[ROM][6.0.1] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies (4K, USB-OTG, OTA, etc)

Search This thread

MrColdbird

Nov 25, 2011
www.black-seraph.com
cm13_z1.png

Introduction
I've moved from my OPO to the Z1 and was simply disturbed with the lack of development this device receives, including how Cyanogen Inc & CM treats it like the ugly duckling in the family.
This might not have been received as such by the public, but should you ever give the CM code (device tree, kernel, etc) a look you will know what I mean.
And even if you don't, you will "feel" it while using their software too (half working or missing features, bugs in the kernel, etc).

To right this wrong I've set myself a simple goal, produce a proper CM13 device tree, Marshmallow proprietary repository and finally, clean up the device tree mess that Cyanogen Inc & CM produced for the Z1.
I also throw in a kernel fix or two every once in a while.

As a side-product of this, you guys will (obviously) reap the benefits of this endeavour of mine, namely a properly working CM13 build for the Z1 as well as several other (maybe even more functional) ROMs that will have the opportunity to base their work on mine.

Working Stuff
  • Dual-SIM
  • Phone Calls
  • Phone Call Recording (2-way and unlocked)
  • Text Messaging
  • Mobile Data
  • Sensors
  • WLAN
  • EAP-SIM
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (please use Micro OpenGapps, other Gapps sometimes break the camera)
  • 4K Video Recording
  • 1080p Front-Facing-Camera Recording
  • 60FPS Slow-Motion Recording (720p & 1080p only)
  • GPS
  • USB / USB-OTG
  • Doze mode
  • Double-Tap to Wake
  • Fingerprint Reader
  • Capacitive Home Button (Keycodes: 249 = Right Slide, 254 = Left Slide, 158 = Tap, mapped in fpc1020tp.kl)
  • Tethering
  • Fixed Headphone Button Voltage Tables (this fixes headphone buttons, like that of the Xiaomi Pistons)
  • Most (if not all) OS-related stuff
Credits
  • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) for the bacon device tree & proprietaries (I've used some of these as bring-up reference)
  • Team CyanogenMod for... well, CyanogenMod
  • TheCrazyLex for general bring-up advice
  • JoaoPaulo for his CAF 1.1.3 / Chroma 6.0 kernel and TWRP port
  • Myself (Coldbird) for the actual bring-up and general bugfixing
Donations
Should you wish to support this (or other projects of mine), please consider donating a few bucks to me via PayPal.

Alternatively, if you like the general idea of bringing proper Android support to badly supported devices (mostly China-Phones), please consider becoming a patron to my "Bring CyanogenMod to China-Phones" movement over at Patreon by pledging a few dollars every month to move me closer to the goal of doing this for a living instead of only squeezing in a few hours every week next to my regular work.

Every support, no matter how tiny, is appreciated.

Donators
Here's a list of all the kind people that have donated to this project in one way or another.
I thank these people for the trust and support they have shown to this project and honor them by listing each and every one of them here.
  • Dominik Hopf 20€
  • Jan Hildebrandt 10€
  • Henk-Jan Zilverberg 10€
  • Andrew Carmicheal 10£
  • N J Grayson 10€
  • MKKLR21 10€
  • Paolo Hamam 10€
  • Andreas Körner 10€
  • Joern Feldhausen 10€
  • Sergio Avram 10€
  • Mauro Longano 10€
  • Jonathan 10€
  • Javi 10€
  • tndb 10$
  • Max Plotnikov 10$
  • Max 10$
  • EggZenBeanz 5£
  • Kai Hellmeier 5€
  • Moritz Fey 5€
  • David Mesegar 5€
  • Sergei Razladin 5€
  • Manuel Vögel 5€
  • Wido van der Gaag 5€
  • fr4nkr0c 5€
  • Анатолий Чистяков 5$
  • Kamil Respondek 2€
Downloads
Local Manifest (for developers)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="MrColdbird/proprietary_vendor_zuk" path="vendor/zuk" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
  <project name="MrColdbird/android_device_zuk_ham" path="device/zuk/ham" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
  <project name="ChromaKernel/cKernel" path="kernel/cyanogen/msm8974" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
</manifest>

