[ROM][6.x] Slim6

Search This thread

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
I mean the unofficial version no official build because your page has not been updated yet..sorry bad english
I know what you mean. I am building and uploading when things are ready. No one here is paying my income, I am doing all the stuff for free... IDK what's wrong on XDA but more and more people act like devs owe them something...

Edit:
Enough OT again.

Reactions: Oldnobby

rdragoni

Nov 20, 2017
P5110, TWRP 3.1.1.0
TWRP installed with terminal dd method
ROMS installed with TWRP

I have been looking for my next "queen of all roms" since a couple of days.
I was running CM12 before, but it was a bit slow and becoming more and more buggy (my 6yo daughter, who is the main user, has learnt to install/uninstall apps...)

I have tried:
- Lineage OS13 (nightly 20171119)
- SlimKat (9.12 unofficial 20171105)
- Slim6 (6.0.1 unofficial 20171117)

The three of them have issues with (my guess) gyroscope/compass/accelerometer sensors.
The screen rotation is not working or REALLY slow (like up to 10 seconds before actually rotating, and you need to keep it still)
Compass will never calibrate (my "testing app" is skymap, which detect/try to fix calibration on start)
Sensors testing app reports that gyro/accel are not present... (again, random results depending on the testing app)

Slim6 has another small bug... it does not allow to skip wifi setup on first setup procedure.

Keep up the good job!
Cheers

Last edited:

lighttear

Dec 7, 2007
P5110, TWRP 3.1.1.0
TWRP installed with terminal dd method
ROMS installed with TWRP

I have been looking for my next "queen of all roms" since a couple of days....

I have tried:
- Lineage OS13 (nightly 20171119)
- SlimKat (9.12 unofficial 20171105)
- Slim6 (6.0.1 unofficial 20171117)

The three of them have issues with (my guess) gyroscope/compass/accelerometer sensors.

Slim6 has another small bug... it does not allow to skip wifi setup on first setup procedure.

Keep up the good job!
Cheers

Hi, I had same problem with SlimKat Unofficial by Andi since ALL July realeases , so I decided to install Slim6 Unofficial by Andi dated 20/10/17 and it performs very well and stable on my GT-P5100, believe me.
I can report that Slim6 is fast provided you leave at least 2.5GB free of its internal memory, otherwise it slows down
more and more (but this is a known behavior of ALL flash disks), so I decided to exploit the adoptable storage feature
of Marshmallow by partitioning a 32GB microSD through the use of adb commands in order to have additional 6GB
of internal (aka adopted external) memory AND the remaining 24GB of portable memory (on the same microSD).
Well, all is working great !

Thank you Andi

A.

rdragoni

Nov 20, 2017
After another few flashing trials (different releases of slim6) I have come to the conclusion the root cause of the issues is not the ROM itself but the gapps packages. s#it!
I have always flashed gapps (arm-6.0-PICO, my goal is still the lightest possible system) immediately after the ROM, with just a "reboot to recovery" in between.

Following my sixth-sense :cyclops: I have left gapps apart for the latest trial.
Well, guess what? Smooth and silky like.. you know. I have used the tablet for an hour or two and everything was fine.
I have then installed gapps... and all the problems are back.
Screen lags, unreliable auto-rotation, one-time-init buggy and causing FCs.

Now my problem is to understand which is the latest "bullet-proof-guaranteed-working" gapps package (arm-6.0-pico/nano).
Any suggestion?

Thanks is advance,
RD

smart-t78

Jun 24, 2014
www.androidfilehost.com
After another few flashing trials (different releases of slim6) I have come to the conclusion the root cause of the issues is not the ROM itself but the gapps packages. s#it!
I have always flashed gapps (arm-6.0-PICO, my goal is still the lightest possible system) immediately after the ROM, with just a "reboot to recovery" in between.

Following my sixth-sense :cyclops: I have left gapps apart for the latest trial.
Well, guess what? Smooth and silky like.. you know. I have used the tablet for an hour or two and everything was fine.
I have then installed gapps... and all the problems are back.
Screen lags, unreliable auto-rotation, one-time-init buggy and causing FCs.

Now my problem is to understand which is the latest "bullet-proof-guaranteed-working" gapps package (arm-6.0-pico/nano).
Any suggestion?

Thanks is advance,
RD
update to the latest espresso-common twrp

Andi46

Feb 7, 2016
Vechta
@Andi46 new build is up. Haven't had time test but should be fine now. Please let me know if safetynet now passes.

HAMMER :good::D !!! with magisk 14.5 installed I'm able to pass SN, Safetynet Helper is also green and i even get a certified device in play store after clearing the cache of PlayStore to download for example Netflix, Super Mario Run etc....
the target in TWRP didn't match my P3110, but in ROM everything looks FINE !
I really thought my old lady would never ever be able :victory::good::good::good: You really made my weekend! and a lot of respect ;) HERO :good:
Do you need a test without Magisk/root also?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171124-213713.png
    Screenshot_20171124-213713.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot_20171124-213734.png
    Screenshot_20171124-213734.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot_20171124-214351.png
    Screenshot_20171124-214351.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_2017-11-24-21-27-53.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-24-21-27-53.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_20171124-215923.jpg
    Screenshot_20171124-215923.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Slim6
    [#MARSH]
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSSLIM]

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
    • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
      • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
    • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
      • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
    • SlimRecents
      • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
    • SlimLauncher
      • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
    • Status bar customisations
      • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

[#WARRANTY]

Download:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

[#INFOSLIM]

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] Slim6, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan, SlimRoms
    Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-07-09
    Last Updated 2017-04-30
    Slim6 updated! Source rebased on latest AOSP android-6.0.1_r80 tag for 2017-07-01 security patch level.
    Hey together!

Some of you might have read already on a different thread that i am staying away from Android for some time (not sure yet if i continue later). Private life is complicated at the moment… Lot’s of work in my Job (and looks like it’s not getting better soon…), my gf needs to quit her job (so we’ll only have one income for some time to pay our bills), relationship between me and my gf had better times in the past too…

Well, no need to go more in detail, but I’ve pushed some last Updates for suppported Roms and Devices as a christmas present for you!

Like always: details and downloads can be found here: http://andi34.github.io

I wish you all merry Christmas and a Happy new year!
    If everything goes fine I can release a new build tomorrow.

Before I forget to mention: zip naming will change a little bit, I have reworked my build setup according to our Jenkins on Unlegacy-Android (another project I am working on) last week.
    What does it mean? I hope in future I am able release incremental updates :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone