[ROM]6/19/12 freEVO 3D 2.41 (BatterySaver/SomeSense/Speed/CoreDuo/Hybrid[De]Odex)

Search This thread

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hi guys!

This is a placeholder for my debut into the Android ROM cooking world. If you've owned a Sprint Touch Pro2 and are familiar with my Bare Naked ROM series, then this is no different. I'm stripping as much away as I can, while still maintaining a functioning ROM.

ROM information:
Android Gingerbread 2.3.4
HTC Software 2.17.651.5
Rosie/HTC Launcher Removed
Sense Widgets Removed
Bloat Removed
Launcher Pro is the default launcher
Includes HTC Weather App and HTC Facebook integration.

Hybrid [De]Odexed
ZipAligned
Personalize menu removed
Browser debugging menu enabled
Browser tabs increased
Camera mod (panorama/hdr)
HTC Music mod (dolby)
MMS mod (secure box/backup/uncompressed mms)
4-in-1 Reboot menu
Unlocked HotSpot
Flashlight app included
Sprint Visual Voicemail Removed (App is below in "Apps & Add-ons")
AOSP Clock included
Other stuff I can't remember
Dalvik-VM set to 48MB
WiFi Scanning set to 180
HTC Software update server Removed
AOSP lock scren with a cool feature!
Most frequently updated Google apps have been removed. (since you can get them from the market)
--Maps,GMail,ETC
Busybox 1.19
Bash 4.1
Random scripts...

I've removed as much Sense as possible, BUT there is always room for improvement. I'm constantly discovering random apps that can be removed and plan to either update with patches to do so, or just post back with my findings.

Thanks (in no particular order. who says that?):
-Team Win, AlphaRev X, Unrevoked, CyanogenMod team, toastcfh, Shinzul, TrevE, netarchy, dsixda, zeppelinrox, ch33kybutt, Death-M0nk, cayniarb, flipzmode, LiquidSolstice, Mikedick, wildcatswr5, SteelH, kushdeck, Ihtfp69, Team Bamf, mwalt2, chad_goodman, JoelZ9614, Rydah805, Nutzy, hockeyfamily737, J.eremy, frosty_ice, Vinchenzop, YACO, dropzeroc, Team Nocturnal, smokin1337, gruesomewolf, and the entire XDA community especially the modders, themers, and the helpful members. If I forgot you, or you would like to be included in the thanks list just because, shoot me a PM.

Big thanks to testers:
Flak, aicfan71189, kellybrf, joehunni

To do:
-Rearrange or just plain remove homescreen icons on first boot
-Probably more, I forgot.

Known Issues:
-With Sense lockscreen removed, you are unable to answer calls until you unlock the screen. Your phone rings, but you don't see who's calling until you unlock. Prevents accidental dials. Kind of neat for privacy buffs.

-Updated 80tweaks to default to the noop IO scheduler
-Fixed TVOut FC by adding TVOut.apk. This more than likely does nothing because we have HDMI/MHL but it's there anyway.
-Added DSP Manager

[size=+1]Download freEVO 3D 2.41 update[/size]
[size=+1]Download freEVO 3D 2.41 Beats update[/size]

-Standard: Includes StockMod Kernel with dual core always.
-Lite: Includes StockMod Kernel with no dual core mods. Dual cores will operate the same as they do on Stock ROMs, but the kernel will retain all of the other ramdisk edits I've done.
-freEVO 3D 2.4 Standard to Lite patch: download
-freEVO 3D 2.4 Lite to Standard patch: download

-Restore default auto-brightness values. (Use this if you find that the auto-brightness is too dim): (coming soon)
-Modded auto-brightness values. (If you want to go back to the more dim auto-brightness values): (coming soon)
-Add clock back into notification bar: (coming soon)
-Get recent apps app name text back on notification pull down: coming soon
-Add clock and recent apps app name text back on notification pull down: coming soon
-Remove recent apps completely from notification pull down: coming soon
-Gingerbread Battery icons: coming soon
-Gingerbread Battery icons with stock auto-brightness values: coming soon
-Restore stock HTC icons. (coming soon)
-Restore stock HTC icons with clock. (coming soon)
-Restore stock HTC icons with stock auto-brightness values. (coming soon)
-Restore stock HTC icons with recent apps text. (coming soon)
-Restore stock HTC icons with no recent apps. (coming soon)

