Votes: 46 93.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Cherno87

Jul 1, 2016
Hi. I change this ROM for turbo, but when I power up the cellphone, I see the Aroma logo, and then the Turbo ROM Logo.
How can i uninstall that Aroma Logo from the power up?
Thanks alot

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus
Hi. I change this ROM for turbo, but when I power up the cellphone, I see the Aroma logo, and then the Turbo ROM Logo.
How can i uninstall that Aroma Logo from the power up?
Thanks alot
I don't know this ROM (I'm on turbo too) but most likely what you see is the bootlogo first (the aroma thing) which doesn't change when flashing and then the bootanimation of turbo ROM.
You can flash any kind of bootlogo instead, there's a thread here in Themes and Apps. Or you can extract the one of turbo ROM (which I've never seen,I have a custom one).

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

l13psna

Oct 20, 2015
Use twrp 3.0.0-0
Didn't have possibility to check, but now I've tried with twrp 3.0.0 and it still gives me same error. System is unmounted.
edit: it seems that I can't flash other roms either, also problems with /system..

Tried new twrp again and it installed succesfully.

Last edited:

makinapufterpup

Nov 16, 2014
New England
(I did not hit quote! Sorry that showed up)

Thank you for this! I had tried other MM roms in the past, but kept going back to LP.

I don't know how I missed this Stock MM rom though. I installed it this weekend, and, ""Boom goes the dynamite, Hakuna Matata, Ba da ba ba ba, I'm lovin it!"" - Melania Trump

Anyways, thanks for making this available.

Wondering if anyone had the stock calendar and sync apps for marshmallow? I have always used stock / asop version.

I can not get used to the official Google calendar. The bold and non bold lettering look the same to me, so I can't tell when there is an event or not.

I ended up using com.google.android.calendar-20140414.

Last edited:

maximuns

Apr 18, 2014
Hey!

I am thinking of flashing this (as it seems) amazing Rom :D

I only have 2 questions:
-What Gapps do you suggest?
-Do I need to flash supersu to have root access or the aroma installer option will give me root? (didnt understand this part) :confused:

Thanks in advance!

ps: It is the second time I flash a Rom and I'm a bit rusty :p

Vidhanth

Oct 29, 2013
Bangalore
Hey!

I am thinking of flashing this (as it seems) amazing Rom :D

I only have 2 questions:
-What Gapps do you suggest?
-Do I need to flash supersu to have root access or the aroma installer option will give me root? (didnt understand this part) :confused:

Thanks in advance!

ps: It is the second time I flash a Rom and I'm a bit rusty :p

1. Use open gapps for arm-6.0. Any package would do, I recommend micro (it gives you now on tap and stuff ;) )
2. The aroma installer will give you a choice for that. No need of supersu. But, if you're flashing a custom kernel (like radium kernel/extended kernel) then you'll have to flash supersu v2.62.
Good luck ;)

maximuns

Apr 18, 2014
1. Use open gapps for arm-6.0. Any package would do, I recommend micro (it gives you now on tap and stuff ;) )
2. The aroma installer will give you a choice for that. No need of supersu. But, if you're flashing a custom kernel (like radium kernel/extended kernel) then you'll have to flash supersu v2.62.
Good luck ;)

Thanks! Working fine but used Pico instead :p

I have one question:
I wanted to try an app called HEBF which provides performance and battery saving tweaks. It requires root and busybox. This Rom comes with some kind of busybox pre-installed (as I saw somewhere or maybe I'm mistaken).
I wanted to ask if by installing the stericson busybox (required by the app) they will interfere with each other and brick my device :/

ps: I installed superSU and layers etc in the aroma installer

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Vidhanth

Oct 29, 2013
Bangalore
Thanks! Working fine but used Pico instead[emoji14]
I have one question:
I wanted to try an app called HEBF which provides performance and battery saving tweaks. It requires root and busybox. This Rom comes with some kind of busybox pre-installed (as I saw somewhere or maybe I'm mistaken).
I wanted to ask if by installing the stericson busybox (required by the app) they will interfere with each other and brick my device :/

ps: I installed superSU and layers etc in the aroma installer

Thanks! :D
Nah you can install that busy box without issues

maximuns

Apr 18, 2014
Hey!

The mobile data icon in the status bar is always white, never turns dark on apps like Google calendar etc. This applies to sim 1 and sim 2. I was on stock with this bug and now flashed radium but the bug is still there. Even layers can't theme those icons. Can you tell me why this happens? Is there a way to fix it?

Vidhanth

Oct 29, 2013
Bangalore
Hey!

The mobile data icon in the status bar is always white, never turns dark on apps like Google calendar etc. This applies to sim 1 and sim 2. I was on stock with this bug and now flashed radium but the bug is still there. Even layers can't theme those icons. Can you tell me why this happens? Is there a way to fix it?

Because this is based on Motorola firmware. And Moto firmware is not meant for theming. I cannot add 100% substratum/layers support due to the lack of source code. Except for the signal icons, everything else themes pretty well.
And I have no idea why it doesn't turn dark

maximuns

Apr 18, 2014
Because this is based on Motorola firmware. And Moto firmware is not meant for theming. I cannot add 100% substratum/layers support due to the lack of source code. Except for the signal icons, everything else themes pretty well.
And I have no idea why it doesn't turn dark

OK ty anyway, only when updated to marshmallow this happened, when I was on lollipop, icons didn't turn dark because it wasn't stock supported yet but I could theme them with xposed or cmt (in cm ROMs) pretty easily.

Thanks again! :)

cool_nin

Oct 18, 2014
Help needed...
The ROM was working fine and I installed an app for android n features and it went in boot loop.

Had old recovery saved on my PC but it gives wm error after restoring 70%.

Any suggestions on how to get it working.

I am pasting the recovery version in below location.

TWRP>BACKUPS>ZX1D62NTQZ

Is ZX1D62NTQZ right? Or there is another name?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TTzyA7d.png

The beloved Radium Redefined got even sweeter with Marshmallow!

This is Radium Redefined M. The stock marshmallow from Motorola, but with other features (listed below). This is the very first stock-based MM rom for Moto G 2014! This will start of pretty close to stock, and I'll be adding more features and optimizations gradually. :)

FEATURES
    1. Heavily debloated - From ~610MB to ~280 MB
    2. AROMA Installer - Let's you select your device, features you want, etc and installs accordingly
    3. Material design theme in AROMA Installer
    4. Unified - Will work on all variants of the Moto G 2nd Gen (XT1063/64/68/69)
    5. Layers/RRO support!
    6. New bootlogo (optional in AROMA)
    7. Cool looking light fonts
    8. More to come!

INSTALLATION
    1. Download ROM and Gapps (Gapps are NOT included in the ROM)
    2. In TWRP, do a factory data reset
    3. Flash ROM and Gapps and then reboot (First boot will take a while, but if you feel its taking too long, just force reboot again ;))
    4. Enjoy!

BUGS/ISSUES
    None so far, you tell me ;)

NOTES (plz read)
    1. If you have any issues, feel free to report here. But before that, make sure you don't have Xposed or any other mods installed.

DOWNLOADS
    Latest ROM version
    Mirror
    ROM download folder

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radium Redefined M, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
    Vidhanth
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0

Created 2016-03-23
    Last Updated 2016-03-25
    Changelog
    Code:
    v1.0
    -Initial Release
    v1.1
    -Layers
    -Fixed battery drain
    -New Bootlogo
    -Added new browser
    -Debloated more
    -Build.prop tweaks
    Concept of RaRM 1.2-
    A normal flashable zip for the rom, no aroma installer. After you've flashed the rom, you'll have to flash an add-on package. It will be an Aroma installer one. You can customize the already installed Radium Redefined. You can make it dual sim compatible if you have a dual sim device, you can choose b/w some features, you can choose some apps to install, and also the location to install them (system or data).
    So I guess this will be the Concept.

Advantages?
    The base rom will remain the same. I'll be adding features only to the add-on package. So basically when there's a new update, you download the new add-on, flash it in recovery, select the new features, and then the zip does the job. It'll also change the about phone info so that you can confirm that the rom has been updated.
    So its kinda like delta updates ?

Now if this is your question -

"So if I skip an update or two/if I'm new to this rom, will I have to flash all versions of the add-on to make my base up-to-date?"

Ans- No, the new add-on zip will have the latest features, along with all previous features. So if you flash the rom when the add-on zip is say v3.0, you'll still have all features of v1.2 ?

I'll keep you guys posted, and do lemme know if you have any suggestions :)
    Fix battery drain --> Done! No more useless drains now. The build prop tweaks are also doing their job.
    9:45 PM - 77%
    6:30 AM - 76%
    That's 1% drain in about 10 hours! So today I'll finish the remaining stuff, i.e., the apps and bootanimation, etc. Hopefully new release tomorrow

Oh! And yeah the play store bug is also now fixed. But still, if your play store gets stuck after downloading or whatever, force stop and clear it's app data ;)

Base ROM is ready! Will work on add-on zip today :)

Changes in base ROM-
    1. Fixed reverse audio channels
    2. Removed useless apps
    3. Included Exchange service fix by @manogalino
    4. Slimmed down completely :)

Lemme know if I forgot something ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode