• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][6.0.1_r68][Official] Exodus Android 6 for Bullhead Nexus 5x

Search This thread

RajaMu

Jan 11, 2015
www.fgsfoundation.com

ABOUT:
Team Exodus brings you EXODUS Rom, coded by professional level developers with additional support from the community, focusing on improved versions of common features and improvements found in the open-source community while bringing new, original improvements and coding with the highest standards.

INSTALLATION:
  • Take necessary backups
  • Be rooted w/ a custom recovery
  • Download EXODUS Rom & Gapps for your device and move them to your phone
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Wipe (full wipe <exclude internal>if coming from another Rom)**
  • Flash the Rom
  • Flash the Gapps**
  • Reboot to System
  • Setup and Reboot System
These directions are not necessary after the first install if you use the Exodus Updater, included in the ROM. It can notify you of updates, download, and install them for you automatically.

**This is automated if coming from a previous Exodus build (Dirty Flashing).

We recommend using our stock (preinstalled) kernel for best results and usage of all features!

SOURCES:

Exodus official build:

GApps:
  • Any 6.0.x GApps of your choice, we recommend opengapps.org

----- Advanced Developers/Users Section----
Rom source:
Kernel source: Gerrit code review system:
COMMUNITY
For additional support, info, and updates please join us in the official Google+ community:
https://plus.google.com/communities/106801227383087889476

Crowdin project:
Help us with translating to support your native language!

CREDITS:
Thank you to all the members, contributors, and maintainers on the Exodus Android team.
Please see our source for an unabridged list of contributions, authorship, and cherry-picks.

SUPPORT/DONATION:
If you would like to thank us for our work or help in support server costs you can do so here:
@Williamsss
Primedirective (Team Leader / Project Owner / Server hosting)
MartinRo (Project Owner / Server hosting)
Raja. M (Senior Developer / Project Owner)
Alex (Kernel Developer / Project Owner)
Jorge (Developer / Overall Project )
Adrian (Developer / Overall Project )
&
TEAMExodus Team

XDA:DevDB Information
Exodus Android for Bullhead Nexus 5X, ROM for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
Raja.M, williamsss, Martin_Ro, primedirective, Raja.M , (William)
Source Code: http://github.com/TeamExodus

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0B6RJCRUxbzL5VEREMGtCTWxhWTg
Based On: CyanogenMod, AOSP, CAF Mixed

Version Information

Created 2016-03-11
Last Updated 2016-09-21

darkrom

Jan 9, 2011
Can't get this to boot. Did full wipe, waiting 10+ minutes just hangs at the google splash screen for me. Any ideas? I don't typically have any issues with other roms, but I want to give this a try.

drnizeguy

Oct 23, 2008
Installed rom without Gapps. A lot of system errors, no simcard. Log attached

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    261.5 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: RajaMu

ViRb3

Aug 25, 2014
No SIM card detected + 'Internal system error' on 12th March build. Is the intended fix in tomorrow's release? Otherwise the ROM boots very beautifully and all!

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

EDIT: Build 13th of March, SIM card detected!

Last edited:

RajaMu

Jan 11, 2015
www.fgsfoundation.com
No SIM card detected + 'Internal system error' on 12th March build. Is the intended fix in tomorrow's release? Otherwise the ROM boots very beautifully and all!

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

EDIT: Build 13th of March, SIM card detected!
Hey its working with latest build on server.

Everything works :D just do a clean flash with current build along with proper opengapps 64bit micro :)

Reactions: toma62

ViRb3

Aug 25, 2014
I have just one big request: please fix 'OK Google Anywhere'. Just like on CM, it doesn't work here. The same bug also applies - when you set a voice model and reopen Google Now, if you disable the 'OK Google Anywhere' it immediately turns on again.

RajaMu

Jan 11, 2015
www.fgsfoundation.com
OK BullHead online,

everything works

Thanks for each one of you without u guys it could be difficult to understand whats going on !

Will make more stable on your feedback inputs .. Please try our latest build along with arm64bit opengapps

I wish i could have this device to make it perfect release ( initially (at-least someone donates to buy :p)

RajaMu

Jan 11, 2015
www.fgsfoundation.com
I have just one big request: please fix 'OK Google Anywhere'. Just like on CM, it doesn't work here. The same bug also applies - when you set a voice model and reopen Google Now, if you disable the 'OK Google Anywhere' it immediately turns on again.

First of all ok google nothing to do with any ROM including CM

It works with flavour of gapps u choose. So try stock or micro gapps to get ok google anywhere depends with gapps vendor check packages list and download :D

ViRb3

Aug 25, 2014
First of all ok google nothing to do with any ROM including CM

It works with flavour of gapps u choose. So try stock or micro gapps to get ok google anywhere depends with gapps vendor check packages list and download :D

I have tried OpenGapps, SlimGapps and Banks Gapps - they all fail on CM (and Exodus ROM). It works on every AOSP-based ROM and it doesn't work on any CM-based ROM. Believe me, I have tried every ROM available for the Nexus 5X. I am running newest vendor (release 22, build number ending with 'J'). This issue appears to be widely known with CyanogenMod and frankly nobody ever fixed it.

Last edited:

gpvecchi

Today's build works fine for me, thanks! And it seems very snappy, too!
Bugs found: no Bullhead in Exodus updater, so feature not working.
Suggestions: the display is set in cooler color mode, no way to change it; smart pulldown for notifications (no notifications, quick settings will appear); quick settings edit/rearrange; silent/vibrate mode chooser in power menu.

toma62

Nov 3, 2010
Varese
Hey its working with latest build on server.

Everything works :D just do a clean flash with current build along with proper opengapps 64bit micro :)

Thanks great job, compliments
I ask please, how you solved the issue NO SIM Card?
because in another rom and the same thing happened, and you can not solve:good:

Top Liked Posts