[ROM][64BIT][8.1] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for LG STYLO 2 PLUS

Search This thread

LgPWN'd

Jan 18, 2019
@messi2050
Hey I've got the LOS-14 that you made and {either you or someone else} ported to the lg-m210 Aristo and it's running fine on my aristo.
question is what would I have to do to port your LOS 15 to aristo m-210??
any help appreciated Thanks

G

GuestD0701

Hey guys i have a few questions if someone doesn't mind.
The main thing is
If I went from AOKP 7.1.2 to this could I still restore my backup to go back if I needed?

And does Magisk work on this?
(I need it for Pokèmon Go)

Thanks!
Also Messi I ran the other Lineage builds of yours forever but I tend to lean towards more customization.

Thanks in advance though.

I used magisk on this but I don't make backups. I live on the edge. :cyclops: I would think you'd be good though. I've flashed this a few times. I always let it set 20-30 mins or so afterwards and don't mess with it. Seems like things run better that way for me idk. I use Servicely, Franko's kernel updater-aka FKU, Naptime and BBS and my battery is phonominal on pretty much anything now. Those apps are crazy bad ass once you get them all adjusted right. I hear you on customazation ive been on Aicp 64 bit with a kernel I extracted from deadmans lineage 14.1 build and I tore out a few apps and replaced em with apps I use. Viper , Sony beats, dolby Atmos, all magisk mods and I'm stuck. :cowboy:

This rom is dope if you want Oreo. I used it a month and it is a VERY good build! I wish Messi would bust out with some more 8.10 love for us. :cool: He has done alot for us that's for sure. :good: and is MUCH appreciated!!!

Sent from my Stylo 2 Plus using XDA Labs

Reactions: mario0318

Danielhammons1

Apr 12, 2013
Thanks for the reply man(woman? Not sure and some people get offended Lol)
I have 3 things to ask... I think.
01 - Why did you flash it a few times? I mean I figure you switched to something else and back.
Is that correct? Because If I went to this one and could flash another if I chose to go back that would be fine considering I haven't seen any other Oreo builds for this phone. (is this what you meant?)

02 - The kernel thing? I've tried to see about changing the kernel on this but never found anything for this specific phone so is that not an issue now? I've not used custom. Kernels in a while.

03 - And the last thing is that Magisk does work??? Because that's what keeps Pokèmon Go working. Pokèmon Go is why I don't use xposed and that sucks.
I haven't seen anything like ninjamorph in years but I like to edit **** myself.
I wish there was a way to change the notification wallpaper/notification shade or whatever it's called these days. Along with a bunch of other stuff.

If you don't care to message me we can talk more. I tend to check things a million times.
Thanks!

messi2050

Nov 1, 2012
Hey guys i have a few questions if someone doesn't mind.
The main thing is
If I went from AOKP 7.1.2 to this could I still restore my backup to go back if I needed?

And does Magisk work on this?
(I need it for Pokèmon Go)

Thanks!
Also Messi I ran the other Lineage builds of yours forever but I tend to lean towards more customization.

Thanks in advance though.
Hey, yes you should be able to go back to old backups and use magisk.

Danielhammons1

Apr 12, 2013
Thanks!

Hey, yes you should be able to go back to old backups and use magisk.

Alright I'll be switching to this soon. I just wanted to make sure I could go back to my previous backups since they are 7.1.2.
I'm sure I'll like it but I really miss the older versions of Android sometimes because there were ways to change everything.
Like notification backgrounds and the background of your settings menu.
I've looked all over for things like that. Xposed doesn't really do much on nougat so I don't think there is much lol.
The aokp and aicp have quite a bit but still not a lot of the things I look for.
If you know of a way to change pngs like the ninjamorph days let me know. I don't mind doing it manually, if it's possible.
I definitely wanted to try this out though. I loved the other roms you have built but I end up wanting to mess with ****. Haha.
But anyway thanks!

frog357

Apr 23, 2019

I tried to donate tonight but I ran into an issue:

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.
If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

Can you confirm your Paypal account is still active? I was able to send money to someone else recently.

messi2050

Nov 1, 2012
I tried to donate tonight but I ran into an issue:

Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.
If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

Can you confirm your Paypal account is still active? I was able to send money to someone else recently.
Yea the visa linked to my account has expired so I'm unable to recieve donations on it atm, please use this one instead https://paypal.me/messi20500
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: frog357

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
Hey there, I'm gonna try the latest build in a while. Any chance of releasing the device-specific source? I'm quite interested on doing some tests on it.

SomeDooD123

Sep 13, 2010
Hi! Flashed the rom and it works great! The only real issue I'm having is the phone having a weak vibration and my bluetooth headphones not working in calls (stays silence and switches to the phone speaker automatically). Thanks for the rom!

I'm having this issue as well. Specifically not getting call audio thru my bluetooth devices. Any fix out there?

Last edited:

temijun

Oct 1, 2015
Thanks to messi2050 for making his prolific work public so that our beloved ph2n continues to live on. I dug up my old android build notes and kicked off a new lineage 15.1 build.

I can't guarantee that it will work the same as previous builds (since I cobbled together the local manifest file) but a few sanity check on my lg stylo 2 seems to work as before.
Hope this is okay to share: lineage 15.1 x64 folder

Latest Build: lineage-15.1-20190923-UNOFFICIAL-ph2n

If this is fine, I plan to build a new one every 2-3 months.

Feb 2, 2018
I tried installing a custom boot animation after root my Stylo 2 plus both manually and with a couple apps, to no avail. At first, the Metro PCS screen after LG boot screen was replaced by the word Android. I tinkered around and now instead of that, it's just a bank screen until my device is booted. I replaced boot animation.zip in system/media with custom and also placed the custom zip in data/local just to be safe ,but nothing is working. Still black screen. Anybody have a guide for this phone to change it or any advice to troubleshoot? Also, I read about the bootanimation_decrypt.zip, but I didn't do anything with it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maxresdefault.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • FingerPrint
    • tap 2 wake

Known issues:
    • Volte
    • you tell me!

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :

Downloads :
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/t9b8g097ihhu7b4

Credits:
    • Lineage Team

Please Consider donating if you appreciate my work
    https://paypal.me/messi2050

Sources:
    Device:
    https://github.com/messi2050/android_device_lge_ph2n
    https://github.com/messi2050/android_device_lge_msm8937-common

Kernel:
    https://github.com/messi2050/android_kernel_lge_msm8937

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][64BIT][8.1] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for LG STYLO 2 PLUS, ROM for the LG Stylo 2 Plus

Contributors
    messi2050
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Nougat bootloader

Version Information

Created 2018-05-03
    Last Updated 2019-05-09
    Hello
    New update is coming with hotspot fix and excellent battery life (check attachments), make sure to hit the thanks button to show your support, stay tuned.
    Which changes i didn't use a single commit from your repos :p, you even don't have oreo sources yet :p

You just so happen to enable dual band wifi, and update the power scripts to the latest caf all on your own and not get it from the sd4xx repos? Even though we committed the same thing weeks ago The changes apply to both oreo and nougat.
    LineageOs 15.1 build number #5 (stable) (03-08-18)

Changelogs:
    -Hotspot fix ?
    -Fix critical cpu api bug
    -improved battery life
    -improved performance
    -lower max volume
    -July security patch

Download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/t9b8g097ihhu7b4

Please make sure to hit the thanks button