[size=+2]Apps and add-ons[/size]: Flashable through recovery.
8/20/11 DSP Manager: download
9/15/11 freEVO 3D Ringtone Pack: download (Not flashable through recovery. Standard zip file where you can extract and pick your own)
12/2/11 Development Tools: download
12/8/11 Sprint Visual Voicemail 5.2.0.24: download
3/7/12 YouTube update 2.4.4: download
3/7/12 Swype 3.21: download
4/20/12 Google Play Store (Market) update 3.5.16: download

Upcoming patches and add-ons
HTC/Sense LockScreen
Add back HTC Launcher/Rosie/Widgets
Settings.apk mod (remove "HTC Software Update" and set auto-update to no)
Notification bar mod (Sense theme,battery %)
Various others...

Safe to disable/Recommended to disable if you don't use:
Car Panel
com.htc.demoflopackageinstaller
com.htc.provider.settings
Customization Setup
Detail
Dock Mode
Friend Stream
HTC Message Uploader
HTC Sense Live Wallpaper
HtcMessage provider
Magic Smoke Wallpapers
Mail
MarkedItems
Peep
Pico TTS
RestartApp
Setup
Setup Wizard
Upgrade Setup

freEVO 3D 2.4 Hybrid [De]Odex information. Please read.
Code:
2.4 marks a small shift in development.  I'm now starting to include mods from other people/phones as an experiment to see if I can still maintain a stable ROM.

2.4 is different in that it utilizes my Hybrid [De]Odex method which combines the performance of an odexed ROM with the customization of a deodexed ROM.  Current themes or flashable items are possible and can be compatible, provided that you understand a few things first:
-If you do decide to flash a theme, or another mod, keep in mind that by doing so, you:
--Must delete any .odex files to the apk/jar file that the mod you're flashing includes. For example if you are flashing LeeDroid Tweaks, you'd have to know which files it is installing by examining the zip first and then go through and remove the .odex files from your current system or it won't take effect.
--By doing this, you are slightly losing odex for every deodexed file you add.
-You'll also risk losing the modifications I've made to the frameworks to remove and disable logging/checkin services, and more. Remember, flashing any mod that wasn't ported over, or made by your ROM chef, may contain files that don't have their particular mods in them and will be overwriting their custom ROM version with a generic stock or differently modified file.  That's why LeeDroid tweaks and beats by smokin1337 are slightly incompatible. They both include the same files, but modified differently. It's either working LeeDroid tweaks, or beats mod with some LeeDroid tweaks features not working.

It may sound difficult at first, but it's quite easy once you do it the first time and understand. On to the changes: It includes all of 2.3-2.3d fixes and was originally supposed to be 2.3e. However, the hybrid [de]odexed system warranted a increment increase :).

