[ROM][7.1.1][A3F][A3H][A3M] LineageOS 14.1 Unofficial for Samsung Galaxy A3

Search This thread

Skrifoxx

Feb 11, 2018
san salvador
Yes, i did that but only appears in the "SD Card" the same thing (memory space) as the internal.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

I'm thinking in 2 ways at this moment (except going back to stock). If this phone can handle OTG, try to flash the device, if not... Do nothing. And, searching in a way to install CWM (I don't know if CWM exists for this device).

What kind of version do you have ?

Beatz106

Jul 25, 2018
Yep sir it doesn't have any kind of bug
I'm trying the next Saturday... I'm giving the results between next week or... Is possible to flash recovery without the OS too? Because it take some time flashing all things again (ROM -> Root -> Recovery) (I don't have a PC, I'm able to pay internet cafe only and the drivers installing is so slow)

Beatz106

Jul 25, 2018
Hey Hey Hey, as Taylor Swift said :laugh:

I've installed today (with too much luck because normally is impossible and i had good time because i've installed the ROM, next the Root) the Recovery mod, it appeared to work... I'm trying to install the Lineage ROM tonight... Luck please

Bad English, sorry...

Reactions: Skrifoxx

Beatz106

Jul 25, 2018
Yep sir it doesn't have any kind of bug
Hi again, now the ROM is installed. Here the first results

IMEI Working (SIM + Data too)
FM Radio with bugs: can't record content on air: when I press "Stop Recording" the app stays without response. The application stops responding, starts to give problems with the volume control, in addition to that, other applications stop working as the music player, until finally the message "System UI has stopped responding". It is solved only by waiting for an automatic reboot of the system in a few minutes or doing it manually. Another bug is when trying to change the station manually, there is only the window with the current station, followed by the "Set" and "cancel" buttons. The buttons to change the station are in 2 white stripes. As the version of the application is the same that came in the ROM of CM 5.1 for S3 Neo, I already managed through that menu.
Camera Working (doing basic test only)
Without Gapps installed, the phone can't be usable (can't listen to calls)
More tests can be presented by me tomorrow!

Beatz106

Jul 25, 2018
I'm back with the 2nd test day: The ROM is unable to access to the contacts saved in the SIM card (Works in CM 5.1 for S3 Neo, which means that it is not a SIM problem, since also in LOS 14.1 for S3 Neo presents the same problem.)

The option to watch the network's traffic in the status bar is gone, the same with the option for locking apps in the running apps menu (long pressing the home button)

When I activate the navigation bar, the physical buttons are still active.

The alarm works well with stock clock app...

The battery discharges a bit fast for me.

More soon...

Beatz106

Jul 25, 2018
Hi, me again with a way to stop (even a bit) the battery drain, related with NFC

SM-A300H USERS ONLY

1. Go to: https://forum. xda-developers. com/galaxy-nexus/help/nfc-service-crashed-continually-bootup-t2123869 (join the link, due the level of my profile, I am unable to post URLs)
2. Then install "NFC Check" and "AIDA64" apps from Google Play.
3. For Verification, in NFC Check, the application identifies and indicates that the phone has NFC but it is off, the rest is not of interest (I do not even remember what else it said :D ) And in AIDA64, going to "System" and sliding, going down to "Device Features" it says something about NFC
4. You must have Root activated and you must install an advanced File Manager (Solid Explorer recommended)
5. In the link there are instructions with files to be deleted, in addition to following these instructions it is necessary to take into account that, in this ROM, some of the aforementioned files do not exist with the exception of "/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.nfc.xml" (which must be deleted) you also have to go to the following addresses and delete the following:

1. Go to /system/etc and delete libnfc-brcm.conf and libnfc-sec-hal.conf
2. Go to /system/etc/permissions and delete android.hardware.nfc.hce.xml
3. Go to /system/priv-app and delete the "Tag" folder. Don't worry for their content.
Go to the build.prop and search for this line: "ro.nfc.sec_hal=true and change to " false"

Returning to the link, more text appears in the instructions, some directories as files mentioned from "KEEP THESE" have not been tested for elimination (it could probably improve the battery life), with the above means that it is under exclusive responsibility of the curious to prove if the elimination of said files entails side effects, this despite the fact that the thread is old and is made from the Nexus forum but we must not give confidence about that.

