• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [6.0.1r62][AOSP][CyanideAndroid] [08/19/2016]

Search This thread

SammyP6

Feb 17, 2015
That is normally a sign your battery is toasted. To test flash or restore a diffent rom.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA-Developers mobile app
I dont think its the battery as i can still boot into twrp without it being plugged in. I have some extra batteries so im going to try charging them up and see if it will work with them. Thanks for your sugestion

EDIT: with other battery it booted up fine. will have to play around with it when the battery is at more than 20%

Last edited:

cidxtc

Mar 31, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I dont think its the battery as i can still boot into twrp without it being plugged in. I have some extra batteries so im going to try charging them up and see if it will work with them. Thanks for your sugestion

EDIT: with other battery it booted up fine. will have to play around with it when the battery is at more than 20%
Recovery does not require the power that roms do which is why you can still use recovery without wall charger connected.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: SammyP6

Johnny1969

Nov 30, 2014
Is anyone experience sound issues? All of a sudden notification sounds crackled, music stop coming out of phone speaker and I was using google map navigation and that also lost sound.
Rom also draining battery more than usual as well and I only have a handful of apps installed; concur, united airline, hertz, etc. Just some standard business apps, no FB, LinkedIn or Twitter at all.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HymenBUSTA

Feb 5, 2011
Is anyone experience sound issues? All of a sudden notification sounds crackled, music stop coming out of phone speaker and I was using google map navigation and that also lost sound.
Rom also draining battery more than usual as well and I only have a handful of apps installed; concur, united airline, hertz, etc. Just some standard business apps, no FB, LinkedIn or Twitter at all.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have not experienced any sound issues as of yet. As for battery, I suffer from a similar experience. I use a zerolemon 9300 mAh battery and my battery drains really fast with this ROM. I'm hoping on a future update to fix the issue. I would suggest reinstalling the ROM because of the sound issue. Maybe it was a bad download!

baristaman

Dec 3, 2011
Rom also draining battery more than usual...

As for battery, I suffer from a similar experience. I use a zerolemon 9300 mAh battery and my battery drains really fast with this ROM. I'm hoping on a future update to fix the issue.
Did you guys try the battery fix I posted a couple of pages ago? It really worked for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67392017&postcount=2619

Reactions: HymenBUSTA

baristaman

Dec 3, 2011
ES file explorer will not let me delete logd. I also can not find KSM. or logging. What heading are they under?
You have to have a file manager with root access. Enable root access in ES file manager, the default setting is off. I used the Root Explorer app myself, I found in the past that ES sometimes failed with root operations for no good reason.

KSM and logging can be switched off in the Stweaks app supplied with the rom. I can't tell you where exactly, I'm at work and don't have my Note 2 with me. But try deleting logd first, I suspect that's the change that made the most difference.

Reactions: SammyP6

SammyP6

Feb 17, 2015
You have to have a file manager with root access. Enable root access in ES file manager, the default setting is off. I used the Root Explorer app myself, I found in the past that ES sometimes failed with root operations for no good reason.

KSM and logging can be switched off in the Stweaks app supplied with the rom. I can't tell you where exactly, I'm at work and don't have my Note 2 with me. But try deleting logd first, I suspect that's the change that made the most difference.
I had already enabled root aces but it did not work. I downloaded another root manager and deleted it. Ill have to see what battery is like tomorrow

HymenBUSTA

Feb 5, 2011
Anybody have the problem that when mms messages try to download, the data on your phone stops working? Like whenever I get an mms message, I get an exclamation point in my signal bars...my apn is set up correctly. I don't understand why this happens with marshmallow ROMs.

The Pinhead

Aug 9, 2008
Olympia
thecraig.us
Anybody have the problem that when mms messages try to download, the data on your phone stops working? Like whenever I get an mms message, I get an exclamation point in my signal bars...my apn is set up correctly. I don't understand why this happens with marshmallow ROMs.

Try deleting all the apn's that are not used. The only apn I have is ATT pta.

Good luck

ajmilne

Sep 2, 2015
Thanks much for the ROM. Much appreciated; did the battery fixes above and all was very nice. Incredible to have this kind of thing available for the 2.

Mentioning here, now, no idea if it makes any sense to bother: I've now a really weird issue: phone now claims to be locked again (as in: to carrier; it's requesting a network unlock code on start, whichever SIM I use, and, since I don't have one, doesn't connect through the SIM). No idea why. Phone was never locked while I used it, far as I remember. I _am_ in Italy right now; normally use this phone in Canada, but far as I've ever heard, region lock wasn't brought in until later Note models, so don't figure it should be that. Had bought one of those 'tourist SIM' things--a month and a few GB for like 10 Euros--and it worked okay on that about a week, then started doing this. And even putting the old one in (Virgin Canada; has some roaming/travel data on it, so should also work here) does the same thing. Hacking at it now, trying to work out what to do to it (can't just buy an unlock code; don't even know what it's locked to... if it really is anything). Just thought I'd mention it here in case anyone has _any_ idea, and it does have something to do with running Marshmallow on this now kinda old h/w?

(Current plan, since I'm travelling and kinda need a working phone is just to grab something cheap next time I'm near a place sells them (I'm not, right now). I'm fond of the old Note, but starting to figure I was just asking for trouble relying on it, here. Will hack at this a bit more until then, I guess, tho'.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XiRqqB.png

WELCOME TO Cyanide Android

ROM INFORMATION
    Basic intro for now, based on AOSP this ROM will be stuffed full of features while being stable and battery friendly. If you like options then you'll have a tough time finding more I would GUESS, I don't run other ROMs so I can't say for sure

Downloads are here:-----> Cyanide

Shift Kernel

ROM INSTALLATION

IF COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    2) WIPE SYSTEM
    3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
    5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
    6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF Cyanide

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System
    2) Flash ROM and Gapps
    3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Thank you and enjoy!!

Google+-Community: Google+

Donate to @rogersb11

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanideAndroid, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    rogersb11
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanideL

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v-20.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-18

Created 2014-12-19
    Last Updated 2016-08-19
    New build is up and OP updated. New kernel with some reverts to Boeffla will be up at some point soon but is not required for this build, it is only to maybe fix the boeffla issue. Won't be trying too hard tho but willing to try a few quick things. Anyway ENJOY!!!! Easily the cleanest build. ALL REPORTED issues/bugs fixed. If it isn't fixed then I highly doubt it was properly reported. I busted my arse to make sure final L release was worthy of being ran for months and months if necessary. Thanks for coming along for the ride with me guys, it's been one hell of a journey since early December, can't believe where this ROM has gone and what's it's become. Feed the beast!!!! lol

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347815092
    OK new build. Several fixes, several tweaks by me to the settings reset to android/cyanide setup. New tile, really there is a lot so just check the log. And the clear and obvious addition of WORKING GPS so do NOT flash the fix. Also make sure you at least wipe system so no residual gps files are lingering. Enjoy guys

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952595681

Forgot to mention, they turned me green here?. Thanks to all
    Doing some final testing on next N2 build. I have the wifi nonsense working correctly with data, HOWEVER there IS a catch. To do this I had to go back to the old Ril, which in itself is not an issue, however when you first boot up it WILL take a minute OR two before you ever get service. Many many many test have proven the new Ril IS the issue with the dropping service but also improves the signal in other ways so it's a tough spot. Once service kicks in tho it is absolutely ROCK SOLID, just takes that extra time initially but not ONE drop in 2 days now and I am on wifi at home or work 90% of the time so it's gotten a lot of testing
    New build is up. Mainly theme engine fixes. Fixed ticker fc. Added long click support to navbar and circle bar tiles. New gesture anywhere and slimpie tiles. Short click toggles and long click to the settings. Also added a cyanide tile. Click to mods menu, long to cyanide central.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934541473