• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][6.0.1][TRLTESPR] Emotion AOSP R22 [OFFICIAL][10/2]

Search This thread

brons2

Jun 10, 2012
Austin, Texas

Worked fine for me, really no better or worse than OK1, but if you already have PK1 you're good to load.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

That said I went back to stock debloated/deodexed PK1 ROM, the battery life on Emotion was not good for me, system UI was always the biggest user of battery. Plus you give up a lot to run AOSP ROM. I think Samsungs just work better on TW ROM. I installed Nova Prime and have root, I'm happy enough. Plus get better camera and Wi-Fi calling.

brons2

Jun 10, 2012
Austin, Texas
I don't think the battery usage reported for System UI is accurate. I'm getting great battery life despite large numbers for System UI: 0.5% battery use per hour with the screen off.

I never achieved that sort of life, and I reinstalled Emotion about 3-4 times, each time bringing less stuff. The last time I restored nothing, and only installed a minimal amount of apps using Play Store.

I'm getting better battery life with stock PK1 debloated. I suspect that the crappy cell signal at my house and at my office might be part of the culprit, the WiFi calling makes a big difference.

Gamemaster1379

Aug 2, 2012
So, of all the ROMs I've tried, this one does everything I need EXCEPT -- bluetooth is somewhat choppy. Any ideas on possible fixes?

randolphslim

Jan 5, 2011
Washington, DC
Make sure you don't finish anyone of them and go back stay in the screen to add your finger
Keep swiping the fingerprint scanner after the screen changes. It seems to take approximately 11 swipes to add but screen changes at 10 successful swipes. I was able to duplicate the addition of 1 print multiple times using this method. I was not able to add multiple prints though.

Update: While it only reflects 1 added fingerprint each print that I added appears to unlock.

Last edited:

Death Inducer

Sep 27, 2013
Thanks Emotroid Team!

My Note 4 got stuck in download mode with a stock ota update, I flashed every stock firmware, baseband, and rom with no luck. I avoided root and custom roms because I thought they would break my phone but it's quite the opposite. Your rom brought my phone back to life! Your rom got my broken device to survive for 3 months and, I had way more fun with it than I ever did running stock. Instead of trashing it I was able to sell it back to best buy after 2 years of ownership in mint condition. I think you all do better software work than Samsung! thank you so much for the great work you do :D

iTzFeRReTTi

Jun 14, 2012
Boston
LG V20
So, of all the ROMs I've tried, this one does everything I need EXCEPT -- bluetooth is somewhat choppy. Any ideas on possible fixes?

This is a common problem, no fix as of yet.

Keep swiping the fingerprint scanner after the screen changes. It seems to take approximately 11 swipes to add but screen changes at 10 successful swipes. I was able to duplicate the addition of 1 print multiple times using this method. I was not able to add multiple prints though.

Update: While it only reflects 1 added fingerprint each print that I added appears to unlock.
This is also a common problem with no fix.

BeauSmith

May 11, 2012
So I'm running this on top of US Cellular's QC1 stock ROM 6.0.1. When I make a call, screen turns dark and unable to get to the lockscreen to access the dialer. Pressing power does nothing. Also I keep accidently activating the camera. Is pressing the power button twice what's activating it?

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
So I'm running this on top of US Cellular's QC1 stock ROM 6.0.1. When I make a call, screen turns dark and unable to get to the lockscreen to access the dialer. Pressing power does nothing. Also I keep accidently activating the camera. Is pressing the power button twice what's activating it?
I belive home button brings up the camera if you hit it twice i had that before

BeauSmith

May 11, 2012
Anyone make any changes in Kernel Auditor to help with performance, or are you running this ROM out of the box?

BeauSmith

May 11, 2012
I belive home button brings up the camera if you hit it twice i had that before
Have you had a problem where you make a call and the screen immediately goes black? I have to wait until the call ends to get back to the lockscreen. What might be causing that? Kernel issue, settings?

Fixed it, I had to turn off the proximity sensor during calls!

Last edited:

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
Have you had a problem where you make a call and the screen immediately goes black? I have to wait until the call ends to get back to the lockscreen. What might be causing that? Kernel issue, settings?
Usualy if i start experiencing more than 2 issues back to back i just switch roms theres plenty out there to be stuck on one no pun intended and i did have that issue and have no clue what caused it i always did clean flash with data wipe so i know its not on my end

BeauSmith

May 11, 2012
Anyone had had an issue where you can't hear the other person during calls? I can dial and connect to the person but I can't hear them. The volume is all the way up. Any ideas please?

allaidback

Apr 2, 2008
Columbia, SC.
Anyone had had an issue where you can't hear the other person during calls? I can dial and connect to the person but I can't hear them. The volume is all the way up. Any ideas please?

I've had this issue before and in my case was either viper audio or google voice app. Do a clean install with only the system and pico gapps and see if that resolves the issue.

BeauSmith

May 11, 2012
I've had this issue before and in my case was either viper audio or google voice app. Do a clean install with only the system and pico gapps and see if that resolves the issue.

It's definitely the Viper audio. It said i need to disable a music player in developer options but couldn't find it. I'll have to search that thread a figure out why I'm having this issue. Thank you.

radez

Jun 1, 2009
QC1

I cannot get registered on any network shows carrier but not registered on network modem qc 1 any data fix for it? Kind regards

IAmTechFreq

Nov 29, 2013
Tucson
soundcloud.com
Yo man what version of Emotion Os? r 14 or r22??

@SaintZ93 BINGO MY BROTHA!!!!

I finally have it working. I installed it the way @wgrant installed his. I am on PE2 by the way
1. I installed ROM, then wiped D/C (dalvik/cache) manually right after.
2. installed OpenGappz july 22nd micros then wiped D/C manually
3. installed RC3 Kernel then wiped D/C manually
4. went to power option and powered down.
5. pulled battery and pressed and held power button for 20 secs ( dont ask why but this is what helps get my battery right, I had zerolemon and did this after installing your rom fresh and my battery has been on point. I hope it works for everyone else. I did mention this back in the r9 days when you first came out with it.)
6. put battery back on and powered back on
7. I let it load up and do its thang, it went to the startup screen and my english (US) turned into english (canada) and it said that I had LTE
8. I rebooted the phone and let it load up again, my LTE was gone at the time and it said english (canada) I switched it back to english (US)
I went through the short setup wizard.
9. WIFI was working from the start
10. got to the main screen and first downloaded GPS locker, unfortunately no GPS lock was found, left on for 5 minutes
11. I was able to receive texts but could not send mms, so I turned airplane toggle on for a few minutes then i turned it off and LTE popped up
12. I was still not able to get a GPS lock after I airplane toggle off so I decided to airplane toggle on and try and get a GPS lock and IT WORKED!
13. I then airplane toggle off and LTE came back up while GPS was lock and is still locked.
14. I tested all SMS MMS DATA WIFI BLUETOOTH GPS. everything works!

Sorry if its long to read but just wanted to give you the play by play I did. Thanks @SaintZ93 this is by far the best version you have. lol I pretty much jumped from r9 to this version since the other ones werent playing nice with me in between. thank you again brotha!

awe man this is gtreat dude but what version of the flash or file? can you link me to it>?

is it version r14 or r 22 when you mentioned this along time ago?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DpO99yT.png

Developed by Placiano and Pafcholini
    Ported For Sprint Variant By SaintZ93
    Emotion AOSP​
    Introducing the Emotion AOSP Rom & Emotion Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910P Sprint).
    The philosophy of this Rom is to give an unadulterated AOSP experience, The whole Emotroid Team cooperates to present to you this appropriately customized excellence straight from Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) source code.

We will keep Emotion AOSP ROM updated, dependably help when we can, and open to recommendations that users might need implanted into the Emotion AOSP ROM. I will likely keep the ROM Clean, Stable, top Performance and a better battery life.

Please be careful not to have unreasonable expectations: you cannot demand your questions to be answered, bugs to be fixed or features implemented.

