[ROM][6.0.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 13.0 (v2awifi)

Search This thread

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOSdoes still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Important information:
This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 13.0 builds for v2awifi (SM-T900). The following will not be supported here:
  • Custom kernels
  • Mods
  • Xposed

Do not ask for ETAs. If you do, I will ignore you and your post.

SEANDROID ERROR
  • If you see a message at boot about Recovery or Kernel is not SEANDROID Enforcing, you can ignore it. This is just telling you that you are not running Samsung stock software. It has no effect on recovery or the ROM itself nor related to either.

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
  • Flashed a custom kernel
  • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
  • Modified system files

Bootloader Information
You need to make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot. Here you can go grab the latest bootloader and odin and flash it in download mode. Read all the steps before you do this.

Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails.

Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN:
  1. Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails. Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN.
  2. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
  3. Open ODIN on your computer. You?ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
  4. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It's a tar file.
  5. Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
  6. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.

Installation
  1. Download the zip(s)
  2. Install a compatible Recovery (This will not work with the P900 recovery)
  3. --1.*I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibations, ADB now work and there are performance increases. The rom will need to allow v2awifi naming for flashing in recovery. Link
  4. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (optional)
  5. Wipe data/factory reset
  6. Flash LineageOS
  7. Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
  8. Reboot

Issues?
Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums
  • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
  • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
  • Logs or it didn't happen! You can use this: Syslog App

Downloads

Nightlies
Latest Nightly Date 12/23/16
Device Builds

Google Apps
http://opengapps.org/ - Thanks to the OpenGapps team!

Issues
Lower than stock audio volumes
MHL out to TV not working

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging, & documentation.

Source:
Kernel: Link
Device Tree: Link

Credits
@Valera1978 Initial device tree
@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
@chhaggerty, @tbjr50 and @titidu3701 for their testing efforts
Exynos5420 Dev Team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart )

XDA: DevDB Information
[6.0.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 13.0 (v2awifi), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2

Version Information
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Created 2016-10-01
Last Updated 2016 -12-23

Last edited:

thompatry

Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2012
Kansas
Kernel Info:
  • M Kernel base from the Galaxy Tab S
  • M GPU driver from Galaxy Tab S
  • CPU Voltage Control
  • CPU OverClock/UnderClock (Up to 2.1GHZ)
  • MIF/INT Voltage Control
  • UKSM instead of KSM
  • Added the following IO Schedulers: fifo, fiops, sioplus, tripndroid, vr, zen, bfq (Default)
  • Full f2fs support updated off the mainline (Stock cm kernel has limited support)
  • Modified Thermal Throttling temperatures for all devices so hopefully they won't get as hot
  • Exynos thermal exposed to sysfs
  • Android Logger disabled by default can be enabled over sysfs
  • WQ power efficient workqueues (Still need to apply in more places)
  • Frandom Support
  • Readahead bumped to 256 from 128

Currently Disabled:
  • GPU Voltage Control/GPU OverClock/UnderClock (Needs to be rewritten for the M driver)

Last edited:

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
Hmmm...

I did wipe cache/dalvik cache/system and data with TWRP 2.8.7.0
and installed your cm-13.0-20161001-UNOFFICIAL-v2awifi.zip along with the open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20160925.zip (which I got as .ZIP for/from my Nexus 10)

After installing wiping cache/dalvik cache again and reboot system - but then after the SM-T900 Logo the screen is only blank.
No boot animation and no other sign that it will do something.

I could go to TWRP via Power+VolUp+Menue....

Do you got an Idea what went wrong?

[EDIT] also only the cm-13.0-20161001-UNOFFICIAL-v2awifi.zip without Open GApps gives me a black screen.
For now Iam back on CM 12.1 from the 09.07. and pico Open GApps from today.

Why was the SM-T900 files formerly named v2wifixx and now v2awifi? Could this be a problem for me?

Last edited:

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
guidol, try updating your bootloader, as per the OP.
Thanks @gorgthetroll :)
Now it works - didnt read the part before the installtion carefully enough :)

@kutzman: read the part above the part of the installtion instruction:
Bootloader Information
You need to make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot.

I did this Bootloader-Part with Odin (Ok, on my device I has it to fo 2 times and 2 times it told me OK, but it did boot with a read Message about the Kernel in the 2nd try.

Now - after the seond try of the BootLoader-Flash my SM-T900 did boot - so I updated the TWRP via Flashify to the latest version (3.0.2.0) - but for that you have to enable root access in the developer options of CM13

Last edited:
Reactions: kutzman

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
I will look into this. I am fairly confident I know what the fix is. Thanks for the feedback.
Does look great the first version of the CM13 for the SM-T900 :good:
Sadly I can confirm the missing vibration.

But as I did promise you - I donated another $30 for the "working" version of CM13 :laugh:
I hope this will encourage your development on the SM-T900-Builds! :angel:

Reactions: chhaggerty

vochong

Dec 28, 2014
Does look great the first version of the CM13 for the SM-T900 :good:
Sadly I can confirm the missing vibration.

But as I did promise you - I donated another $30 for the "working" version of CM13 :laugh:
I hope this will encourage your development on the SM-T900-Builds! :angel:

Thanks a lot to Guidol for being the most generous "facilitator", helping keep our great Tom in great spirit :)

Neekeet

May 5, 2016
Minneapolis
Glad to see this rom!
Thank you for a working MM build for this amazing tablet, which I lost hope for any development. I appreciate all the hard work you put into getting this working!
I am having issues with the Play Store hanging at times and the File Manager not showing up properly and slowing down the device significantly
Getting a lot of issues regarding "Package Installer"
No Xposed installed*

Edit: tried multiple file managers from the Play Store and each have problems. No way to view files

Last edited:

vochong

Dec 28, 2014
Glad to see this rom!
Thank you for a working MM build for this amazing tablet, which I lost hope for any development. I appreciate all the hard work you put into getting this working!
I am having issues with the Play Store hanging at times and the File Manager not showing up properly and slowing down the device significantly
Getting a lot of issues regarding "Package Installer"
No Xposed installed*

Edit: tried multiple file managers from the Play Store and each have problems. No way to view files

Make sure you did a clean install, as mentioned in the OP's original message, and use an up-to-date OpenGapps package (for ARM, 6.0).

Thanks,
Eric

Reactions: Neekeet

Neekeet

May 5, 2016
Minneapolis
Make sure you did a clean install, as mentioned in the OP's original message, and use an up-to-date OpenGapps package (for ARM, 6.0).

Thanks,
Eric

Thanks for the reply
I have a clean installation and the exact same Gapps package installed.
Going to reflash and see keep an eye out for better results

Anyone else notice their tablet getting really hot? near the camera front and back.

Edit: Just reflashed using the Nano Gapps package and everything seems to be working great! will update if i run into anything. I had issues using the Pico version and wonder if that is suspect to the issues I was having. Any ideas?

Last edited:

vochong

Dec 28, 2014
Thanks for the reply
I have a clean installation and the exact same Gapps package installed.
Going to reflash and see keep an eye out for better results

Anyone else notice their tablet getting really hot? near the camera front and back.

Edit: Just reflashed using the Nano Gapps package and everything seems to be working great! will update if i run into anything. I had issues using the Pico version and wonder if that is suspect to the issues I was having. Any ideas?

Since the system partition in SM-T900 is quite large, I've always installed the STOCK package so it would remove most of the built-in stock/AOSP apps/tools and replace them with Google ones.
Also, with the STOCK package, I can still have access to useful Google apps even after a configuration reset, and without Google login (to download apps from Google PlayStore.)

Thanks,
Eric

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
I didnt got a problem with the EFS Explorer.
But for some access-methods you have to grant access-rights if the app/CM13 did ask.
And I got root-access enabled in the developer options.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I didnt got any Problems with the pico Open GApps.
But you have to install something like GMail afterwards to get the actual Google/Playstore Services as Update.
After that I only do install the Google-Appsvthat I want.
Love this feature :) not having some odd G-Services in the Background or in the System-Partition.
(and I also use the pico on my Nexus 10 with CM13 because there is the /system only 800MB in size)

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

on normal usage I didnt noticed the tablet being really hot.
Which apps do you use at this time? games with much graphics?

Tom did write about the voltage-selector of the gfx-card(?) that the voltage cant set down for underclocking or higher for overclocking....or somthing like this....moment I will copy the part...
"
Currently Disabled:
GPU Voltage Control/GPU OverClock/UnderClock (Needs to be rewritten for the M driver)
"
Dont know if your tablet will be hot about this disabled setting....

Neekeet

May 5, 2016
Minneapolis
Everything is running fine now! thanks everyone
Love having MM on this tablet finally haha

Anyone's tablet feel a bit sluggish? it may be difficult to replicate but bringing down notifications seems to have some lag to it

pandoraman

May 1, 2015
for its fast as before with CM12....the Notifications werent for me the fastest ones....but Iam happy wirh this first build.

Try to change the speed for windows animations, and the transition and animator duration. You can do that in developer options half way xown deist under drawing. Change the settings from window animation s ale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale from 1 to 0.5. See attached screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161005-151444.png
    Screenshot_20161005-151444.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: kutzman and guidol

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
Try to change the speed for windows animations, and the transition and animator duration. You can do that in developer options half way xown deist under drawing. Change the settings from window animation s ale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale from 1 to 0.5. See attached screenshot
I did try these settings - seems to be much better :) - many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOSdoes still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Important information:
    This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 13.0 builds for v2awifi (SM-T900). The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

Do not ask for ETAs. If you do, I will ignore you and your post.

SEANDROID ERROR
    • If you see a message at boot about Recovery or Kernel is not SEANDROID Enforcing, you can ignore it. This is just telling you that you are not running Samsung stock software. It has no effect on recovery or the ROM itself nor related to either.

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Bootloader Information
    You need to make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot. Here you can go grab the latest bootloader and odin and flash it in download mode. Read all the steps before you do this.

Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails.

Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN:
    1. Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails. Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN.
    2. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
    3. Open ODIN on your computer. You?ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
    4. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It's a tar file.
    5. Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
    6. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.

Installation
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (This will not work with the P900 recovery)
    3. --1.*I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibations, ADB now work and there are performance increases. The rom will need to allow v2awifi naming for flashing in recovery. Link
    4. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (optional)
    5. Wipe data/factory reset
    6. Flash LineageOS
    7. Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    8. Reboot

Issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs or it didn't happen! You can use this: Syslog App

Downloads

Nightlies
    Latest Nightly Date 12/23/16
    Device Builds

Google Apps
    http://opengapps.org/ - Thanks to the OpenGapps team!

Issues
    Lower than stock audio volumes
    MHL out to TV not working

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging, & documentation.

Source:
    Kernel: Link
    Device Tree: Link

Credits
    @Valera1978 Initial device tree
    @UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @chhaggerty, @tbjr50 and @titidu3701 for their testing efforts
    Exynos5420 Dev Team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart )

XDA: DevDB Information
    [6.0.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 13.0 (v2awifi), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2

Version Information
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Created 2016-10-01
    Last Updated 2016 -12-23
    Kernel Info:
    • M Kernel base from the Galaxy Tab S
    • M GPU driver from Galaxy Tab S
    • CPU Voltage Control
    • CPU OverClock/UnderClock (Up to 2.1GHZ)
    • MIF/INT Voltage Control
    • UKSM instead of KSM
    • Added the following IO Schedulers: fifo, fiops, sioplus, tripndroid, vr, zen, bfq (Default)
    • Full f2fs support updated off the mainline (Stock cm kernel has limited support)
    • Modified Thermal Throttling temperatures for all devices so hopefully they won't get as hot
    • Exynos thermal exposed to sysfs
    • Android Logger disabled by default can be enabled over sysfs
    • WQ power efficient workqueues (Still need to apply in more places)
    • Frandom Support
    • Readahead bumped to 256 from 128

Currently Disabled:
    • GPU Voltage Control/GPU OverClock/UnderClock (Needs to be rewritten for the M driver)
    Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update, I have posted a new build today with usual updates. Nothing really changed on the device or kernel side of things. OK Google is still broken and the default audio levels are still not set. We are getting close to having them finalized.

New CM-13.0 nightly posted. Link

In other exciting news, I have released CM-14.1 for the T900 (v2awifi). Everything is super stable. I hope this is a good Christmas present! Here is the thread. Link

As always, keep giving the great feedback.
    New Build
    As promised here is the new build. The list of the changes are below. It captures 99% of the changes but I might have shorten some of it since there has been a lot that changed.

As always feedback please. I can't make a better ROM without your feedback!

Enjoy! Link

Changelog
    • Changed the lock screen so it no longer says slowly charging
    • Updated the camera to the MM blobs (Camera is a lot faster and the picture quality is better)
    • Cleaned up the camera configs
    • Fix OTG permissions
    • Enabled multi-window by default
    • Enabled Samsung Bluetooth
    • Cleaned up the Bluetooth configs
    • Enabled multi-threaded decode for the boot animation
    • Fixed WiFi Display and allow it to display DRM content
    • Enabled extended file system support at the kernel level (NTFS and EXFAT)
    • Tuned the CPU/GPU for the interactive kernel (A lot of performance gain here)
    • Updated the audio to the i9500 hal
    • Updated the media profiles and codec MM
    • Fixed the IR blaster (Moved the initialization back to the on parameter in the ramdisk)
    • A lot of GPU/CPU performance tweaks from the kernel level
    • Updated various blobs at the vendor level to the MM version (Sound Effect, Sswap, Mobicore, Mfc_bin, libstagefright, scranton_RD)
    • Updated the rotation driver to MM version
    • Enable vibration strength control (You can find this in the sound settings)
    • Modified the Wolfson DAC settings (The sound should be a little bit louder. This is still a work in progress.)
    Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been working my tail off. 60 hours, 6 days a week. I have not forgotten about you guys. I have been diligently working on the "OK Google" and the hardware keys not working for volume unless you have some kind of media playing. Hopefully I can have a fix soon. Both those items are kind of difficult to wrap your head around why they are acting the way they are.

I know that kernel aduitor is probably complaining about the kernel version is not right so I will release a new CM-13.0 within the next day or so to fix this.

Last but not least, I have a little Christmas present for all of you so stay tuned. As always keep giving great feedback. I may not always reply, but I do read every single one of your posts.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone