[ROM] [6.0.1_r81] [UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 13.0 for Galaxy Grand[2018/03/28]

Is the rom stable enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Shakti Panda

Apr 30, 2018
You can use the odin to flash TWRP 3.1.1 on your Grand Duos, so you can flash Lineage 13 (remember to untick the "auto reboot" option), when it appears the "Pass", you hold Power, Up volume and home to go to the TWRP, and just follow the same instructions (wipe everything except Micro SD, flash system, flash gapps and boot up) but i recommend CM 13.0 https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767124300 because every time i try to flash Lineage 13, i get stuck at bootloop

Hey mate,
Thanks a ton for your quick reply and helpful advise.
If I could get some more info that would be great!
I want to know what odin is. Is it an android debugging bridge like ADB and fastboot? If yes, then why can't I flash TWRP .img file directly on the Galaxy Grand Duos using the ADB command window after connecting the device in fastboot mode to my PC?
Correct me if I'm wrong. I have myself flashed LOS 14.1 on my Xiaomi device and that went very smooth. So I'm a bit confused over why the TWRP installation methods are different for these two devices. Just because mine is a newer device? God knows.
You were advising me to flash the last build of the year 2016 by osas cuz you faced boot loop with the newer build.
Can you tell me on what build you faced the bootloop?
Was it the latest 2018 build or the build prior to the latest 2018 build i.e. the 2017/07/20 build.
Cuz people here are advising not to flash the 2018 build cuz it has got bootloop issue. They say that you can safely flash the 2017/07/20 build which doesn't have the bootloop issue.
So what build caused bootloop in your device?
I thank you again sincerely.
I'm gonna flash it today after I get your reply.:):):)

P.S. On the official TWRP website i.e. twrp.me I came across a term called .tar file which has to be flashed via odin in order to get TWRP installed. I've attached a screenshot from their website. But why isn't there a .img file? I flashed a .img file on my Xiaomi device via ADB by writing fastboot flash recovery twrp.img in the command window of the ADB folder after connecting my device in fastboot mode to the PC and I got TWRP installed.

Sorry if you think I write too much.:p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180815-102301.png
    Screenshot_20180815-102301.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

XDrive10

Apr 11, 2018
Hey mate,
Thanks a ton for your quick reply and helpful advise.
If I could get some more info that would be great!
I want to know what odin is. Is it an android debugging bridge like ADB and fastboot? If yes, then why can't I flash TWRP .img file directly on the Galaxy Grand Duos using the ADB command window after connecting the device in fastboot mode to my PC?
Correct me if I'm wrong. I have myself flashed LOS 14.1 on my Xiaomi device and that went very smooth. So I'm a bit confused over why the TWRP installation methods are different for these two devices. Just because mine is a newer device? God knows.
You were advising me to flash the last build of the year 2016 by osas cuz you faced boot loop with the newer build.
Can you tell me on what build you faced the bootloop?
Was it the latest 2018 build or the build prior to the latest 2018 build i.e. the 2017/07/20 build.
Cuz people here are advising not to flash the 2018 build cuz it has got bootloop issue. They say that you can safely flash the 2017/07/20 build which doesn't have the bootloop issue.
So what build caused bootloop in your device?
I thank you again sincerely.
I'm gonna flash it today after I get your reply.:):):)

P.S. On the official TWRP website i.e. twrp.me I came across a term called .tar file which has to be flashed via odin in order to get TWRP installed. I've attached a screenshot from their website. But why isn't there a .img file? I flashed a .img file on my Xiaomi device via ADB by writing fastboot flash recovery twrp.img in the command window of the ADB folder after connecting my device in fastboot mode to the PC and I got TWRP installed.

Sorry if you think I write too much.:p
The Odin is a software for flashing .tar/.md5 files in samsung devices through download mode (Power, Volume Down and Home buttons), and you can't use ADB and fastboot commands in download mode(at least i can't find my device with my Win10 with drivers), so you can't flash through ADB because it needs put a device (like your Xiaomi) on fastboot mode, and the Samsung devices doesn't have fastboot mode, so you need to use the odin with download mode
And about the lineage os i tried first the 2018 build, and after some of 2017 builds, including the 2017/07/20, but everytime i try, i get the bootloop, so i tried the 2016 build and i can boot without problem (and i actually use this build on my device)
I almost forgot to say, the ADB can flash/boot only .img files and the odin flash .tar/.md5 files, so that's the reason you came across the .tar term, because the Samsung devices (not only the Grand Duos) needs the odin and the tar file :p

Reactions: Shakti Panda

Shakti Panda

Apr 30, 2018
The Odin is a software for flashing .tar/.md5 files in samsung devices through download mode (Power, Volume Down and Home buttons), and you can't use ADB and fastboot commands in download mode(at least i can't find my device with my Win10 with drivers), so you can't flash through ADB because it needs put a device (like your Xiaomi) on fastboot mode, and the Samsung devices doesn't have fastboot mode, so you need to use the odin with download mode
And about the lineage os i tried first the 2018 build, and after some of 2017 builds, including the 2017/07/20, but everytime i try, i get the bootloop, so i tried the 2016 build and i can boot without problem (and i actually use this build on my device)
I almost forgot to say, the ADB can flash/boot only .img files and the odin flash .tar/.md5 files, so that's the reason you came across the .tar term, because the Samsung devices (not only the Grand Duos) needs the odin and the tar file :p
Hey @XDrive10,
Thanks again man!
Today evening I did all those stuff.
I flashed this TWRP https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/xdaf...duos/development/recovery-i9082-t3622927/amp/ via Odin3. Then I flashed the December 2017 build of Lineage OS 13.1 and Open GApps nano package. Then I clicked reboot to system. I was redirected to the basic set-up of Lineage OS (which you have to do in every new ROM). Then the phone opened up quite well will no issues, perfectly smooth, etc. Then I roamed around every corner of the ROM to check whether it worked well.
Then for some strange reason the phone froze. I had no option but to remove the battery and reinsert it. But to my astonishment, I saw a loop at the Lineage OS boot animation. The blue dots went and went and went until I removed the battery again out of anger.
Was the bootloop you faced similar to this? That is, everything went well till the phone's set-up, no bootloop while entering the ROM for the first time but all of a sudden a bootloop when I try to reboot after setting up the ROM.
Or, was it different? That is, you faced bootloop just after flashing the ROM and you couldn't do basic set-up.
Answer this last question of mine bro.
You literally made my day man.
God bless you man!

Thanks a bunch! :laugh:

Last edited:

XDrive10

Apr 11, 2018
Hey @XDrive10,
Thanks again man!
Today evening I did all those stuff.
I flashed this TWRP https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/xdaf...duos/development/recovery-i9082-t3622927/amp/ via Odin3. Then I flashed the December 2017 build of Lineage OS 13.1 and Open GApps nano package. Then I clicked reboot to system. I was redirected to the basic set-up of Lineage OS (which you have to do in every new ROM). Then the phone opened up quite well will no issues, perfectly smooth, etc. Then I roamed around every corner of the ROM to check whether it worked well.
Then for some strange reason the phone froze. I had no option but to remove the battery and reinsert it. But to my astonishment, I saw a loop at the Lineage OS boot animation. The blue dots went and went and went until I removed the battery again out of anger.
Was the bootloop you faced similar to this? That is, everything went well till the phone's set-up, no bootloop while entering the ROM for the first time but all of a sudden a bootloop when I try to reboot after setting up the ROM.
Or, was it different? That is, you faced bootloop just after flashing the ROM and you couldn't do basic set-up.
Answer this last question of mine bro.
You literally made my day man.
God bless you man!

Thanks a bunch! :laugh:
Yes, i faced the same bootloop using December 2017 build, but using the July 2017 and 2018 build i can't reach the basic set-up, so i tried the CM 13 (December 2016 build) with pico package, because i don't use Face Unlock and it's recommended for Grand Duos and it worked for me, so try flashing Lineage 13 using Open GApps pico package and wiping cache and dalvik, if you get the same bootloop use the CM 13, i use and i don't see any problem like bootloop ;)

Shakti Panda

Apr 30, 2018
For those who faced bootloop even with the July 2017 LOS 13.1.

Just a quick update.

I faced bootloop with the July 2017 LOS 13.1 due to a music player app called "Musicana" which I installed from play store after the basic setup. (I am sure it's due to "Musicana" cuz just after I installed the app, the phone froze and I had to remove and reinsert the battery and eventually faced a bootloop while turning on.)
So, I did a clean flash of the July 2017 build Lineage OS 13.1 (not CM 13 which is of 2016) in order to get rid of that app. Then everything went nice, no bootloop, no nasty bugs, etc.
I don't know why some are facing the bootloop with the July 2017 LOS but I can explain my TWRP installation method which was a bit different. Maybe if you follow my method you won't face bootloop.

So, you must be knowing that official TWRP is no longer developed for our device and the older official TWRP versions are not capable of flashing many custom ROMs and show errors like can't mount storage, etc. But thanks to the developers here who made modded TWRPs for our devices.
Now, all those who use TWRP on this device download it from this link https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/xdaf...duos/development/recovery-i9082-t3622927/amp/ (TWRP 3.1.1.0 modded by GHsR).
But the problem is that, being a .zip file, it can't be flashed via Odin3. So a fellow user/ developer extracted the files and put them into a .rar file which could be flashed via Odin3 and posted it in the comments to the thread and many people were benefited by directly flashing that.
But I did something different.:D (not quite different though)
Here's my method of flashing TWRP.
I downloaded an older .tar TWRP file from the official website and flashed it via Odin3. Then I downloaded the .zip file (not .rar from the comments) of the modded TWRP by GHsR and extracted the disc image (.img) file only and put it in my SD card. Then I opened TWRP on my device l, switched to flash image from flash zip and flashed the .img file (modded TWRP by GHsR) in the recovery folder. On rebooting to recovery, my older but official TWRP was upgraded to the modded TWRP.
Now there were no errors like can't mount storage, cache, etc.
Then I flashed the July 2017 LOS 13.1 and GApps nano package via the new modded TWRP and it worked.
I completed the basic setup and I've been using the device without any bootloops, bugs, etc.
It is worth a try!

NOTE:- Don't try flashing any custom ROM via the old TWRP. Flash only after upgrading to the modded TWRP as per my instructions otherwise you may soft brick your device (cuz older TWRPs are not compatible with flashing newer custom ROMs).

Hope it helps those who faced bootloop even with the July 2017 LOS 13.1.:)
It's especially for you @XDrive10. :laugh: if you at all wanna try.

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_224030.jpg
    IMG_20180816_224030.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_20180816_224137.jpg
    IMG_20180816_224137.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_20180816_224047.jpg
    IMG_20180816_224047.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 462
  • Screenshot_20180817-125950.png
    Screenshot_20180817-125950.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 409
Reactions: XDrive10

Shakti Panda

Apr 30, 2018
A little help!

Hey all,
I just rooted the grand duos running this ROM. I used Titanium Backup to delete some system app which I don't need. But I deleted the calendar storage app by mistake :p. Can anyone please extract the apk of that system app and link it up here? Cuz I'm not able to find the cyanogenmod/lineage os calendar storage apk on googling.
Plz help me!!! :)

How to extract apk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYvQBqp8mUE

555-0134

Aug 1, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hey all,
I just rooted the grand duos running this ROM. I used Titanium Backup to delete some system app which I don't need. But I deleted the calendar storage app by mistake :p. Can anyone please extract the apk of that system app and link it up here? Cuz I'm not able to find the cyanogenmod/lineage os calendar storage apk on googling.
Plz help me!!! :)

How to extract apk:
Here it is:

Shakti Panda

Apr 30, 2018
Thanks man! I'll let you if it worked via an edit.

Edit: It worked perfectly man! I could no way find the CyanogenMod/Lineages OS calendar storage app by surfing tye internet. I installed some other calendar storages for 6.0.1 like, the calendar storage by Samsung etc. which I found on the internet, but none of them worked. :(
Thanks a lot for this man! Google calendar works like a charm now! I was pissed off using the other calendar apps which would provide incorrect holidays.
Cheers to you man!

Last edited:

oab1981

Jul 12, 2008
Coro, Venezuela
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F6Sh3RB0.png%3F1

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..

Code:
#include 
/*
Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from https://github.com/Iguma1/cm13_device_samsung_i9082 and kernel tree https://github.com/ghsr/android_kernel_samsung_i9082/tree/cm-13.0-setns
Compatibilitiy Patches:https://github.com/ghsr/build_tools/tree/cm-13.0/patches

Downloads
ROM:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=47858
Gapps: http://opengapps.org

What works?
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
Camera
Video (playback & recording)
Audio (playback & recording)
GPS
Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to stock 4.2 before flashing

Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations (once they work):
Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
"Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled

Installation
Make a backup!
If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to stock 4.2 first.
Install ClockworkMod recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
Reboot into recovery
If you are using a recovery which mounts /system on boot, unmount it before installing
Wipe data if coming from stock or other ROMs (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
Install the ROM
Optionally install the Google Apps Addon (In Marshmallow, you MUST flash gapps before booting into the system for the first time or else the proper permissions will not be granted resulting in Setup Wizard crash. If you experience the crash, you will need to do a factory reset.)

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again. (However, if you are experiencing strange issues, you may want to try a wipe.)

Credits
LineageOS team
@pawitp - for patches
@haky 86 for some help :D
@Ghsr for updated device tree and kernel tree

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand duos, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082

Contributors
osas514
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: 4.2.2
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2018-03-28

Created 2016-01-16
Last Updated 2018-03-29

Can I flash this rom if already flashed Lineage Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 (7.1.2) without any problem?? the downgrade is it because I have an issue with the internal memory access

armorgeddon

Nov 23, 2008
Downgrading is no problem, just follow the usual flashing procedures. There's also the backup function in case you need to go back.

Raju192

Jan 18, 2020
Hello there is a problem in ROM I am facing bootloop after following all the instructions carefully the phone doesn't boot up even after half an hour I flaashed it 2 3 times always stuck in bootloop plss help me iam flashing in 2019 before I flashed it in end of 2018

Reactions: Alex-5555

Tarek_2021

Feb 28, 2020
Hi, when i install the latest zip 20180328 i get stuck on linage os logo:

tried clean install, wiped data/cache/davlik
also tried dirty flash, no use

im currently using Gt-i9082, philz touch recovery and LOS 20160116 from this same developer, help!

XDrive10

Apr 11, 2018
Hi, when i install the latest zip 20180328 i get stuck on linage os logo:

tried clean install, wiped data/cache/davlik
also tried dirty flash, no use

im currently using Gt-i9082, philz touch recovery and LOS 20160116 from this same developer, help!
March 2018 is giving bootloop, better go to July 2017 (20170728) one
And i suggest you to switch to twrp recovery 3.1.1

Reactions: Tarek_2021

gfreedy

Nov 17, 2021
So I installed the latest edition using TWRP 3.0.1 but, it failed I don't have a SD card neither do I have a good USB connection is there any way to recover the stock rom?
(it's just a old phone)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F6Sh3RB0.png%3F1

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from https://github.com/Iguma1/cm13_device_samsung_i9082 and kernel tree https://github.com/ghsr/android_kernel_samsung_i9082/tree/cm-13.0-setns
    Compatibilitiy Patches:https://github.com/ghsr/build_tools/tree/cm-13.0/patches

Downloads
    ROM:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=47858
    Gapps: http://opengapps.org

What works?
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    Camera
    Video (playback & recording)
    Audio (playback & recording)
    GPS
    Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
    Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
    Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to stock 4.2 before flashing

Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations (once they work):
    Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
    "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled

Installation
    Make a backup!
    If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to stock 4.2 first.
    Install ClockworkMod recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
    Reboot into recovery
    If you are using a recovery which mounts /system on boot, unmount it before installing
    Wipe data if coming from stock or other ROMs (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    Install the ROM
    Optionally install the Google Apps Addon (In Marshmallow, you MUST flash gapps before booting into the system for the first time or else the proper permissions will not be granted resulting in Setup Wizard crash. If you experience the crash, you will need to do a factory reset.)

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again. (However, if you are experiencing strange issues, you may want to try a wipe.)

Credits
    LineageOS team
    @pawitp - for patches
    @haky 86 for some help :D
    @Ghsr for updated device tree and kernel tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand duos, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082

Contributors
    osas514
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.2.2
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-03-28

Created 2016-01-16
    Last Updated 2018-03-29
    Changelog
    20160116: Initial alpha release
    2016-04-20: Fixed 2g and 3g switching
    Fixed portable storage
    Fixed video recording
    Fixed 1080p video playback in mx player
    Selinux is in enforcing mode
    Fixed root explorer force close
    Fixed root mode in cm file manager
    2016-05-09: A CLEAN INSTALL IS RECOMMENDED
    -Fixed youtube issue (stopping video playback after 5-7 seconds)
    - Enabled gesture typing and fixed LatinIME fc (thanks to @DodoGTA for providing working gesture typing library)
    - Upstream merge
    - Based on android-6.0.1_r43
    - Added setns patches
    2016-5-22(sorry forgot to update it on xda)
    Upstream merge https://gist.github.com/ghsr/1ac063de12e68ea95409/revisions
    Added ota update [emoji14] yay subsequent updates will be via ota(you must be on this build to get ota update) or a direct link will be shared
    Fixed YouTube playback (hopefully) can anybody confirm?
    A clean flash is recommended
    2016-06-03: Added gello browser
    Upstream merge
    2016-06-19: Based on android-6.0.1_r46
    Enabled doze mode
    Removed Ota update app(needs more work)
    Other cyanogenmod changes https://github.com/Osas514/changelog/blob/android-6.0/cyanogenmod/changelog.txt
    2016-07-03
    Fixed theme force close
    Upstream merge
    Re-add ota update
    Full changelog
    2016-07-17
    Updated CM Sources
    Based on android-6.0.1_r52
    2016-08-07
    Based on android-6.0.1_r61
    2016-08-15
    Upstream merge
    2016-09-12
    Based on Android 6.0.1_r66
    September security patches merged in
    Updated CM sources
    2016-10-12
    Based on Android 6.0.1_r72
    October security patches merged in
    Updated CM sources
    Fixed graphics glitches caused by AAPT product config
    2016-10-22
    Removed Gello browser.. You can easily download it from Here if you want
    Upstream merge
    2016-11-17
    Based on Android 6.0.1_r74
    November security patches merged in
    Updated CM sources
    Some fixes from @GHsR included
    2016-12-22
    December security patches merged in
    Updated CM sources
    For more changes, track their github activities.
    2017-01-01
    Rebrand to LineageOS
    Added custom doze service thanks to @GHsR
    Updated CM sources
    For more changes, track their github activities.
    2017-01-20
    Upstream merge
    2017-02-06
    Upstream merge
    Based on android-6.0.1_r78
    January security patches merged in
    2017-05-30
    Based on android-6.0.1_r79
    May security patches merged in
    2017-07-20
    Upstream merge
    July security patches merged in
    2018-03-28
    February security patches merged in
    FAQ

1)How to set home button as recent key?
    Ans:Goto settings-buttons long press action and select "recents app switcher"

2)How to enable root access
    Ans:Goto settings-about device and tap on build number 7 times to enable developer option.. Goto developer option Root access and select apps and adb then flash Superuser zip file

3) i cant receive or end calls in full screen but i can in heads up

Ans:Goto settings - apps click on the 3 dot icon and select show system, look for telephone- permission and disable or enable telephone permission to fix it
    Good news

Nougat rom(Aosp dreams N) has been successfully compiled by me but do not get too excited yet we do not know if it is going to boot so once the upload is done the link will be sent to the testers who volunteered earlier.. Noobs please stay away
    We have a lift off guys... Hello CM-14