[ROM][7.0.0_r14] Nutty | OMS | VoLTE & Fi | 10.08.16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RokuP

Jan 13, 2011
are those recommended have other problems
99% are not and one good reason among others not to use mini with this ROM is you will not have a freakin keyboard. Little bit difficult for most to work around that. More likely source of problems is a custom Kernel? What has been tweaked?

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

So, I have been having some issues that have popped up since Friday. Random lockups to black screen, have to hold power button for 10 secs for it to reboot and second the volume profile changes on me randomly. I followed the instructions below:

1. Download GooglePackageInstaller.apk
2. Clean flash 9/25 ROM build
3. Flash 9/25 Stock OpenGapps
4. Flash root or whatever else you normally do.
5. Reboot TWRP, tap Mount, check system.
6. Return to TWRP main menu, tap Advanced, then File Manager.
7. Find GooglePackageInstaller.apk and copy to /system/priv-app/GooglePackageInstaller/

Anyone having these issues?
Did you flash a custom Kernel?

Last edited:

Isley_

Mar 11, 2014
If I'm on N already, can I dirty flash this ROM or will doing that cause some kind of problem?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

xtc_24

Jun 25, 2013
Riyadh
Coming from clean flashed Nutty latest version, followed installation instructions posted in OP, i am facing issues with installing apk's from int. storage/usb-otg.

Error: Problem parsing the package...

checked everything, usb debugging, unknown sources, but still not able to install apps except the ones from playstore.

my flashing process:
full wipe
flash latest radio & bootloader (since this is my first time on nougat)
flash rom
flash open stock gapps
flash supersu2.78
googleinstallerpackage fix
reboot

Shadow-Nexus

May 13, 2011
Phoenix
Random thing about Nougat:

Does it bother anyone else that when quick replying to a notification, it doesn't go away? It's such a minor inconvenience but when you're in the middle of a conversation, it can get old fast

Reactions: rodohmes

GeekMcLeod

Apr 27, 2012
Niagara Falls
I'm digging the ROM but the Package Installer keeps crashing whenever I try to do things such as grant Chrome the permission to access my storage.

I can't remember the exact solution but it involves replacing the package installer apk. Search the thread and I'm sure you'll find the proper post. I think it may have even been quoted a page or 2 ago.

Reactions: brando56894

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Dude. It's there. Read. Profit.

FYI no where on XDA does it say 'open sourced community'. Only kernel's are required to be open sourced due to the license they have, the rest of it does not.
Honestly missed your rom source link in the OP. If it was there prior to my post I apologize. But it's not a lot of source code... But who am I to judge, you do what you do... Was hoping to see your device source but no need for it now since I got things booting on my end. I guess the misconception of open source community comes from the XDA Wiki.
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principle that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask.

Good day to you sir...

L

LarappsOfDongle

Honestly missed your rom source link in the OP. If it was there prior to my post I apologize. But it's not a lot of source code... But who am I to judge, you do what you do... Was hoping to see your device source but no need for it now since I got things booting on my end. I guess the misconception of open source community comes from the XDA Wiki.
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principle that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask.

Good day to you sir...
It also says XDA is not a place to make money but your pretty much begging for it in your Sig?

NeCr0mStR

Jul 31, 2012
I'm digging the ROM but the Package Installer keeps crashing whenever I try to do things such as grant Chrome the permission to access my storage.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68887969&postcount=4010

Not exactly the right page, but it gets you there. Steps 1 and 5-7:

1. Download GooglePackageInstaller.apk

5. Return to TWRP main menu, tap Mount, check system.
6. Return to TWRP main menu, tap Advanced, then File Manager.
7. Find GooglePackageInstaller.apk and copy to /system/priv-app/GooglePackageInstaller/

jibust

Apr 7, 2011
Random thing about Nougat:

Does it bother anyone else that when quick replying to a notification, it doesn't go away? It's such a minor inconvenience but when you're in the middle of a conversation, it can get old fast

Actually, I think this is more of an app bug than a Nougat bug. This only happens to me on Whatsapp, Hangouts, Messenger are fine. Also Whatsapp is the only app that will not show me my recent reply on the notification, meaning I have to open the app to make sure I actually responded.

