[ROM][6.0][D5803][D5833][Sony's Concept Marshmallow Edition][Beta][2157]

Search This thread

nForce

Jan 10, 2007
Google Pixel 7
sorry if question was already asked but is it possible to get the latest OTA update (3536) with unlocked bootloader? Would it maybe possible doing the following steps?
Code:
-backup current state (3027) with TWRP
-lock bootloader
-flash 3027.tft
-update OTA to 3536
-unlock bootloader and install TWRP
-backup only system files via TWRP (dunno how to do this, just an idea!?)
-restore 3027 TWRP backup
-flash 3536 system files via TWRP

dulexetina

Apr 17, 2010
sorry if question was already asked but is it possible to get the latest OTA update (3536) with unlocked bootloader? Would it maybe possible doing the following steps?
Code:
-backup current state (3027) with TWRP
-lock bootloader
-flash 3027.tft
-update OTA to 3536
-unlock bootloader and install TWRP
-restore 3027 TWRP backup
-flash 3536 system files via TWRP

Yes it is possible.I just update to 3536 with unlocked bootloader.

I have another problem-i just can't get root...install of TWRP goes good but I cant boot into recovery.Tried also to use boot.img from this ROM,so now I can boot into recovery, but it won't install super su :( I downloaded 2.60 from site directly.

nForce

Jan 10, 2007
Google Pixel 7
Yes it is possible.I just update to 3536 with unlocked bootloader.
The way I said or how? How to do
Code:
?

I have another problem-i just can't get root...install of TWRP goes good but I cant boot into recovery.Tried also to use boot.img from this ROM,so now I can boot into recovery, but it won't install super su :( I downloaded 2.60 from site directly.

You need 2.67. Try here!

Reactions: dulexetina

phoenixg36

Jul 29, 2008
OnePlus 9
Hi,
can somebody make a twrp backup from the new system after update and uploade the backupfile, please?
My Mobile don´t show the update :(

Or the OTA file?

nForce

Jan 10, 2007
Google Pixel 7
The way I said or how? How to do
Code:
?

Just flash 3027 ftf with locked or unlocked bootloader and update OTA. Make sure u have more than 50% battery left for OTA...
But I meant to update with unlocked bootloader without loosing all data! Can you give me a short exact procedure to follow?

Hey, guys!
What methods do you use to relock the bootloader?
I wonder if there is one where you don't need to reflash tft afterwards but I don't think there is one...

Hi,
can somebody make a twrp backup from the new system after update and uploade the backupfile, please?
My Mobile don´t show the update :(

Or the OTA file?
You know how to make this backup in TW?

dulexetina

Apr 17, 2010
But I meant to update with unlocked bootloader without loosing all data! Can you give me a short exact procedure to follow?

I unlocked bootloader while I was on slim 4.5 and file loosing was annoying thing,indeed...Theese are my steps:::
Backed up everything with TWRP and Titanium backup,downloaded ftf 3027 and flashed via Flashtool. My bootloader is still unlocked but I got OTA update anyway. The update promt warn me to charge my battery to 50% or more,and I did and it updated to 3536 :) After this I installed TWRP and flashed super su v2.67...

nForce

Jan 10, 2007
Google Pixel 7

I unlocked bootloader while I was on slim 4.5 and file loosing was annoying thing,indeed...Theese are my steps:::
Backed up everything with TWRP and Titanium backup,downloaded ftf 3027 and flashed via Flashtool. My bootloader is still unlocked but I got OTA update anyway. The update promt warn me to charge my battery to 50% or more,and I did and it updated to 3536 :) After this I installed TWRP and flashed super su v2.67...

And which backup do you restore? TWRP or Titanium?

phoenixg36

Jul 29, 2008
OnePlus 9
I make now a clean backup with TWRP 3.0.0.0 from 3536. It´s only boot + system with out root or other modifications.

Link

Download, unzip and copy to our phone. Boot into TWRP and restore. Please make a backup befor restore.
I can´t test it if it works. Let me now if it is Possible to upgrade from 3027 version.

Last edited:

shoguevara

Sep 9, 2010
Moscow
about.me
I make now a clean backup with TWRP 3.0.0.0 from 3536. It´s only boot + system with out root or other modifications.

Link

Download, unzip and copy to our phone. Boot into TWRP and restore. Please make a backup befor restore.
I can´t test it if it works. Let me now if it is Possible to upgrade from 3027 version.

Tried to flash.. erm, restore this system and got only sony logo and no system boot on turning the device on.
Had to flash boot.img from this image. Now I need to wait while app cache is built and install SuperSU and Xposed framework.
UPD: Installed supersu and xposed. Everything is OK so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: phoenixg36

johny.mnemonic

Dec 11, 2006
Praha
Tried to flash.. erm, restore this system and got only sony logo and no system boot on turning the device on.
Had to flash boot.img from this image. Now I need to wait while app cache is built and install SuperSU and Xposed framework.
UPD: Installed supersu and xposed. Everything is OK so far.
I restored also boot partition from that TWRP backup and it booted without any issue.
It's interesting, that it even worked for you with boot partition from 2178.