Changelog:
Code:
[b]8/1/11-1.0[/b]: 
-Initial release.
[b]8/2/11-1.1[/b]: 
-Fixed syntax on setup file that caused MMS, among other things, to not function. 
-Fixed multiple launchers issue where you couldn't set a launcher as default properly.
-Removed AppSharing.apk
-Removed VoiceSearch.apk (You can get it in the Market)
-Removed CheckinProvider.apk (no more HTC Software updates! Because, they totally wouldn't install with a custom recovery anyway right? :D)
-Added Google Talk with video support.
-Added Bookmarks to the stock browser.
[b]8/12/11-1.2[/b]:
-Removed a few unneeded files related to Sense.
-Removed HTC hub, HTC People Sync, HTC Message Sync
-Included the MEGA AWESOME KARATE CHOP TWEAK PACK (build.prop/init.d). In an effort to save battery life, Quadrant scores may be lower.  This does not hinder performance.  Who needs benchmarks anyway? :)
-Added a few more scripts to xbin
-Removed all extra ringtones. Stock sounds remain. Separate ringtone pack to follow
-Updated YouTube to the latest
-Unlimited browser tabs
-Patched Mail.apk
-Panoramic camera
-EPST from EVO 4G (allows more ## codes)
-Free Sprint Hotspot mod
[b]8/18/11-2.0[/b]
-Updated to 2.3.4 (Latest HTC OTA 2.08.651.2)
-Removed cIQ files
-Removed cIQ backend/frontend from kernel.
-Readded Google Talk with Video.
-Removed stock bootanimation/downanimation
-Removed DSP Manager ([b]PATCH IS BELOW[/b])
[b]8/20/11-2.1[/b]
-MMS backup option (Thanks SteelH)
-Hotspot hack (Thanks SteelH)
-Framework optimization
-Disabled menu key to unlock screen
-Default wallpaper changed
-Panoramic/HDR camera mod (Thanks SteelH)
-Browser unlimited tabs
-Removed more files from lib
-Removed flash (get in market)
-Optimized kernel even more
-Removed app name text from recent apps in notification pulldown
-Built from official ruu
[b]11/24/11-2.21[/b]
-Updated specific files to 2.08.651.3
-Removed files in accordance with what HTC did in 2.08.651.3
-Updated kernel ramdisk to 2.08.651.3
-Added dual core always to kernel ramdisk
-Updated build.prop to reflect 2.08.651.3 with a few other edits
-Updated init.d tweaks
-Added a few adreno_config tweaks
-Updated init.post_boot.sh
-Enabled dim capacitive lights
-Removed "Personalize" from Settings.apk
-Integrated ROM Tweaks by Roman of [url=http://rootzwiki.com/files/file/3-rom-bulletproof-221-htc-sensation/page__k__bb2fe024f8a71424996db6d9af08c1fc__settingNewSkin__13]Bulletproof ROM[/url]
-Updated Market to 3.3.12
-Updated YouTube to 2.3.4
-Added Android 4.0 ICS animations
-Tweaked auto-brightness settings
-Reverted EPST. It was causing FC on WiMAX edit settings.  EVO 4G EPST (##PRL#) available as an add-on. 
[b]11/28/11-2.22[/b]
-Edited services.jar (disable signature check. Thanks [b][url=http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3317099]tommytomatoe[/url][/b]!)
-Fixed an issue where the Settings menu would not come up and/or the phone would freeze at the Android boot animation.
1/20/12-2.3
-Updated to HTC's 2.17.651.5 update
-Updated kernel
-Removed Smith.apk and QXDM2SD.apk along with their respective lib files
-Removed render UI with GPU tweak in build.prop. (It didn't boot with that line present)
-Added Roaming options to Phone.apk
-Removed freEVO 3D Tweaks (for now)
-Disabled signature check from services.jar
-Applied a lot of mods listed in the beginning of this post.
-Updated market to 3.4.4
-Updated HTC Apps: HTC Facebook, Friend Stream, Peep, etc.
-Edited signal bar indicators for "half signal" on strengths 3 and 5.
1/27/12-2.3a
-More services.jar edits! (0x0ed HTC's logging)
-Disabled menu key from unlocking phone, disabled sf_limitedalpha, disabled SIP via WiFi only (framework-res.apk edits)
1/27/12-2.3a
-Disabled menu key from unlocking phone, disabled sf_limitedalpha, disabled SIP via WiFi only (framework-res.apk edits)
3/6/12-2.3b
-Fixed double GPS icon issue.
-Added capacitive lights script v1. (Shuts off capacitive lights when the screen dims.)
3/7/12-2.3c
-Destroyed the double GPS icon issue!
-Edited zipalign script to zipalign system apps as well.
-Added Rydah805's Google Talk with Video front and back camera switching mod. (Thanks Rydah805!)
-Updated YouTube to version 2.4.4 (you can uninstall updates from applications prior to installing this if you wish)
-Updated Market (now Play Store) to 3.4.6 (you can uninstall updates from applications prior to installing this if you wish)
3/8/12-2.3d
-Removes previous Market and YouTube packages from /data/app so that the updated ones won't FC.
-Removed mpdecision in /system/bin
-Updated kernel ramdisk to not attempt to load mpdecision
4/20/12-2.4
-Temporarily removed dim leds script
-Added xloud (Thanks Nutzy for giving me the idea to try this out!) & beats (not sure if working, but thanks to RockoDev for the mod)
-Added Google Play Store 3.5.15
-Set loglevel to 0 in kernel ramdisk
-Removed bugreport from /system/bin and kernel ramdisk
-Removed wimaxDumpLastKmsg, wimaxDumpKmsg, and wimaxDumpLogcat from /system/bin and kernel ramdisk.
-Fixed GPS icon space in notification bar
-Added Hybrid [De]Odex
-Updated 70cputweaks file to automatically downclock depending on battery life:
-Updated 80tweaks with a bunch of changes inspired by zeppelinrox's supercharge script
-Updated build.prop with a few changes inspired by zeppelinrox's supercharge script
-re-added mounting of debugfs /sys/kernel/debug/ to kernel ramdisk
-added dsp manager to non beats version
-updated google play store to 3.5.16
-updated stockmod kernel
4/23/12
-added Standard to Lite patch
-added Lite to Standard patch
-added Beats full ROM with Beats over Bluetooth support.
--Thanks to the following people whom I got Beats and files for Beats from:
---smokin1337 who I got the Beats flashable from
---dropzeroc who's ROM I got the Beats over Bluetooth HtcMusic.apk from
---gruesomewolf who was responsible for giving dropzeroc the HtcMusic.apk
---Team Nocturnal for Beats in general
---Hope I got everyone. I don't use Beats on my phone so I didn't go through enough research to find out who was all involved but thank you all.
4/30/12-2.41
-Updated 70cputweaks for slightly more performance while charging and more battery life while on battery power
-Fixed TVOut FC by adding TVOut.apk. This more than likely does nothing because we have HDMI/MHL but it's there anyway.
-Added DSP Manager
6/19/12-2.41*
-Added stock framework version for those who have "Google Services Framework" FC/crashes.

Reviews:
HTCEVOHacks.com: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCq2rOJFGx0 (Thank you Max of HTCEVOHacks.)

[size=+2]Full ROM Download links[/size]: NOW AVAILABLE ON ROM MANAGER AND GOOMANAGER.

Android 2.3.4:
Latest version based on: 2.17.651.5
DOWNLOAD LINK: freEVO 3D 2.41
Mirror: freEVO 3D 2.41
freEVO 3D 2.41 Standard MD5SUM: 80454418BA71DA5157D7131740EC3AD7
freEVO 3D 2.41 Beats MD5SUM: 24D6DD7506B2FE32F2798F151D52418A
freEVO 3D 2.41 Beats w/ Stock framework MD5SUM: 6EE58B2488D5C28EF63ADD51DF617FA6

rom1.png
rom2.png
rom3.png
rom4.png
rom5.png
rom6.png
rom7.png
settings.png

Last edited:
D

DDiaz007

Sweet, but be ready that a mod might place this at a hault until you have the official ROM up.

Appreciate my help? Thank me :)

meatgel

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
Can't wait!

I was using Titanium to strip my phone ... I love the weather wallpaper on my lockscreen so I was tip-toeing around sense. Unfortunately I hit something that took the weather and the circle off of the lock. I was left with white boxes floating around and a white box where the circle went. I started trying to put stuff back, but then things locked up.

I'm a sad panda right now. :(

Plus, I remember your stuff from the touch pro 2! Yea!

D

DDiaz007

Can't wait!

I was using Titanium to strip my phone ... I love the weather wallpaper on my lockscreen so I was tip-toeing around sense. Unfortunately I hit something that took the weather and the circle off of the lock. I was left with white boxes floating around and a white box where the circle went. I started trying to put stuff back, but then things locked up.

Did you nand back up?

meatgel

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
Did you nand back up?

Of course I didn't. I'm an optimist. LOL. I also never learn a lesson. Luckily, I love setting my phone up over and over. My husband hates it -- but it's my favorite. I've borked my phone so many times.

I just flashed viperboy's ROM that was cleaned up by Tilde88. I didn't wipe the data and it still booted fine and all is fixed.

Thanks for pointing out my dumb, though! LOL j/k!

D

DDiaz007

Of course I didn't. I'm an optimist. LOL. I also never learn a lesson. Luckily, I love setting my phone up over and over. My husband hates it -- but it's my favorite. I've borked my phone so many times.

I just flashed viperboy's ROM that was cleaned up by Tilde88. I didn't wipe the data and it still booted fine and all is fixed.

Thanks for pointing out my dumb, though! LOL j/k!

I don't Nand back up either.. Throughout the whole year I had my og Evo, I nand backed up once. I never went back to it either lol. Like you, I love setting up my phone with every restore or install. I've gotten pretty fast it too!

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Can't wait!

Same with the white square and stuff, BUT I'm sure I have that figured out :)

Reactions: Nutzy

empiire

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 15, 2011
CO
Hmm well if this doesn't have Sense then what will it have? Is this supposed to be an AOSP rom? Haha this is confusing me! But I like the half a gig of RAM free though... I have about 400 megs on my rom I'm running atm.

k2buckley

Sep 24, 2010
Hmm well if this doesn't have Sense then what will it have? Is this supposed to be an AOSP rom? Haha this is confusing me! But I like the half a gig of RAM free though... I have about 400 megs on my rom I'm running atm.

Basically it is what is referred to as a "senseless" rom, or a "nonsense" rom. It will have the sense launcher (rosie) stripped, and pretty much every other aspect of sense, as the OP described. It will still be based off sense, so some things will be the same, but it will be running a different launcher, such as LP or ADW or Go Launcher or something. It should be a bit quicker with the extra RAM and lack of Rosie.

Reactions: freeza

meatgel

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
Same with the white square and stuff, BUT I'm sure I have that figured out :)

I thought for sure it had something to do with the HTC Sense Live Wallpaper. When I tried to re-install it with Titanium, it would just hand and never get installed.

I love a senseless ROM, but I sure do love that lockscreen ... just sayin'

empiire

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 15, 2011
CO
Basically it is what is referred to as a "senseless" rom, or a "nonsense" rom. It will have the sense launcher (rosie) stripped, and pretty much every other aspect of sense, as the OP described. It will still be based off sense, so some things will be the same, but it will be running a different launcher, such as LP or ADW or Go Launcher or something. It should be a bit quicker with the extra RAM and lack of Rosie.

I already hit my thanks limit for today but I wanted to tell you thanks anyways! I see you around here all the time and you always know what's up. That explanation made perfect sense and now I feel like an idiot for not even thinking about that.

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
As it stands now, there are too many dependencies on Rosie and stuff I want to remove to succesfully be able to switch lockscreens, or even use the default lockscreen, SO what I will have to do is use the default gingerbread lockscreen. However, I will include flashable packages for those who want the core functionality of being able to change your lockscreen.

You definitely need Rosie installed as well as every single idlescreen apk (stock,weather,photo,base,shortcut) etc etc. It's a good 30+MB worth of garbage just to be able to change something as simple as that. I assume most will be fine with gingerbread's lockscreen and/or use a third-party app anyway.

Reactions: Nutzy

k2buckley

Sep 24, 2010
I already hit my thanks limit for today but I wanted to tell you thanks anyways! I see you around here all the time and you always know what's up. That explanation made perfect sense and now I feel like an idiot for not even thinking about that.

Thanks, I try to help when I can. It's all I can do to give back to the community, because I don't know how to develop. And there's no need to feel like an idiot, we all learn!

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
This is a run I can actually use..let me know if you need help with what is crap ;)

Sent from my PG86100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

This is a placeholder for my debut into the Android ROM cooking world. If you've owned a Sprint Touch Pro2 and are familiar with my Bare Naked ROM series, then this is no different. I'm stripping as much away as I can, while still maintaining a functioning ROM.

ROM information:
    Android Gingerbread 2.3.4
    HTC Software 2.17.651.5
    Rosie/HTC Launcher Removed
    Sense Widgets Removed
    Bloat Removed
    Launcher Pro is the default launcher
    Includes HTC Weather App and HTC Facebook integration.

Hybrid [De]Odexed
    ZipAligned
    Personalize menu removed
    Browser debugging menu enabled
    Browser tabs increased
    Camera mod (panorama/hdr)
    HTC Music mod (dolby)
    MMS mod (secure box/backup/uncompressed mms)
    4-in-1 Reboot menu
    Unlocked HotSpot
    Flashlight app included
    Sprint Visual Voicemail Removed (App is below in "Apps & Add-ons")
    AOSP Clock included
    Other stuff I can't remember
    Dalvik-VM set to 48MB
    WiFi Scanning set to 180
    HTC Software update server Removed
    AOSP lock scren with a cool feature!
    Most frequently updated Google apps have been removed. (since you can get them from the market)
    --Maps,GMail,ETC
    Busybox 1.19
    Bash 4.1
    Random scripts...

I've removed as much Sense as possible, BUT there is always room for improvement. I'm constantly discovering random apps that can be removed and plan to either update with patches to do so, or just post back with my findings.

Thanks (in no particular order. who says that?):
    -Team Win, AlphaRev X, Unrevoked, CyanogenMod team, toastcfh, Shinzul, TrevE, netarchy, dsixda, zeppelinrox, ch33kybutt, Death-M0nk, cayniarb, flipzmode, LiquidSolstice, Mikedick, wildcatswr5, SteelH, kushdeck, Ihtfp69, Team Bamf, mwalt2, chad_goodman, JoelZ9614, Rydah805, Nutzy, hockeyfamily737, J.eremy, frosty_ice, Vinchenzop, YACO, dropzeroc, Team Nocturnal, smokin1337, gruesomewolf, and the entire XDA community especially the modders, themers, and the helpful members. If I forgot you, or you would like to be included in the thanks list just because, shoot me a PM.

Big thanks to testers:
    Flak, aicfan71189, kellybrf, joehunni

To do:
    -Rearrange or just plain remove homescreen icons on first boot
    -Probably more, I forgot.

Known Issues:
    -With Sense lockscreen removed, you are unable to answer calls until you unlock the screen. Your phone rings, but you don't see who's calling until you unlock. Prevents accidental dials. Kind of neat for privacy buffs.

-Added DSP Manager

[size=+1]Download freEVO 3D 2.41 update[/size]
    [size=+1]Download freEVO 3D 2.41 Beats update[/size]

-Standard: Includes StockMod Kernel with dual core always.
    -Lite: Includes StockMod Kernel with no dual core mods. Dual cores will operate the same as they do on Stock ROMs, but the kernel will retain all of the other ramdisk edits I've done.
    -freEVO 3D 2.4 Standard to Lite patch: download
    -freEVO 3D 2.4 Lite to Standard patch: download

-Restore default auto-brightness values. (Use this if you find that the auto-brightness is too dim): (coming soon)
    -Modded auto-brightness values. (If you want to go back to the more dim auto-brightness values): (coming soon)
    -Add clock back into notification bar: (coming soon)
    -Get recent apps app name text back on notification pull down: coming soon
    -Add clock and recent apps app name text back on notification pull down: coming soon
    -Remove recent apps completely from notification pull down: coming soon
    -Gingerbread Battery icons: coming soon
    -Gingerbread Battery icons with stock auto-brightness values: coming soon
    -Restore stock HTC icons. (coming soon)
    -Restore stock HTC icons with clock. (coming soon)
    -Restore stock HTC icons with stock auto-brightness values. (coming soon)
    -Restore stock HTC icons with recent apps text. (coming soon)
    -Restore stock HTC icons with no recent apps. (coming soon)

[size=+2]Apps and add-ons[/size]: Flashable through recovery.
    8/20/11 DSP Manager: download
    9/15/11 freEVO 3D Ringtone Pack: download (Not flashable through recovery. Standard zip file where you can extract and pick your own)
    12/2/11 Development Tools: download
    12/8/11 Sprint Visual Voicemail 5.2.0.24: download
    3/7/12 YouTube update 2.4.4: download
    3/7/12 Swype 3.21: download
    4/20/12 Google Play Store (Market) update 3.5.16: download

Upcoming patches and add-ons
    HTC/Sense LockScreen
    Add back HTC Launcher/Rosie/Widgets
    Settings.apk mod (remove "HTC Software Update" and set auto-update to no)
    Notification bar mod (Sense theme,battery %)
    Various others...

Safe to disable/Recommended to disable if you don't use:
    Car Panel
    com.htc.demoflopackageinstaller
    com.htc.provider.settings
    Customization Setup
    Detail
    Dock Mode
    Friend Stream
    HTC Message Uploader
    HTC Sense Live Wallpaper
    HtcMessage provider
    Magic Smoke Wallpapers
    Mail
    MarkedItems
    Peep
    Pico TTS
    RestartApp
    Setup
    Setup Wizard
    Upgrade Setup

freEVO 3D 2.4 Hybrid [De]Odex information. Please read.
    Code:
    2.4 marks a small shift in development.  I'm now starting to include mods from other people/phones as an experiment to see if I can still maintain a stable ROM.

2.4 is different in that it utilizes my Hybrid [De]Odex method which combines the performance of an odexed ROM with the customization of a deodexed ROM.  Current themes or flashable items are possible and can be compatible, provided that you understand a few things first:
    -If you do decide to flash a theme, or another mod, keep in mind that by doing so, you:
    --Must delete any .odex files to the apk/jar file that the mod you're flashing includes. For example if you are flashing LeeDroid Tweaks, you'd have to know which files it is installing by examining the zip first and then go through and remove the .odex files from your current system or it won't take effect.
    --By doing this, you are slightly losing odex for every deodexed file you add.
    -You'll also risk losing the modifications I've made to the frameworks to remove and disable logging/checkin services, and more. Remember, flashing any mod that wasn't ported over, or made by your ROM chef, may contain files that don't have their particular mods in them and will be overwriting their custom ROM version with a generic stock or differently modified file.  That's why LeeDroid tweaks and beats by smokin1337 are slightly incompatible. They both include the same files, but modified differently. It's either working LeeDroid tweaks, or beats mod with some LeeDroid tweaks features not working.