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][6.0.1] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies (4K, USB-OTG, OTA, etc), ROM for the Lenovo Zuk Z1

Contributors
MrColdbird, JoaoPaulo
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-12-24
Last Updated 2016-03-02

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151230-091451.jpg
    Screenshot_20151230-091451.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 25,921
  • Screenshot_20151230-091503.jpg
    Screenshot_20151230-091503.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 26,042
  • Screenshot_20151230-091511.png
    Screenshot_20151230-091511.png
    247.2 KB · Views: 24,739
  • Screenshot_20151230-091522.png
    Screenshot_20151230-091522.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 25,141
  • Screenshot_20151230-091533.png
    Screenshot_20151230-091533.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 25,356
  • Screenshot_20151230-091548.jpg
    Screenshot_20151230-091548.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 24,778
  • Screenshot_20151230-091557.png
    Screenshot_20151230-091557.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 24,608
  • Screenshot_20151230-161815.png
    Screenshot_20151230-161815.png
    83 KB · Views: 24,771
  • Screenshot_20151230-161854.png
    Screenshot_20151230-161854.png
    239 KB · Views: 24,809
  • Screenshot_20151230-161904.png
    Screenshot_20151230-161904.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 24,562
  • Screenshot_20160104-083921.png
    Screenshot_20160104-083921.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 23,386
Last edited:

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Why make you Thread whene you dont have a working build? Please read the xda rules and delete this thread for now.

Gesendet von meinem Z1 mit Tapatalk

jmazzamj

Nov 19, 2013
Introduction
I've moved from my OPO to the Z1 and was simply disturbed with the lack of development this device receives, including how Cyanogen Inc & CM treats it like the ugly duckling in the family.
This might not have been received as such by the public, but should you ever give the CM code (device tree, kernel, etc) a look you will know what I mean.

To right this wrong I've set myself a simple goal, produce a proper CM13 device tree, Marshmallow proprietary repository and finally, clean up the device tree mess that Cyanogen Inc & CM produced for the Z1.
As a side-product of this, you guys will (obviously) reap the benefits of this endeavour of mine, namely a working CM13 build for the Z1.

Downloads aren't up yet due to the rather low quality of the build (at the moment), however, once I've fixed both WLAN & RIL, I will provide unofficial nightlies via my own little building bot so that you guys won't be missing out on any CM13 updates from now on.

Screenshots

Broken Stuff (at the moment)
  • RIL / Data
  • GPS
  • Most likely a lot more...

Changelog
    • Added prebuilt kernel + modules
    • Fixed WLAN

Donations
Should you wish to donate / buy me a beer / raise my working morale, feel free to send a few bucks via PayPal to vanburace@gmail.com.
Who knows, maybe my next grocery shopping trip can be paid by donation money? That would be marvelous.

UNOFFICIAL CM13, ROM for the Lenovo Zuk Z1

Contributors
MrColdbird

Version Information

Created 2015-12-24
Last Updated 2015-12-24
First of all thank you very much for endorsing this great project. I also wonder why such a good device with CM out of the box hasn't received better support from the community, at the end of the day OnePlus was nobody when the One was released and despite it was very hard to get it, it did see a good support from the beginning.

Second and foremost, as you probably have the skills, why don't you start porting AICP, Carbon, BlissPop or your favourite ROM to the Z1?

Thank you again!!

enyx.es

Aug 13, 2011
Madrid
OnePlus 6
Redmi Note 9 Pro
I think most ROM devs only develop official ROMs if they get the device, at least, carbon ROM when asked for support for my old mi2.
Others offer support but without owning the device, so you can't expect best support.
The thing is lots of devices who are not supported by CM have got 6.0 before supported devices and that make me feel like second division costumer.

