[ROM][6.x] Slim6

Search This thread

pWEN

Aug 12, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I did a clean flash of the 2.22 build (20190305) and now the notification shade doesn't pull down when on the desktop screen (no apps open). The taskbar at the top with the clock and everything goes away, but the notification shade never appears. Works fine if I'm in an app.

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
I did a clean flash of the 2.22 build (20190305) and now the notification shade doesn't pull down when on the desktop screen (no apps open). The taskbar at the top with the clock and everything goes away, but the notification shade never appears. Works fine if I'm in an app.
Common issue on new DDK it seems. On SlimKat it helped for me to change the background. I'll investigate further.

jrjordao

Apr 21, 2018
I've decided to switch back to a light browser as I haven't had time to update chromium recently and broken 4.4 compatible of chromium on previous builds. Can still be downloaded and installed if needed.

Ok
Been using Bromite browser. Works fine up until v71, on v72 a few pages no longer work.
Keep us posted on the results of your investigation. :)
Thanks for all your work

Last edited:
Reactions: Android-Andi

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Ok
Been using Bromite browser. Works fine up until v71, on v72 a few pages no longer work.
Keep us posted on the results of your investigation. :)
Thanks for all your work
Yeah, I'll try as best as I can if I find time... Life changed a lot since last summer. I am now a stepdad which is great but hard work for me

I installed slim 6 on my P5110. It is much smoother than slim 7 but many apps crashed occasionally.
Please provide proper information when asking for help... Most problems occur when switching between ROMs without cleaning data. So: Did you perform a clean flash?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171226-011054.jpg
    Screenshot_20171226-011054.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 281

tracyiwen

Oct 9, 2018
Please provide proper information when asking for help... Most problems occur when switching between ROMs without cleaning data. So: Did you perform a clean flash?

Yes I cleared everything. I rooted with magisk but did not install gapps. When it crashes, some system settings are reset to default including launcher and accessibility.

Yes I cleared everything. I rooted with magisk but did not install gapps. When it crashes, some system settings are reset to default including launcher and accessibility.
If the user choosen launcher chrashes it is normal to reset the launcher to the default one to avoid crash loops/to give you the chance to react. Same for accessibility.
Because you rooted your phone you should be able to supply a log showing the crash. I'd use MatLog Libre (Material Design logcat reader based on CatLog) - https://f-droid.org/app/com.pluscubed.matloglibre - for this purpose.

Greywolf_Va

Mar 28, 2015
Hi Andi, been away from the custom roms for a bit, but decided to switch to slim for a bit of a change of scenerey as it were. Tried Slim7, liked it until I saw what othters pointed out regarding the lag wiehn you use any gapps after installing software.. but, being the optimist I am, I'm sure in time that issue will get straightened out.. I hear a lot of good things on the slim6 build so going to give it a go and see how it does. Updated my recovery to newest as suggested, and since I still need the gapps support, will go with micro and see how it does with that, as well as install magisk. Will let you know if I come across anything out of the norm. Congrats on being a new step dad! I am in a similar situation with my stepdaughter and my 18 month old stepdaughter. I'm not going to be using the p5113 much more than as a standby tablet for if they need to borrow it for watching movies or a few games or books, so shouldnt be that many issues I feel. I moved up to a Tab A 10.1 due to price and speed over the 5113. I havent looked to see if there is a slim for it yet, but will look when I have time. Again, as always, I appreciate all the work you do for the community at large. May the future hold good things for you and yours, my friend! - Jim

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Also, Andi, sorry for off topic, but the lineage13 thread was closed.. I had wondered what happened to lineage 13/14 being official builds on the lineage site? Sorry in advance if it is a touchy subject, but I was just curious why it stopped being available is all. Just trying to catch up on all I missed since last time I talked with you is all.

Reactions: Android-Andi

Greywolf_Va

Mar 28, 2015
Okay.. Installed current build with TWRP 3.3.0-2, along with Open Gapps-nano, then installed Magisk. (flashed in batch mode), rebooted.. looks fine until I try to switch back to a previously open (in use) app, I get a window on the side of the screen showing recent apps then I get the System UI has crashed error.. Trying with the delta gapps base-arm and see if it duplicates the issue..

Edit: Okay, using the Delta Gapps fixed the issue..

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
@Greywolf_Va yeah, there have been reasons: OT which didn't stoped, etas etc.

On N I lost interest because people tried to force me to release stuff, I did in the end to make them happy but it's not an Android version I really spend time on. there's some stuff around that, but the core reasons.

Lineage cleans builds after a while and since lineage13 isn't official supported builds are gone after one cleanup (don't ask me why they don't keep the latest build at least).
On 14 there's no interest my side for the official tag (it's a tag, nothing else). I am compiling if I like and feel like I can do.

Back on topic here:
About the FC:
If it's reproduceable let me know, maybe reproduce the issue directly after boot and catch a Logcat (logact is a mess if a system is running for some time already)

Reactions: drnightshadow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Slim6
    [#MARSH]
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSSLIM]

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
    • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
      • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
    • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
      • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
    • SlimRecents
      • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
    • SlimLauncher
      • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
    • Status bar customisations
      • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

[#WARRANTY]

Download:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

[#INFOSLIM]

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] Slim6, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan, SlimRoms
    Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-07-09
    Last Updated 2017-04-30
    Slim6 updated! Source rebased on latest AOSP android-6.0.1_r80 tag for 2017-07-01 security patch level.
    Hey together!

Some of you might have read already on a different thread that i am staying away from Android for some time (not sure yet if i continue later). Private life is complicated at the moment… Lot’s of work in my Job (and looks like it’s not getting better soon…), my gf needs to quit her job (so we’ll only have one income for some time to pay our bills), relationship between me and my gf had better times in the past too…

Well, no need to go more in detail, but I’ve pushed some last Updates for suppported Roms and Devices as a christmas present for you!

Like always: details and downloads can be found here: http://andi34.github.io

I wish you all merry Christmas and a Happy new year!
    If everything goes fine I can release a new build tomorrow.

Before I forget to mention: zip naming will change a little bit, I have reworked my build setup according to our Jenkins on Unlegacy-Android (another project I am working on) last week.
    What does it mean? I hope in future I am able release incremental updates :)