[ROM][6.0.1_r68][Official][Nightly]Exodus Android 6 for OnePlus3

Search This thread

Poipoii

Jul 9, 2017
Hey guys :)

First of all, thank you VERY VERY much for this ROM. Was using it on my OP2 and it was my favorite/daily driver out of all the ROMs I've tried. Great work!

Anyways, I switched to a OP3 yesterday (after losing my 2, R.I.P :( ), and I can't get the ROM to boot on my phone. I did all the steps exactly, multiple trials, all clean wipes, even userdata formats, tried flashing a DM-verity-disabling .zip, tried booting with and w/o flashing SU and Gapps, different SU's and different Gapps. Issue is, I get past the 1+ logo, but don't get the Exodus boot animation > never boots and just gets stuck on a fully black screen (not backlighting noticeable even). The phone is definitely still powered on, as I have to hard reboot it to get back to recovery/fastboot everytime. I tried flashing OOS back to see if it was a hardware issue, and OOS works just fine. Haven't tried different ROMs other than Exodus and OOS.

Thank you in advance for your help!

EDIT : Using the Nightly Build 11/11, tried the previous one as well. Am I just being dumb and flashing the wrong .zip ? :/

Last edited:

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
@Poipoii You need to flash the 3.2.4 firmware (available here). Regarding the recovery, I'm not sure if the latest TWRP is compatible.

Keep in mind that this ROM stop being updated some time ago. The firmware needed is not secure, the ROM has bugs, lacks security updates and lots of things have improved on this phone since the last update. Also, very important, this works only on the Oneplus 3, not on the 3T.

If you want to use Exodus, I suggest the new Exodus ROM based on Android 7.1.2 (here). @RajaMu is still working on some bugs (eg: camera doesn't work)... but that's were the work is being done at the moment. (Or you can use something like LineageOS or ParanoidAndroid while you wait for the bugs to be fixed.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Poipoii

Poipoii

Jul 9, 2017
I can cope with a few bugs here & there, keep sensitive information to a minimum on my phone, etc, so I'm still quite fine using this ROM. I'd love to use 7.x.x but I'm waiting for Xposed.

Thank you very much with your help & advice @S4turno :good:

calvinistmac

Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere in Tennessee
Google Pixel 7
I highly advise against using this ROM. As S4Turno said above it hasn't been updated in ages. Last time I tried using this (over a year ago now) it was completely unusable and so full of bugs that I had to revert to stock Oxygen at the time. XPosed does work on Nougat, but as always I highly advise against that too as it's a bloody hack and can really screw things up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ABOUT:
    Team Exodus brings you EXODUS Rom, coded by professional level developers with additional support from the community, focusing on improved versions of common features and improvements found in the open-source community while bringing new, original improvements and coding with the highest standards.

INSTALLATION:
    • Take necessary backups
    • Be rooted w/ a custom recovery
    • Download EXODUS Rom & Gapps for your device and move them to your phone
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe (full wipe if coming from another Rom)**
    • Flash the Rom
    • Flash the Gapps**
    • Reboot to System
    • Setup and Reboot System
    These directions are not necessary after the first install if you use the Exodus Updater, included in the ROM. It can notify you of updates, download, and install them for you automatically.

**This is automated if coming from a previous Exodus build (Dirty Flashing).

We recommend using our stock (preinstalled) kernel for best results and usage of all features!

Please note : we havnt tested this build , so please flash on your own risk !

SOURCES:

Exodus official build:

GApps:
    • Any 6.0.x GApps of your choice

----- Advanced Developers/Users Section----
    Rom source:
    Kernel source: Gerrit code review system:
    COMMUNITY
    For additional support, info, and updates please join us in the official Google+ community:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/106801227383087889476

Crowdin project:
    Help us with translating to support your native language!

CREDITS:
    Thank you to all the members, contributors, and maintainers on the Exodus Android team.
    Please see our source for an unabridged list of contributions, authorship, and cherry-picks.

SUPPORT/DONATION:
    If you would like to thank us for our work or help in support server costs you can do so here:
    Alex - TheCrazyLex (Maintainer Oneplus Devices / Kernel Developer / Project Owner)
    Raja. M (Senior Developer / Project Owner)
    Primedirective (Team Leader / Project Owner / Server hosting)
    MartinRo (Project Owner / Server hosting)
    Adrian (Developer / Overall Project )
    &
    TEAMExodus Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Exodus Android for OnePlus3, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    Raja.M, TheCrazyLex, primedirective, Martin_Ro , Triscuit
    Source Code: http://github.com/TeamExodus

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP, CAF Mixed

Version Information

Created 2016-07-01
    Last Updated 2016-09-24
    Hey guys ,

An Announcement ,

We have scheduled official OnePlus 3 nightly every Monday & Friday twice a week

Thanks for the support on exodus we try our level best to make it more stable & bug free rom along with best performance !

- Raja.M

Sent from my unknown using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Hey Guys,

* First of all I have fixed the about section device name issue.

On a lighter note:

See guys I have already communicated I don’t have this device and I'm not from rich background either.

That doesn’t mean I will release something with unstable versions with TAG name as nightly but at the same time few minor issue may be there because its too early say its stable.

I am really sadden with rating on this thread as 3.X or 4 . Seems few insisting me to stop the support for oneplus3 :( .. !
    This device bring up I have made with sacrificing my precious personal time along with sleepless nights, I know many ROM out there with best out of box features but I know how many sleepless nights and how much optimizations we did for EXODUS.

Here I am not saying everyone is wrong or our ROM is the only greater one but for sure I am ensuring my testcases towards daily driver are met with help of my friends among testers. So please be patience or think before you post worst rating on thread with 3 and 2 stars ! This yields nothing but lose the interest and make think "waste of time."

Hope you wont take me wrong out of my context and its not intending anyone.

Thanks & Regards
    RajaMu
    Hey guys making a new build on my local PC with dash support ...

Stay tuned :)

Sent from my unknown using XDA-Developers mobile app
    OK guys , Hardware encryption changes as been added to following build:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=75150

I don't have device to test end to end ... but hardware encryption should work with my latest build .. !

Sent from my ONE A2003 using XDA-Developers mobile app