Redmi Note 9 Pro
xosp-logo.gif

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

intro_banner.png

• What is XOSP?
    • XOSP is an after-market firmware based on CodeAuroraSources (CAF) destinated for a wide range of Android phones. The name stands for the Xperia Open Source Project and the project was initially created by @nilac for the Galaxy S+ (his old device) years ago when back then the ROM was called S+ Reborn. The vision was to create a minimal bloat free ROM which included Sony Xperia specific apps and various tweaks users would expect from a custom ROM.
      S+ Reborn became a success and was eventually ported to different devices so from there it was rebranded to XOSP. Calin worked on the project for 2 years always trying to improve it. Eventually, Because of the fact Lollipop was buggy on his Galaxy S+, he decided to take a break from development until he got his hands on the Zenfone 2 in 2015 and from then he started again the development of XOSP and continued it ever since.
  • How do we release updates?

• We release new updates for our Official devices each week by providing Delta updates to the users,so maintainers of the other devices can do the same as well if they want to keep up with the changes. We will make full zip releases only once a month except special cases like for example XOSPDelta is not working or something like it.

features_banner.png

• You can find all the included features right:

bugs_banner.png

• You can find the list of current issues in the ROM right:

installation_banner.png

First time installing XOSP on your Nexus 6P or coming from another ROM?
  • Make sure your Bootloader is unlocked and you're running the latest TWRP
  • Download latest build,XOSPApps and GApps
  • Reboot recovery
  • Wipe data factory reset
  • Flash latest XOSP
  • Flash GApps
  • Flash XOSPApps (Optional)
  • Reboot

Upgrading from earlier release or revision of XOSP:
  • Reboot recovery
  • Flash latest XOSP
  • Flash GApps if necessary
  • Wipe cache and dalvik
  • Reboot

links_banner.png

downloads_banner.png

[*] Angler

sources_banner.png

credits_banner.png

• @nilac and XOSP Team
  • Lineage OS for the base sources
  • Sony and the Xperia Community
  • Resurrection Remix Team
  • AICP Team
  • @malybru for the XOSP banner
  • Mihir Mistry for the XOSP logo

Last edited:

Niropa

Sep 25, 2014
Lost
Redmi Note 9 Pro
sorry about the thread in general, this is is the main one. #AccidentsHappen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170105-130442.png
    Screenshot_20170105-130442.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 2,974
  • Screenshot_20170105-130438.png
    Screenshot_20170105-130438.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 2,932
  • Screenshot_20170105-130454.png
    Screenshot_20170105-130454.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 2,820
  • Screenshot_20170105-130631.png
    Screenshot_20170105-130631.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,795
  • Screenshot_20170105-130640.png
    Screenshot_20170105-130640.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 2,702
  • Screenshot_20170105-130818.png
    Screenshot_20170105-130818.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,569
  • Screenshot_20170105-130811.png
    Screenshot_20170105-130811.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 2,429
  • Screenshot_20170105-130736.png
    Screenshot_20170105-130736.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 2,382
  • Screenshot_20170105-130719.png
    Screenshot_20170105-130719.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 2,328
  • Screenshot_20170105-130724.jpg
    Screenshot_20170105-130724.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 2,348
Last edited:

Niropa

Sep 25, 2014
Lost
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Looks enticingly awesome ;) ...

Lemme ask, how stable is it?

as stable as it gets, so far I haven't noticed any bugs at all. I'm a busy person but instead of making optimized omni rom builds or paranoid android on the side, for now im going to focus on helping the xosp team optimize/improve performance so not only is this stable its gonna be pretty fast ;)

as stable as it gets, so far I haven't noticed any bugs at all. I'm a busy person but instead of making optimized omni rom builds or paranoid android on the side, for now im going to focus on helping the xosp team optimize/improve performance so not only is this stable its gonna be pretty fast ;)

That's awesome! Was expecting a PA build on angler though. But XOSP doesn't look bad either. I couldn't make out the features list. And I'm wondering if it has screenshot crop & share?

Niropa

Sep 25, 2014
Lost
Redmi Note 9 Pro
That's awesome! Was expecting a PA build on angler though. But XOSP doesn't look bad either. I couldn't make out the features list. And I'm wondering if it has screenshot crop & share?

theres a link to a feature list in the OP. and as for Paranoid android I've been doing builds for it since the sources were buildable but there are too many bugs I don't have the resources or time to look into (weird audio popping while scrolling through menus, fingerprint sensor not working, nfc not working and a few other things i cant remember.) I think it has something to do with aospa switching anglers hals from aosp to caf. if anybody would be interested in grabbing logcats for me to hopefully speed up development it would be greatly appreciated. Just send me a PM if you're interested in the link

Reactions: Greatness_GH

Niropa

Sep 25, 2014
Lost
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Would Sony Mirrorlink 2.1.A.1.7 function with this framework?

Good question! I'll try right now and get back to you asap

EDIT: never even heard of mirrorlink before until now and after looking it up i realize its for cars (which I dont drive) so i wouldn't be able to give you a solid answer if it works or not. sorry about that

Last edited:

btvolta

Nov 26, 2012
Tampa Bay
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I flashed this ROM last night. It is force encrypting! I didn't see it in time, so I forced a reboot. Now I had to wipe the whole device. No backup. I guess you should've stated so. My device is decrypted.

Yeah, I never take a chance anymore and always just flash a custom kernel prior to booting. I've had it happen a couple times and it isn't any fun.

Audioffensive

Oct 8, 2013
Apeldoorn
I flashed this ROM last night. It is force encrypting! I didn't see it in time, so I forced a reboot. Now I had to wipe the whole device. No backup. I guess you should've stated so. My device is decrypted.
I think it's your own responsibility. You should at least make a backup first.
Don't blame someone else for you mistake.

Sent from my AOSP on angler using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xosp-logo.gif

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

intro_banner.png

• What is XOSP?
      • XOSP is an after-market firmware based on CodeAuroraSources (CAF) destinated for a wide range of Android phones. The name stands for the Xperia Open Source Project and the project was initially created by @nilac for the Galaxy S+ (his old device) years ago when back then the ROM was called S+ Reborn. The vision was to create a minimal bloat free ROM which included Sony Xperia specific apps and various tweaks users would expect from a custom ROM.
        S+ Reborn became a success and was eventually ported to different devices so from there it was rebranded to XOSP. Calin worked on the project for 2 years always trying to improve it. Eventually, Because of the fact Lollipop was buggy on his Galaxy S+, he decided to take a break from development until he got his hands on the Zenfone 2 in 2015 and from then he started again the development of XOSP and continued it ever since.
    • How do we release updates?

• We release new updates for our Official devices each week by providing Delta updates to the users,so maintainers of the other devices can do the same as well if they want to keep up with the changes. We will make full zip releases only once a month except special cases like for example XOSPDelta is not working or something like it.

features_banner.png

• You can find all the included features right:

bugs_banner.png

• You can find the list of current issues in the ROM right:

installation_banner.png

First time installing XOSP on your Nexus 6P or coming from another ROM?
    • Make sure your Bootloader is unlocked and you're running the latest TWRP
    • Download latest build,XOSPApps and GApps
    • Reboot recovery
    • Wipe data factory reset
    • Flash latest XOSP
    • Flash GApps
    • Reboot

Upgrading from earlier release or revision of XOSP:
    • Reboot recovery
    • Flash latest XOSP
    • Flash GApps if necessary
    • Wipe cache and dalvik
    • Reboot

links_banner.png

downloads_banner.png

[*] Angler

sources_banner.png

credits_banner.png

• @nilac and XOSP Team
    • Lineage OS for the base sources
    • Sony and the Xperia Community
    • Resurrection Remix Team
    • AICP Team
    • @malybru for the XOSP banner
    • Mihir Mistry for the XOSP logo
    sorry about the thread in general, this is is the main one. #AccidentsHappen
    I'm going to periodically release builds compiled by myself and not on the xosp server. There will be another build on the server probably tomorrow but for now you guys can get a new update here

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298921748

There's easily 80+ commits added by me and the rest of the team so I suggest checking it out ;) you can finally turn off the annoying (in my opinion) lift to check notification gesture + obviously some of the many performance improvements I talked about

If the link is hosted on androidfilehost its built by me. If its on xosp.org its compiled by the server
    The lead dev has school exams around now which is why development has been slow. We were going to push out an update a few days ago until lineage started debasing their stuff to caf which caused a lot of time consuming issues to iron out.

Regardless to say development isn't dead, just slightly delayed ☺
    Downloading last release, don stop @Niropa we need you!!
    thanks for your work
    I'm not going anywhere as long as I have my nexus ;)

Yea i made a new build for those who want updated sources

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767134330