Reactions: shoguevara

shoguevara

Sep 9, 2010
Moscow
about.me
I restored also boot partition from that TWRP backup and it booted without any issue.
It's interesting, that it even worked for you with boot partition from 2178.

Well, that's pretty strange, I agree. I think I'm gonna need to run few more tests.
It's early to make conclusions, but it seems, that combination I have leads to battery draining. Or is it common problem with new firmware?

johny.mnemonic

Dec 11, 2006
Praha
Well, that's pretty strange, I agree. I think I'm gonna need to run few more tests.
It's early to make conclusions, but it seems, that combination I have leads to battery draining. Or is it common problem with new firmware?
It's too early to evaluate battery life on 3536, but so far I didn't notice any drain.
I would definitely check which kernel you are running. I am not sure how it is here on Z3c, but on my S2, kernel was part of boot partition. In case it is same here, you are running older kernel from 2178 build with your 3536 ROM.
My system reports kernel "3.4.0-perf-g62484g9" built on "Tue Feb 9 16:56:35 CET 2016".

Maybe my succes with boot partition was caused by the fact, that I flashed SuperSU 2.67 immediately after restoring the TWRP backup. SuperSU is patching boot partition, so it maybe fixed something there...

Reactions: shoguevara

shoguevara

Sep 9, 2010
Moscow
about.me
It's too early to evaluate battery life on 3536, but so far I didn't notice any drain.
I would definitely check which kernel you are running. I am not sure how it is here on Z3c, but on my S2, kernel was part of boot partition. In case it is same here, you are running older kernel from 2178 build with your 3536 ROM.
My system reports kernel "3.4.0-perf-g62484g9" built on "Tue Feb 9 16:56:35 CET 2016".

Maybe my succes with boot partition was caused by the fact, that I flashed SuperSU 2.67 immediately after restoring the TWRP backup. SuperSU is patching boot partition, so it maybe fixed something there...

It's 3.4.0-perf-g62484e9. So you're right, it's the older one.
I'll try to get latest kernel for my firmware and report about any changes. But that's gonna happen tomorrow.

UPD: Restored 3536 system partition and right after that flashed supersu and it did the trick! It's booting correctly now.
Thanks a lot for the hint!

Last edited:

shoguevara

Sep 9, 2010
Moscow
about.me
NFC Problems

BTW, does anyone have problems with NFC on Concept Marshmallow and unlocked bootloader? Mine doesn't want to turn on since I unlocked it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    awCK0YmL

Hey guys finally got Concept M ready for you to try thanks to @Jozinek for sharing the ftf file download from his thread here. Thanks to @shoey63 for supporting boot.img

DSC_0687~0.JPG

DSC_0688~1.JPG

DSC_0689~1.JPG

XDA:DevDB Information
    Concept Marshmallow Edition, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Contributors
    jenkins-84
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader

Version Information

Created 2015-10-25
    Last Updated 2015-10-24
    Installation:
    Code:
    * Unlocked bootloader
    * Boot into twrp 
    * Full wipe System,Data,Dalvik Cache and Cache.
    * Flash Rom.zip
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy!

Changelog:
    MRA58K.Z1.2058
    *Initial Release

2085:
    *New Home 10
    *New Qualcomm Release
    *Tap to Wake
    *Support for MIDI via USB
    *Support more bitrates for flac audio content
    *Updates to keyboard.

2099:
    *Fixed timeshift burst
    *Fixed charger detection
    *Fixed equalizer problems
    *Some stability fixes.

2123:
    *Battery % is on by default
    *New version of Text input 7.0.A.0.14, stability fixes
    *New version of Sony Album 7.3.A.6.0, stability fixes
    *Remove Android pay
    *New boot animation.

2134:
    *New delivery from Google
    *Sony Decoupled email
    *NFC updates
    *Minimum value of screen brightness has been lowered
    *Startup stability fixes
    *Album delivery 7.3.A.6.1 - Background image fix, SD Cards folders fix.

2153:
    *Added themes support
    *Increases the media volume steps
    *Simple support for SONY smart cover
    *Added Screenshot in power menu
    *Application on SD card is not removed
    *Platform stability fixes
    *Sony Album stability fixes
    *Possible to set default Home screen

2157:
    *Changed automatic brightness
    *Sony Email application 11.0.A.0.3
    *UI issue, number of mails interfere with subject
    *Fix problem with viewing attached pictures
    *Fix crash regarding notifications.

Features:
    Untouched Sony Concept Stock
    SuperSU
    Modified Boot.img with TWRP

Downloads:
    Rom: Click here

If you enjoy using the rom please hit thanks and rate the thread! :good:
    The build up works and flashed with no issues.. But would be nice if people waited for the OP to be updated with the link too before people flashed it. I uploaded late last night so didn't have to today. It's a bit disrespectful that people can't wait for a release takes me hours sometimes to get these builds working and I don't ask for much not even a thanks on OP lol that alot of people don't seem to thanks devs on here but know where the download button is... Anyway will update thread later today with my daughter ATM so good day and enjoy....

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Thread updated to 2157 build enjoy!

Thread Updated enjoy!!