• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [7.1.1] Modded & Updated AW 2.35 lenok2dory (Android 8 style)

Search This thread

SokkolG

Jun 22, 2021
The white spot is intentional. In WearOS 2.0, you can only access some features with a hardware button. Because the G Watch does not have a physical side button, this white spot serves as that. It is a virtual button that emulates the button on the later-released G Watch R.

I also have the same issue with the "fastboot continue" command. However, I only started to experience this when I unpaired the watch and it tried to do a factory reset. Maybe the boot flags were messed up, but I have no idea. I'll try the fastboot continue command and see if I can get it to work. I haven't tried that since when I started having the issue, I just left my watch be.

EDIT: I didn't see OP's response when writing this. Basically this can be ignored :)
I apologize for my late reply, I went on vacation and completely forgot about this forum. The watch somehow fixed itself and started booting into the system correctly the next day. Still, I decided to roll back on a more stable rom until this one is completed. Thank you for your efforts!

SokkolG

Jun 22, 2021
Okey, well for the first issue I would recommend going inside twrp recovery > wipe > factory reset > swipe right. Then reinstall the rom again
And for the second one, it's not an issue, it's an app that comes pre-included so that you can open the apps list by pressing the white dot on the corner. You can customize it by going into apps > HomeButton > and changing transparency or position there
The watch fixed itself, but thank you for your suggestions!

Reactions: KardchCode

schnee1

Nov 5, 2010
Hi,

just found this awesome update. I was about to revert bacj to the factory fimrware as the other Wear2 version was literaly unuasble on the watch. This one works great!!! Thanks for your work.

Most app i installed just works fine, however i found an issue. When i ask for a screenshot or for a bug report from the Wear App on the phone, the requests are sent to the watch but i never get a response back from the watch. Is this a known issue?

Thanks

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
Nintendo Switch
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hi,

just found this awesome update. I was about to revert bacj to the factory fimrware as the other Wear2 version was literaly unuasble on the watch. This one works great!!! Thanks for your work.

Most app i installed just works fine, however i found an issue. When i ask for a screenshot or for a bug report from the Wear App on the phone, the requests are sent to the watch but i never get a response back from the watch. Is this a known issue?

Thanks
Well glad you liked
And yeah I noticed that as well, I will solve it in the next update (will release in a few days). It is basically because I removed the bugreport app which is also responsible for screenshots 😅

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
Nintendo Switch
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Finally updated the rom again (check main post), this time is much more stable and I polished a few things.
Tho I couldn't solve the following issues:
- Long pressing the Homebutton crashes it intstead of launching google assistant
- Default digital clock has an error with the 0 number and looks really offset
- Google app won't recognize the "ok google" voice command
These are all the present bugs or issues in this rom as of today, tho I can't really fix them by applying some patches or by reversing some code. I tried to mitigate each one of them with some workarounds but realized these fixes aren't optimal and sacrifice some functionality + also ruin the overall ui design, so I'm not willing to apply them.
In conclussion you might not ever see these getting fixed at all, either way, these are all very unimportant issues and I think I can consider this rom 98% finished and will probably only update it once a year if there are any app updates at all. Nothing else to say, just go and enjoy this rom if by any chance you got your lg g watch surviving today, have fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: NTGDeveloper

raditzava

Feb 21, 2013
Surabaya
LG G Watch
Xiaomi Poco F1
Finally updated the rom again (check main post), this time is much more stable and I polished a few things.
Tho I couldn't solve the following issues:
- Long pressing the Homebutton crashes it intstead of launching google assistant
- Default digital clock has an error with the 0 number and looks really offset
- Google app won't recognize the "ok google" voice command
These are all the present bugs or issues in this rom as of today, tho I can't really fix them by applying some patches or by reversing some code. I tried to mitigate each one of them with some workarounds but realized these fixes aren't optimal and sacrifice some functionality + also ruin the overall ui design, so I'm not willing to apply them.
In conclussion you might not ever see these getting fixed at all, either way, these are all very unimportant issues and I think I can consider this rom 98% finished and will probably only update it once a year if there are any app updates at all. Nothing else to say, just go and enjoy this rom if by any chance you got your lg g watch surviving today, have fun!
Thanks for the update dude :)

