• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

AlaaHosni

Aug 12, 2014
@osas514 please update cm 13 without graphic glitches
Its an issue in the CM source, osas515 can't do anything I guess

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

will not enjoy GT I9082 renovation n7.0 ??

أرسلت من GT-I9082 بإستخدام تاباتلك
Dude stop asking for nougat ROM, osas is doing all he can to bring it to our grand just wait dude

osas514

Feb 5, 2014
Benin
Its an issue in the CM source, osas515 can't do anything I guess

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Dude stop asking for nougat ROM, osas is doing all he can to bring it to our grand just wait dude

Graphics glitches is caused by the AAPT config... It's from the device tree and not from CM source and I'm already compiling an update with the fix included..

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

iaydin

Oct 5, 2016
I updated versions of the cm-13.0-20161005-unofficial-i9082. Sim cards can not be seen in both card slots. Until now, that was no problem with updates. I would ask about resolving the problem.

Sep 16, 2016
Stable one

Today I flashed Rom "2016-08-15" and it is very stable but you have to wipe cache and dalvik before start then use Nova Launcher , because Default Launcher is very buggy and make the phone reboot

saqibkhan

Hi.. I had installed cm12.1 for Grand Duos a long time back and have forgotten everything about Samsung installation. iv always used Sony phones and used to it..

Please can someone explain me in simple language the steps to FULLY clean install September 12 cm13 ROM.

1. How to flash the boot.img Kernel from the zip file ?? ADB ?? or any other method. ODIN. but for ODIN I believe we have to first convert from img. to .tar afaik.

2. Is the recovery included in the Kernel or has to be installed separately ? Where is the Latest recovery link ? plz give me.

Edit: Got this one
3. Gapps have to be installed along with the ROM or after first boot ? Together with the ROM.

Last edited:

saqibkhan

@Kingo Maik .. iv already read the 1st Page. I'm not a noob. I wouldn't have asked if I got the info on the page first. the first page tell what to do.. but doesn't tell how to do it..

I need someone to answer my questions as I asked them so I can clearly follow the steps and incase someone else needs those steps for the first time.. he might benefit too

osas514

Feb 5, 2014
Benin
1 you don't have to flash any boot.img, it's included in the zip file of the rom. All you have to do is simply flash the rom and gapps(clean install ie wipe data, cache Flash the rom and gapps then wipe dalvik cache and reboot)

2 You have to download a cwm recovery or twrp recovery (you can get it from aicp 11 thread)

3 Gapps have to flashed along with the rom ie once you Flash the rom, flash gapps along with it..

4 if you're a newbie you have to be rooted first with cwm recovery/twrp installed and your grand must be on 4.2.2 and not on 4.1.2

Last edited:

Kingo Maik

Sep 16, 2016
1 you don't have to flash any boot.img, it's included in the zip file of the rom. All you have to do is simply flash the rom and gapps(clean install ie wipe data, cache Flash the rom and gapps then wipe dalvik cache and reboot)

2 You have to download a cwm recovery or twrp recovery (you can get it from aicp 11 thread)

3 Gapps have to flashed along with the rom ie once you Flash the rom, flash gapps along with it..

4 if you're a newbie you have to be rooted first with cwm recovery/twrp installed and your grand must be on 4.2.2 and not on 4.1.2

HI Osas514 (Rom 7.0 dream)[emoji9]

أرسلت من GT-I9082 بإستخدام تاباتلك

saqibkhan

I'm sorry ur a dev and I'm questioning you on this.. but does the Kernel really get flashed like that ?? cuz for all the SONY roms I have flashed till date.. every dev asks to flash the Kernel through ADB and then flash the ROM thru the Recovery built into the Kernel. But kernel never flashed through zip file. so will the latest kernel be flashed like that ?

Edit ::
I had followed ur instructions.. everything flashed correctly but ROM wasn't booting and charging unless I flashed the Boot.img (Kernel) separately from ODIN.
I was on 12.1 and now on 13.0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F6Sh3RB0.png%3F1

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from https://github.com/Iguma1/cm13_device_samsung_i9082 and kernel tree https://github.com/ghsr/android_kernel_samsung_i9082/tree/cm-13.0-setns
    Compatibilitiy Patches:https://github.com/ghsr/build_tools/tree/cm-13.0/patches

Downloads
    ROM:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=47858
    Gapps: http://opengapps.org

What works?
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    Camera
    Video (playback & recording)
    Audio (playback & recording)
    GPS
    Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
    Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
    Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to stock 4.2 before flashing

Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations (once they work):
    Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
    "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled

Installation
    Make a backup!
    If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to stock 4.2 first.
    Install ClockworkMod recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
    Reboot into recovery
    If you are using a recovery which mounts /system on boot, unmount it before installing
    Wipe data if coming from stock or other ROMs (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    Install the ROM
    Optionally install the Google Apps Addon (In Marshmallow, you MUST flash gapps before booting into the system for the first time or else the proper permissions will not be granted resulting in Setup Wizard crash. If you experience the crash, you will need to do a factory reset.)

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again. (However, if you are experiencing strange issues, you may want to try a wipe.)

Credits
    LineageOS team
    @pawitp - for patches
    @haky 86 for some help :D
    @Ghsr for updated device tree and kernel tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand duos, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082

Contributors
    osas514
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.2.2
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-03-28

Created 2016-01-16
    Last Updated 2018-03-29
    Changelog
    20160116: Initial alpha release
    2016-04-20: Fixed 2g and 3g switching
    Fixed portable storage
    Fixed video recording
    Fixed 1080p video playback in mx player
    Selinux is in enforcing mode
    Fixed root explorer force close
    Fixed root mode in cm file manager
    2016-05-09: A CLEAN INSTALL IS RECOMMENDED
    -Fixed youtube issue (stopping video playback after 5-7 seconds)
    - Enabled gesture typing and fixed LatinIME fc (thanks to @DodoGTA for providing working gesture typing library)
    - Upstream merge
    - Based on android-6.0.1_r43
    - Added setns patches
    2016-5-22(sorry forgot to update it on xda)
    Upstream merge https://gist.github.com/ghsr/1ac063de12e68ea95409/revisions
    Added ota update [emoji14] yay subsequent updates will be via ota(you must be on this build to get ota update) or a direct link will be shared
    Fixed YouTube playback (hopefully) can anybody confirm?
    A clean flash is recommended
    2016-06-03: Added gello browser
    Upstream merge
    2016-06-19: Based on android-6.0.1_r46
    Enabled doze mode
    Removed Ota update app(needs more work)
    Other cyanogenmod changes https://github.com/Osas514/changelog/blob/android-6.0/cyanogenmod/changelog.txt
    2016-07-03
    Fixed theme force close
    Upstream merge
    Re-add ota update
    Full changelog
    2016-07-17
    Updated CM Sources
    Based on android-6.0.1_r52
    2016-08-07
    Based on android-6.0.1_r61
    2016-08-15
    Upstream merge
    2016-09-12
    Based on Android 6.0.1_r66
    September security patches merged in
    Updated CM sources
    2016-10-12
    Based on Android 6.0.1_r72
    October security patches merged in
    Updated CM sources
    Fixed graphics glitches caused by AAPT product config
    2016-10-22
    Removed Gello browser.. You can easily download it from Here if you want
    Upstream merge
    2016-11-17
    Based on Android 6.0.1_r74
    November security patches merged in
    Updated CM sources
    Some fixes from @GHsR included
    2016-12-22
    December security patches merged in
    Updated CM sources
    For more changes, track their github activities.
    2017-01-01
    Rebrand to LineageOS
    Added custom doze service thanks to @GHsR
    Updated CM sources
    For more changes, track their github activities.
    2017-01-20
    Upstream merge
    2017-02-06
    Upstream merge
    Based on android-6.0.1_r78
    January security patches merged in
    2017-05-30
    Based on android-6.0.1_r79
    May security patches merged in
    2017-07-20
    Upstream merge
    July security patches merged in
    2018-03-28
    February security patches merged in
    FAQ

1)How to set home button as recent key?
    Ans:Goto settings-buttons long press action and select "recents app switcher"

2)How to enable root access
    Ans:Goto settings-about device and tap on build number 7 times to enable developer option.. Goto developer option Root access and select apps and adb then flash Superuser zip file

3) i cant receive or end calls in full screen but i can in heads up

Ans:Goto settings - apps click on the 3 dot icon and select show system, look for telephone- permission and disable or enable telephone permission to fix it
    Good news

Nougat rom(Aosp dreams N) has been successfully compiled by me but do not get too excited yet we do not know if it is going to boot so once the upload is done the link will be sent to the testers who volunteered earlier.. Noobs please stay away
    We have a lift off guys... Hello CM-14