Now, going to the notification bar, the NFC button has disappeared, the "NFC Check" says "No NFC module was found on your device" and AIDA64, the NFC "features" is gone.

Skrifoxx

Feb 11, 2018
san salvador
Hi, me again with a way to stop (even a bit) the battery drain, related with NFC

SM-A300H USERS ONLY

1. Go to: https://forum. xda-developers. com/galaxy-nexus/help/nfc-service-crashed-continually-bootup-t2123869 (join the link, due the level of my profile, I am unable to post URLs)
3. For Verification, in NFC Check, the application identifies and indicates that the phone has NFC but it is off, the rest is not of interest (I do not even remember what else it said :D ) And in AIDA64, going to "System" and sliding, going down to "Device Features" it says something about NFC
4. You must have Root activated and you must install an advanced File Manager (Solid Explorer recommended)
5. In the link there are instructions with files to be deleted, in addition to following these instructions it is necessary to take into account that, in this ROM, some of the aforementioned files do not exist with the exception of "/system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.nfc.xml" (which must be deleted) you also have to go to the following addresses and delete the following:

3. Go to /system/priv-app and delete the "Tag" folder. Don't worry for their content.
Go to the build.prop and search for this line: "ro.nfc.sec_hal=true and change to " false"

Returning to the link, more text appears in the instructions, some directories as files mentioned from "KEEP THESE" have not been tested for elimination (it could probably improve the battery life), with the above means that it is under exclusive responsibility of the curious to prove if the elimination of said files entails side effects, this despite the fact that the thread is old and is made from the Nexus forum but we must not give confidence about that.

Now, going to the notification bar, the NFC button has disappeared, the "NFC Check" says "No NFC module was found on your device" and AIDA64, the NFC "features" is gone.

That should work to decrease battery drain though :fingers-crossed:

romainbh

Mar 3, 2019
Thanks a lot for your work!

Tested on A300F, unfortunately I can't turn on the wifi.
I tested some fix like this but without success.

Magissia

May 9, 2012
Someone have audio problems with vincent's build ? (Audio works few seconds then no audio output)

Last edited:

Beatz106

Jul 25, 2018

SM-A300H USERS ONLY

After the warning given previous posts based on the instructions provided by the author of the instructions from the "KEEP THESE", I have decided to test this precaution by eliminating the following libraries and files:

Go to: /system/etc/permissions/ and delete com.android.nfc_extras.xml
Go to: /system/framework and delete com.android.nfc_extras.jar

in this ROM, from the address "/system/lib" there are two different files that the mentioned libnfc_jni.so, these are" libnfc-nci.so "and" libnfc-_nci_jni.so ", both should be deleted. Based on the file libnfc_ndef.so must be kept for anything, because in the ROM LOS 14.1 installed in the S3 Neo if it has that file, and according to the post of the link says the author of the instructions that brings conflicts with the Bluetooth, I decided not to take another step forward.

Now I'm looking for information on some solution to the problem of FM radio recording, which by the way, not even Shazam works, probably also requires the same to identify the music, and as it can not, presents almost the same problems as if he were recording from the radio application. Even, as I do not use ANT+ I also looked for information where I can safely delete the service

Dec 30, 2010

SM-A300H USERS ONLY

I had wakelock on my A300M and I saw NFC service on battery stats, so I renamed nfcnci.apk to nfcnci.apk.bak in /system/app/nfcnci/ and the wakelock it's gone :good:
Edit.
Another important thing, I disabled Adaptive Low Memory Killer, because all the apps and chrome tabs were being killed in background

Last edited:
Reactions: Beatz106

Sarath_sh

May 20, 2019
So, wanted to report some bugs on 7.1.2
WiFi not working
Hotspot not working .
Is there anyway to make it work?
From A300FU
Edit: sorry its working just fine now..its obvious there is a small bug..but its not a big one.everything works just fine.Instagram is also working.an almost perfect ROM for this model.thanks devs.

Last edited:
Hey!
Thx for the detailed explanation @Beatz106.
Can someone explain to me how those codes or sections are responsible for the battery drain? For example: why should system/etc and delete libnfc-brcm.conf and libnfc-sec-hal.conf help? What exactly is prevented or avoided and what is libnfc-brcm.conf? I get that it has to do something with NFC but why exactly or better what does the NFC do that triggers the battery drain?

