• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [6.0.1r62][AOSP][CyanideAndroid] [08/19/2016]

Search This thread

cainG2x

Feb 16, 2012
vancouver WA
Personally I use TBO but most of my maintainers use open gapps so I recommend either of those

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Thanks for the advice, just found out I'm not getting calls in, calls out are working fine though, should i upgrade my baseband to nd7? I'm still on mj9 right now. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running on net10 service if that matters.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA-Developers mobile app

gcounts

Jul 24, 2009
Personally I use TBO but most of my maintainers use open gapps so I recommend either of those

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app
I don't use my note4 as my dd anymore but I try to keep it current just in case. Just found this rom and flashed it with the tbo gapps.......wow! With layers and Deity theme this is an amazing device again!!! Thank you so much for this rom. The customizations are incredible. The rom is smooth, snappy, and totally fluid. Really great work!

Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA-Developers mobile app

rickkane

Oct 21, 2010
Had to reboot the phone after it was doing some weird stuff this morning. Now I have no service at all, not just 4g, no cell service. Any thoughts? Love the ROM aside from that! lol.

Thanks in advance

Hitsuomy

Jul 12, 2016
help

First of all, Hi, I'm trying to flash this rom into a Galaxy Note II Verizon that was gifted to me yesterday, tried all night unsuccessfully with a friend helping me all the way, we were on this for about 6 hours and nothing, almost depressing.
So, I wanted to know if it possible to someone make a quick step by step tutorial or link one. We had a lot of problems and right now I'm just exhausted, so, help, PLS. My model is the Verizon I605, right now there's a Android 4.4.2 installed, I managed to root with the GhettoRoot and everything was fine, SuperSu is installed and working. Frow now on, what should I do?

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
First of all, Hi, I'm trying to flash this rom into a Galaxy Note II Verizon that was gifted to me yesterday, tried all night unsuccessfully with a friend helping me all the way, we were on this for about 6 hours and nothing, almost depressing.
So, I wanted to know if it possible to someone make a quick step by step tutorial or link one. We had a lot of problems and right now I'm just exhausted, so, help, PLS. My model is the Verizon I605, right now there's a Android 4.4.2 installed, I managed to root with the GhettoRoot and everything was fine, SuperSu is installed and working. Frow now on, what should I do?

If you haven't solved this, PM me and I will try to help. I'm not a dev and I'm not perfect but Have flashed a few hundred times. PMing me will keep the thread clean.

"Chance Favors the Prepared"

Kataclysm

Jul 27, 2016
Portable Hotspot doesn't work

So I'm not sure if this is noted or not.

I've upgraded my Galaxy Note II to The latest Build of Cyanide (Cyanide-v5.0-i605-Detoxified-20160711), and I've noticed that turning on the hotspot does not actually turn on the hot spot. Not a huge deal breaker, but kinda lost a useful feature.

krazzykiller

Jan 27, 2013
Woodstock alabama
All my SD cards are showing corrupted. I can't mount them or format them. There's nothing wrong with them. I have been on att ROMs for years but I flashed this one to get back on Vzw for the first time since like twenty twelve. And I've had all kinds of problems getting my Verizon branded note 2 back on Verizon lol. Anyway what's the deal with the portable storage? Even otg drives show corrupted and can't be mounted or formatted.

Has anyone else had this problem with thr sd card. Is it related to something with the trend away from expandable memory in these newer phones? I can't seem to figure this one out.

Kataclysm

Jul 27, 2016
All my SD cards are showing corrupted. I can't mount them or format them. There's nothing wrong with them. I have been on att ROMs for years but I flashed this one to get back on Vzw for the first time since like twenty twelve. And I've had all kinds of problems getting my Verizon branded note 2 back on Verizon lol. Anyway what's the deal with the portable storage? Even otg drives show corrupted and can't be mounted or formatted.

Has anyone else had this problem with thr sd card. Is it related to something with the trend away from expandable memory in these newer phones? I can't seem to figure this one out.

I'm using a 2 GB SD card on a Note 2 with this rom with no problem; what's the capacity of the card you are using? I'm not sure if the Galaxy II supports SDHC cards, and I don't have one on hand to check. It also might be perhaps the reader in your phone isn't working properly anymore. (Hardware issue?)

But I'm fairly sure this isn't a ROM related issue, as SD cards seem to be working just fine for me.

NWNJ

Jul 21, 2013
Allamuchy, NJ
Thanks for the advice, just found out I'm not getting calls in, calls out are working fine though, should i upgrade my baseband to nd7? I'm still on mj9 right now. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running on net10 service if that matters.

I can't make calls at all and can't access the network at all. Did you ever figure anything out?

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

I can't make calls at all and can't access the network at all. Did you ever figure anything out?

I am on ND7

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

I am on ND7

I can however make and receive texts, just no calls. It says, "can't connect to network".

I just found a possible solution. I had installed Cyanide Android and then I could not make or receive phone calls on Verizon. I used my other phone on the same rom to determine that it needed to be on VZWINTERNET under settings, cellular networks, then access point names. Who could imagine it would be that easy. I made that change, as it had been on Verizon Internet. After making the change you MUST reboot the phone before it will work. I rebooted after making the change and I can now make and receive calls. Amazing.

Last edited:

krazzykiller

Jan 27, 2013
Woodstock alabama
2 64gb a 32 and a counterfeit 64 that is actually 4 GB all show bad. Also tried an external 2tb HDD that showed the same. It's confirmed a ROM issue. Possibly a slight difference in my firmware since I never flashed the update. I also had this on the att cyanide l and vr toxin.

No expanded storage of any kind.l have a nas server. I can also access my sdcard in twrp. But I have no idea where to even start to fix this problem.

About the APN problem. This is the only rom that I haven't had that problem on. The thing about the APN settings is that I've never seen it effect anything except mobile data and MMS. I've never heard of a bad APN preventing phone calls. And I've had this phone on ever network except sprint.

Last edited:

HeadKase

Nov 7, 2006
Arizona
I gave this ROM a shot yesterday from a fresh install. The CyanideMods menu selection inside of system settings caused settings to crash and so did Weather. CyanideMods in the pull down shade worked. I set an alarm last night before bed and couldn't shut it off this morning. The sliders didn't move at all. I rebooted my phone and when it booted the alarm started going off again and I still couldn't stop it. I used TWRP 3.0.2 and the latest opengapps. Overall it ran sluggish. I don't think my note 2 likes Marshmallow. Maybe I got a diabetic note 2 haha

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
I gave this ROM a shot yesterday from a fresh install. The CyanideMods menu selection inside of system settings caused settings to crash and so did Weather. CyanideMods in the pull down shade worked. I set an alarm last night before bed and couldn't shut it off this morning. The sliders didn't move at all. I rebooted my phone and when it booted the alarm started going off again and I still couldn't stop it. I used TWRP 3.0.2 and the latest opengapps. Overall it ran sluggish. I don't think my note 2 likes Marshmallow. Maybe I got a diabetic note 2 haha

are others having these issues or does it appear to be phone specific?

thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XiRqqB.png

WELCOME TO Cyanide Android

ROM INFORMATION
    Basic intro for now, based on AOSP this ROM will be stuffed full of features while being stable and battery friendly. If you like options then you'll have a tough time finding more I would GUESS, I don't run other ROMs so I can't say for sure

Downloads are here:-----> Cyanide

ROM INSTALLATION

IF COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    2) WIPE SYSTEM
    3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
    5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
    6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF Cyanide

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System
    2) Flash ROM and Gapps
    3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Thank you and enjoy!!

Google+-Community: Google+

Donate to @rogersb11

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanideL, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    rogersb11
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanideL

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC-14.4
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-14

Created 2015-04-14
    Last Updated 2016-08-19
    Reserved

vngvsy.jpg

WELCOME TO CYANIDE L

ROM INFORMATION

Based on CM but keeps with some key major changes, and packed full of features from the wonderful custom ROM teams we have all come to know and love. This ROM is just getting started and I will update frequently as things progress along into the beast we know this will be.
    I also recommend installing my Shift Lollipop kernel, as I've heard you guys use it anyway I figure that
    s a pretty easy thing lol. I will NOT be diagnosing problems if you are using a different kernel so don't ask

CyanideL

Developer Edition

Shift Kernel

If you use Cyanide Blackout this is a small theme to supplement it and fix some black text on black background issues. It also themes some other apps but main purpose is so be used with Blackout option. This is purely an Add-on theme made for Cyanide Blackout in the ROM Blackout Add-on Theme

ROM INSTALLATION

IF COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    2) WIPE SYSTEM
    3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
    5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
    6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF CYANIDE

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System
    2) Flash ROM and Gapps
    3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Kernel thread is located here so you can check included features, source etc...http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2/development-n7105/kernel-08-15-14-t2849082

Screenshots will be located in the 2nd post when I have some time to add them. Enjoy Lollipop guys, it has some real potential!!!

Thank you and enjoy!!

If you like our work, then maybe you would like giving a small donation or buy us a beer. You know you want to lol :victory:

