Code:
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
 * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
 * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
 * laugh at you.

About Us:
Dirty Unicorns is a project that started out with no name. It was a project that was first created based off AOKP back in the early days of Jelly Bean because of curiosity. In the early days, it was just a one man show on one device (EVO 3D). However, many others have joined the project since and it has grown a lot. We have seen a wide variety of talent contribute to this project of ours and many of our contributors have gone on to help other projects, and that is ultimately why we do what we do.

Once Jelly Bean was over, we decided in Kitkat to move to a new base, which was OmniROM. While AOKP was fun, OmniROM proved to be even more exciting because it challenged us to see what we could with something different.

With Lollipop and Marshmallow, we have moved to an AOSP base with a lot of patches from CAF to make our older devices function as they should. With that said, it has been an awesome learning experience and it's still not over! We are still learning every day and continue to move forward.

Few more things we will say is that we don't accept nor ask for donations. We don't believe in that. Everything that is necessary to keep this project going is out of our own pocket. Gerrit, Jenkins, Websites, Devices, etc.....

All we do ask is that you search, read and try to enjoy the process with us!!

Flashing Instructions:
- Verify that you're using the latest version of TWRP

- Perform a FULL WIPE as described below if coming from another ROM
(A full wipe is when you wipe system/data/cache/internal and/or sdcard)

- Flash the latest version of this ROM

- Flash marshmallow GAPPS

( Recommended BaNkS Dynamic GApp or Open GApp pico )

- Reboot and ENJOY!!

Download Links:
ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636000929
GAPPS: http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/files/gapps/banks_gapps

Other Links:
ROM Source - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns
Gerrit - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/statuspen

Credits and Thanks:

JMZ Software
Baby Jesus
Code Aurora Forum
Omni ROM
Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
Android Ice Cold Project (AICP)
XDA-Developers
SlimROMs
Preludedrew
Max Weninger
Team Black Out
CyanogenMod[/CODE]

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Created: 2016-01-13
Last Updated: 2016-04-16

Last edited:

Diazz72

Mar 11, 2012
Pula ( Croatia )
[ F.A.Q]
Q: It wont boot ( getting black screen ), why?
A: If you have 9505 it will boot, black screen is ROM boot animation issue...its booting but not showing an animation.

Q: Can't get recent?
A: Use double tap :) ( remember its a AOSP/GEP based ROM ).

Q: I am having Camera ( or any other app ) issue, why?
A: Set Selinux mode to permissive in [ Settings - Dirty Tweaks - ( under GENERAL UI ) Misc. Tweaks - Selinux Mode ]

[ F.A.Q - OLD 6. 0 BUILD]
Q: It wont boot, why?
A: If you have 9505 it will boot, but first boot it take time ( especialy if u use gapps ), so be patient till it boot.

Q: How to fix home key ( app switch )?
A: Use GravityBox.

Q: Why is nav. bar settings empty.
A: Close source, but you can enable nav. bar via GravityBox.

Last edited:

atego

Apr 13, 2007
lille
Nice, a new MM rom !!
Is it multilanguage ?
What are know bugs ?
Can we themed it ?

Thank you vm.

Nicolas

Soroxi

Nov 20, 2014
Geneva
I have 2 problems with this rom. First I can't install supersu after flashing it it doesn't show up there is no supersu app or even in the settings. Second there is no button to go to recent apps double tap home button doesn't work. Other than that the rom is great so far and I was surprised that cm themes was implemented even though this rom is based on aosp

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk

yilun

Oct 4, 2013
Bogota
@Diazz72: "I managed to install su by installing g SuperSU 2.46. Than only installing 2.66 apk and updating binary in app"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Diazz72

Mar 11, 2012
Pula ( Croatia )
I have 2 problems with this rom. First I can't install supersu after flashing it it doesn't show up there is no supersu app or even in the settings. Second there is no button to go to recent apps double tap home button doesn't work. Other than that the rom is great so far and I was surprised that cm themes was implemented even though this rom is based on aosp

@Diazz72: "I managed to install su by installing g SuperSU 2.46. Than only installing 2.66 apk and updating binary in app"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

As @yilun sad, you need to install SuperSU 2.46, and than manually install 2.66 APK ONLY, and than upgrade binary from APP.

Nice, a new MM rom !!
Is it multilanguage ?
What are know bugs ?
Can we themed it ?

Thank you vm.

Nicolas

1. Yes
2. Recent APP ( home ) buttun is not working, you need to change system/usr/keylayout/generic.k or install xposed, no nav.bar ( not yet implemented in rom ) ( but maybe you can activate it via xposed ( gravity box ).
3. Yes, its use CMTheme engine.

No nav-bar :/ @Diazz72 Question: Why is there no fling or normal navbar? Because this is from their caf-branch or because its Dirty-Deets?

idk...its rom related.

Reactions: Soroxi

MartelKombat

Oct 25, 2013
That's sad, but I understand.
I was so curious about Fling and the new navbar from Randal :/.
Then let's wait for offical build :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jbats

LE_17

Jun 7, 2013
Hi excellent hard work i hace one question i can install this rom in a variant s4 sgh-m919v or not because i want to use this excellent work please some help me with this thanks for your time

shark jungle

Dec 4, 2015
Akron

I flashed this su.zip
https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip?retrieve_file=1
and it's there in the settings right over developer options, but it doesn't work properly .
no recent , i'm using omni right now.

shark jungle

Dec 4, 2015
Akron
Glad to here it :)...enjoy.
I have the honor to be here bro.

I really enjoyed the Dirty tweaks it's well organized,easy and fast to reach and configure i hope to have more options in the near future.
While using some Apps like WhatsApp i got systemUI fc sometimes not very annoying.
Lock screen fonts changes randomly after SystemUI crashes, it back to normal after rebooting.
as soon as this is the first DU Marshmallow build, its a good start.

gc_geforce

May 17, 2009
Canada
Is having some issues with my Bluetooth speaker and google now. I have it working on JDC aosp MM, so I will play around with the settings. The problem is that it connects to the speaker BUT when it should be outputting a voice asking to say "say call and a name or number.." all you hear is static. The text to speech is setup correctly as you can test it with the phone only but the audio is messed up going to the bluetooth speaker.

I do like all the extras this ROM has compared to others. Also I am not getting LTE on this ROM..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G8SyG5F.png

Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
     * laugh at you.

About Us:
    Dirty Unicorns is a project that started out with no name. It was a project that was first created based off AOKP back in the early days of Jelly Bean because of curiosity. In the early days, it was just a one man show on one device (EVO 3D). However, many others have joined the project since and it has grown a lot. We have seen a wide variety of talent contribute to this project of ours and many of our contributors have gone on to help other projects, and that is ultimately why we do what we do.

Once Jelly Bean was over, we decided in Kitkat to move to a new base, which was OmniROM. While AOKP was fun, OmniROM proved to be even more exciting because it challenged us to see what we could with something different.

With Lollipop and Marshmallow, we have moved to an AOSP base with a lot of patches from CAF to make our older devices function as they should. With that said, it has been an awesome learning experience and it's still not over! We are still learning every day and continue to move forward.

Few more things we will say is that we don't accept nor ask for donations. We don't believe in that. Everything that is necessary to keep this project going is out of our own pocket. Gerrit, Jenkins, Websites, Devices, etc.....

All we do ask is that you search, read and try to enjoy the process with us!!

Flashing Instructions:
    - Verify that you're using the latest version of TWRP

- Perform a FULL WIPE as described below if coming from another ROM
    (A full wipe is when you wipe system/data/cache/internal and/or sdcard)

- Flash the latest version of this ROM

- Flash marshmallow GAPPS

( Recommended BaNkS Dynamic GApp or Open GApp pico )

- Reboot and ENJOY!!

Download Links:
    ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636000929
    GAPPS: http://download.dirtyunicorns.com/files/gapps/banks_gapps

Other Links:
    ROM Source - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns
    Gerrit - http://gerrit.dirtyunicorns.com/#/q/statuspen

Credits and Thanks:

JMZ Software
    Baby Jesus
    Code Aurora Forum
    Omni ROM
    Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
    Android Ice Cold Project (AICP)
    XDA-Developers
    SlimROMs
    Preludedrew
    Max Weninger
    Team Black Out
    CyanogenMod[/CODE]

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Created: 2016-01-13
    Last Updated: 2016-04-16
    [ F.A.Q]
    Q: It wont boot ( getting black screen ), why?
    A: If you have 9505 it will boot, black screen is ROM boot animation issue...its booting but not showing an animation.

Q: Can't get recent?
    A: Use double tap :) ( remember its a AOSP/GEP based ROM ).

Q: I am having Camera ( or any other app ) issue, why?
    A: Set Selinux mode to permissive in [ Settings - Dirty Tweaks - ( under GENERAL UI ) Misc. Tweaks - Selinux Mode ]

[ F.A.Q - OLD 6. 0 BUILD]
    Q: It wont boot, why?
    A: If you have 9505 it will boot, but first boot it take time ( especialy if u use gapps ), so be patient till it boot.

Q: How to fix home key ( app switch )?
    A: Use GravityBox.

Q: Why is nav. bar settings empty.
    A: Close source, but you can enable nav. bar via GravityBox.
    Dude, we are waiting...Have you tested Cake kernel yet?

My beta test group is testing rom and it will be out today or tomorrow :).
    I did not test it yet.