Enviado desde mi Z1 mediante Tapatalk

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
Amazing. Thank u very much for this amazing project. Finally we got someone working in cm13! I hope Cyanogenmod and CyanogenOS start working soon...

Enviado desde mi Z1 mediante Tapatalk

PD. If u need any betatesters just ask for it, we will be happy ti help u.

Reactions: MrColdbird

Nickthegr8

Mar 16, 2013
Introduction

As a side-product of this, you guys will (obviously) reap the benefits of this endeavour of mine, namely a working CM13 build for the Z1.

Screenshots

Broken Stuff (at the moment)
  • Mobile Data
  • GPS
  • Most likely a lot more...

Changelog
    • Fixed SIM Card Detection
    • Fixed Phone Calls
    • Added prebuilt kernel + modules
    • Fixed WLAN
    • Fixed RIL

Donations
Should you wish to donate / buy me a beer / raise my working morale, feel free to send a few bucks via PayPal to vanburace@gmail.com.
Who knows, maybe my next grocery shopping trip can be paid by donation money? That would be marvelous
Thanks MrColdbird

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cm13_z1.png

Introduction
    And even if you don't, you will "feel" it while using their software too (half working or missing features, bugs in the kernel, etc).

I also throw in a kernel fix or two every once in a while.

As a side-product of this, you guys will (obviously) reap the benefits of this endeavour of mine, namely a properly working CM13 build for the Z1 as well as several other (maybe even more functional) ROMs that will have the opportunity to base their work on mine.

Working Stuff
    • Dual-SIM
    • Phone Calls
    • Phone Call Recording (2-way and unlocked)
    • Text Messaging
    • Mobile Data
    • Sensors
    • WLAN
    • EAP-SIM
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera (please use Micro OpenGapps, other Gapps sometimes break the camera)
    • 4K Video Recording
    • 1080p Front-Facing-Camera Recording
    • 60FPS Slow-Motion Recording (720p & 1080p only)
    • GPS
    • USB / USB-OTG
    • Doze mode
    • Double-Tap to Wake
    • Fingerprint Reader
    • Capacitive Home Button (Keycodes: 249 = Right Slide, 254 = Left Slide, 158 = Tap, mapped in fpc1020tp.kl)
    • Tethering
    • Fixed Headphone Button Voltage Tables (this fixes headphone buttons, like that of the Xiaomi Pistons)
    • Most (if not all) OS-related stuff
    Credits
    • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) for the bacon device tree & proprietaries (I've used some of these as bring-up reference)
    • Team CyanogenMod for... well, CyanogenMod
    • TheCrazyLex for general bring-up advice
    • JoaoPaulo for his CAF 1.1.3 / Chroma 6.0 kernel and TWRP port
    • Myself (Coldbird) for the actual bring-up and general bugfixing
    Donations
    Should you wish to support this (or other projects of mine), please consider donating a few bucks to me via PayPal.

Alternatively, if you like the general idea of bringing proper Android support to badly supported devices (mostly China-Phones), please consider becoming a patron to my "Bring CyanogenMod to China-Phones" movement over at Patreon by pledging a few dollars every month to move me closer to the goal of doing this for a living instead of only squeezing in a few hours every week next to my regular work.

Every support, no matter how tiny, is appreciated.

Donators
    Here's a list of all the kind people that have donated to this project in one way or another.
    I thank these people for the trust and support they have shown to this project and honor them by listing each and every one of them here.
    • Dominik Hopf 20€
    • Jan Hildebrandt 10€
    • Henk-Jan Zilverberg 10€
    • Andrew Carmicheal 10£
    • N J Grayson 10€
    • MKKLR21 10€
    • Paolo Hamam 10€
    • Andreas Körner 10€
    • Joern Feldhausen 10€
    • Sergio Avram 10€
    • Mauro Longano 10€
    • Jonathan 10€
    • Javi 10€
    • tndb 10$
    • Max Plotnikov 10$
    • Max 10$
    • EggZenBeanz 5£
    • Kai Hellmeier 5€
    • Moritz Fey 5€
    • David Mesegar 5€
    • Sergei Razladin 5€
    • Manuel Vögel 5€
    • Wido van der Gaag 5€
    • fr4nkr0c 5€
    • Анатолий Чистяков 5$
    • Kamil Respondek 2€
    Downloads
    Local Manifest (for developers)
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="MrColdbird/proprietary_vendor_zuk" path="vendor/zuk" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="MrColdbird/android_device_zuk_ham" path="device/zuk/ham" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="ChromaKernel/cKernel" path="kernel/cyanogen/msm8974" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
    </manifest>

[ROM][6.0.1] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies (4K, USB-OTG, OTA, etc), ROM for the Lenovo Zuk Z1

Contributors
    MrColdbird, JoaoPaulo
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-12-24
    Last Updated 2016-03-02
    ZUK released their marshmallow opensource kernel today, which contains an updated fpc1020 fingerprint reader driver.
    Long story short, we will finally have working fingerprint reader support on our opensource caf kernel.

I am working on it right now and merging all the required changes into our codebase.
    Stay tuned.

On another note, thanks to Andrew for this donation!
    It's nice to be appreciated.
    Couldn't sleep last night, fixed GPS instead.
    New build is available in OP post.
    Sorry for the late update / nightly today, I've done a few bigger changes tonight which is why I've disabled the buildbot until I was done.
    Either way, a new nightly is up, the biggest changes are...
    • Fixed CyanogenMod File Manager
    • Updated selinux rules and set enforcement to strict
    • Rebased on official CM13 kernel (with ZUI drivers to ensure the capacitive home button remains functional)
    • Fixed EAP-SIM cards (can't confirm this 100% as I don't have one, but it should work now)
    • Reduced boot time by tweaking I/O
    • Updated GPS HAL
    • Updated codec profiles
    • Merged CM upstream (as usual)
    Does it mean that we will get official CM13 soon with Marshmallow kernel? Do you know something Coldbird?

Your work on this device is amazing, thank you!
    ZUK China has nothing to do with Cyanogen Inc or CyanogenMod.

They released the parts of the kernel that are licensed under the GPL, as is governed by the law. People can make whatever they want out of that source.

Like in our case, we make an unofficial CM13 kernel and device/proprietary tree.

EDIT: Just built my first internal CM13 build with properly working fingerprint support.
    Pushed the code required for making it work to the github, a new build is in the pipeline and will be done and available in (I guess) 3 hours.

EDIT2: Found the reason why SIM cards take forever to start working... The RIL blobs we have were compiled with gcc4.8, which was fine up to this point...
    However, CyanogenMod chose Clang and gcc4.9 as their compilers of choice... due to this, libc.so (on our system) is compiled with Clang, while the RIL blob precompilates are built in gcc4.8.

This causes quite a few hiccups when it comes to memory allocation and freeing of resources in inter-module communication... and causes a segfault inside the rild process / blobs.
    In consequence, the Android init binary will continue trying to bring up the ril-daemons... it will repeat this process over and over, and eventually, we will hit a lucky strike where the binary won't segfault...

Long story short - this sucks. We don't have access to compatible binaries, and the only way to fix it would be to fall back to an older compiler, which would keep us away from a whole bunch of speed optimizations... for the time being though I've revised a temporary fix...

To buy us time to find a proper solution, I've manually built and added a libc.so compilate to the proprietary repository on github.
    This binary will override the one compiled by the CM build process and, due to having the same compiler as our RIL blobs, prevent the segfault we are currently experiencing.

This is, sadly, a RIL bug... even when mixing compilers, such a thing should not happen, but sadly it does...
    This means, the real fix has to occur in the RIL blobs... but sadly, we don't have access to the source code of these...
    So, until I can think of a better solution, I will stick to this rather nasty workaround I've committed to github.

Summed up, next build will have the SIM card detection issue and the fingerprint reader fixed / implemented.