[ROM][6.X] CandySIX - v3.2

Search This thread

vlucchetti

Dec 3, 2009
Latrobe, PA
I have upgraded from version 1.1 to version 3.1 on my samsung galaxy tab s2 3g (P5100).

The rom feels much slower then the previous one

Regards,

Abysmally slow. I went back to Candy5. It's slow but nowhere near as slow as this one. I was reading posts about the new life others posted and I wasn't seeing it at all. Considering going back even further just to have a solidly functioning, albeit old, tablet. It's not my daily tablet, one I like to have around as a just in case, but given how slow it was, if I can't get it back to where I don't have to wait seconds for it to respond to a tap on the screen, I may just retire it.

I've cleaned flashed, deleted everything, have gone back to basics but the C6 is brutally slow on mine.

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
I have upgraded from version 1.1 to version 3.1 on my samsung galaxy tab s2 3g (P5100).

After the upgrade- I have follow the steps of upgrade from candy six version to another (download, boot into recovery , install the rom , reboot)

The problem is that the com.android.phone keeps crushing constantly - did anyone had this problem before?

The rom feels much slower then the previous one

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,

On previous 2.3 build the wifi was stable & I could hardly notice any wifi drops, with build 3, I am still not certain if it's my router or the build(I guess, will give more time to build 3, but I did lose once or twice), had no issues with the storage(please perform a clean flash, that's the reason for those who have reported facing the issue, it's not there and even the PC/laptop detects both the storage)
the new music visualizers are great so are some new additions. thank you.

as compared to 2.3 to 2.0 in terms of stability,
3 felt a bit lagging behind, tried giving the cpu a nice load like the one which sailed smoothly on 2.3 build, and immediately got a soft reboot, tried installing multiple apks, and it hanged until it went reboot again.

Abysmally slow. I went back to Candy5. It's slow but nowhere near as slow as this one. I was reading posts about the new life others posted and I wasn't seeing it at all. Considering going back even further just to have a solidly functioning, albeit old, tablet. It's not my daily tablet, one I like to have around as a just in case, but given how slow it was, if I can't get it back to where I don't have to wait seconds for it to respond to a tap on the screen, I may just retire it.

I've cleaned flashed, deleted everything, have gone back to basics but the C6 is brutally slow on mine.

It definitely has gotten worse, I'm still on 3.1, tested with overclock kernel from past 2 days, and it's unstable. I tested with ondemand, interactive governor, but still slow. what went wrong? any updates? haven't been flashing much but I feel the need now.

wizzdome

Jan 10, 2012
Denver
Having same problem...

Put CandySIX 2.3 on the P5110. Deltagaps 6.0.1. TWRP 3.0.2-1. I did everything according to instructions . It was found that does not turn on Bluetooth, when you try it takes a long time and do nothing. How can I fix it ?

I am having this same problem all of the sudden. It was working before, and I went to change the name of the tab but was unable to turn on bluetooth... I was in the first stable build so I tried fix permissions and it erased all my apps wiped clean and bluetooth still did not turn on... I updated to latest build and still no go... Is anyone else having this problem or is it just an isolated incident?

Reactions: Sinned383

pp5ych0

Aug 24, 2011
epale good afternoon took a day testing version 3.1 and everything is going great.
I have two errors that I could not solve, the camera only works horizontally when taking vertical photo hangs.

another fault I have is that I can not detect any sim card. I wanted to know if they are common mistakes early solution or have any easy solution? excuse my bad English. Samsung tab2 p3100. a greeting from Venezuela.

pjmartinez69

Jul 2, 2016
how to get automatical updates in Candysix?

I am not able to find any menu in my Tab2 10.1 with candySix where I could get automatical updates, so could anybody warn me how to do it? txs

CCD

Mar 10, 2014
New Builds are up!

Here's whats new:
  • Android-6.0.1_r61
  • Latest Kernel-3.0.101
  • Build with pre-optimized dex for faster boot (Reason for bigger size of zip then previous ones)
  • Adoptive Storage fixed (sdcard as internal)
  • WiFi-hotsopt fixed
  • Fix Some Night Mode Theming
  • Fix no emergency call button on lock screen
  • Fix LockScreen wallpaper chooser
  • Added floatingTile (peek) and QS tile to enable/disable
  • Allow unlocked USB data access

For still more detailed changes visit here

Download Link in Post #2

Do Enjoy it

Note: The zips were build on 28/08 and not 30/08 (My PC had wrong date when I built it)

Ntadeusz

Jun 15, 2008
very good but you can not use wifi. I see no wifi when I applied for the 3.2 kernel. Please fix. And in general, excellent rom.

