• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.0_r7][UNOFFICIAL]Slim7 [XT16xx][Athene]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rahulsnair

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 7, 2013
Kottarakkara
Read the help thread linked below before you point out issues here. It has been created specifically to help users to adapt to custom roms easier. Before you post your issue, check if it has already been reported and if a fix has already been mentioned. I wont be answering issues that are already answered. And keep in mind :- For the issue to get solved , post with proper logs.
QnA HELP THREAD
  • Make use of the feature request tab for requesting new feature and bug report tab to report bugs with logs.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FoCjAl3F.png
SlimRoms presents: Slim7 Nougat
SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim7 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 7.X.X Nougat.

Although some of these may not be present yet in the ROM, Slim typically offers the following original features:

• Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
    • Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
  • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
    • Customize your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
  • SlimRecents
    • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
  • SlimLauncher
    • An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home.
  • Status bar customization
    • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

Important links:

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Unofficial Downloads - Slimify your device!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Device Tree - The Tree of your device

Get in touch! - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Flashing instructions:

Coming from another ROM, OR if a CLEAN FLASH is required
1) Download the Slim7 zip file (See Post #2)
2) Download a 7.0 GApps package(optional - See Post #2)
3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
5) Flash the Slim7 zip file
6) Flash Nougat-compatible GApps
7) Reboot

Updating from previous Slim7 release if no clean flash is required
2) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
3) Flash the Slim7 zip file
4) Reboot
5) Please give first boot a good few minutes

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
If you have issues, I need the following:

Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure.
A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.

Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

XDA:DevDB Information
Slim7, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
rahulsnair, vache
Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-12-02
Last Updated 2016-12-05

Attachments

• photo245883463653241478.jpg
    photo245883463653241478.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 751
  • photo245883463653241477.jpg
    photo245883463653241477.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 747

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
Thanks for the build. Are oms3 commits included (substratum support)? I just hope slim team does not keeps crippling their builds... They used to be the best, long ago, then started messing everything...

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Slim7 is not pre-rooted?
I couldn't find this either while trying this ROM in my multiboot environment. Installed SuperSu (sr5) however, and it works fine!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=55256620
Edit: the rom is really slim... Guess that the purpose of it. There's not even an advanced reboot menu in the developer options...
Navigation bar settings giving me a forced close.
Sent from my XT1642 using Tapatalk on CyanogenMod 14.1 (dualboot)

Last edited:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
I couldn't find this either while trying this ROM in my multiboot environment. Installed SuperSu (sr5) however, and it works fine!
Edit: the rom is really slim... Guess that the purpose of it. There's not even an advanced reboot menu in the developer options...

Advanced reboot is usually under "Security" in slim.

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately not found... @Silesh.Nair:I love your dualboot! CyanMod as my base and a second or third environment to test roms! One flaw though. If I messed up a secondary rom too much and it won't boot anymore, it's good to have a backup! There's no way to choose in recovery what rom to boot...

Last edited:

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Ok, gave this rom a good try. All major things work properly. Didn't detect any random reboots, or whatever! Some things as still missing though:
1. An advanced reboot option.
2. The option to edit the navigation bar.
3. An option to toggle the led off while charging the phone.
4. Maybe pre-root the rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read the help thread linked below before you point out issues here. It has been created specifically to help users to adapt to custom roms easier. Before you post your issue, check if it has already been reported and if a fix has already been mentioned. I wont be answering issues that are already answered. And keep in mind :- For the issue to get solved , post with proper logs.
    QnA HELP THREAD
    • Make use of the feature request tab for requesting new feature and bug report tab to report bugs with logs.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FoCjAl3F.png
    SlimRoms presents: Slim7 Nougat
    SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim7 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 7.X.X Nougat.

Although some of these may not be present yet in the ROM, Slim typically offers the following original features:

• Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
      • Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
    • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
      • Customize your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
    • SlimRecents
      • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
    • SlimLauncher
      • An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home.
    • Status bar customization
      • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

Important links:

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Unofficial Downloads - Slimify your device!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Device Tree - The Tree of your device

Get in touch! - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Flashing instructions:

Coming from another ROM, OR if a CLEAN FLASH is required
    2) Download a 7.0 GApps package(optional - See Post #2)
    3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash the Slim7 zip file
    6) Flash Nougat-compatible GApps
    7) Reboot

Updating from previous Slim7 release if no clean flash is required
    2) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
    3) Flash the Slim7 zip file
    4) Reboot
    5) Please give first boot a good few minutes

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
    If you have issues, I need the following:

Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure.
    A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.

Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Slim7, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    rahulsnair, vache
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-12-02
    Last Updated 2016-12-05

You can do that by flashing the dualboot utilities zip file.

https://dbp.noobdev.io/files/9.1.0.r38.g5d5b401/Utilities/DualBootUtilities-9.1.0.r38.g5d5b401.zip

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the build. Are oms3 commits included (substratum support)? I just hope slim team does not keeps crippling their builds... They used to be the best, long ago, then started messing everything...

Slim7 doesn't support oms(substratum)..