• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [6.0.x] [BETA] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightly Builds (KIW-L24 / L22 / L21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
CyanogenMod 13.0 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Note: This thread is not about:
- Other devices!
- General Honor 5X stuff (Unlocking, Emui, going back to Stock, Updating Stock...)
- Aliens, UFOs, ...

-> Generally: ANYTHING not specifically about CyanogenMod 13.0 for Honor 5X

Important Notice:
Code:
As of July 19, an upgrade of the firmware to MM-Firmware is required ([URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67840582&postcount=1813"]Link to instructions[/URL],
possibly find your firmware update here: [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-5x/how-to/repository-honor-5x-file-depot-t3328288"]LINK[/URL] - note: not related to us, thanks @clsA).
If you run a device below the required firmware,
flashing will fail due to checks in the upgrade package! (No, you shouldn't remove the checks!)
In that case please use a build of July 18 or below. (Link: [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=72880"]clsA's repo[/URL])

Please DO NOT complain about this, we are not responsible for non-released firmwares
and other things not directly under our control. Please also DO NOT ask for any support
of firmware update in this thread! Go to Q&A section and create or use an existing thread there!

Preparation

To make sure you can run the builds from July 20 and up, please do the following
(For all commands please copy everything between the quotes not including them! All commands require to press [ENTER] to execute)
1) Open the terminal app or connect via computer and type "adb shell"
2) Type "su"
3) Type (or copy)
strings /dev/block/platform/soc.0/7824900.sdhci/by-name/tz | sed 's/QC_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=//p;d'
4) Compare the output to:
TZ.BF.3.0.C3-00025
5) Are they equal? Go on with the instructions and use a newer build
They are different? -> Go with build of July 18

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
1) Read this post completely! Make sure you are aware of the issues!
2) Download the zip(s).
3) Install a compatible Recovery (e.g. TWRP (Link))
4) Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
5) Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
6) Flash CyanogenMod.
7) Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (Pay attention to the note in "Download links"!)

Changelog

Device tree
Kernel tree
Generic CM tree

Broken Features / Known Issues

• camera does not support HDR photos - no need to try other camera apps, it's disabled completely!
  • dt2wake doesn't use the proximity sensor to filter bogus d2twake triggers and therefore can turn on too easily in your pocket,
    but it DOES work without proximity sensor
  • Builds older than July 20: fingerprint sensor not implemented! (Do not even ask for it, search the thread!)
  • smart view case support

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

If you have a hard reboot (to the vendor boot logo, not the CM boot logo), use adb or any other file explorer tool to pull a copy of

/sys/fs/postore/console-ramoops

after the reboot and provide that.

Note: We will not support any kind of modification on the ROM not done by our sources. If you are running XPosed, Kernel Booster or whatever occurs to you, we won't support you in any way. The problem will in every case be treated as the additional softwares' fault (because often it is!)

Download Links

CyanogenMod: ROM @ http://download.crpalmer.org/nightlies/kiwi-cm-13.0

Google apps addon:
(Note: Not required to run the ROM)
We are using Open GApps (Link) Arm64 version. (make sure to use 64bit when using other packages), others might also be working

Note: In case you want to use any gapps, YOU MUST install the right gapps the first time that you flash a marshmallow ROM. Do not boot with an older gapps or without one and then try to install it later.
Note: If you install a package which replaces the default dialer (mostly "Stock Gapps") you have to go to Settings->Apps->Gear-Icon and set the new dialer as a default telephony app to prevent force closing of apps

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 13.0 Builds, ROM for the Honor 5X

Contributors
crpalmer, BadDaemon
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_huawei_kiwi

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-03-25
Last Updated 2016-07-27

Last edited:

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
Reserved

Known Issues:

Moved to first post (above).

Other Issues:

If I don't list it as a known issue, it means I do not think it's a problem because I have never encountered whatever you think is broken.

If you post "_____ is broken", I will ignore it unless you:
* Provide appropriate logs
* Provide clear instructions to reproduce the problem or a statement that it just randomly happens
* Have the problem on a "clean" install (see below).

Getting Logs:

You can use SysLog by Tortel from the play store to get logcats (Main Log), dmesg (Kernel log) and Radio Logs. These will capture the log after the fact. You can also get the logs via adb:

PHP:
adb logcat -v time -d > logcat.txt
adb logcat -v time -b radio -d > radio.txt
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt

You can use either a file explorer app that allows root access or adb to get the last kernel log. Via adb you would plug your phone into a computer that has adb access to it and run

PHP:
adb root
adb pull /sys/fs/postore/console-ramoops

Appropriate Logs:

If you have a hard reboot (to the vendor boot logo, not the CM boot logo), the only log that will contain useful information if the last kernel log. All other logs are cleared on a reboot and will be useless.

If you have any issue with telephony, wifi, bluetooth or anything related to externally communicating via your phone, please provide all 3 logs (logcat, radio log and kernel log).

If you submit radio logs, please do so via a PM as the logs may contain phone numbers and other information such as your IMEI.

Clean Install:

If you have a reproducible problem:

* Backup your current install in twrp (so you can go back to it, if you want, when you're done)
* Factory reset
* Wipe system
* Install CM, install GApps (and not one that replaces system apps like the camera, especially if you think the camera is broken!)
* Do not install anything else, do not restore anything else via Google, Titanium Backup, etc.
* DO NOT INSTALL Xposed
* Install the apps that you need to reproduce the problem
* Collect logs
* Restore your backup

If the problem is not reproducible, you still need to run on a clean install and wait for it to happen. In this case do:

* Backup your current install in twrp (so you can go back to it, if you want, when you're done)
* Factory reset
* Wipe system
* Install CM, install GApps (and not one that replaces system apps like the camera, especially if you think the camera is broken!)
* Do not install anything else, do not restore anything else via Google, Titanium Backup, etc.
* Install the apps that you need on your phone via Play Store and do not restore data from anywhere or install any other tweaks, scripts.
* DO NOT INSTALL Xposed
* Wait for it to happen
* Collect logs
* Restore your backup

Note: We will not support any kind of modification on the ROM not done by our sources. If you are running XPosed, Kernel Booster or whatever occurs to you, we won't support you in any way. The problem will in every case be treated as the additional softwares' fault (because often it is!)

Last edited:

Faheemarif252

Jul 15, 2014
Damn bro... You're amazing.... I would love to taste marshmallow on this device but i think I'll refrain until some important bugs are fixed.... Thnx a lot for your hard work

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

Reactions: chiragpatel8611

nemexs

Feb 6, 2015
Amazing work this is the first time I'm actually using marshmallow :D. The rom feels a bit slower than the lolipop version, but hey having shower in the acid feels better than using the stock rom.

right now the battery indication seem to be stuck at 100%, need to reboot to check if it is actually valid.

Battery works :p now I have to allow all this user permissions :mad:

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Yep, exact same problem[emoji14]Facebook and Messenger seem to be giving that error on cm13 3/24/16

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
mine works pretty well for messenger and.... restoring facebook..... yup works perfectly; I'm using custom booster so maybe?

Last edited:

InfamousGam3r

Nov 2, 2014
Amazing work this is the first time I'm actually using marshmallow :D. The rom feels a bit slower than the lolipop version, but hey having shower in the acid feels better than using the stock rom.

right now the battery indication seem to be stuck at 100%, need to reboot to check if it is actually valid.

Battery works :p now I have to allow all this user permissions :mad:

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

mine works pretty well for messenger and.... restoring facebook..... yup works perfectly; I'm using custom booster so maybe?

What do you mean "custom booster"? I was coming from CM12.1 with GApps Arm64 5.1 Minimal, updated to CM13 (3/24/16) and GApps Arm64 6.0 Micro

nemexs

Feb 6, 2015
What do you mean "custom booster"? I was coming from CM12.1 with GApps Arm64 5.1 Minimal, updated to CM13 (3/24/16) and GApps Arm64 6.0 Micro
skynet project
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/android-l-booster-1-soon-t3030796

The apps that didn't run properly from the titanium I reinstalled them.

For developer: Battery indicator is bugging out again, rebooting........ same problem, removed the gravity box [MM]; busybox has a problem too. Ok Google seems to crash every time I reboot.
Workaround the batter indicator bug: if you are plugged to a power charger the indicator works perfectly.
Update: busybox works with graphics just crashing, but app working well.

Last edited:
Reactions: InfamousGam3r

InfamousGam3r

Nov 2, 2014
skynet project
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/android-l-booster-1-soon-t3030796

The apps that didn't run properly from the titanium I reinstalled them.

For developer: Battery indicator is bugging out again, rebooting........ same problem, removed the gravity box [MM]; busybox has a problem too. Ok Google seems to crash every time I reboot.
Workaround the batter indicator bug: if you are plugged to a power charger the indicator works perfectly.

Going to try and use that custom booster you linked me to, reinstalling CM13 again (reverted back to CM12 earlier because of a few issues). Doing it all fresh this time, just hate having to re-arrange my stuff :p haha.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 13.0 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Note: This thread is not about:
    - Other devices!
    - General Honor 5X stuff (Unlocking, Emui, going back to Stock, Updating Stock...)
    - Aliens, UFOs, ...

-> Generally: ANYTHING not specifically about CyanogenMod 13.0 for Honor 5X

Important Notice:
    Code:
    As of July 19, an upgrade of the firmware to MM-Firmware is required ([URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67840582&postcount=1813"]Link to instructions[/URL],
    possibly find your firmware update here: [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-5x/how-to/repository-honor-5x-file-depot-t3328288"]LINK[/URL] - note: not related to us, thanks @clsA).
    If you run a device below the required firmware,
    flashing will fail due to checks in the upgrade package! (No, you shouldn't remove the checks!)
    In that case please use a build of July 18 or below. (Link: [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=72880"]clsA's repo[/URL])

Please DO NOT complain about this, we are not responsible for non-released firmwares
    and other things not directly under our control. Please also DO NOT ask for any support
    of firmware update in this thread! Go to Q&A section and create or use an existing thread there!

Preparation

To make sure you can run the builds from July 20 and up, please do the following
    (For all commands please copy everything between the quotes not including them! All commands require to press [ENTER] to execute)
    1) Open the terminal app or connect via computer and type "adb shell"
    2) Type "su"
    3) Type (or copy)
    strings /dev/block/platform/soc.0/7824900.sdhci/by-name/tz | sed 's/QC_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=//p;d'
    4) Compare the output to:
    TZ.BF.3.0.C3-00025
    5) Are they equal? Go on with the instructions and use a newer build
    They are different? -> Go with build of July 18

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1) Read this post completely! Make sure you are aware of the issues!
    2) Download the zip(s).
    3) Install a compatible Recovery (e.g. TWRP (Link))
    4) Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    5) Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    6) Flash CyanogenMod.
    7) Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (Pay attention to the note in "Download links"!)

Changelog

Device tree
    Kernel tree
    Generic CM tree

Broken Features / Known Issues

• camera does not support HDR photos - no need to try other camera apps, it's disabled completely!
    • dt2wake doesn't use the proximity sensor to filter bogus d2twake triggers and therefore can turn on too easily in your pocket,
      but it DOES work without proximity sensor
    • Builds older than July 20: fingerprint sensor not implemented! (Do not even ask for it, search the thread!)
    • smart view case support

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

If you have a hard reboot (to the vendor boot logo, not the CM boot logo), use adb or any other file explorer tool to pull a copy of

/sys/fs/postore/console-ramoops

after the reboot and provide that.

Download Links

CyanogenMod: ROM @ http://download.crpalmer.org/nightlies/kiwi-cm-13.0

Google apps addon:
    (Note: Not required to run the ROM)
    We are using Open GApps (Link) Arm64 version. (make sure to use 64bit when using other packages), others might also be working

Note: In case you want to use any gapps, YOU MUST install the right gapps the first time that you flash a marshmallow ROM. Do not boot with an older gapps or without one and then try to install it later.
    Note: If you install a package which replaces the default dialer (mostly "Stock Gapps") you have to go to Settings->Apps->Gear-Icon and set the new dialer as a default telephony app to prevent force closing of apps

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0 Builds, ROM for the Honor 5X

Contributors
    crpalmer, BadDaemon
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_huawei_kiwi

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-03-25
    Last Updated 2016-07-27
    I just pushed a series of changes that may or may not make everyone happy and may or may not break things for a bunch of people.

We have too many variants, most of which (aka, all but my one phone), I don't own. And then for the variants, we have a whole bunch of different firmware versions that people may be running on those devices. This makes a potential nightmare for me.

That said, I pushed changes which try to support the fingerprint sensor on both the LP and the MM firmware on all devices. If this ends up working well, we'll be happy. If a bunch of devices have problems, then I'm going to have to force everyone to upgrade.

So, if you have problems with tomorrow's build, please let me know.

I also pushed a fix for the signal strength reporting. That should be fixed tomorrow as well.
    Fingerprint sensor: I have it working, it has been working well for almost 24 hours now, but it's not coming tonight because we need to figure out what the right thing to do is wrt firmware. If I pushed the code that makes it work and you haven't updated the firmware by installing an official Huawei release of 6.0, it will bootloop because the new software and the old firmware are VERY incompatible. We have to figure out if we should try to support old firmware and how to do it or force everyone to upgrade.

Mobile signal level: it looks like it's broken for 3G signal level after updating to the 6.0 blobs. I'll take a look at that more carefully but it's just cosmetic. You have the same connectivity as before, it is just displaying 0 bars instead of whatever level of signal you have. This affects only 3G (not 2G or LTE) status display.
    Thread cleaned. I will make these two things explicitly clear:
    1. The first rule of XDA is search before posting (and by extension, reading the entire original post and subsequent posts). Don't be surprised when people react negatively when you post something that has been talked about in the OP and in the many posts to follow. The fingerprint sensor falls into this since in the first post it says under the issues section:
      fingerprint sensor (Do not ask for it, search the thread!)
      However, unless you are a moderator, do not chastise people for not reading/searching. Either helping them with a good attitude while reminding them gently of the rules, report the post, or ignore it altogether.
    2. Unless you are going to take up development yourself (the whole point of this site), do not complain about the rate of development or lack of feature provided. This is XDA-Developers, not XDA-BuildMeCustomROMs. These guys do this as a hobby, not a job. There is stock firmware provided by your OEM; use it if you aren't happy here.

Some further reading if you need it:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=16682226
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2031989&postcount=45

Nathan
    Forum Moderator
    Update : Fingerprint sensor fixed !

Hello !

I just let you to know that today ( after many attempts ) I managed to enable successfully : fingerprint sensor for CyanogenMod 13.0 :D

The solution to fix (fingerprint sensor) will be pushed to may github as soon as I'll have some more free time , so please stay tuned !

Should be working on all Huawei devices msm8939 with "fpc1020" fingerprint sensor !

Screenshots :

Screenshot_20160101_073657.png
    Screenshot_20160101_073710.png

Screenshot_20160101_073747.png
    Screenshot_20160101_073754.png

Screenshot_20160101_073805.png
    Screenshot_20160101_073823.png

Edit :

Source code on my GitHub has been updated in order to add/fix Fingerprint sensor !

If your device wasn't updated to MM via UPDATE.APP or OTA you must flash ( before make a backup of your modem partition ) also modem from here, otherwise you'll get bootloop !

Best regards !