Last edited:

grapenose

Aug 26, 2015
Click here for CHANGELOG

Known Bugs :
  • AOSP Keyboard FC
  • 2G/3G switch
  • Wifi Drops
  • Sound echoing during games (Fixed in most games except EA games)
  • Problems caused by open sensor libraries
  • OMAPDSS color control
  • Wifi Hotspot
  • Adoptive Storage

• You tell me.....
Have just installed 3.1 and everything is fine apart from a problem with Settings.
When I try to open More, settings crashes.
I would like to adjust my DNS .
Fresh install

scooter1979

Oct 10, 2010
Ypsi
I'm thrilled that you got adoptive storage fixed! The 8Gb limit felt like it was always choking the device. Always trying to run the thing as light as possible. Thank you so much!

With the limited time I've had on 3.2 so far, the only issue I've found is with remote/IR apps. The apps start up just fine, but when a button is tapped to actually activate the IR blaster, the device freezes and reboots. I've tried two different apps (both TV remote control type apps) with the same results each time. This isn't something new to 3.2, it has been an issue for some time now (I honestly don't remember if it was present previous to v3 or not, sorry).

Other than that, 3.2 seems to be speeding along just fine. In fact, one fix that I didn't see listed is the lock screen weather. I had it set on the last version, but it never worked. Nice little surprise to see that on the first start up.

As always, great work, and thank you for keeping our ancient device updated.

Scott32

May 8, 2016
Hi! I've installed 3.2 on my P5100 and it's very smooth and fast compared to the old stock rom!
But I've some questions
-simcard PIN wouldn't unlock. I had to put the sim on another device, unlock it with the PUK and then remove the PIN protection, then put it again on the P5100
-in the "candy interface" battery bar options, I can't change the bar color: it opens the colour map selection, but the confirm button is greyed out
-can't find an option to enable the continuous scrolling of the home screen
-can't open the kernel adiutor form the settings menu, it always crashes. It only works from the app drawer

Thank you for this great work!

Last edited:

motivmotion

Nov 8, 2015
Hi CCD and thanks for your effort as always.

I clean installed this rom, and then installed opengapps, everything worked fine. I wanted to try out the overclocked kernel, so i installed this one = espressowifi_oc_kernel(for Candy6 v3.0+).zip

After rebooting the wifi doesn't seem to work anymore. Could you look into this?

scooter1979

Oct 10, 2010
Ypsi
Have just installed 3.1 and everything is fine apart from a problem with Settings.
When I try to open More, settings crashes.
I would like to adjust my DNS .
Fresh install

Confirmed crash on 3.2 here, assuming you're referring to the "more" under wireless and networks (I don't see another "more"). Off of a version upgrade.

loboz

May 11, 2011
Terni
Hi CCD and thanks for your effort as always.
I clean installed this rom, and then installed opengapps, everything worked fine. I wanted to try out the overclocked kernel, so i installed this one = espressowifi_oc_kernel(for Candy6 v3.0+).zip
After rebooting the wifi doesn't seem to work anymore. Could you look into this?

+1
me too. Installing OC kernel causes Wifi stop working.

CCD

Mar 10, 2014
The zip you people are flashing is 3.0.31 kernel while I am using 3.0.101 for latest build. The wifi module name is different in both these, thus the problem.

Here are the updated zips:
espressowifi
espresso3g

Also I will fix the sim-lock issue(Just missed to add the fix this time).
Also I will try to fix as much as possible for next build (probably the last one)
Post logs if you have any other problems.

mentat

Feb 9, 2007
Observations on P5113

The zip you people are flashing is 3.0.31 kernel while I am using 3.0.101 for latest build. The wifi module name is different in both these, thus the problem.

Here are the updated zips:
espressowifi
espresso3g

Also I will fix the sim-lock issue(Just missed to add the fix this time).
Also I will try to fix as much as possible for next build (probably the last one)
Post logs if you have any other problems.

CCD,

I have included logs (created with the SysLog app) hopefully capturing the following issues:

Settings is very slow to load/open (or navigate).

Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. (when selecting):
... More (from the Wireless & networks section of Settings).
Kernel Audiutor (from the Device section of Settings).

No Charging sounds when connecting/disconnecting the charger/power cable (when connected to AC).

Also, I often find it difficult to display the Power Menu (using the hardware power button)... either I press it too quickly and the Camera loads or I hold it too long and tablet just reboots (I find that touching it once to sleep, then once to wake, then holding it will then display the menu).

Otherwise, CandySIX - v3.2 works quite well on my tablet (both with and without the new OC kernel installed).

I am looking forward to testing your next build and would like to mention that your support and contribution to our community are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2016-08-31_16.55.zip
    187.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: motivmotion and CCD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is CandySiX. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @javelinanddart @calebcabob @NoSpamDan

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    Layers
    Battery bar
    LCD denisty options
    Multi-window
    Status bar customization
    Quick setting customization
    Quick setting pull down options
    Force expand notifications
    Time context headers in panel
    DarkUI switch
    Advanced power menu
    Extra IME options
    Lockscreen shortcuts
    Animations
    -Power menu
    -List view
    -System
    -Toast
    Navbar customization:
    -Navbar button color
    -Slim-Dim
    -Navbar DPI
    -DT2S on Navbar
    Buttons settings:
    -Long-press/double-tap actions
    -Volume rocker

More to come, we are never done...

XDA:DevDB Information
    CandySIX-espresso, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    CCD
    Source Code: https://github.com/candyroms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-28

Created 2016-03-08
    Last Updated 2016-08-28
    Reserved

be9apenu.jpg

-----Downloads -----
    espressowifi -> P3110,P3113,P5110,P5113
    espresso3g -> P3100,P5100

Open GAPPS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Please give first boot a good few minutes
    -Still in alpha stage with new additions and fixes being added constantly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, Omni and all rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

Steps:

Coming from another rom or from pre-v2.0
    1) Download CandySiX.zip
    2) Download 6.0 Gapps (optional)
    3) Boot into recovery (either twrp)
    4) Full wipe
    (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash CandySiX.zip
    6) Flash Gapps
    7) Reboot

Remember : Flash Gapps right after flashing ROM

Updating from previous CandySiX release
    1) Download CandySiX.zip
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Flash CandySiX.zip
    4) Reboot

New Builds are up!

• As I am currently busy with my exams, no device side changes; just upstream changes mentioned below
    • Fixes the screen blink on espresso10 variants after turning off the screen (fixed by Ziyann)
      -merged android-6.0.1_r42
      -app circle sidebar
      -Lockscreen rotation option
      -flashlight notification reminder
      -Voicemail Notifications: Make dismissable
      -Dashboard Text Size
      -Fix missed calls notifications
      -HWkeys: Add Now on Tap
      -lockscreen statusbar clock option
      -shade transparency options: QS, QS header, & power/reboot menu
      -Disable Quick Settings on secure lockscreen
      -Increasing Ring: Fix NPE
      -Speed up notification panel pulldown animation when called externally
      -Transparency Settings: QS background, Power menu, Statusbar header
      -Hide quick settings on a secure lockscreen switch
      -Configurable lockscreen statusbar clock

Download Link in Post #2

Do Enjoy it
    New Builds are up!

Here's whats new:
    • Android-6.0.1_r61
    • Latest Kernel-3.0.101
    • Build with pre-optimized dex for faster boot (Reason for bigger size of zip then previous ones)
    • Adoptive Storage fixed (sdcard as internal)
    • WiFi-hotsopt fixed
    • Fix Some Night Mode Theming
    • Fix no emergency call button on lock screen
    • Fix LockScreen wallpaper chooser
    • Added floatingTile (peek) and QS tile to enable/disable
    • Allow unlocked USB data access

Download Link in Post #2

Do Enjoy it

Note: The zips were build on 28/08 and not 30/08 (My PC had wrong date when I built it)
    Reserved

Click here for CHANGELOG

Known Bugs :
    • AOSP Keyboard FC
    • 2G/3G switch
    • Wifi Drops
    • Sound echoing during games (Fixed in most games except EA games)
    • Problems caused by open sensor libraries
    • OMAPDSS color control
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Adoptive Storage

• You tell me.....
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone