[ROM][7.1.1][J500F/M/FN][OMS] Unofficial Slim7 Nougat for Galaxy J5 [Build0.13]

Search This thread

EsromTech

Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2012
São Paulo

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim7 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and offers the following original features:
  • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
    • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
  • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
    • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
  • SlimRecents
    • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
  • SlimLauncher
    • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
  • Status bar customisations
    • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

Important links:

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Downloads - Slimify your device!

Unofficial Downloads J500F and M - Build0.13

Unofficial Downloads J500FN - Build0.13

For information on bugs, requirements, notes and more, read the second post.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Can you pour me some coffee?

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimRoms Slim7 Android Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
EsromG5
Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader LP and Modem MM (modem mm for FM works)
Based On: Aosp, Slim

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Build0.13
Beta Release Date: 2017-02-15

Created 2017-02-15
Last Updated 2017-03-04

Attachments

• 803114481_7159.jpg
    803114481_7159.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 18,145
  • 803115385_7187.jpg
    803115385_7187.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 18,068
  • 803116266_7323.jpg
    803116266_7323.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 18,040
K

krishnasaha95

wooow j5 developement is skyrocking this month, i will install it when theres the proper incall audio (im not crying for fix, just sayin)

Amarius1

Aug 7, 2016
Craiova
Why don't you concentrate first resolving issues on the other roms? What is the sense of releasing every kind of roms but with the same issues?
WelI think it is just as good making normal roms. The in-call isue and other bugs are related across all N roms so that means that if it gets fixed on one then you'll have all the other roms fixed in a small matter of time and now you have 3 working Nougat roms instead of one non functioning rom

Koloses

Jul 29, 2011
Zielona Góra
WelI think it is just as good making normal roms. The in-call isue and other bugs are related across all N roms so that means that if it gets fixed on one then you'll have all the other roms fixed in a small matter of time and now you have 3 working Nougat roms instead of one non functioning rom

Not at all. At the moment you have a lot of not working ROM that are not going to work, because if you look at their github, you'll see that authors most likely lack knowledge needed to make them work. Building every ROM available using the same base is a waste of time (and distraction for users) if one can't even fix your issues in one of them. Plus moving to newer version of android without having the previous one fully working is a suicide run. Nougat has a lot of complex changes in it's sources and it doesn't even fully work on some officially supported devices, so don't expect a good ROM of Android 7.1.1 anytime soon and flooding forums with multiple ROMs having the same issues is not going to help it.

Amarius1

Aug 7, 2016
Craiova
Not at all. At the moment you have a lot of not working ROM that are not going to work, because if you look at their github, you'll see that authors most likely lack knowledge needed to make them work. Building every ROM available using the same base is a waste of time (and distraction for users) if one can't even fix your issues in one of them. Plus moving to newer version of android without having the previous one fully working is a suicide run. Nougat has a lot of complex changes in it's sources and it doesn't even fully work on some officially supported devices, so don't expect a good ROM of Android 7.1.1 anytime soon and flooding forums with multiple ROMs having the same issues is not going to help it.
Well... You are right sir. In-call audio is really really important and I wish someone knew why it was happening..

Koloses

Jul 29, 2011
Zielona Góra
I didn't mean in call audio. I meant this ROM doesn't even boot normally and they have no clue why, yet instead of trying to debug they release bunch of not working builds. Camera doesn't work and it will not work since you'd either have to use updated open source HAL or revert Nougat media changes and it won't be a surprise if I'll tell you they have no idea how to do it. The only real devs, who knew what they were doing left because their work was posted by someone else and now he's making blind commits in hope that things will magically fix themself. They won't. I might as well tell you that development on J5 is dead unless someone new with actual knowledge steps in. Don't expect any significant changes. We can't even take patches from any other msm8916 devices, because they have more advanced development and use a lot of open source projects instead of prebuilt libs like we do. Even camera in CM13 is not fully fixed because open source cam doesn't work for us and after debugging it for 3 weeks I've still didn't come up with reliable solution to make it work (only made some errors dissapear).

Last edited:

EsromTech

Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2012
São Paulo

You're not totally sure.
Creating new roms is just to try to see if there are different results and not just to flood the forum with crap.
The name of the forum is XDA - DEVELOPERS, this means that it is of full use to developers, if the person does not know how to help, it just stays silent while someone else can do it. Your help in testing is much appreciated since we are trying to do something free for you, and still prefer to say things like that.
I thank you and respect your concept, but try to help instead.

Well... You are right sir. In-call audio is really really important and I wish someone knew why it was happening..

The problem with incall and other stuff is already encountered by SoUnd001, but the big problem is that we're not hitting what it does so it's not booted, you're getting errors with incall and stuff because of the patch you're installing, not because of Rom or current kernel.

NOTICE:
I'm finishing a build for J500FN, we know it may not start properly, but I want to know the result for these users. I hope the sooner I have it all working.

W@@!3Z

Sep 18, 2015
Johannesburg
Considering our device only has Marshmallow we can afford to deal with some bugs. If i read correctly RR 6.0.1 only has the radio bug so we have a working Marshmallow rom. The next logical step is to make Nougat and they do not have a kernel thats Nougat based so thats why they are running into problems and why we have to use patches. Im almost 100% sure that once we get official Nougat to our device, 99% of the bugs in these roms will disappear

Last edited:
Reactions: EsromTech

Gent'

Apr 5, 2016
Mitrovica
Considering that they have built nougat from source when our device only has Marshmallow we can afford to deal with some bugs. If i read correctly RR 6.0.1 only has the radio bug so we have a working Marshmallow rom. The next logical step is to make Nougat and they do not have a kernel thats Nougat based so thats why they are running into problems and why we have to use patches. Im almost 100% sure that once we get official Nougat to our device, 99% of the bugs in these roms will disappear
I think there will not be an official nougat firmware from Samsung.

Koloses

Jul 29, 2011
Zielona Góra
You're not totally sure.
Creating new roms is just to try to see if there are different results and not just to flood the forum with crap.

FYI: ALL custom ROM are using the same hardware repo's maintained by CAF, CM(Lineage now) or AOSP. There won't be any different results. The most important repos are all the same. The fact that you don't know that and your friend's github sources show that there is nothing to be helped. You're just playing games with users pretending you could make things work. What for? In the end they will be the ones left with nothing but promises. People, who could actually do something left, because someone took their work and published it to take all the applause for it and now you're blindly trying changes hoping they would somehow fix things.

Considering that they have built nougat from source
They built from the source already made by ganesh. Their own changes are blindly trying things that have no right to work in the first place. Builiding android from someone's ready sources is like walk in a park.

I think there will not be an official nougat firmware from Samsung.
Certainly not for J5 2015, maybe 2016 but it could benefit us anyway since these devices are similiar.

I'm done, Moderator will probably soon come and delete my posts since all they care about is keeping forum clean. You may consider this device dead at the moment.

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Considering that they have built nougat from source when our device only has Marshmallow we can afford to deal with some bugs.

I understand from your post that Sound001 or EsromG5 did the hard work, but its not like that.

@Nick Verse and @ganesh varma were the ones who built cm12.1 and cm13 from source. They were also working on cm14 source while they were working on cm13.

So, please edit your post and dont mislead people.

Koloses said everything.

Since Nick and Ganesh left J5 development because their project which were working on was posted by someone else, the issues of Nougat CM/AOSP based roms wont be solved.

This:

I might as well tell you that development on J5 is dead unless someone new with actual knowledge steps in.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim7 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and offers the following original features:
    • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
      • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
    • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
      • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
    • SlimRecents
      • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
    • SlimLauncher
      • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
    • Status bar customisations
      • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

Important links:

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Downloads - Slimify your device!

Unofficial Downloads J500F and M - Build0.13

Unofficial Downloads J500FN - Build0.13

For information on bugs, requirements, notes and more, read the second post.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Can you pour me some coffee?

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms Slim7 Android Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    EsromG5
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader LP and Modem MM (modem mm for FM works)
    Based On: Aosp, Slim

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Build0.13
    Beta Release Date: 2017-02-15

Created 2017-02-15
    Last Updated 2017-03-04
    Reserved

What works?
    • RIL (Calls, sms, data)
    • Bluetooth (also with audio)
    • Camcorder
    • Camera general (1080p works fine)
    • Video Playback
    • Dados and RIL
    • Wifi
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • Flash
    • Hostpot
    • InCall
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • FM (use modem MM)

What does not work?
    • No, you tell me

Notice:
    n/a
    New update for F, M and FN models - To download checke link in post # 1

It was a slow time to stop to correct the biggest mistakes, so now we are well advanced, so I and @SoUnd001 (thanks) were to update the other roms.

Changelog for this new update slim7:
    • Fixed InCall
    • Fixed Hotspot
    • Fixed Audio over Bluetooth
    • New upgrades for slim7 build 0.13
    • New driver updates primas
    • Improvements to wifi
    • Improvements with new RIL for calls and more ...

Persistent Bug:
    • Only FM for now.
    I think this update will end the discussion and shut up people who doubt other developers.

For J500F / M users, you can install this update.

Slim-j5ltexx-7.1.1.build.0.11-UNOFFICIAL-20170216-1514.zip

Changelog:
    Fixed installation without patch.
    Updated Slim7 sources.

Notice:
    I need you to now logcat to errors...please, report errors and make logcat.

As I said, I arrived here without knowing who the old developers were, so if I used their sources it was to help you and not get applause from anyone, donate to anyone who wants to, thank anyone who wants ... but who does not want, just go away.

Thanks to the early developers for the initial work.