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova
Hello, i just installed the latest version of the rom, coming from samsung stock firmware, for the FU variant.
Everything during installation went good, but i can't get nor wifi or cellular data to work.
Does there's a specific fix for this? Or maybe i forgot to flash something first, like a kernel or samsung firmware?

FIXED: For the cellular data bug, just reboot the phone. It will disappear by itself.
For the wifi, i needed to flash the latest stock samsung firmware via Odin first, and just then flash the Rom. That fixed it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

LineageOS 14.1 Unofficial for Samsung Galaxy A3 (2015)​

Currently supported variants:
    * SM-A300F
    * SM-A300H
    * SM-A300M
    * SM-A300FU

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * The ROM is under developement and have some bugs.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. By flashing this ROM, you accept this disclaimer.
    */

BUGS:
    * U can find :)

2a0e1xv.jpg

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy A3 (2015)

NOTE: THIS ROM IS MADE FOR GALAXY A3, OBVIOUSLY IT WILL NOT WORK ON ANY OTHER DEVICE.

Uploading my files elsewhere is not appreciated, if you need to upload my files, just use the links provided here. Thanks.

Download link to the latest build: (Developement and Updates provided by @vl_w)

For A300F/H/M/FU -> DOWNLOAD

Other useful links:
    * Google Apps (choose arm and for Android 7.1):

v3WMXKl.jpg

* Steps for a Clean Install:
    1) Put the .zip file in Internal or External Storage.
    2) Reboot in Recovery Mode (Using TWRP/CWM Recovery)
    3) Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache and format /System
    4) Install the ROM.
    5) Flash the Google Apps.
    6) Reboot and Enjoy!

Contributors:
    vl_w, @Bulgaricus (Help with kernel bugs), @bernardwu (Testing), @Jonny_Hood (Testing)

Sources:

Version Information:
    ROM Status: Stable
    ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Any Bootloader and Modem.
    Based On: LineageOS 14.1

Created: 2017-01-05
    Last Updated: 2017-05-25
    Update LineageOS 14.1 #0330

Download link

Changes:
    • New RILs (faster cell data and better signal level)
    • New camera service (yeah, fast flashlight and better quality w/o bugs)
    • Fixed in-call sound for each sim
    • Fixed emergency calls
    • Fixed FM (full fix)
    • FU model now supported
    • More fast and stable
    • Maybe fixed encryption
    • And etc....
    Waiting for ur replies
    Update LineageOS 14.1 #0525

Download

Changes:
    • Android 7.1.2
    • Securiry updates: May 5th
    • Re-wrote RIL-classes (signal strength has improved, fixed end-call status and sound, emerency calls etc.)
    • Kernel security updates (CVE fixes)
    • Fixed battery leak caused by NFC
    • Full updated GPS
    • Fixed randomly "Wi-Fi not working" issue
    • Fixed crash apps that are using secure authotization (for example, Instagram)
    • Haptic vibrator improvements
    • Faster boot-up
    • New browser
    • New gallery app
    • Kernel now built with Linaro 4.8
    • Fixed Bluetooth with audio-devices issues
    • Fixed lockscreen blur
    • Using force TTL (64)
    • Updated video-drivers
    • Kernel upgraded to 3.10.55
    • Common optimization and stability improvements
    • And more..

Waiting for ur replies :)
    The last activity of vl_w here on xda is on 18th Sep while the room was uploaded to androidfilehost on 16th Sep. So I guess there's a little chance he put something here.
    I'm still working on new release.
    Also I'm working on lineage-15.0 photo_2017-11-11_13-32-23.jpg
    Update LineageOS 14.1 #0206

Changes:
    • Fixed cellular data
    • Fixed AP
    • Fixed camera and flashlight
    • Fixed ram usage (now on system start <500MB used)
    • Updated in-kernel graphics drivers (yeah, 5 pages of commits)
    • February security patch
    • Perfomance increased
    • A lot of little fixes. All changes u can see on my Github
    And yeah, on next build will optimized system-animations, energy-using and multi-tasking.

This rom I already using as primary, all working fastly.
    Waiting for ur replies :)