[ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL]Paranoid Android 6.0 for Galaxy S6 [AOSP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Noxxxious

Apr 9, 2012
Yes guys you can just flash bootloader 5.1.1 only. This allows aosp flash, it won't downgrade to 5.1.1, the flash will UPGRADE to 6.0.1 later.
For those who have some problem while flashing try perform a full wipe (system/cache/dalvik) and if still persist try change/update your recovery.

Right, I forgot: fingerprint not working because really no sources for that.

This thing is stuck on that "patching system image.." with TWRP as Philz Recovery.

Cant you just extract the system.dat.new and let it be a system map in the folder so it can do a normal install.

I can build kernel for MM bootloader with no lags.

First build TW kernel, then we will see..

Astrubale

Jan 15, 2016
This thing is stuck on that "patching system image.." with TWRP as Philz Recovery.

Cant you just extract the system.dat.new and let it be a system map in the folder so it can do a normal install.

First build TW kernel, then we will see..

Teel me when you need new kernel.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

If you want enjoy this telegram.me/S6AOSPDevelopers
Javi and I are working on AOSP too.

Shamako

Dec 6, 2015
These steps make no sense. Why would you flash paranoid and later wipe the system to flash gapps.. ? When you wipe system the paranoid will be gone too.

Btw the install is taking ages..stuck at "patching system image unconditionally" for like an half hour..

Did your flash finish? I'm stuck on the same message.

S

sawdoctor

Has anyone managed to get this rom to boot yet ?
@Tonylel you may need to add more detailed instructions or edit you OP to WIP if no one can get this to work

Kind regards
Moderation Team

Noxxxious

Apr 9, 2012
I am giving up for now. OP should make this ROM compatible with 6.0.1 bootloader.

You already said this. And the fact that he rom boots up or not doesnt depend on the fact if he should make it 6.0.1 BL compatible. If it works with 5.1.1 and it boots then its just fine. 6.0.1 BL compatibility is the least of the problems.

Reactions: Jazznax

elprince_99

May 21, 2014
Alexandria
okay guys i think the dev is now working to know what is the problem...but this thread and rom is just the beginnig of a dream comes true to our beast ( galaxy s6)...hope the progress goes well more than now and good luck dev :D
sorry for my english

iDroid27210

Jan 1, 2016
Pont-Audemer
Hello :)

There is a message to the developer.
If you're building your ROM for ARM64, try to build in ARM (32 bit).
64 bits is useless for our phone, we only have 3GB of RAM.

64 bits takes more RAM to run instead of 32 bits (so with 32 bits we will get more available RAM).

Reactions: dugzino

Mr.pakkis

Jul 19, 2015
You already said this. And the fact that he rom boots up or not doesnt depend on the fact if he should make it 6.0.1 BL compatible. If it works with 5.1.1 and it boots then its just fine. 6.0.1 BL compatibility is the least of the problems.
It would be much more easier. I can't downgrade to 5.1.1 BL, so I cant try out this ROM

warface123

Jun 13, 2012
Miami
"This post (67955740) has already been reported. Our moderation team is evaluating these report(s) and will be making a decision shortly."
Thanks to whoever has reported it I'll share a cookie with you ;)

Reactions: sieerra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread cleaned and closed

Download links removed

Regards,
    Bajanman
    0RWAhpj.png

Hey guys! Paranoid Android is finally back!
    Here I built a first release to share with you. The rom is based on AOSP sources, Paranoid code and Cyanogenmod stability fixes, plus other things hand-written for S6 good compatibility. Now stop talking and enjoy Paranoid!

Disclaimer:
    I take no responsibility for lost data, broken devices or anything else you encountered
    during/after flashing this ROM.
    You are responsible for what you are using on your devices!
    Do some research before doing anything and always make sure to have a backup!

NOTE: This ROM is based on AOSP. So make sure you follow exactly the steps I write to install.

Download:
    Mod Edit
    Link removed

Bugs:
    some lags, camera starts 50% of times, frame drops here and there playing videos.

Steps:
    flash 5.1.1 with odin (cause of bootloader)
    flash paranoid (gapps not now, it won't boot!)
    reboot
    back to recovery
    system and cache wipe
    flash gapps
    reboot

Credits:
    Paranoid Android team
    CyanogenMod team
    Slim team (AOSP-CAF)
    tdcfpp

Sources:
    Exynos
    And some personal fixes I'm still working on

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    Tonylel
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-07-29
    Last Updated 2016-07-29
    I can build kernel for MM bootloader with no lags.
    Did your flash finish? I'm stuck on the same message.

After 1h I gave up and restored TWRP backup.
    I am giving up for now. OP should make this ROM compatible with 6.0.1 bootloader.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone