• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [6.0.1r62][AOSP][CyanideAndroid] [08/19/2016]

Search This thread

icherub

Jan 3, 2013
Ok, I'm new to this rom just downloaded and installed it per OP. Now I can't get thru setup because the keyboard crashes and can't ship setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using XDA-Developers mobile app

I had the same problems at first, when I used BaNkS dynamic GApps. I reinstalled with TBO GApps and the keyboard was fine and I could skip the setup.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the best GApps to use. (Or, is one built in?)

cidxtc

Mar 31, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Come on they make adapters. I had to get a new sim for my wife and it was a nano but she has micro slot so they provided an adapter.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Look dude, I pulled my n2 out of the drawer it was in for months just to build. Meaning I don't touch it at all anymore so any am I building it? I don't care if it's 15 cents for the adapter, I don't need and I'm not buying anything I don't need. Don't be so smug dude like I suck because you can't get me a log? Get real, I just assumed the thousands of hours I have in this over two years was plenty. I won't be bringing N here either and if it's like M where I did most of it myself with cm guy helping then nobody will just like they wouldn't have for M. My God at first this was silly over some cheap ass adapter but you all just want want want want, do not only nothing for it (not all of you) but think you choose and control in any aspect. Either you're all super entitled or the guys doing all the free work just aren't performing and working up to the quality and standards you pay for from an OEM ROM and need to stop sleeping or anything you could possibly desire so you don't have to press a f$#÷×n button

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Look dude, I pulled my n2 out of the drawer it was in for months just to build. Meaning I don't touch it at all anymore so any am I building it? I don't care if it's 15 cents for the adapter, I don't need and I'm not buying anything I don't need. Don't be so smug dude like I suck because you can't get me a log? Get real, I just assumed the thousands of hours I have in this over two years was plenty. I won't be bringing N here either and if it's like M where I did most of it myself with cm guy helping then nobody will just like they wouldn't have for M. My God at first this was silly over some cheap ass adapter but you all just want want want want, do not only nothing for it (not all of you) but think you choose and control in any aspect. Either you're all super entitled or the guys doing all the free work just aren't performing and working up to the quality and standards you pay for from an OEM ROM and need to stop sleeping or anything you could possibly desire so you don't have to press a f$#÷�n button

Sent from my t0lte using XDA Labs

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Bahahahaha I love this. Somehow the "black guy badass" compliment is always the best while not "really" being a compliment if you don't get it. Epic, this is like 100 thanks or something haha, you broke my XDA app [emoji106] [emoji41] [emoji41]

Last edited:

HymenBUSTA

Feb 5, 2011
Look dude, I pulled my n2 out of the drawer it was in for months just to build. Meaning I don't touch it at all anymore so any am I building it? I don't care if it's 15 cents for the adapter, I don't need and I'm not buying anything I don't need. Don't be so smug dude like I suck because you can't get me a log? Get real, I just assumed the thousands of hours I have in this over two years was plenty. I won't be bringing N here either and if it's like M where I did most of it myself with cm guy helping then nobody will just like they wouldn't have for M. My God at first this was silly over some cheap ass adapter but you all just want want want want, do not only nothing for it (not all of you) but think you choose and control in any aspect. Either you're all super entitled or the guys doing all the free work just aren't performing and working up to the quality and standards you pay for from an OEM ROM and need to stop sleeping or anything you could possibly desire so you don't have to press a f$#÷×n button

Lol I hope you know that wasn't me that wrote that comment. The way you wrote the reply made it seem like you thought it was the same person.

Anyways, I was able to fix the issue by making the phone the default app. I thank you for your efforts on this ROM and it's almost perfect disregarding the pretty bad battery life. Looking forward to future updates!!

Reactions: rogersb11

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Lol I hope you know that wasn't me that wrote that comment. The way you wrote the reply made it seem like you thought it was the same person.

Anyways, I was able to fix the issue by making the phone the default app. I thank you for your efforts on this ROM and it's almost perfect disregarding the pretty bad battery life. Looking forward to future updates!!
I know it wasn't you lol. Still, if you log it I'm sure I can fix it so that step isn't necessary

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Bahahahaha I love this. Somehow the "black guy badass" compliment is always the best while not "really" being a compliment if you don't get it. Epic, this is like 100 thanks or something haha, you broke my XDA app [emoji106] [emoji41] [emoji41]

Lmfao glad you enjoyed it. Was just gonna type it out but don't wanna get another infraction let alone get hit with the hammer like I did a few years ago (temp ban). You do desrve 100 thanks for all the hard work you put into this device. I can only imagine the time it takes to put out a solid stable rom as I don't know how to compile, want to learn but don't really have much time these days.

Blackfyre

Dec 28, 2009
rogersb11

I saw this thread light up just now and I'm glad you're back. This community has been dead for a while. I'm still running strong with my Note 2 and the 9000 mAh ZeroLemon battery. I actually broke the screen and went and paid to get it fixed. That's how much I am attached to this phone. So glad you're keeping us up to date again. I went back to Android 4.4.2 after you left us mate. I've been using the Eclipse ROM for the N7100 + the N7105 Patch. Works great actually. But definitely going to backup and give this a try.

baristaman

Dec 3, 2011
After running Cyanide for a few days, I liked it a lot except that I was getting abysmal battery life. The CPU was pegging at 1.6 MHz constantly while the phone wasn't being used. I was getting almost no deep sleep. Luckily, the same fixes that worked on VRToxin worked for me. I disabled ksm in Stweaks. I also disabled logging in Stweaks but I found that didn't really work. What finally did, though, was deleting logd in /system/bin. After doing that and rebooting, the phone now deep sleeps.

Reactions: dzee206

SammyP6

Feb 17, 2015
Hi. Just flashed this ROM. it boots up fine but only if its plugged in. If i unplug it it bootloops. anyone else have this issue or a fix?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XiRqqB.png

WELCOME TO Cyanide Android

ROM INFORMATION
    Basic intro for now, based on AOSP this ROM will be stuffed full of features while being stable and battery friendly. If you like options then you'll have a tough time finding more I would GUESS, I don't run other ROMs so I can't say for sure

Downloads are here:-----> Cyanide

Shift Kernel

ROM INSTALLATION

IF COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    2) WIPE SYSTEM
    3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
    5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
    6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF Cyanide

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System
    2) Flash ROM and Gapps
    3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Thank you and enjoy!!

Google+-Community: Google+

Donate to @rogersb11

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanideAndroid, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    rogersb11
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanideL

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v-20.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-18

Created 2014-12-19
    Last Updated 2016-08-19
    New build is up and OP updated. New kernel with some reverts to Boeffla will be up at some point soon but is not required for this build, it is only to maybe fix the boeffla issue. Won't be trying too hard tho but willing to try a few quick things. Anyway ENJOY!!!! Easily the cleanest build. ALL REPORTED issues/bugs fixed. If it isn't fixed then I highly doubt it was properly reported. I busted my arse to make sure final L release was worthy of being ran for months and months if necessary. Thanks for coming along for the ride with me guys, it's been one hell of a journey since early December, can't believe where this ROM has gone and what's it's become. Feed the beast!!!! lol

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347815092
    OK new build. Several fixes, several tweaks by me to the settings reset to android/cyanide setup. New tile, really there is a lot so just check the log. And the clear and obvious addition of WORKING GPS so do NOT flash the fix. Also make sure you at least wipe system so no residual gps files are lingering. Enjoy guys

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952595681

Forgot to mention, they turned me green here?. Thanks to all
    Doing some final testing on next N2 build. I have the wifi nonsense working correctly with data, HOWEVER there IS a catch. To do this I had to go back to the old Ril, which in itself is not an issue, however when you first boot up it WILL take a minute OR two before you ever get service. Many many many test have proven the new Ril IS the issue with the dropping service but also improves the signal in other ways so it's a tough spot. Once service kicks in tho it is absolutely ROCK SOLID, just takes that extra time initially but not ONE drop in 2 days now and I am on wifi at home or work 90% of the time so it's gotten a lot of testing
    New build is up. Mainly theme engine fixes. Fixed ticker fc. Added long click support to navbar and circle bar tiles. New gesture anywhere and slimpie tiles. Short click toggles and long click to the settings. Also added a cyanide tile. Click to mods menu, long to cyanide central.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934541473