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
Nintendo Switch
Redmi Note 8 Pro
There you go guys, the latest update 0.4 includes the most updated google app (which can not be updated with play store), updated settings app with more control over the brightness, and a cleaned up build.prop that includes only the tweaks that really work for the better (tested myself a few days different settings and tweaks).
This is as good as it can get android wear 2.0 on our device, and this is as well the latest update ever for this rom as of today. I can finally say it's 100% finished ;D

schnee1

Nov 5, 2010
There you go guys, the latest update 0.4 includes the most updated google app (which can not be updated with play store), updated settings app with more control over the brightness, and a cleaned up build.prop that includes only the tweaks that really work for the better (tested myself a few days different settings and tweaks).
This is as good as it can get android wear 2.0 on our device, and this is as well the latest update ever for this rom as of today. I can finally say it's 100% finished ;D
Thank you for your work! I just installed it i hope it will be atleast as good as the previous itterations from you

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
Nintendo Switch
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I know I said this was the last update but I wanted to just polish out a few things before I leave support for this device. So hopefully, this is now the latest update.

Latest newdory 0.5 (20/10/2021):
- Ok Google now working (downgraded google app)
- Updated Android 12 emojis
- Made calculator icon round
- Made agenda icon round
- Updated WearOS app icon
- Pre-updated Play store app

Since this is the last update I'm going a bit more in detail for the "tiny" changes
Tweaked some of the icons from the wear os app by using some vendors overlays. Never went for this kind of approach with vendors on android modding as I didn't know overlays existed till today huh, honestly overlays are damn great.
Also experimented a bit with the calculator these days, managed to modify the latest google calculator (with material you) and make it more suitable for wear os, but in the end I just modified the icon and left the app untoched since it's way better in functionality+design. Also updated the android 12 emojis to the latest version because why not as well as the play store app (now the store seems much more stable, they got rid of the old ui and it's buttery smooth).
Now let's talk about Google. To anyone who's reading this please, never, ever, ever try to modify the Google app, SPECIFICALLY the Google app. No matter what plataform the app is designed for, it will be almost impossible to run a modified version of it (same with google play services I guess). Why am I saying this? Because I didn't realised how much security and protection there is to check the app's integrity IN WEAR OS. Spent more than I had to on this problem, hope you guys don't make the same mistake as me xd. So anyways, after a few frustrating days trying to port some of the old libs to make Ok Google work on the latest google app, I just went for the easiest approach: downgrading the app to the latest one with the voice command working. Just so you know the latest working version is 11.18.11.25. To be honest there's not a lot of reasons to have the google app updated at all, it's working pretty much exactly as it did and ok google is working good so yeah, no reason to have the latest version installed :p
That's pretty much what I've learned this week with this device, after this, I'm probably not updating this thing ever again xd. Cya whenever Google releases something great for Wear OS! (Spoiler, probably not happening for us)

Last edited:

schnee1

Nov 5, 2010
adding my experience here as i ran into an issue with the watch and this may help others.

The root cause is seems to be that i wanted to Factrory reset the watch. It went fine until it rebooted to TWRP recovery, where it failed with the system partition. From this point i was unable to boot the system, as it always entered recovery. I tried reflashing boot and system (and later recovery), but it did not help. Actually it made things worth: it started to reboot into fastboot. Once or twice i was able to boot the system with fastboot continue, but the system did not fix itself. When i was able to enter TWRP recovery, i was unable to do anything as the system partition was read only.

What helped at the end:
1. reflashing factory image (followed https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lg-g-watch-stuck-on-fastboot-menu.3337383/#post-65869250)
2. let it boot, you may need to type "fastboot continue" to actualy boot the watch on you computer (after that i ran a factory reset on the watch - on setup screen pressed the back button which brought up the system menu, here i selected factory reset)
3. After I reflashed newdory with boot, system, recovery in this sequence.
4.Reboot now i can setup the watch again

Not sure what happens when i try factory reset the watch, but it messes something up with some flags, which prevernts booting.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeekyTanuj

Aniol19

Dec 3, 2021
LG G Watch
I just take my old LG G Watch from the desk too. I installed some ROM some years ago but now it's impossible to my install this one. It's not problem with this especific one, but I cannot access to the Watch via ADB because it's "unauhorized" or "disconected". Someone found this? how you fixed that?

Thanks in advance!

schnee1

Nov 5, 2010
I just take my old LG G Watch from the desk too. I installed some ROM some years ago but now it's impossible to my install this one. It's not problem with this especific one, but I cannot access to the Watch via ADB because it's "unauhorized" or "disconected". Someone found this? how you fixed that?

