Team:
    • Aukhan
    • Hanss
    • Infernum
    • Ivanebdesign
    • Jcanonico
    • Motomorini
    • Kabata
    • Pafcholini
    • Placiano
    • Rimgoru
    • Varobejar
    • Varoo10
    • SaintZ93

Emotion AOSP Features:
    • Based On AOKP
    • Rom Compatible With SM-N910P (Sprint)
    • Rom Control
    • Fingerprint
    • Navigation Bar
    • Statusbar settings
    • Theme Chooser
    • Gestures
    • App Circle Bar
    • Recents Panel
    • Cclock Widget
    • LockScreen settings
    • Notification Drawer settings
    • Hardware Keys Settings
    • All CM13 Feaures
    • OTA (Over The Air Updates)
    • And much more

Emotion Kernal Features:
    • Based on Samsung Open Source Code
    • Linux version 3.10.40
    • PowerSuspend Driver
    • KSM enabled
    • Wake Gestures (DT2W, DT2S, S2W, S2S)
    • Adreno idler Algorithm
    • Simple GPU Algorithm
    • Voltage Control
    • Intelli-Thermal
    • KCAL - Advanced color control
    • Led Control / Fading
    • CRC Settings
    • Advanced TCP control
    • CIFS Support
    • NTFS Support
    • Reduced wakelocks
    • ZRAM/ZSWAP
    • Kernel Adiutor
    • Governors: interactive_pro, bluactive, conservative, interactive, ondemand,powersave, userspace, performance
      I/O Scheldures: cfq, row, deadline, noop, test-iosched

Whats Working In This ROM?:
    • Mobile Data
    • WiFi
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • Calls / SMS / MMS
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • External SD, including formatting
    • S-Pen
    • APN Access
    • SD Card
    • Fingerprint
    • And more

Issues / Bugs:
    • Fingerprint works but may have some issues (Still in the works)

How To Install:
    • Make Sure You Are On OG5 Baseband Or Higher
    • Download ROM
    • Transfer To Phone
    • Reboot To Recovery
    • Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache (x3)
    • Factory Reset (x3)
    • Install Emotion AOSP Rom
    • Install GAPPS

How To Update (Dirty Flash):
    • Download Update
    • Flash Emotion Update
    • Re-flash Your GAPPS
    • Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache

Download!:
    Changelog:
    Mzx3FN4.png

Additional Credits:
    • Nivron - For the Sprint Device Tree and awesome help.
    • ZION959 - For proper Sprint Vendors and great help with building from source.
    • jdelano - For some good advice.
    • iPodhacked86 & JoeBear1975 - For a crazy amount of flashing and testing.

Well Respected (Donators):
    Disclaimer: I As well as the Emotion Team do not and will not take any responsibility towards anything that happens to your phone after flashing.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][6.0.1][TRLTESPR] Emotion AOSP R8 [OFFICIAL][5/8], ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    SaintZ93, Pafcholini, iPodHacked86, JoeBear1975
    Source Code: https://github.com/Emotroid-Rom

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPU4COG5 - Android 5.1.1 (And Up)
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: R8
    Stable Release Date: 2016-05-08

Created 2016-03-31
    Last Updated 2016-05-08
    Please Note:
    • Please wait about 5 minutes to boot on initial flash.
    • Please DO NOT create mirrors without permission.
    • I will try and answer everyone who reports issues.
    • Before reporting an issue please make sure you followed the instructions in OP.
    • Do not report issues if you have XPOSED installed.
    • Most importantly, enjoy the s**t out of this ROM :)
    New build is up! This build will bring us from R3 to R4 now. Lots and lots of updates, between fixes, improvements, new features, kernal improvements. I will gather the change log once I get the chance. Also we are no longer AOKP we are pure AOSP now :). Enjoy!
    Please note this might be the last build of Emotion MM I will build. I'm working on Emotion Nougat now ;)
    Hey guys, Im going to try and get a build up for you today :p. Emotion has completely changed now that CM closed down. Emotion is now going to be its own OS called EmotionOS! Now its based on 7.1.1, you ready? ;)