Proper Credits To:
    • AOKP
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • AICP
    • Temasek
    • fat-tire
    • Agsola
    • All the testers
    • Community

Emotroid Team:
    • Aukhan
    • Hanss
    • Infernum
    • Ivanebdesign
    • Jcanonico
    • Motomorini
    • Kabata
    • Pafcholini
    • Placiano
    • Rimgoru
    • Varobejar
    • Varoo10
    • SaintZ93

Emotion AOSP Features:
    • Based On AOKP
    • Rom Compatible With SM-N910P (Sprint)
    • Rom Control
    • Fingerprint
    • Navigation Bar
    • Statusbar settings
    • Theme Chooser
    • Gestures
    • App Circle Bar
    • Recents Panel
    • Cclock Widget
    • LockScreen settings
    • Notification Drawer settings
    • Hardware Keys Settings
    • All CM13 Feaures
    • OTA (Over The Air Updates)
    • And much more

Emotion Kernal Features:
    • Based on Samsung Open Source Code
    • Linux version 3.10.40
    • PowerSuspend Driver
    • KSM enabled
    • Wake Gestures (DT2W, DT2S, S2W, S2S)
    • Adreno idler Algorithm
    • Simple GPU Algorithm
    • Voltage Control
    • Intelli-Thermal
    • KCAL - Advanced color control
    • Led Control / Fading
    • CRC Settings
    • Advanced TCP control
    • CIFS Support
    • NTFS Support
    • Reduced wakelocks
    • ZRAM/ZSWAP
    • Kernel Adiutor
    • Governors: interactive_pro, bluactive, conservative, interactive, ondemand,powersave, userspace, performance
      I/O Scheldures: cfq, row, deadline, noop, test-iosched

Whats Working In This ROM?:
    • Mobile Data
    • WiFi
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • Calls / SMS / MMS
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • External SD, including formatting
    • S-Pen
    • APN Access
    • SD Card
    • Fingerprint
    • And more

Issues / Bugs:
    • Fingerprint works but may have some issues (Still in the works)

How To Install:
    • Make Sure You Are On OG5 Baseband Or Higher
    • Download ROM
    • Transfer To Phone
    • Reboot To Recovery
    • Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache (x3)
    • Factory Reset (x3)
    • Install Emotion AOSP Rom
    • Install GAPPS

How To Update (Dirty Flash):
    • Download Update
    • Flash Emotion Update
    • Re-flash Your GAPPS
    • Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache

Download!:
    Changelog:
    Mzx3FN4.png

Additional Credits:
    • Nivron - For the Sprint Device Tree and awesome help.
    • ZION959 - For proper Sprint Vendors and great help with building from source.
    • jdelano - For some good advice.
    • iPodhacked86 & JoeBear1975 - For a crazy amount of flashing and testing.

Well Respected (Donators):
    Disclaimer: I As well as the Emotion Team do not and will not take any responsibility towards anything that happens to your phone after flashing.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][6.0.1][TRLTESPR] Emotion AOSP R8 [OFFICIAL][5/8], ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    SaintZ93, Pafcholini, iPodHacked86, JoeBear1975
    Source Code: https://github.com/Emotroid-Rom

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPU4COG5 - Android 5.1.1 (And Up)
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: R8
    Stable Release Date: 2016-05-08

Created 2016-03-31
    Last Updated 2016-05-08
    Please Note:
    • Please wait about 5 minutes to boot on initial flash.
    • Please DO NOT create mirrors without permission.
    • I will try and answer everyone who reports issues.
    • Before reporting an issue please make sure you followed the instructions in OP.
    • Do not report issues if you have XPOSED installed.
    • Most importantly, enjoy the s**t out of this ROM :)
    New build is up! This build will bring us from R3 to R4 now. Lots and lots of updates, between fixes, improvements, new features, kernal improvements. I will gather the change log once I get the chance. Also we are no longer AOKP we are pure AOSP now :). Enjoy!
    Please note this might be the last build of Emotion MM I will build. I'm working on Emotion Nougat now ;)
    Hey guys, Im going to try and get a build up for you today :p. Emotion has completely changed now that CM closed down. Emotion is now going to be its own OS called EmotionOS! Now its based on 7.1.1, you ready? ;)