Donate to @rogersb11

FEATURES LIST

Code:
    *AdBlocker
    *App Circle Bar
    *App Side Bar
    *Breathing Notifications
    *Custom LCD Density
    *Custom Lockscreen Circle Shortcuts (up to ten)
    *Custom Lockscreen Slider Shortcuts
    *Separate custom color options for both shortcut styles
    *Expanded Desktop
    *Heads Up Customizations and Timeout
    *Gesture Anywhere
    *Gesture Lockscreen
    *KeyPad Shuffler on Lockscreen Security
    *Privacy Guard
    *Lockscreen Notifcation PER APP Controls for Normal OR Secure Lockscreen
    *Priority Notifications
    *Battery Saver Custom Color
    *MultiUser Support
    *WhisperPush Support
    *Long Press Back to Kill with Timeout Options
    *SuperSU Included and Built Into Settings to Replace Standard SuperUser
    *Advanced Reboot and Unknown Sources Install by Default
    *Heads Up Notifications
    *Notification Light and Color Control (Device Dependant)
    *Cyanide L Pitch Black Theme ( was hard coded but we have reverted to stock white and made it a theme engine theme, download above)
    *Custom Toast, System,  ListView Animations and Scrolling Modifiers
    *Custom Power Menu Options
    *Custom Quick Settings Tiles WITH Custom Colors, currently I have 50 Tiles
    *Quick Settings Custom Options including Vibrate, Force Expanded Notifications and many others
    *Recents Apps Clear All Locations, Search Bar Enable/Disable and Option to use OmniSwitch if you prefer
    *Shift Tools (Kernel/Performance Control App Built by ME(Rogersb11)
    *System App Remover
    *Wakelock Blocker
    *Hardware Keys Disable Option
    *Status Bar Battery Mods Including Styles (Battery Bar Included), Custom Colors for Icon and Text and Charging Animation Control
    *Status Bar Clock and Date Options Including Custom Color, Font Style, Clock Location(Left, Right and Center)
    *Custom WiFi and Network Icons Colors
    *Network Speed Indicator with On/Off switch, Custom Colors and AutoHide Option
    *Status Bar Header Icon and Text Custom Colors 
    *Smart Control (Direct Call in MMS or Dialer like TouchWiz)
    *FULL Ambient Display Implementation as Active Display from KK (Thanks Squadzone and OmniRom)
    *Nova Launcher
    *Cyanide Central with Downloads, Source Links, Google Plus and Source Links as well. Each device has it's own tab
    *Status Bar Weather Control with Custom Color and Location Support
    *Custom Statusbar Icon Colors
    *Custom Notification Headers and Icons Colors
    *Status Bar Ticker and custom color
    *Status Bar Notification Count and custom color
    *Status Bar Logo
    *Status Bar Logo Color
    *Status Bar Custom Greeting
    *Full Weather Control Panel
    *Lock Screen Weather with Custom Icons and Text Colors
    *Navbar for ALL devices with custom actions, shortcuts and numerous custom layouts as well
    *CyanogenMod Theme Engine
    *AudioFX
    *SlimPIE 
    *PA Pie EXTENDED Cyanide Version
    *Custom Carrier Label with custom color in Statusbar
    *Long Click Support in Statusbar Header
    *Cyanide Shortcuts and Actions
    *Status bar button options for cyanide shortcut, heads up, task manager and power menu button
    *Status bar temperature status with color and position options
    * Option to hide numerous annoying icons in the status bar, many are extras
    *Custom power menu, up to 20 actions
    *Custom power menu text and icon color
    *On The Go Mode
    *Option to show Cyanide logo instead of empty recents text
    *4 tiles per row option, along with tons of extra quick settings options
    *Custom notification colors for ALL notifications
    *Custom recents clear all icon colors
    *Slim Recents with extra color mods
    *Custom hardware key rebinding, 20 actions with single and double tap option as well as long press
    *Lockscreen Wallpaper option
    *Floating Windows/Multi-Window( This is triggered with slim recents, stock recents if development shortcut is on in developer options, appsidebar, app circle bar, slim actions, notifications(long press for a float mode button), and gesture anywhere.
    *Scrolling animation cache control
    *Torch on screen off options
    *Smart Lid options
    *TRDS(Cyanide Blackout)
    *Slider Tabs Mods menu layout
    *HW Key disabler
    *Identicons
    *Double tap lockscreen to sleep
    *long press lock icon to sleep
    *Custom Notification Lights options, for screen on as well
    *Quick Pulldown
    *Smart Pulldown
    *Recents RAM bar
    *OmniSwitch
    *Option to autohide lockscreen weather depending on the amount of notifications
    *I Know That Is A LOT LOL but still SO SO MUCH MORE and MORE TO COME!!!!!

Been working on it, device trees are still trash for M. I have fixed a bunch of stuff at cm but no baseband still and device reboots. I'm working on aosp source myself, just fixing stuff at cm so it's out there and cm will eventually be official for cm13.0 on note 2

Poisoned by CyanideL
    So I somehow completely left you guys out of the final build rotation, sorry. HOWEVER lucky for you actually that I did so because now you get my special edition build that is basically only for me and my device and it's packed with about 20 features/options that nobody else will have lol and they are all original by me for the most part so doubtful you will see them anywhere else either. Final build edition is up, DeveloperEdition is the correct zip, Enjoy guys and sorry about that!!! Also many changes by me and google from r13 to the now r18 so you may want to clean install

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347820278
    New build is up https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952597889

Be sure to pick up my new kernel as well