[ROM][6.x] Slim6

Search This thread

jokeandjill

Dec 12, 2017
Hi I use the latest version for 1 week now and I love it! (thanks Andy, Ziyan and Slim ROM team!)
anyway should I use Andy's Anykernel too? Or is it included in the ROM flashing process? My current kernel version is 3.0.101 [email protected] #1 dated March 29 2017.
sorry if this is a silly question but I really don't know much about these things.
Thanks in advance and you guys rock!

guest4711

Hi I use the latest version for 1 week now and I love it! (thanks Andy, Ziyan and Slim ROM team!)
anyway should I use Andy's Anykernel too? Or is it included in the ROM flashing process? My current kernel version is 3.0.101 [email protected] #1 dated March 29 2017.
sorry if this is a silly question but I really don't know much about these things.
Thanks in advance and you guys rock!
As @Anndroid-Andi says in the introduction to his anykernel thread: His Anykernel includes the latest security patches and some experimental features. From time to time the kernel changes will be imported into the ROMs if all are satisfied.

If not, there will be a newer anykernel...

So the rule of the thumbs:
* If you want a very stable ROM, don't change the kernel.
* If you need stability and security, take an anykernel older than two weeks (and repest this once a month).
* If you love to be on the bleeding edge, flash the last anykernel (and update it whenever there is a new one)

Last edited:
Reactions: jokeandjill

Andi46

Feb 7, 2016
Vechta
Hi Andi

i just wanted to let you know there are some more avc: denied timestamps in the logcat :cowboy:
maybe that's the reason for the compass issue + more... I suppose because of the kernel change to enforcing.
Code:
12-15 03:00:46.533 18763 18763 W busybox : type=1400 audit(0.0:40507): avc: denied { setattr } for name="scaling_governor" dev=sysfs ino=12397 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:sysfs_devices_system_cpu:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
12-15 03:00:46.556 18766 18766 W busybox : type=1400 audit(0.0:40508): avc: denied { setattr } for name="core_siblings_list" dev=sysfs ino=13111 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:sysfs:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
12-15 03:00:46.580 18742 18742 W vold    : type=1400 audit(0.0:40509): avc: denied { write } for name="bench" dev=mmcblk0p1 ino=37 scontext=u:r:vold:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:efs_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0
12-15 03:00:46.470 18742 18742 W vold    : type=1400 audit(0.0:40499): avc: denied { write } for name="bench" dev=mmcblk0p1 ino=37 scontext=u:r:vold:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:efs_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0
12-15 03:00:46.480   119 18742 E vold    : Failed to open file2: Permission denied
12-15 03:00:46.525 18742 18742 W vold    : type=1400 audit(0.0:40500): avc: denied { write } for name="bench" dev=mmcblk0p1 ino=37 scontext=u:r:vold:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:efs_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0
for example... Hopefully you'll have a look at it :fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• logcat.rar
    68.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
i just wanted to let you know there are some more avc: denied timestamps in the logcat :cowboy:
maybe that's the reason for the compass issue + more... I suppose because of the kernel change to enforcing.
Code:
12-15 03:00:46.533 18763 18763 W busybox : type=1400 audit(0.0:40507): avc: denied { setattr } for name="scaling_governor" dev=sysfs ino=12397 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:sysfs_devices_system_cpu:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
12-15 03:00:46.556 18766 18766 W busybox : type=1400 audit(0.0:40508): avc: denied { setattr } for name="core_siblings_list" dev=sysfs ino=13111 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:sysfs:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
12-15 03:00:46.580 18742 18742 W vold    : type=1400 audit(0.0:40509): avc: denied { write } for name="bench" dev=mmcblk0p1 ino=37 scontext=u:r:vold:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:efs_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0
for example... Hopefully you'll have a look at it :fingers-crossed:

It's because of the app you use to Change them:
scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:

Andi46

Feb 7, 2016
Vechta
It's because of the app you use to Change them:
scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:

Hmm okay, i remember we had such timestamps in the S5 mini LOS 14.1 thread when there was also a change to enforcing. in the end: ...permissive=0
But i'm no pro... :confused: if you find some time i hope you'll look at it. as i said there are quite alot avc: denied ts, not only because of the app L-Speed

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Hey together!

Some of you might have read already on a different thread that i am staying away from Android for some time (not sure yet if i continue later). Private life is complicated at the moment… Lot’s of work in my Job (and looks like it’s not getting better soon…), my gf needs to quit her job (so we’ll only have one income for some time to pay our bills), relationship between me and my gf had better times in the past too…

Well, no need to go more in detail, but I’ve pushed some last Updates for suppported Roms and Devices as a christmas present for you!

Like always: details and downloads can be found here: http://andi34.github.io

I wish you all merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

stevejohnson42

Dec 7, 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
Hey together!

Some of you might have read already on a different thread that i am staying away from Android for some time (not sure yet if i continue later). Private life is complicated at the moment… Lot’s of work in my Job (and looks like it’s not getting better soon…), my gf needs to quit her job (so we’ll only have one income for some time to pay our bills), relationship between me and my gf had better times in the past too…

Well, no need to go more in detail, but I’ve pushed some last Updates for suppported Roms and Devices as a christmas present for you!

Merry Christmas to you and family -- enjoy life and much thanks for your contributions to the Android experience over the years

Reactions: Android-Andi

Andi46

Feb 7, 2016
Vechta
Dir auch Frohe Weihnachten und nen Guten Rutsch

:crying: - not really nice to see and read.
i think my Tab 2 will have EOL the next time...

Aber ich kann vollkommen nachvollziehen dass die persönlichen Umstände dich dazu bewegen ;)
DANKE dass du dir eigentlich für jedes Anliegen! der User die Zeit genommen hast :good::good::good:
Für die Zukunft wünsch ich dir und deiner Familie alles erdenklich Gute :fingers-crossed:
... die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt ...

Reactions: Android-Andi

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for everything you've done for our tabs Andi!
And don't worry, first of all is family and private life, so focus on your things first, and if you have time in the future we'll see you around here ;)
Merry Christmas and s happy new year mate!

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

josehbermudez

May 6, 2013
Just to say THANKS to you @Android-Andi for your GREAT contribution this years to keep alive this device (and others). Normal people don't know what means to be a Dev and don't thank them for their hard work. Devs makes great things receiving no payment and the result is a product for many people to enjoy.
Thanks again Bro...Merry Xmas and best whishes for coming New Year...
Kind Regards from Venezuela

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Yeah, 14th build fixes copy & paste not working.

Lightning didn't got an update about last 6 Months, so let's use something else I have started working on some weeks ago.

Self compiled Chromium with some additions:
- Chromium: disable strict mode
- Chromium: use startpage searchengine by default
- hide passwords.google.com link when not supported
- use Chromium branding in more places
- stop enabling search engine geolocation by default
- add DuckDuckGo search engine
- mark non-secure origins as non-secure
- disable data reduction proxy promotions
- disable first run welcome page
- disable autofill by default
- disable hyperlink auditing by default
- disable metrics by default
- disable network prediction by default
- disable contextual search by default
- disable navigation error correction by default
- enable dubious Do Not Track feature by default

https://github.com/andi34/chromium_patches
https://github.com/andi34/prebuilts_chromium

Chromium only doesn't support h264 encoder for legal reasons.

smart-t78

Jun 24, 2014
www.androidfilehost.com
Yeah, 14th build fixes copy & paste not working.

Lightning didn't got an update about last 6 Months, so let's use something else I have started working on some weeks ago.

Self compiled Chromium with some additions:
- Chromium: disable strict mode
- Chromium: use startpage searchengine by default
- hide passwords.google.com link when not supported
- use Chromium branding in more places
- stop enabling search engine geolocation by default
- add DuckDuckGo search engine
- mark non-secure origins as non-secure
- disable data reduction proxy promotions
- disable first run welcome page
- disable autofill by default
- disable hyperlink auditing by default
- disable metrics by default
- disable network prediction by default
- disable contextual search by default
- disable navigation error correction by default
- enable dubious Do Not Track feature by default

https://github.com/andi34/chromium_patches
https://github.com/andi34/prebuilts_chromium

Chromium only doesn't support h264 encoder for legal reasons.
one word about chromium:)
thanks andi for this very nice web browser.
i use it quiet some time on several different devices besides tab2
its the default browser on all of them and works very well.
the best thing, if theres a problem, damn it...i know the developer:laugh:hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: champ1919

LRob

Jul 19, 2007
Hi, in latest builds of slim6 my p5110 has often reboots, has anyone the same issue?. I have made the latest upgrades by dirty flashing. Can be because that? Thanks in advance .

Enviado do meu Galaxy Tab 2 através do Tapatalk

Long Island NOOBIE

Apr 28, 2014
P5113

Hi, in latest builds of slim6 my p5110 has often reboots, has anyone the same issue?. I have made the latest upgrades by dirty flashing. Can be because that? Thanks in advance .

I dirty flashed the latest build onto my P5113 with positive results. Running nice and smooth with no issues at all. Give it another try. As always, thank you Android-Andi !

guest4711

Some more infos required

Dirty flashing from one subversion of the ROM to a new one should be no harm if not otherwise stated by author of the ROM.

Afaik reboots are often caused by misbehaving apps with system-rights like g-apps or problems with bluetooth stack. To assist you in finding the cause of your problems the usual logs are necessary...

LRob

Jul 19, 2007
I realised that I was using twrp 3.1.1, so changed for latest twrp 3.2 and re-flahshed the ROM, let's see if the issue persists, maybe can be from that!

LRob

Jul 19, 2007
Now everything seems to be OK , no more reboots after the reflash with recovery 3.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Slim6
    [#MARSH]
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSSLIM]

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
    • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
      • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
    • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
      • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
    • SlimRecents
      • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
    • SlimLauncher
      • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
    • Status bar customisations
      • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

[#WARRANTY]

Download:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

[#INFOSLIM]

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] Slim6, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan, SlimRoms
    Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-07-09
    Last Updated 2017-04-30
    Have fun!
    d82a9b15866acb71eb84804563f6deb4.jpg
    65d3bfe6bc5447461e3ac837da9be7a0.jpg
    Slim6 updated! Source rebased on latest AOSP android-6.0.1_r80 tag for 2017-07-01 security patch level.
    Hey together!

If everything goes fine I can release a new build tomorrow.

Before I forget to mention: zip naming will change a little bit, I have reworked my build setup according to our Jenkins on Unlegacy-Android (another project I am working on) last week.
    What does it mean? I hope in future I am able release incremental updates :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone