• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][6.0.X][AOSP]Slim6 for the i9300[Alpha]

Search This thread

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
slimroms.png

Code:
[CENTER]/* #include <std_disclaimer.h>
*  Your phone's warranty is now void.
*  You are flashing this on your Samsung Galaxy SII(Intl) at your own peril.
*  I am not responsible for hard bricks, damages to SD Cards, thermonuclear war, 
*  or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
*  I would definitely help you out if you are stuck somewhere, provided that you give 
*  me clear details of the mishap.
*  Don't ask for ETA's because that's mean :(
*/[/CENTER]

Hey guys, since there's a lot of demand for Slim, I thought I'd build Slim for you guys. As of now it's in an Alpha stage and near AOSP, but it runs smooth :D

NOTE: THIS ROM IS BASED ON AOSP. THIS MEANS THE INFAMOUS CHIPSET-SPECIFIC BOOT ISSUE IS A THING ON THIS ROM. IF IT DOESN'T BOOT, DON'T WORRY, YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG

Downloads:
AFH

Credits:
SlimROMs Ltd.
CodeAurora
AOSPB
Ayy idk
Haxynox team

Ayyyyyye Makarena

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimROM for i9300, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
Gokulbalram
Source Code: https://github.com/SlimROMs

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: i9300 with TWRP :D
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-05-26
Last Updated 2016-08-02

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
Oh wow Goku, u bring us yet another amazing rom for our legendary s3,and thanks for that ! ??

Does it have slim file manager and all other slim features? And can u add what slim features are atm ? Thx

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
Oh wow Goku, u bring us yet another amazing rom for our legendary s3,and thanks for that !

Does it have slim file manager and all other slim features? And can u add what slim features are atm ? Thx

It's got.. I actually can't say because right now, for some weird reason the SlimLauncher doesn't have the app drawer button. But yes, it doesn't have much considering they're very alpha.

So the story is that the Slim team lost one of it's core team members (who funded a lot of the Slim stuff like servers and whatnot). After this, Slim had some problems, they've addressed it on their website. Right now, (as far as I know) they are trying to fix up "AOSPB" or AOSP-CAF. AOSP CAF is a slightly tweaked version of AOSP optimized for Snapdragon devices. Most ROMs like Tesla, Minimal, Validus, Flayr are based on AOSPB as it is easier for various devices. (Regardless of what base though, I still have to manually add the exynos code to get the stuff building and running lol). That went a little Off-topic, but anyway, the Slim team is hibernating(?) as of now. [If I'm wrong somewhere, please do correct me]

Also if anyone's wondering why the delay in a ROM release (regardless of which), it's because my S3 had issues and I switched to an S4 for a while because I got a little mad at it. (Don't worry lol, this S4 isn't mine :p)

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
It's got.. I actually can't say because right now, for some weird reason the SlimLauncher doesn't have the app drawer button. But yes, it doesn't have much considering they're very alpha.

So the story is that the Slim team lost one of it's core team members (who funded a lot of the Slim stuff like servers and whatnot). After this, Slim had some problems, they've addressed it on their website. Right now, (as far as I know) they are trying to fix up "AOSPB" or AOSP-CAF. AOSP CAF is a slightly tweaked version of AOSP optimized for Snapdragon devices. Most ROMs like Tesla, Minimal, Validus, Flayr are based on AOSPB as it is easier for various devices. (Regardless of what base though, I still have to manually add the exynos code to get the stuff building and running lol). That went a little Off-topic, but anyway, the Slim team is hibernating(?) as of now. [If I'm wrong somewhere, please do correct me]

Also if anyone's wondering why the delay in a ROM release (regardless of which), it's because my S3 had issues and I switched to an S4 for a while because I got a little mad at it. (Don't worry lol, this S4 isn't mine :p)

Oh my...thx for this very extended post lol [emoji2]

Yea I know they had some issues ,as seen on they G+ page,as well development for it was slow and everyone else noticed..well they are still in alpha and N is just around the corner.

Is camera and everyone else important working ? Will definitely try it later on ;)

jujuna

Oct 9, 2015
I tried this ROM, its very fast really fast. but there are some major bugs. 1) it can see 774MB of RAM, we have only 833MB ram and lower ram isnot good for us. 2) heat up. 3) custom actions for buttons 4) google play consumes so much RAM. I'll hope u'll fix bugs. thank you and good luck guys :highfive:

yoahmad1995

Aug 6, 2015
Baghdad
Ok so I downloaded it through an coffee shop and flashed with mini gapps 19/5 build and its very smooth but here are the bugs that I suffered:
NFC not working (no NFC in settings)
Can't adopt SD Card always says corrupted same is Nameless ROM (I'm doing this to play my heavy games without moving files etc)
for app drawer in stock launcher, I switched to Google Now Launcher which comes with the gapps that I installed so its ok.

Otherwise, ROM is just great as haxynos even better. :)

yoahmad1995

Aug 6, 2015
Baghdad
After I enabled zram which is extremely needed on our S3 and reinstalled my backup apps via titanium backup, it froze and went to bootloop exactly like haxynox.

So I guess its kernel related.

I'll try agni kernel and report back ASAP.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Unfortunately, it still present even after I flashed agni kernel with cache wipe.

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
After I enabled zram which is extremely needed on our S3 and reinstalled my backup apps via titanium backup, it froze and went to bootloop exactly like haxynox.

So I guess its kernel related.

I'll try agni kernel and report back ASAP.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Unfortunately, it still present even after I flashed agni kernel with cache wipe.

Try not enabling ZRAM.

To be honest, ZRAM isn't "extremely needed".

Reactions: akaSk8krew

N-Gage4ever

Jan 30, 2015
Istanbul
OnePlus 7 Pro
Well actually I really don't like cm roms because the wifi dropping issue. It's really so annoying and they couldn't solve it from cm11 to cm13. I hope Aosp build can be solution for us and cm goes to history. I think they should've accept google's offer but whatever. Thx for the aosp rom can't wait to see it as stable!

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Try not enabling ZRAM.

To be honest, ZRAM isn't "extremely needed".

Why? Isn't it amazing for the multitasking performance?

Gokulbalram

Apr 22, 2013
Pune
Well actually I really don't like cm roms because the wifi dropping issue. It's really so annoying and they couldn't solve it from cm11 to cm13. I hope Aosp build can be solution for us and cm goes to history. I think they should've accept google's offer but whatever. Thx for the aosp rom can't wait to see it as stable!

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Why? Isn't it amazing for the multitasking performance?

I'm telling this out if experience rather than knowledge. But if I were to explain, I'd say that ZRAM requires a lot of Input/Output speeds which is fairly low for data exchange compared to RAM (RAM operates on a far higher speed)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimroms.png

Code:
    [CENTER]/* #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    *  Your phone's warranty is now void.
    *  You are flashing this on your Samsung Galaxy SII(Intl) at your own peril.
    *  I am not responsible for hard bricks, damages to SD Cards, thermonuclear war, 
    *  or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    *  I would definitely help you out if you are stuck somewhere, provided that you give 
    *  me clear details of the mishap.
    *  Don't ask for ETA's because that's mean :(
    */[/CENTER]

Hey guys, since there's a lot of demand for Slim, I thought I'd build Slim for you guys. As of now it's in an Alpha stage and near AOSP, but it runs smooth :D

NOTE: THIS ROM IS BASED ON AOSP. THIS MEANS THE INFAMOUS CHIPSET-SPECIFIC BOOT ISSUE IS A THING ON THIS ROM. IF IT DOESN'T BOOT, DON'T WORRY, YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG

Downloads:
    AFH

Credits:
    SlimROMs Ltd.
    CodeAurora
    AOSPB
    Ayy idk
    Haxynox team

Ayyyyyye Makarena

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimROM for i9300, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    Gokulbalram
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimROMs

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: i9300 with TWRP :D
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-05-26
    Last Updated 2016-08-02
    Slim Alpha 0.3 build is online! (I haven't tested it yet because it's 1:56 AM) and the build is still plagued with the button-light-thingy issue (sorry)

Download!
    He should be the Luke Williams on G+ ?? I have been following him on DU G+ pages ;) :)
    Yeah that's me @goldbeard
    Hopefully I can finally build Dirty unicorns. Even if it means I have to manually edit each file for it to work.
    If that is so, it will be released sometime in September/early October.
    Hey guys, after some effort (laptop kept failing whilst building), I managed to build Slim. But, the touchkey is still messed up (I'll have to rework the kernel for this), the buttons don't work (forgot to calibrate the device trees to the latest Slim hw button changes), and SlimLauncher still keeps crashing. So due to this, release will be a bit delayed. Sorry guys :(
    Oiiii, new update

Just updated sources and whatnot, not much device specific features

Download