[ROM][7.1.1][PIXEL 2XL HYBRID] Taimen 1.1

Search This thread

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
HTC Sensation

Taimen for S8 & S8+

10r4g14.jpg

I'd like to introduce to You guys my latest rom. Taimen! It's a heavily debloated rom that I turned into a Pixel AOSP rom as much as I could. It features most if not all Pixel 2XL Oreo apps and no Samsung apps! This way Your S8 will be even faster and smoother. It also reduces ram usage a lot. And if You want to try AOSP or just something different and Lineage isn't stable yet. This rom should be perfect for You! :)

Features:
Latest Note8 Firmware.
All Pixel 2XL Oreo Apps.
Pixel Sounds(Ringtones, Notifications, UI).
Pixel 2XL Widgets.
Pixel Animations.
SetupWizard from AOSP.
Samsung keyboard AROMA choice.
Dual Speaker Mod in AROMA(Choosing it might break audio! Be careful as I forgot to replace it with the S8 version, You can flash without selecting it and then download S8 Dual Speaker Mod from Magisk Manager.)
iOS 10 emojis in AROMA.
HUGE DEBLOAT.
Pixelified system(build.prop, play store etc).
GPS Fix for faster GPS connection.
AOSP Lockscreen.
Oreo SystemUI(notification bar).
Pixel Navbar.
Pixel 2XL Oreo Live Wallpapers.
Pixel 2XL Launcher.
SuperSU or Magisk in AROMA.
Notorious Kernel.
Pixel Boot Animation.
OnePlus5 Weather App.
And more!
---------------------------------------------
Boot can take up to 5-10 minutes. So be patient :).

After You flash the rom:

Install Pixel Live Wallpapers from the link in the thread.
Install "Layers" app from Play Store and then through this app apply Pixel Navbar Theme.
Make sure that You open material status bar app after flashing the rom and disable and enable it again.
Then grant permissions for notifications, and switch theme to Android O. Also grant permissions for Floatify.

Download:
Taimen 1.1 for S8 & S8+
Pixel Navbar Overlay
Pixel 2XL Live Wallpapers APK

Making roms is pretty difficult but mostly time consuming. If You like my work You can donate or buy me a coffee :D
Donate!

Credits:
Google/Play Store for Pixel 2XL Oreo apps!
Samsung for increasing their rom security which makes making roms very difficult!
farovitus for his awesome Notorious kernel!
dylanneve1 for support and being a helpful friend!
jayantraj for Pixel bootanimation!
Pranav Pandey for Pixel Live Wallpapers!
Tigerhoods for Pixel Navbar Overlay!
If You like their work, tap thanks on their posts and donate!

This rom as well as any part of this rom cannot be used by anyone without asking for my permission. You can study my rom without my permission.
Studying this rom is limited to reading or reverse engineering code included in this rom. Using any code taken from my rom is restricted.
All of above can be changed by getting my permission.

XDA:DevDB Information
Taimen Rom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
ProtoDeVNan0
Source Code: https://github.com/farovitus/NOTORIOUS-8895_PUBLIC

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: S8 or S8+ Exynos.
Based On: Samsung Experience

Version Information

Created 2017-10-23
Last Updated 2017-10-23

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171017-194612.jpg
    Screenshot_20171017-194612.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 16,737
  • Screenshot_20171017-194626.jpg
    Screenshot_20171017-194626.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 16,299
  • Screenshot_20171017-190656.jpg
    Screenshot_20171017-190656.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 16,617
  • Screenshot_20171019-190615.jpg
    Screenshot_20171019-190615.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 16,943
  • photo_2017-10-17_05-52-11.jpg
    photo_2017-10-17_05-52-11.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 17,147
  • photo_2017-10-17_06-06-13.jpg
    photo_2017-10-17_06-06-13.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 16,652
Last edited:

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
HTC Sensation
If You have any bugs then just report them to my Telegram group chat. I only own Note8 and the only tester I have for S8 is my friend. So if we didn't fix some bug then just tell me and send logcat, screens etc if possible. And I'll be mostly active on Note8 thread and my Telegram chat so I would prefer if You would post bugs to the Telegram chat for the quickest help :)

Telegram Group

Last edited:

shremi

Aug 22, 2011
I can try it in a separate partition in multiboot ... What do you want me to check for ???

BTW S8+

shremi

Aug 22, 2011
OK i found some bugs in making and receiving calls .... If i make a call i get no UI screen .... Also when receiving calls i get no notification on screen only sound.

byseby

Oct 4, 2013
Cluj Napoca
first bugs i found are on the setup screen were it won't let me click continue after adding fingerprint and safetynet isn't on the table either fortunately there's titanium backup for snapchat, i'll check for more and update. if you need any logs let me know

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
HTC Sensation
first bugs i found are on the setup screen were it won't let me click continue after adding fingerprint and safetynet isn't on the table either fortunately there's titanium backup for snapchat, i'll check for more and update. if you need any logs let me know

Oh. When the navbar becomes all dark etc? That's a bug caused by the custom Status Bar. But soon I will theme SystemUI to look like Oreo without the need for the separate app :). And I will try to find a snapchat solution in a second cause it worked for me before. So I'll let You know on Telegram :).

Reactions: spoonymoon

dannytgt

Aug 17, 2009
Ibarra-Ecuador
Nice rom, it's good to see a fresh option for this wonderful device. Waiting for your system theming. It will be great.
Only important bug I've noticed so far is the Call UI problem, when you make a call, the call is made, but there isn't call UI, or any way to cancel teh call or anything.
Thanks for this nice Rom.

Last edited:

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
HTC Sensation
Nice rom, it's good to see a fresh option for this wonderful device. Waiting for your system theming. It will be great.
Only important bug I've noticed so far is the Call UI problem, when you make a call, the call is made, but there isn't call UI, or any way to cancel teh call or anything.
Thanks for this nice Rom.

Go to settings => apps => default apps and choose Phone app as the default one.

Reactions: dannytgt

Raick

Oct 14, 2015
looks good

looks really good but sounds almost too good, is this stable enough for daily use?

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
HTC Sensation

Raick

Oct 14, 2015
I've been using it for almost a week and so far no bugs. If You need Samsung stuff just edit build prop and change Pixel 2 XL to SM-G950F and the model name to dreamlte :).

nifty, i know what i'm doing tonight :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Taimen for S8 & S8+

10r4g14.jpg

I'd like to introduce to You guys my latest rom. Taimen! It's a heavily debloated rom that I turned into a Pixel AOSP rom as much as I could. It features most if not all Pixel 2XL Oreo apps and no Samsung apps! This way Your S8 will be even faster and smoother. It also reduces ram usage a lot. And if You want to try AOSP or just something different and Lineage isn't stable yet. This rom should be perfect for You! :)

Features:
    Latest Note8 Firmware.
    All Pixel 2XL Oreo Apps.
    Pixel Sounds(Ringtones, Notifications, UI).
    Pixel 2XL Widgets.
    Pixel Animations.
    SetupWizard from AOSP.
    Samsung keyboard AROMA choice.
    Dual Speaker Mod in AROMA(Choosing it might break audio! Be careful as I forgot to replace it with the S8 version, You can flash without selecting it and then download S8 Dual Speaker Mod from Magisk Manager.)
    iOS 10 emojis in AROMA.
    HUGE DEBLOAT.
    Pixelified system(build.prop, play store etc).
    GPS Fix for faster GPS connection.
    AOSP Lockscreen.
    Oreo SystemUI(notification bar).
    Pixel Navbar.
    Pixel 2XL Oreo Live Wallpapers.
    Pixel 2XL Launcher.
    SuperSU or Magisk in AROMA.
    Notorious Kernel.
    Pixel Boot Animation.
    OnePlus5 Weather App.
    And more!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Boot can take up to 5-10 minutes. So be patient :).

After You flash the rom:

Install Pixel Live Wallpapers from the link in the thread.
    Install "Layers" app from Play Store and then through this app apply Pixel Navbar Theme.
    Make sure that You open material status bar app after flashing the rom and disable and enable it again.
    Then grant permissions for notifications, and switch theme to Android O. Also grant permissions for Floatify.

Download:
    Taimen 1.1 for S8 & S8+
    Pixel Navbar Overlay
    Pixel 2XL Live Wallpapers APK

Making roms is pretty difficult but mostly time consuming. If You like my work You can donate or buy me a coffee :D
    Donate!

Credits:
    Google/Play Store for Pixel 2XL Oreo apps!
    Samsung for increasing their rom security which makes making roms very difficult!
    farovitus for his awesome Notorious kernel!
    dylanneve1 for support and being a helpful friend!
    jayantraj for Pixel bootanimation!
    Pranav Pandey for Pixel Live Wallpapers!
    Tigerhoods for Pixel Navbar Overlay!
    If You like their work, tap thanks on their posts and donate!

This rom as well as any part of this rom cannot be used by anyone without asking for my permission. You can study my rom without my permission.
    Studying this rom is limited to reading or reverse engineering code included in this rom. Using any code taken from my rom is restricted.
    All of above can be changed by getting my permission.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Taimen Rom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    ProtoDeVNan0
    Source Code: https://github.com/farovitus/NOTORIOUS-8895_PUBLIC

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: S8 or S8+ Exynos.
    Based On: Samsung Experience

Version Information

Created 2017-10-23
    Last Updated 2017-10-23
    If You have any bugs then just report them to my Telegram group chat. I only own Note8 and the only tester I have for S8 is my friend. So if we didn't fix some bug then just tell me and send logcat, screens etc if possible. And I'll be mostly active on Note8 thread and my Telegram chat so I would prefer if You would post bugs to the Telegram chat for the quickest help :)

Telegram Group
    any update???

hi any update soon like real pxel 2? not s8 rom
    What is the different from google edition rom?

This one is closer to AOSP and gives You Oreo experience instead of Nougat experience + it's a Pixel 2XL Hybrid.

Oh. When the navbar becomes all dark etc? That's a bug caused by the custom Status Bar. But soon I will theme SystemUI to look like Oreo without the need for the separate app :). And I will try to find a snapchat solution in a second cause it worked for me before. So I'll let You know on Telegram :).