[ROM] [7.1.1] newdory (WIP Wear OS 3.0 Clone)

Search This thread

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
LG G Watch
Nintendo Switch
I ended up flashing stock and it's working again and i'm very happy..

Can anyone tell me how much the battery life extended using this rom?
I would say the battery is almost as good as in stock, obviously lasting a little bit less when using it all day because it's android wear 2.0. But with a normal use is something like a day and a half or more (based on my usage)

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2006
I decided to put my big boy pants on and try to install this rom after a day of having my watch back after years lol
Let's see how this goes.

update: ok all went well it's flashed, now i'm waiting for it to do it's thing. is it supposed to sit on the LG screen for a long time? or is it hung?

u2: i think it's hung up lol.. i think this screen will time out eventually and i can try again..
pressing the bottom button alone doesn't seem to do anything.

u3: oh i have to hold reset down for 8 seconds. going to try that now.

Last edited:

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
LG G Watch
Nintendo Switch
I decided to put my big boy pants on and try to install this rom after a day of having my watch back after years lol
Let's see how this goes.

update: ok all went well it's flashed, now i'm waiting for it to do it's thing. is it supposed to sit on the LG screen for a long time? or is it hung?
The LG screen always disappears after a few secs, then the boot animation is shown and it usually stays there for like 10-15 minutes or so, if it's taking longer than 20 minutes it's probably stuck. If it's always stuck at the LG logo screen I would recommend then restoring the watch to stock and flashing it all again. If you have doubts about any of the flashing steps in the guide let me know and I will help ya

Jun 26, 2006
Everything is working great.. and I love the upgrade!

update: lmao well it was.. until i tried to use the facer ap and get a watch face that shows battery life along with the time in a digital format..

Then facer said this version isnt' compatible...

but then facer came up on my fossil gen 6 so i started toying with that.. and next thing
i know the G watch shut down lol. I'm thinking i should be good with a boot/reboot

Jun 26, 2006
update: rebooted. then i went to look for new watch faces within the watch. play store started to load.. then the watch hung or shut off again.

u2: tried again, it showed some watch faces.. i scrolled.. then it shut down again.
goign to reboot and check battery level

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
LG G Watch
Nintendo Switch
update: rebooted. then i went to look for new watch faces within the watch. play store started to load.. then the watch hung or shut off again.

u2: tried again, it showed some watch faces.. i scrolled.. then it shut down again.
goign to reboot and check battery level
At first the watch needs to update a few apps by itself, it will take quite a bit. Just leave it connected for a few hours and you will likely have all the updates needed. You can make sure that the updates are happening by entering play store, scrolling down and checking the "My Apps" section. And don't worry about this, it's the expected behaviour at first

Reactions: dannysportbike

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
LG G Watch
Nintendo Switch
Update time!

Since the recent release and disclosure of the pixel watch system files I've been trying to replicate and prepare the rom for a big update in terms of looks and feeling. My main goal right now is to try and mimic the pixel watch and the wear os 3.0 system as good as I can (there's still a lot of work to do). This update brings most of the new material you icons for many of the system apps but also brings some new goodies to the watch, like the Phone app to the apps menu (you can now make calls with your watch), more text size choices in display settings, and more! Also, there is some under-the-hood changes that might improve the system usability and overall response (there's still room for improvement!).

So that said, hope you guys enjoy this one, let me know any issues and have a nice christmas!

Latest newdory 0.7 (11/12/2022):
- Updated Agenda icon
- Updated HomeButton icon
- Updated Google Play app icon
- Removed Reminders app
- Added more text sizes choices in settings
- Updated Flashlight icon and app resources
- Enabled Phone app shortcut in the apps menu
- Pre-installed Google Keep (not available on playstore)
- Made Google Translate icon round
- Made Google Maps icon round
- Updated Contacts and Phone icons
- Updated DeskClock icons (Timer, Stopwatch, Alarm...)
- Cleaned up build.prop
- Tweaked some DEX compilation parameters
- Improved app installation time
- Small changes and various improvements

(P.S expect 0.8 in a few months)

Last edited:
Update time!