It may sound difficult at first, but it's quite easy once you do it the first time and understand. On to the changes: It includes all of 2.3-2.3d fixes and was originally supposed to be 2.3e. However, the hybrid [de]odexed system warranted a increment increase :).

Changelog:
    Code:
    [b]8/1/11-1.0[/b]: 
    -Initial release.
    [b]8/2/11-1.1[/b]: 
    -Fixed syntax on setup file that caused MMS, among other things, to not function. 
    -Fixed multiple launchers issue where you couldn't set a launcher as default properly.
    -Removed AppSharing.apk
    -Removed VoiceSearch.apk (You can get it in the Market)
    -Removed CheckinProvider.apk (no more HTC Software updates! Because, they totally wouldn't install with a custom recovery anyway right? :D)
    -Added Google Talk with video support.
    -Added Bookmarks to the stock browser.
    [b]8/12/11-1.2[/b]:
    -Removed a few unneeded files related to Sense.
    -Removed HTC hub, HTC People Sync, HTC Message Sync
    -Included the MEGA AWESOME KARATE CHOP TWEAK PACK (build.prop/init.d). In an effort to save battery life, Quadrant scores may be lower.  This does not hinder performance.  Who needs benchmarks anyway? :)
    -Added a few more scripts to xbin
    -Removed all extra ringtones. Stock sounds remain. Separate ringtone pack to follow
    -Updated YouTube to the latest
    -Unlimited browser tabs
    -Patched Mail.apk
    -Panoramic camera
    -EPST from EVO 4G (allows more ## codes)
    -Free Sprint Hotspot mod
    [b]8/18/11-2.0[/b]
    -Updated to 2.3.4 (Latest HTC OTA 2.08.651.2)
    -Removed cIQ files
    -Removed cIQ backend/frontend from kernel.
    -Readded Google Talk with Video.
    -Removed stock bootanimation/downanimation
    -Removed DSP Manager ([b]PATCH IS BELOW[/b])
    [b]8/20/11-2.1[/b]
    -MMS backup option (Thanks SteelH)
    -Hotspot hack (Thanks SteelH)
    -Framework optimization
    -Disabled menu key to unlock screen
    -Default wallpaper changed
    -Panoramic/HDR camera mod (Thanks SteelH)
    -Browser unlimited tabs
    -Removed more files from lib
    -Removed flash (get in market)
    -Optimized kernel even more
    -Removed app name text from recent apps in notification pulldown
    -Built from official ruu
    [b]11/24/11-2.21[/b]
    -Updated specific files to 2.08.651.3
    -Removed files in accordance with what HTC did in 2.08.651.3
    -Updated kernel ramdisk to 2.08.651.3
    -Added dual core always to kernel ramdisk
    -Updated build.prop to reflect 2.08.651.3 with a few other edits
    -Updated init.d tweaks
    -Added a few adreno_config tweaks
    -Updated init.post_boot.sh
    -Enabled dim capacitive lights
    -Removed "Personalize" from Settings.apk
    -Integrated ROM Tweaks by Roman of [url=http://rootzwiki.com/files/file/3-rom-bulletproof-221-htc-sensation/page__k__bb2fe024f8a71424996db6d9af08c1fc__settingNewSkin__13]Bulletproof ROM[/url]
    -Updated Market to 3.3.12
    -Added Android 4.0 ICS animations
    -Tweaked auto-brightness settings
    -Reverted EPST. It was causing FC on WiMAX edit settings.  EVO 4G EPST (##PRL#) available as an add-on. 
    [b]11/28/11-2.22[/b]
    -Edited services.jar (disable signature check. Thanks [b][url=http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3317099]tommytomatoe[/url][/b]!)
    -Fixed an issue where the Settings menu would not come up and/or the phone would freeze at the Android boot animation.
    1/20/12-2.3
    -Updated to HTC's 2.17.651.5 update
    -Updated kernel
    -Removed Smith.apk and QXDM2SD.apk along with their respective lib files
    -Removed render UI with GPU tweak in build.prop. (It didn't boot with that line present)
    -Added Roaming options to Phone.apk
    -Removed freEVO 3D Tweaks (for now)
    -Disabled signature check from services.jar
    -Applied a lot of mods listed in the beginning of this post.
    -Updated market to 3.4.4
    -Updated HTC Apps: HTC Facebook, Friend Stream, Peep, etc.
    -Edited signal bar indicators for "half signal" on strengths 3 and 5.
    1/27/12-2.3a
    1/27/12-2.3a
    3/6/12-2.3b
    -Fixed double GPS icon issue.
    -Added capacitive lights script v1. (Shuts off capacitive lights when the screen dims.)
    3/7/12-2.3c
    -Destroyed the double GPS icon issue!
    -Edited zipalign script to zipalign system apps as well.
    -Added Rydah805's Google Talk with Video front and back camera switching mod. (Thanks Rydah805!)
    -Updated YouTube to version 2.4.4 (you can uninstall updates from applications prior to installing this if you wish)
    -Updated Market (now Play Store) to 3.4.6 (you can uninstall updates from applications prior to installing this if you wish)
    3/8/12-2.3d
    -Removes previous Market and YouTube packages from /data/app so that the updated ones won't FC.
    -Removed mpdecision in /system/bin
    -Updated kernel ramdisk to not attempt to load mpdecision
    4/20/12-2.4
    -Temporarily removed dim leds script
    -Added xloud (Thanks Nutzy for giving me the idea to try this out!) & beats (not sure if working, but thanks to RockoDev for the mod)
    -Added Google Play Store 3.5.15
    -Set loglevel to 0 in kernel ramdisk
    -Removed bugreport from /system/bin and kernel ramdisk
    -Removed wimaxDumpLastKmsg, wimaxDumpKmsg, and wimaxDumpLogcat from /system/bin and kernel ramdisk.
    -Fixed GPS icon space in notification bar
    -Added Hybrid [De]Odex
    -Updated 70cputweaks file to automatically downclock depending on battery life:
    -Updated 80tweaks with a bunch of changes inspired by zeppelinrox's supercharge script
    -Updated build.prop with a few changes inspired by zeppelinrox's supercharge script
    -re-added mounting of debugfs /sys/kernel/debug/ to kernel ramdisk
    -added dsp manager to non beats version
    -updated google play store to 3.5.16
    -updated stockmod kernel
    4/23/12
    -added Standard to Lite patch
    -added Lite to Standard patch
    -added Beats full ROM with Beats over Bluetooth support.
    --Thanks to the following people whom I got Beats and files for Beats from:
    ---smokin1337 who I got the Beats flashable from
    ---dropzeroc who's ROM I got the Beats over Bluetooth HtcMusic.apk from
    ---gruesomewolf who was responsible for giving dropzeroc the HtcMusic.apk
    ---Team Nocturnal for Beats in general
    ---Hope I got everyone. I don't use Beats on my phone so I didn't go through enough research to find out who was all involved but thank you all.
    4/30/12-2.41
    -Updated 70cputweaks for slightly more performance while charging and more battery life while on battery power
    -Added DSP Manager
    6/19/12-2.41*
    -Added stock framework version for those who have "Google Services Framework" FC/crashes.

