• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [6.0.1r62][AOSP][CyanideAndroid] [08/19/2016]

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
XiRqqB.png

WELCOME TO Cyanide Android

ROM INFORMATION
Basic intro for now, based on AOSP this ROM will be stuffed full of features while being stable and battery friendly. If you like options then you'll have a tough time finding more I would GUESS, I don't run other ROMs so I can't say for sure

Downloads are here:-----> Cyanide

Shift Kernel

ROM INSTALLATION

IF COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
2) WIPE SYSTEM
3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF Cyanide

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System
2) Flash ROM and Gapps
3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Thank you and enjoy!!

Google+-Community: Google+

Donate to @rogersb11

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanideAndroid, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
rogersb11
Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanideL

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v-20.0
Stable Release Date: 2015-01-18

Created 2014-12-19
Last Updated 2016-08-19

Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Reserved

vngvsy.jpg

WELCOME TO CYANIDE L

ROM INFORMATION

Based on CM but with some key changes, and packed full of features from the wonderful custom ROM teams we have all come to know and love. This ROM is just getting started and I will update frequently as things progress along into the beast we know this will be.

You will also need to install my Shift Lollipop kernel for baseband. I will NOT be diagnosing problems if you are using a different kernel so don't ask

CyanideL

Developer Edition

Gapps

Shift Kernel

If you use Cyanide Blackout this is a small theme to supplement it and fix some black text on black background issues. It also themes some other apps but main purpose is so be used with Blackout option. This is purely an Add-on theme made for Cyanide Blackout in the ROM Blackout Add-on Theme

ROM INSTALLATION

2) WIPE SYSTEM
5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF CYANIDE

2) Flash ROM and Gapps
3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Kernel thread is located here so you can check included features, source etc...http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2/development-n7105/kernel-08-15-14-t2849082

GOOGLE PLUS COMMUNITY - This is where you will find the latest changelogs and other info and discussion about Cyanide L ROM. Device specific changes I will always list right here in the thread. But general changelogs will always be posted in our G+ community.

Screenshots will be located in the 2nd post when I have some time to add them. Enjoy Lollipop guys, it has some real potential!!!

Thank you and enjoy!!

If you like our work, then maybe you would like giving a small donation or buy us a beer. You know you want to lol :victory:

Donate to @rogersb11

FEATURES LIST

Code:
*AdBlocker
*App Circle Bar
*App Side Bar
*Breathing Notifications
*Custom LCD Density
*Custom Lockscreen Circle Shortcuts (up to ten)
*Custom Lockscreen Slider Shortcuts
*Separate custom color options for both shortcut styles
*Expanded Desktop
*Heads Up Customizations and Timeout
*Gesture Anywhere
*Gesture Lockscreen
*KeyPad Shuffler on Lockscreen Security
*Privacy Guard
*Lockscreen Notifcation PER APP Controls for Normal OR Secure Lockscreen
*Priority Notifications
*Battery Saver Custom Color
*MultiUser Support
*WhisperPush Support
*Long Press Back to Kill with Timeout Options
*SuperSU Included and Built Into Settings to Replace Standard SuperUser
*Advanced Reboot and Unknown Sources Install by Default
*Heads Up Notifications
*Notification Light and Color Control (Device Dependant)
*Cyanide L Pitch Black Theme ( was hard coded but we have reverted to stock white and made it a theme engine theme, download above)
*Custom Toast, System,  ListView Animations and Scrolling Modifiers
*Custom Power Menu Options
*Custom Quick Settings Tiles WITH Custom Colors, currently I have 50 Tiles
*Quick Settings Custom Options including Vibrate, Force Expanded Notifications and many others
*Recents Apps Clear All Locations, Search Bar Enable/Disable and Option to use OmniSwitch if you prefer
*Shift Tools (Kernel/Performance Control App Built by ME(Rogersb11)
*System App Remover
*Wakelock Blocker
*Hardware Keys Disable Option
*Status Bar Battery Mods Including Styles (Battery Bar Included), Custom Colors for Icon and Text and Charging Animation Control
*Status Bar Clock and Date Options Including Custom Color, Font Style, Clock Location(Left, Right and Center)
*Custom WiFi and Network Icons Colors
*Network Speed Indicator with On/Off switch, Custom Colors and AutoHide Option
*Status Bar Header Icon and Text Custom Colors 
*Smart Control (Direct Call in MMS or Dialer like TouchWiz)
*FULL Ambient Display Implementation as Active Display from KK (Thanks Squadzone and OmniRom)
*Nova Launcher
*Cyanide Central with Downloads, Source Links, Google Plus and Source Links as well. Each device has it's own tab
*Status Bar Weather Control with Custom Color and Location Support
*Custom Statusbar Icon Colors
*Custom Notification Headers and Icons Colors
*Status Bar Ticker and custom color
*Status Bar Notification Count and custom color
*Status Bar Logo
*Status Bar Logo Color
*Status Bar Custom Greeting
*Full Weather Control Panel
*Lock Screen Weather with Custom Icons and Text Colors
*Navbar for ALL devices with custom actions, shortcuts and numerous custom layouts as well
*CyanogenMod Theme Engine
*AudioFX
*SlimPIE 
*PA Pie EXTENDED Cyanide Version
*Custom Carrier Label with custom color in Statusbar
*Long Click Support in Statusbar Header
*Cyanide Shortcuts and Actions
*Status bar button options for cyanide shortcut, heads up, task manager and power menu button
*Status bar temperature status with color and position options
* Option to hide numerous annoying icons in the status bar, many are extras
*Custom power menu, up to 20 actions
*Custom power menu text and icon color
*On The Go Mode
*Option to show Cyanide logo instead of empty recents text
*4 tiles per row option, along with tons of extra quick settings options
*Custom notification colors for ALL notifications
*Custom recents clear all icon colors
*Slim Recents with extra color mods
*Custom hardware key rebinding, 20 actions with single and double tap option as well as long press
*Lockscreen Wallpaper option
*Floating Windows/Multi-Window( This is triggered with slim recents, stock recents if development shortcut is on in developer options, appsidebar, app circle bar, slim actions, notifications(long press for a float mode button), and gesture anywhere.
*Scrolling animation cache control
*Torch on screen off options
*Smart Lid options
*TRDS(Cyanide Blackout)
*Slider Tabs Mods menu layout
*HW Key disabler
*Identicons
*Double tap lockscreen to sleep
*long press lock icon to sleep
*Custom Notification Lights options, for screen on as well
*Quick Pulldown
*Smart Pulldown
*Recents RAM bar
*OmniSwitch
*Option to autohide lockscreen weather depending on the amount of notifications
*I Know That Is A LOT LOL but still SO SO MUCH MORE and MORE TO COME!!!!!

Last edited:

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Oh yeah !!...
Mine....
Let the good times begin !!

Thanks Brother !!....g

Edit:
Only a handful of users will have this problem. ..but if you are unable to boot up after flashing the rom, kernel, and gapps packages. ..do the following. .

Download official CM nightly build from 12-16-2014.... (CM11)
Flash it prior to this rom...then flash this build, kernel and gapps... (profit)

Something in these few devices requires a file structure setup beforehand. ..but only a few.

The above method should get you up and enjoying this sweet lollipop build. ..g

Last edited:

mashuto

Jun 21, 2013
You guys seriously rock bringing us all these good new 5.0 roms!

Going to give this one a try this evening! And I may also flash your philz recovery as well, been using twrp forever and maybe its time for a change.

Question, do you recommend flashing the kernel at the same time as the rom? Had some weird issues doing that in the past, and often let things boot up once or twice before flashing a kernel.

Reactions: Senyaka

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Out-fricking-standing.... Thanks dude

If this rocks like the Shift kernel, I'm going to have to retire and go to theming.

It does. Link for L shift is in OP. Flash for baseband. I'll have a fresh synced build with a few more updates out in a bit. Flash kernel for baseband fix. Running like a boss here for a few days. Use pegasusq if on demand is acting up

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
You guys seriously rock bringing us all these good new 5.0 roms!

Going to give this one a try this evening! And I may also flash your philz recovery as well, been using twrp forever and maybe its time for a change.

Question, do you recommend flashing the kernel at the same time as the rom? Had some weird issues doing that in the past, and often let things boot up once or twice before flashing a kernel.

I flash the kernel right after the rom. It's needed for baseband. Itll boot without it tho
if you wanted to test boot first tho but you'll need to run the kernel regardless

I have a Verizon note 2 and wanted to know if this rom would work on my device? Thanks

I'm not sure. I THINK it would work fine but I'm not positive. Make a full backup and efs too just to be safe but should be fine

barryopt

Oct 10, 2010
GPS Question

Love the ROM, truly appreciate the work on this. Using T-889. Only issue I have is GPS not working on this or any other Lollipop version.
Once GPS works will be DD. Can't wait!

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
It does. Link for L shift is in OP. Flash for baseband. I'll have a fresh synced build with a few more updates out in a bit. Flash kernel for baseband fix. Running like a boss here for a few days. Use pegasusq if on demand is acting up

Holy crap man. Totally magnificient....

Guess I'm done with Touchwiz.

- Evernote works great with handwriting. It imported old Snotes.

- Installed the Beta SuperSU 2.41, TiBU's working good.

Here's updated Minimal Gapps in Android Dev
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-minimal-edition-t2943330

Nice Themed Swift Keyboard here. Themes included... Work great
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/themed-swiftkey-keyboard-v4-t2780250

Gmail app accepts POP3 account so all email going in there.

This thing is tight dude.

Time to see if APKtool v2.0.0 RC3 decompiles to start theming. The white is killing me.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Love the ROM, truly appreciate the work on this. Using T-889. Only issue I have is GPS not working on this or any other Lollipop version.
Once GPS works will be DD. Can't wait!

Have you opened up Google Maps? My location locks on. I have Home identified in maps (as my house) and the location blue dot goes right there.

Satellite data may not be received (for viewing in GPS status tool apps) but GPS seems to be working on mine.

Last edited:

barryopt

Oct 10, 2010
re:GPS

Have you opened up Google Maps? My location locks on. I have Home identified in maps (as my house) and the location blue dot goes right there.

Satellite data may not be received (for viewing in GPS status tool apps) but GPS seems to be working on mine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see what you mean in maps, but waze only works with "high accuracy" turned on, I guess it's using wifi and cell signal.
I'm sure it will get sorted.
Thanks!

frank604

Feb 27, 2012
Nelson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XiRqqB.png

WELCOME TO Cyanide Android

ROM INFORMATION
    Basic intro for now, based on AOSP this ROM will be stuffed full of features while being stable and battery friendly. If you like options then you'll have a tough time finding more I would GUESS, I don't run other ROMs so I can't say for sure

Downloads are here:-----> Cyanide

Shift Kernel

ROM INSTALLATION

2) WIPE SYSTEM
    5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
    6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF Cyanide

2) Flash ROM and Gapps
    3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Thank you and enjoy!!

Google+-Community: Google+

Donate to @rogersb11

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanideAndroid, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    rogersb11
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanideL

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v-20.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-18

Created 2014-12-19
    Last Updated 2016-08-19
    New build is up and OP updated. New kernel with some reverts to Boeffla will be up at some point soon but is not required for this build, it is only to maybe fix the boeffla issue. Won't be trying too hard tho but willing to try a few quick things. Anyway ENJOY!!!! Easily the cleanest build. ALL REPORTED issues/bugs fixed. If it isn't fixed then I highly doubt it was properly reported. I busted my arse to make sure final L release was worthy of being ran for months and months if necessary. Thanks for coming along for the ride with me guys, it's been one hell of a journey since early December, can't believe where this ROM has gone and what's it's become. Feed the beast!!!! lol

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347815092
    OK new build. Several fixes, several tweaks by me to the settings reset to android/cyanide setup. New tile, really there is a lot so just check the log. And the clear and obvious addition of WORKING GPS so do NOT flash the fix. Also make sure you at least wipe system so no residual gps files are lingering. Enjoy guys

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952595681

Forgot to mention, they turned me green here?. Thanks to all
    Doing some final testing on next N2 build. I have the wifi nonsense working correctly with data, HOWEVER there IS a catch. To do this I had to go back to the old Ril, which in itself is not an issue, however when you first boot up it WILL take a minute OR two before you ever get service. Many many many test have proven the new Ril IS the issue with the dropping service but also improves the signal in other ways so it's a tough spot. Once service kicks in tho it is absolutely ROCK SOLID, just takes that extra time initially but not ONE drop in 2 days now and I am on wifi at home or work 90% of the time so it's gotten a lot of testing
    New build is up. Mainly theme engine fixes. Fixed ticker fc. Added long click support to navbar and circle bar tiles. New gesture anywhere and slimpie tiles. Short click toggles and long click to the settings. Also added a cyanide tile. Click to mods menu, long to cyanide central.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934541473