Since the recent release and disclosure of the pixel watch system files I've been trying to replicate and prepare the rom for a big update in terms of looks and feeling. My main goal right now is to try and mimic the pixel watch and the wear os 3.0 system as good as I can (there's still a lot of work to do). This update brings most of the new material you icons for many of the system apps but also brings some new goodies to the watch, like the Phone app to the apps menu (you can now make calls with your watch), more text size choices in display settings, and more! Also, there is some under-the-hood changes that might improve the system usability and overall response (there's still room for improvement!).

So that said, hope you guys enjoy this one, let me know any issues and have a nice christmas!

- Updated Agenda icon
- Removed Reminders app
- Cleaned up build.prop
- Enabled Vulkan for hwui rendering

New rom link available here

After installing this version, how come the Play Store doesn't appear in the app drawer, i mean it hasn't been installed yet? Is it necessary to install gapps?

KardchCode

Jun 1, 2021
LG G Watch
Nintendo Switch
Sorry, it's my fault because I haven't activated the internet in my phone :v, now the playstore has installed
Yeah my bad, haven't mentioned this but I replaced the Play Store app with the google play services updater, which will download the latest available play store version. So at first boot it won't show up but it will eventually be downloaded and installed so don't worry about that, might come up with something better for next update

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Update time!

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thanks for keeping this watch relevant.

Reactions: KardchCode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As promised... Update time!

Finally got around UI modding again and this time I think I went for the biggest UI changes. This update changes some UI elements to look like Wear OS 3.0, specially the drawers items. You will notice also some big changes in the Settings app since I reordered the main elements and updated most of the icons so that it looks as close to a pixel watch as possible (also added the Locations panel heh). Updated and cleaned up the build props as well (again huh) and also included a better and lighter Phone Shortcut app. Finally I updated the Google Play app to the latest possible (this was a pain in the ass and I better not explain why) and also updated the system fonts to the Google Sans Text variant (Introduced in A12~ as the default font).

That said, enjoy aand let me know any issues!

Latest newdory 0.8 (24/01/2023):
    • Updated build.prop (optimal af now)
    • Better Phone Shortcut (source)
    • Solved issues with Google Play Store
    • Added another level of brightness (lowest possible)
    • Updated UI to look like Wear OS 3.0 (wip)
    • Updated Settings app look (Wear 3.0 style)
    • Added the Location panel in Settings
    • Updated fonts to Google Sans Text (Wear OS 3.0 style)

P.S: Hopefully expect Wear OS 3.0 notifications and apps drawer for the next update!

Btw I'll leave some screenshots so you can see what I'm really talking about
    As promised... Update time!

Finally got around UI modding again and this time I think I went for the biggest UI changes. This update changes some UI elements to look like Wear OS 3.0, specially the drawers items. You will notice also some big changes in the Settings app since I reordered the main elements and updated most of the icons so that it looks as close to a pixel watch as possible (also added the Locations panel heh). Updated and cleaned up the build props as well (again huh) and also included a better and lighter Phone Shortcut app. Finally I updated the Google Play app to the latest possible (this was a pain in the ass and I better not explain why) and also updated the system fonts to the Google Sans Text variant (Introduced in A12~ as the default font).

That said, enjoy aand let me know any issues!

P.S: Hopefully expect Wear OS 3.0 notifications and apps drawer for the next update!

Btw I'll leave some screenshots so you can see what I'm really talking about
    Outrageous. Long live Dory.
    newdorybanner.png

This rom is an attempt at trying to make the LG G Watch feel as close to Wear OS 3.0 as possible. You will find that font, icons and some UI elements are updated to mimic the latest Wear OS updates. At the same time I also tried to improve both the battery life and the overall response time while also adding some extra customization. If you are curious about the whole changelog just read the Changelog/Features>> section below. Let me know if you encounter any issues and have fun!

Flashing instructions/Downloads >>

BEFORE PROCEEDING MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE ADB DRIVERS INSTALLED AND THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED

• Download the twrp img (twrp-3.0.0-0-dory+squashfs.img) linked below
    • Download the newdory0.8.img and the boot2.img available at the links below
    • Enter bootloader (reboot and swipe from up-left corner to the opposite one at lg boot screen)
    • Connect your watch to your pc and open up a terminal
    • Now type fastboot flash recovery /path-to-twrp-3.0-squashfs-img
    • Reboot into TWRP using fastboot reboot recovery
    • Click on "Allow Modifications" then go into "Wipe" and "Factory Reset" then Swipe Right >>
    • Don't worry about the errors, now reboot into bootloader again (Home >> Reboot >> Bootloader)
    • Back in the terminal type fastboot flash boot /path-to-boot2-img and enter
    • Then type fastboot flash system /path-to-newdory-img
    • Reboot your watch (with fastboot reboot for example)
    • Wait patiently, once booted up leave the watch updating it's apps for a few mins/hours, after that, enjoy!

⬇️newdory0.8.img    ⬇️boot2.img    ⬇️twrp-3.0-squashfs.img

Follow the newdory telegram for more info: https://t.me/newdory

Disclaimer: If you are facing bootloops after following precisely the above steps you must restore your watch to stock and then follow the flashing steps again, you can go back to stock using the LG G Watch Tool by RootJunky

Changelog/Features >>

newdory 0.7 (11/12/2022):
    • Updated Agenda icon
    • Updated HomeButton icon
    • Updated Google Play app icon
    • Removed Reminders app
    • Added more text sizes choices in settings
    • Updated Flashlight icon and app resources
    • Enabled Phone app shortcut in the apps menu
    • Pre-installed Google Keep (not available on playstore)
    • Made Google Translate icon round
    • Made Google Maps icon round
    • Updated Contacts and Phone icons
    • Updated DeskClock icons (Timer, Stopwatch, Alarm...)
    • Cleaned up build.prop
    • Tweaked some DEX compilation parameters
    • Improved app installation time
    • Small changes and various improvements

Latest boot2 (23/10/2022):
    • Fixed the ADB unauthorized device issue

boot2 (14/09/2022):
    • Updated ramdisk to 2.0_v1 by invisiblek
    • Improves boot speed
    • Improves overall performance
    • Enables adaptive LMK
    • Adds support for ext4 /system partition type (hopefully in the future)
    • Updates default cores to smartmax eps
    • Mpdecision support

newdory 0.6 (14/09/2022):
    • Tweaked some low-battery parameters
    • Added the General panel in settings
    • Enabled doze for gms services (might revert)
    • Optimized background operations
    • Pre-updated Clock app
    • Updated to Android 12L emojis

newdory 0.5 (20/10/2021):
    • "Ok Google" working
    • Updated Android 12 emojis
    • Made calculator icon round
    • Made agenda icon round
    • Updated WearOS app icon
    • Pre-updated Play store app (latest material you version)

newdory 0.4 (25/08/2021):
    • Updated Google app, again
    • Cleaned up build.prop
    • Added more brightness levels (lower ones)
    • Slightly better app memory management

newdory 0.3 (17/08/2021):
    • Pre-updated Play store app
    • Pre-updated Clock app
    • Updated Google app
    • Added back Bugreport (fixes screen capturing)
    • Added Lge Compass
    • Added Rom version flaw inside settings
    • Fix product image (now displays an lg g watch on phone)
    • Reduced brightness to match stock values
    • Made Google Sans font a little thicker
    • Fixed some lenok values inside framework

newdory 0.2 (06/06/2021):
    • Removed unecessary system files (to save some space)
    • Improved overall system response
    • System rw faster than before
    • Forced UI hw rendering (will revert tho)

newdory 0.1 (01/06/2021):
    • Updated Google app
    • Fixed deprecated weather cloned app
    • Added LGW100 Stock watchfaces
    • Added GoogleSans as the default font
    • Updated settings icon (matches latest android ver)
    • Made the entire UI black (OLED style, matches latest android ver)
    • Added Google Calculator app (not available on playstore)
    • Changed pm sleep behaviour (improves battery?)
    • Disabled most of kernel error checking
    • Updated kernel to use all 4 cores (credits to invisiblek)
    • Used the latest lenok build NWS2.170620.003
    • HomeVirtualButton app included (credits to svprm)
    • Also nope, it's not rooted

Issues/Bugs >>

• The 0 digit is slightly out of the drawable canvas in the DigitalElements watchface (minor bug)
    • Unable to send Whatsapps using google assistant/contacts app (Google's fault)

Tips to save battery & improve response time >>

• Turn off "Always-on screen" (settings > display > always-on)
    • Disable "Ok Google" and voice output (settings > personalization)
    • Disable all gestures (settings > gestures)
    • Disable "wake up to notifications" (settings > notifications)
    • Lower the brightness all the way :v

Screenshots >>
    screen(1).png
    screen.png
    screen6.png
    screen5.png

screen7.png
    screen2.png
    screen1.png
    screen3.png

Credits/Info >>

This newdory system img is a modified/custom/updated version of the one available on 4pda by shyster.
    The boot img is as well an updated version of the one and only invisiblek.
    The link for the TWRP img provided is extracted from this thread.

Credits to ab123321 and syshter and to everyone that contributed to the lenok2dory project. Also credits to the awesome invisiblek for the kernel he made back then for Android Wear 2.0

Software disclaimer: If you are facing any issues or bugs feel free to write here or DM me, I'll try my best to help y'all. That said, I'm not responsible of any possible damage that happens to you or your device when using/flashing this software.

Custom Rom version: 0.8
    Android version: 7.1.1 (Nougat)
    Wear OS support: 2.35.0.325323493
    ROM Kernel: 3.10.X (invisiblek_v8.1)
    Last Rom Update: 24/01/2023

Github Source (WIP)

Latest Updates:​

Great ROM! However, I am experiencing some issues with it, one of which is probably my fault.

1. With my current setup, my watch always boots into recovery even if I select boot to the system. The only way I am able to boot it into the system is by using the "fastboot continue" command.
    2. My watch has a white spot on bottom right of the screen, which I am sure is not a hardware issue as it worked fine in TWRP and when I initially boot in the system.

And, yes, I did try flashing everything again. So, if you know how I could fix this, I would highly appreciate that :)
    The white spot is intentional. In WearOS 2.0, you can only access some features with a hardware button. Because the G Watch does not have a physical side button, this white spot serves as that. It is a virtual button that emulates the button on the later-released G Watch R.

I also have the same issue with the "fastboot continue" command. However, I only started to experience this when I unpaired the watch and it tried to do a factory reset. Maybe the boot flags were messed up, but I have no idea. I'll try the fastboot continue command and see if I can get it to work. I haven't tried that since when I started having the issue, I just left my watch be.

EDIT: I didn't see OP's response when writing this. Basically this can be ignored :)
    Great ROM! However, I am experiencing some issues with it, one of which is probably my fault.

1. With my current setup, my watch always boots into recovery even if I select boot to the system. The only way I am able to boot it into the system is by using the "fastboot continue" command.
    2. My watch has a white spot on bottom right of the screen, which I am sure is not a hardware issue as it worked fine in TWRP and when I initially boot in the system.

And, yes, I did try flashing everything again. So, if you know how I could fix this, I would highly appreciate that :)
    Okey, well for the first issue I would recommend going inside twrp recovery > wipe > factory reset > swipe right. Then reinstall the rom again
    And for the second one, it's not an issue, it's an app that comes pre-included so that you can open the apps list by pressing the white dot on the corner. You can customize it by going into apps > HomeButton > and changing transparency or position there
    Update time!

- Updated Agenda icon
    - Removed Reminders app
    - Cleaned up build.prop