Thanks in advance!
I think you don't need ADB to install the rom as it is done via fastboot. Did you try that?

Aniol19

Dec 3, 2021
LG G Watch
I think you don't need ADB to install the rom as it is done via fastboot. Did you try that?
I also tried with fastboot but I get the following error:
C:\Users\username>fastboot flash boot C:\Users\username\Downloads\boot.img
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
sending 'boot' (15232 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.035s

I did the following:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash boot "boot.img"

schnee1

Nov 5, 2010

I did the following:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
Try what i did in post #35 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-android-8-style.4286245/page-2#post-85972119): flash factory image and then try again. That resolved my issues when i tried to upgrade from a custom build

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
Nintendo Switch
Redmi Note 8 Pro

I did the following:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
Most likely this is failing because your connection between the watch and PC is faulty, could be because of a damaged cable or a damaged pin in the charge-base. It could also be that your boot image is corrupted or something, try downloading again and flashing with a different cable or just make sure the watch doesn't move at all when flashing. Hope this helps :b

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    adding my experience here as i ran into an issue with the watch and this may help others.

The root cause is seems to be that i wanted to Factrory reset the watch. It went fine until it rebooted to TWRP recovery, where it failed with the system partition. From this point i was unable to boot the system, as it always entered recovery. I tried reflashing boot and system (and later recovery), but it did not help. Actually it made things worth: it started to reboot into fastboot. Once or twice i was able to boot the system with fastboot continue, but the system did not fix itself. When i was able to enter TWRP recovery, i was unable to do anything as the system partition was read only.

What helped at the end:
    1. reflashing factory image (followed https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lg-g-watch-stuck-on-fastboot-menu.3337383/#post-65869250)
    2. let it boot, you may need to type "fastboot continue" to actualy boot the watch on you computer (after that i ran a factory reset on the watch - on setup screen pressed the back button which brought up the system menu, here i selected factory reset)
    3. After I reflashed newdory with boot, system, recovery in this sequence.
    4.Reboot now i can setup the watch again

Not sure what happens when i try factory reset the watch, but it messes something up with some flags, which prevernts booting.
    banner.png
    Soo I found my watch a few days ago and I thought about giving it a second life, and since there is no develoment or updates for lenok anymore I tought it might be a good idea to make my own rom with an android 8.0 style to it. I tried my best to make the system look as close to android 8 as possible while also updating some apps and improving the overall experience. You might wanna give it a try!

Flashing intructions >>

- Download the newdory.img and the boot.img available at the links below
    - Enter bootloader in your watch (swipe from top left to bottom right corner at lg boot screen)
    - Reboot into TWRP recovery and choose Wipe > Factory Format > Swipe right.
    - Now reboot into bootloader (aka fastboot) again
    - Connect your watch to your pc and open a terminal
    - Now type fastboot flash boot /path-to-boot-image/
    - Then type fastboot flash system /path-to-newdory0.5-image
    - Reboot your watch (with fastboot reboot for example)
    - Wait patiently, once booted up leave the watch updating it's apps for a few hours, after that, enjoy your new oreo-styled watch! ;D

Download boot.img | | Download newdory0.5.img

Changelog/Features >>
    Latest newdory 0.5 (20/10/2021):
    - Made agenda icon round

newdory 0.4 (25/08/2021):
    - Updated Google app, again
    - Added back Android 12 emojis
    - Cleaned up build.prop
    - Added more brightness levels (lower ones)
    - Tiny performance improvements

newdory 0.3 (17/08/2021):
    - Pre-updated Clock app
    - Updated google app
    - Reverted back bootanimation
    - Add back bugreport (fixes screencapures)
    - Add lge compass
    - Added Rom version in settings
    - Fix product image (now displays an lg g watch on phone)
    - Reduced brightness to match stock values
    - Made Google Sans font a little thicker
    - Few changes under the hood

newdory 0.2 (06/06/2021):
    - Removed NOTICE.html.gz (not needed)
    - Improved overall system response
    - Made system way faster than before (also when downloading updates)
    - Forced UI hw rendering
    - Updated bootanimation
    - Updated emojis to android 12

newdory 0.1 (01/06/2021):
    - Updated google search app to latest version (june 1 2021)
    - Removed bugreport app
    - Removed deprecated weather cloned app
    - Added LGW100 Stock watchfaces
    - Added GoogleSans as the default font (android 8 style)
    - Updated settings icon (android 8 style)
    - Made the entire UI black (android 8 style)
    - Added Google calculator app (not available on playstore)
    - Changed pm sleep behaviour to save battery
    - Disabled most of kernel error checking
    - Improved performance a bit
    - HomeVirtualButton app is included yep (credits to svprm)
    - Also nope, it's not rooted

Issues/Bugs >>

- The 0 digit is juuust a bit "out of canvas" in the DigitalElements watchface, minor bug
    - Unable to add reminders from the reminders app shortcut (Google's fault)
    - Unable to send Whatsapps using google assistant/contacts app (Also Google's fault)

Tips to save battery & improve response time >>

- Disable Ok Google and voice output (settings > personalization)
    - Disable animations (enable developer settings and disable them there)
    - Disable all gestures
    - Disable "wake to notifications"

Screenshots >>
    screen(1).png
    screen(3).png
    screen(5).png

screen(2).png
    screen.png
    screen.png

(yeah im spanish xd)

Credits >>

This system img is a modified-custom-updated version of the one available on 4pda by shyster (updated on 21/05/2020). All of his changes are present in the newdory0.5.img linked above, eeenjoy! ;D

Shyster's old img changelog >>
    Old changelog from shyster on 4pda (21/05/2020):
    - Built the system using latest lenok img NWS2.170620.003 (from 2017)
    - Updated Google play + deskclock
    - Deleted unused lg apps
    - Updated Google search app (from may 1 2020)
    - Increased memory and the number of streams for Dalvik
    - Disabled logcat (improves performance a bit)
    - Made calls to display without delay
    Credits to ab123321 and syshter and everyone that contributed to the lenok2dory porting project. Also credits to invisiblek for the awesome kernel he made back then for aw2.0.

User disclaimer: If you are facing issues and bugs you can always write here or contact me at [email protected]. That said, I'm not responsible of any possible damage that happens to your device when using this.

CustomRom version: 0.5
    ROM OS: 7.1.1 Nougat
    Wear OS support: 2.35.0.325323493
    ROM Kernel: 3.10.X (invisiblek)
    Last Updated: 20/10/2021
    (As of 20/10/2021 this update is likely to be the last one :v)
    Changelog latest newdory 0.5 (20/10/2021):
    - Made agenda icon round

Link available here (links are all updated and also available above)
    Clean flash is recommended this time. It is also possible to flash this one over the 0.4 version BUT make sure to delete all data and cache from Google app (otherwhise it might not work properly).
    That being said, clean flash is still recommended :p
    Great ROM! However, I am experiencing some issues with it, one of which is probably my fault.

1. With my current setup, my watch always boots into recovery even if I select boot to the system. The only way I am able to boot it into the system is by using the "fastboot continue" command.
    2. My watch has a white spot on bottom right of the screen, which I am sure is not a hardware issue as it worked fine in TWRP and when I initially boot in the system.

And, yes, I did try flashing everything again. So, if you know how I could fix this, I would highly appreciate that :)
    Okey, well for the first issue I would recommend going inside twrp recovery > wipe > factory reset > swipe right. Then reinstall the rom again
    And for the second one, it's not an issue, it's an app that comes pre-included so that you can open the apps list by pressing the white dot on the corner. You can customize it by going into apps > HomeButton > and changing transparency or position there
    Great ROM! However, I am experiencing some issues with it, one of which is probably my fault.

1. With my current setup, my watch always boots into recovery even if I select boot to the system. The only way I am able to boot it into the system is by using the "fastboot continue" command.
    2. My watch has a white spot on bottom right of the screen, which I am sure is not a hardware issue as it worked fine in TWRP and when I initially boot in the system.

And, yes, I did try flashing everything again. So, if you know how I could fix this, I would highly appreciate that :)
    The white spot is intentional. In WearOS 2.0, you can only access some features with a hardware button. Because the G Watch does not have a physical side button, this white spot serves as that. It is a virtual button that emulates the button on the later-released G Watch R.

I also have the same issue with the "fastboot continue" command. However, I only started to experience this when I unpaired the watch and it tried to do a factory reset. Maybe the boot flags were messed up, but I have no idea. I'll try the fastboot continue command and see if I can get it to work. I haven't tried that since when I started having the issue, I just left my watch be.

EDIT: I didn't see OP's response when writing this. Basically this can be ignored :)