• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL][WIP] VanirAOSP for SM-T700, SM-T705 and SM-T800

Search This thread

SkilesAwaRz

Jan 24, 2016
@Paulicat still hoping for vanir 7, will it be?
I don't think so, he's away now for some problems IRL, he's not going to work on ROMs for a while.
But I can tell this vanir 6 is the stablest ROM I used on my tab. And with xposed it works like a charm.

BTW deadman is going to port some optimised ROMs for our tab soon.

Envoyé de mon HONOR-7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: kaodd

amateurhack

Sep 25, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: ferry155

ferry155

Oct 10, 2012
I have been seeing this thread for a long time, but I never give it a try. So, yesterday I managed to install VANIR ROM on my tab S.
So far it's been good, the memory management is incredible. The GPU performance is a bit weird, I notice frame drop at display rotation animation and when entering a submenu in the setting app, maybe the GPU governor is set to be conservative. But it's OK.
I also notice the audio FX from CM is missing, or maybe I just haven't found it yet. The max audio volume is pretty low, is there any tweak to increase the volume?

kaodd

Dec 27, 2010
Bergen
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I have been seeing this thread for a long time, but I never give it a try. So, yesterday I managed to install VANIR ROM on my tab S.
So far it's been good, the memory management is incredible. The GPU performance is a bit weird, I notice frame drop at display rotation animation and when entering a submenu in the setting app, maybe the GPU governor is set to be conservative. But it's OK.
I also notice the audio FX from CM is missing, or maybe I just haven't found it yet. The max audio volume is pretty low, is there any tweak to increase the volume?
viper4android or dolbyatmos

kaodd

Dec 27, 2010
Bergen
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

ferry155

Oct 10, 2012
viper4android or dolbyatmos
thanks, I did try the viper4android, but it still couldn't improve the sound volume.

I found the solution from another thread, an app called Deathly Adiutor. There is a section about speaker, you can tweak the amplification for both left and right speaker.

amateurhack

Sep 25, 2011
thanks, I did try the viper4android, but it still couldn't improve the sound volume.

I found the solution from another thread, an app called Deathly Adiutor. There is a section about speaker, you can tweak the amplification for both left and right speaker.

I've been using viper, and it works well, though it's not as user friendly and some run into installation issues. But of you have a solution that works for you, then that's all that matters.

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Guys! Is the SMS Problem solved? (Red Failmessage that SMS was not sendet, but the SMS where sendet!?)
Thanks!

jackhanna

Sep 27, 2016
Great Rom! Stable and fast. Also the live display works flawless. Screen ontime is about on par what I would get with a TW MM rom.

Has anyone tweaked the CPU settings with kernel adiutor and changed the governor?? What is the best governor to use for good battery life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fup.picr.de%2F20479606we.png

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */

Vanir follows AOSP Upstream and mainly focuses on performance Tuning Android.

Be a part of the Vanir community!
    https://plus.google.com/communities/...32131473754160

Features :
    Code:
    Customizable Navbar
    Customizable Statusbar
    Customizable Power Menu
    Customizable Quick Settings Panel
    Customizable LCD Density
    Heads Up (floating) Notifications
    Long Press Quick Settings Header Shortcuts (Long Press Locations: Date, Time, Weather, & Battery)
    Expanded Desktop Option with Per App Settings
    Terminal App - Needs to be enable in Developer Settings
    ScreenShot - Power + Volume Down
    Advanced Reboot - Enable in Developer Settings
    System Profiles - Turn WiFi, GPS, & other features on or off when you enter or leave trigger wifi signal
    CM Themes in Settings

Installation:
    1. Download the appropriate ROM .
    2. Download the appropriate GApps.
    3. Backup
    4. Wipe dalvik/cache/data/factory reset.
    5. WIPE SYSTEM.
    6. Flash the ROM in recovery.
    7. Flash the gapps.
    8. Reboot Device.

Note for dirty flash upgrade: VanirAOSP has a built in Gapps backup and restore that works wonderfully.
    To dirty flash update just flash the rom file only. No need to flash gapps during dirty upgrade.
    Download :
    T700 WIFI ONLY ROM: T700 VanirAOSP Unofficial Latest Build 12/20/2016

T705 LTE ONLY ROM: T705 VanirAOSP Unofficial Latest Build 12/20/2016

T800 WIFI ONLY TEST BUILD: T800 VanirAOSP Unofficial Latest Build 12/20/2016

GAPPS: http://opengapps.org I recommend version pico

Sources :
    ROM: VanirAOSP
    Device: Device Tree use Vanir-mm branch
    Kernel
    Vendor

A big thanks to Deadman96385, Exynos5420 Team, Javelinanddart and the vanirAOSP Team for their hard work.

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Yup I'll do builds up for these three devices and if time permits I'll try one for the T805 if there's any interest.[/QUOTE

get better 'n better, maybe we go all the way . . . . ;) means Vanir 7 :laugh:

I'm going to start with a lineageOS nougat build first...Vanir just moved to nougat and cm14.1 has been around for a bit already.
    How great it sounds ! No 7.1.1 build for t800 yet :) thanks a lot

I'll try to get the t800 build for lineageOS out after I get the t700 build working right.
    First post link to T700 rom updated with new build.
    Resync sources with VanirAOSP and more importantly, worked with deadman96385 to clean out the powerHAL errors in logcat.
    Next build for T705 will also clear out the powerHAL errors.
    Dirty flashing only requires the rom zip and nothing else right?

That's correct, VanirAOSP has a gapps backup/restore script that is working perfectly from all the dirty flashes I've done. :D