[ROM][6.0.x][v500][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 [20161107]

Search This thread

Kzyw

Sep 28, 2014
The WiFi issues make the latest build practically unusable for me. It keeps dropping and re-connecting. I tried re-flashing w/ a wipe of Dalvik and cache, but no luck. Can I simply downgrade to 20161004, the previous build? Go to recovery and install it, wipe cache and Dalvik and that's it?

Yes ... make wipe factory reset and then install your copy without wipe dalvik and cache
I don't issues with wifi in the last build

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

The problem is that the latest versions of SuperSU edit the boot image and break it's "bumped" signature. This can be fixed by using a "System only" version of SuperSU that does not change the boot image.
http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/v2-64-2-66-supersu-mode-t3286120

Impossible I do not know what I do wrong but I can not install Supersu I flashed the v2 78 Rs2 and Rs3 with bootlop I do not speak English and I get lost with so much information Has anyone got it?
What steps should I follow?

sirvionte

Sep 26, 2013
Good to all the last update is very good but I leave the tablet in plane mode inactive without any connection or synchronization and ot example is 64% battery and at 3 hours I have 60% happens to you. What solion could do

pivertd

Nov 26, 2016
BUG: No 5x5 pattern to boot encrypted device.

Hi,

I configured a lock screen on a 5x5 pattern, with device encryption and "required pattern to boot".

But, at reboot, it only present the default 3x3 pattern.

P.S.: With TWRP, I can enter a 5x5 pattern, and mount the encrypted partition.

How can I boot this device now?

Thanks,

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Hi,

I configured a lock screen on a 5x5 pattern, with device encryption and "required pattern to boot".

But, at reboot, it only present the default 3x3 pattern.

P.S.: With TWRP, I can enter a 5x5 pattern, and mount the encrypted partition.

How can I boot this device now?

Thanks,

5x5 pattern is working in cm-14.1 without encryption enabled. If you can't get past the lock screen, you will need to factory reset in twrp.

Reactions: pivertd

maks44

Sep 28, 2014
Just want to inform that the only SuperSU which works normally on my G Pad 8.3 with this OS is: www . androidfilehost . com/?w=files&flid=135826

maks44

Sep 28, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: dark0shark

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
Why would you still use CM while LineageOS (based on Android 7.1.2) is available? --> https://xdaforums.com/lg-g-pad-83/orig-development/lineage-os-14-1-t3538884/
I realize this is an old post, but I prefer the CM 13 build primarily because the native theme engine was discontinued following this build. For security mindedness , I keep my CM 13 build periodically up-to-date with the latest security patch manifests. (I'm currently running an August 1, 2019 security patch level.) Also, simply stated, the CM 13 build seems to run smoother and overall snappier than Lineage Nougat and later builds.

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G

nurunet

Feb 26, 2012
Toulouse, France
Sorry for the late reply. If you still need a working link to CyanogenMod 13 for the LG v500, here's a working link on Android File Host.
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533103863140686

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, I still have the WiFi reconnects all the time. :-/

CRDroid 8.1 + BR Kernel 2.0 = absolute bliss on the V500.

Thanks. About the kernel, I only found 1.05 - https://xdaforums.com/lg-g-pad-83/development/kernel-br-kernel-v1-01-t3624388

Where can I find the 2.0?

EDIT: Found it under the Android File Host link for 1.05.

Last edited:

sumomogg

Sep 12, 2018
CRDroid 8.1 + BR Kernel 2.0 = absolute bliss on the V500.

Hi - I am looking to try this on my V500 - I have tried Lineage 14 Nougat and CRDroid 9 Pie but they both seem laggy. I then thought I would try an older CM13 Marshmallow until I saw this post from you, so I have now downloaded CRDroid 8.1 and BR.Kernel-2.00.Oreo.zip.

Please can I ask - do I need to flash the Kernel immeditely after flashing CRDroid and Gapps ? Also, is this set-up stable? Does kernel update essentially add improvements like overclocking? (sorry I am a novice at this :)

Thanks in advance - I still love my V500 after all these years and I am searching for the perfect combination of OS!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    [SIZE="2"]* Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    [/SIZE]

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Install instructions:
    • Reboot into recovery (latest official TWRP recommended).
    • Wipe Data, System and Cache if it's a fresh install. Delete the .android_secure folder in external sdcard too.
    • Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache if you're updating from a previous build of cm-13.0.
    • Flash ROM and Gapps.
    • Reboot.

Download links:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3

Contributors
    fefifofum, Deltadroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/awifi-dev

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Bootloader (post 3)

Version Information

Created 2015-11-28
    Last Updated 2016-11-07
    A small teaser of what is coming next. Sensors are not working, and mac address is wrong. The rest is working fine, but we'll have to wait for stable builds.

nCQwaTp.png

EDIT: got sensors working, only wifi mac and bluetooth address to fix.

EDIT 2: fixed wifi mac and bluetooth address too.
    Bug reports:

Explain how to reproduce the bug and attach logs (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to get those, you can use this app. Please, do not report bugs if you use any kind of mods (like xposed) or third party kernel.

Known bugs
    • IR Blaster doesn't work.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) How can I unlock Developer options?
    A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
    A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) Why is wifi always on in battery stats, even if it was disabled?
    A) Go to Settings > Location > press on the 3 dots (top right) > scanning > disable wifi.

Q) How do I update Gapps? (Also useful if you have Gapps related problems).
    A) Reboot into recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + Gapps. Reboot.
    @fefifofum
    Found the tablet powered off again, switched it on and generated a last kmsg but it's empty! Used the Andy Log app.

EDIT :
    Just had a Wi-Fi drop. Here is the logcat. The kmsg is empty.
    http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57bcca2052c0f/logcat-.txt

You probably need to provide root acces to the app to get kmsg and last_kmsg. Without logs I cannot know what's the problem and I cannot reproduce it.

@fefifofum, will you going to support V500 for next CM14 android version?
    You are doing an amazing work full supporting this tablet, and we thank you.

Yes, of course, but it will take around two months before it's usable/stable.
    New build released

with lots of kernel changes (rebase from april), new blobs from Nexus 7 and updated GPU files.