Reviews:
    HTCEVOHacks.com: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCq2rOJFGx0 (Thank you Max of HTCEVOHacks.)

[size=+2]Full ROM Download links[/size]: NOW AVAILABLE ON ROM MANAGER AND GOOMANAGER.

Android 2.3.4:
    Latest version based on: 2.17.651.5
    DOWNLOAD LINK: freEVO 3D 2.41
    Mirror: freEVO 3D 2.41
    freEVO 3D 2.41 Standard MD5SUM: 80454418BA71DA5157D7131740EC3AD7
    freEVO 3D 2.41 Beats MD5SUM: 24D6DD7506B2FE32F2798F151D52418A
    freEVO 3D 2.41 Beats w/ Stock framework MD5SUM: 6EE58B2488D5C28EF63ADD51DF617FA6

rom1.png
    rom2.png
    rom3.png
    rom4.png
    rom5.png
    rom6.png
    rom7.png
    settings.png
    Sweet, but be ready that a mod might place this at a hault until you have the official ROM up.

Oh woops...didn't think about that one :p

At any rate, it should be available for beta testing soon :)
    how do i download the latest radio / baseband version??

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17013328/PG86IMG.zip

In other news, I should have 2.4beta up today :) Spent most of yesterday and half of today getting it ready.
    Does your WiFi randomly disconnect when you are using a bluetooth headset in-call?

Well, I think I have fixed it. :)

ROM and Kernel update coming! Pending testing, of course.

Oh, and pending testing of RockoDev's beats mod (here), that may be included as well.
    2.4 beta is now up :)