I did report it to Whatsapp while running the Dev preview a while ago, but you know, nothing happened as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't say much in these forums cuz I'm old and don't have the patience. If I run into problems, they're usually my fault anyway so I read and fix them myself. I really don't take the time to talk about how great the developers are cuz everyone knows already.

However,

This guy here, @RatchetPanda, is so much smarter than I was at his age that it blows my mind. And he's on here every single day with the patience of a saint answering almost every ridiculous, already asked-and-answered question people come up with. I'm sure he gets annoyed, but he rarely shows it. He's always helping people and teaching people and having fun it seems. That's pretty rare these days and is the way XDA should be, the way it was intended to be. People learning and having fun.

TLDR let's all take the time to thank his posts, especially the OP if you haven't already. He does so much for you, the least you can do is hit the thanks button when he helps someone out, even if it's not you. He's what XDA is all about.

Ben, thanks brother. You're the best. Sorry for the off topic rant.
    Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

The change log page isnt coming up. Its returning an error.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Nutty-Nexus Changelog
    Tabbed over aren’t done, tabbed normal is done. Just done to keep track. - RP
    09-14-2016
    Fixed permissions for GApps.
    Fixed rotation settings force close.
    Fixed unknown Nutty-Version in About phone.
    Added LED control.
    Added option to wake/not wake on plug.
    Added volume key cursor control.
    Added 3Minit battery support.
    Added double tap to wake option.
    Added IME selector notification toggle.
    Added option to swap volume keys.
    Added longpress back to kill.
    Added bluetooth battery status with an option to disable.
    Added option to control media volume at any time.
    Added options for less frequent notifications.
    Added volume rocker music controls and wake.
    Changed minimum password and pattern length to 1.
    Changed boot to not end until keyguard done drawing, so it doesn’t show homescreen before.
    Removed VPN needing keyguard set.
    Improved heads up settings.
    Added whitelist.
    Improved expanded statusbar.
    Hid the wrench icon on the settings gear in expanded statusbar when SystemUI Tuner is enabled.
    Improved settings.
    Enabled SystemUI Tuner by default since people did not know this existed.
    Moved SystemUI Tuner to same category as SystemUI Settings.
    Development settings hidden when turned off.
    Enabled AppOps.
    Improved battery life.
    UI on keyguard is not refreshed on time change (every second) so standby time will improve.
    Clock won’t refresh when screen off, only when screen turns on.
    Improved security.
    Passwords are hidden by default.
    Maximum length doubled to 32.
    Flashing Instructions

This is an update to my previous guide that should be simpler and universal to any Nutty ROM build. The 9/25 build is currently the most stable and of daily driver quality.

If you haven't previously flashed Nougat, you'll need the flashable bootloader and radio first.

1. Download the attached "gapps-config.txt" (right-click, Save link as...) and save in the same location on your phone as you will have the Gapps zip.
    2. Clean flash the build of your choice (Note: Use the 9/25 ROM build for ultimate stability and a daily driver).
    3. Flash 10/09 STOCK OpenGapps specifically.
    4. Flash this Chainfire SuperSU specifically if root is desired.
    5. Reboot. First boot can take a few minutes and may loop a few times, don't panic!

9/25 build only, after initial boot:
    • Disable "Block gesture touch events" in Developer options.
    " If not, then this is exactly why we make them." - oh really? :D
    I know that it is blind-built. I'm not accusing RP, just wanted to know how complicated is the bug fix, is it being built now and how long it might take to build and upload to AFH. :eek:

Cool, will try 09/06 + 09/24 now, thx

No etas on XDA ever, period.
    @Mazda
    I'd like to clear up some things. I saw your post on G+ about Nutty-Nexus being kanged after you saw GitHub.com/Nutty-Nexus. That was testing out how GitHub worked and learning the basics, I used PureNexus's repos to figure out how stuff worked. No I was not kanging PureNexus, simply learning GitHub by forking his repos and cherry picking stuff. If you actually download it try to build it, it will fail on compile. It was just practice. If you'd like to look at the source that the official build was based on I can send it to you. :good:
    No one gives a damn what Alex Cruz thinks anyway. Except his Cruzettes.

Don't let him bother you!!!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone