[ROM][7.1.1] SlimRoms N [jfltetmo][jfltexx][unofficial]

Do you prefer this ROM rooted or not rooted?

• Rooted?

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • Not rooted?

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
thealaskalinuxuser.wordpress.com
c774d6876b42e5a01b482e16834b62e5.jpg

To God be the glory, my Slim7 Nougat project finally works!

This is a very slimmed down version of Android Nougat, almost a "vanilla" experience with a few tasteful perks! By design, this ROM comes without root for those who wish to have a "pure" version without the entanglements that come with root, but it can also be easily rooted by using chainfire's SuperSU (see below). In it's default form, it is perfect for those banking apps, workplaces, and games that require you to have a phone without root. No need for tricks or hacks, all while having the latest and greatest Android on your Samsung Galaxy S4.

If you do decide to use root, then you will be pleasently surprised to know that Substratum and layering works with this ROM. While not every part gets updated, for the most part it functions quite well in my initial testing.

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

Downloads:
Rom Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ilvck...7.1.1.build.0.13-UNOFFICIAL-20170302-0814.zip

OLD ROM download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0mkif1ctinla3s/Slim-jflte-tmo-xx-7.1.1-UNOFFICIAL-20170117.zip

SuperSU download: (There may be newer versions, this is the version I personally tested.)
http://www.supersu.com/download
OR
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w6a196xvq6712j3/supersu279.zip

Gapps link:
http://opengapps.org/
-Which I personally only tested Pico. Be sure to choose "Arm" and "7.1".

This Rom has been stable for me for the past few days, however, Nougat is new, so be prepared for some little hic-ups here and there. Be sure to follow these installation steps very carefully, as they may be different then what you are used to.

!!!FIRST BOOT TAKES LONGER THAN 5 EARTH MINUTES TO COMPLETE!!!
!!!IF YOU FLASH SUPERSU, IT WILL REBOOT SEVERAL TIMES DURING INSTALL, THAT IS OKAY!!!

Installation instructions:
-Download ROM, and if desired, SuperSU, AKLU kernel, and gapps, and put them on your phone's external storage.
-Reboot into recovery mode - TWRP (I personally installed this using 3.0.2-0).
-Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
-Wipe. (I personally wipe everything prior to flashing new roms, but at least do the basic wipe.)
-Install Rom.
-Install Gapps. - Optional
--> OPTIONAL - If you want to install SuperSU, let the ROM boot up once first, then go back to TWRP and flash SuperSU zip. If it is stuck in a boot loop continually (it boot loops 1 to 4 times normally) then go back to TWRP and wipe cache and try again.
-Reboot to system and enjoy!

-OPTIONAL - After first boot, then go back to recovery and install the AKLU kernel.

Code:
What works:
So far everything that I have tried works, such as
- Camera for pictures only!
--> See notes section about video recordings.
- Phone calls/receiving
- Data 2g/3g/LTE
- Bluetooth
- WiFi
- PTP/MTP
- GPS
- WiFi hotspot
- Multi-Window
etc....

What doesn't:
- Video recording with the camera doesn't work right, see the notes section.
- Choosing to reboot the phone sometimes takes a loooong time. It may be better to Power off and then start the phone, which is faster for some reason.
-Let me know in the forums if you find other issues so I can work on fixing them.

This SlimRoms Nougat ROM was built for the JFLTETMO using modified LineageOS JFLTEXX trees. I have not tried this on any other device, but you are welcome to try it AT YOUR OWN RISK. It should flash on all JFLTEXX variants as well. Chime in if it worked on your device.

A huge thanks to the SlimRoms Project team!
Disclaimer: SlimRoms is not responsible for any damages to your device.
All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make SlimRoms, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

A huge thanks to the SlimRoms team!

SlimRoms XDA Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/slimroms
Source Code: http://github.com/SlimRoms/
Official websites: http://www.slimroms.net/ or http://slimroms.org/

ROM OS Version: 7.1.1 Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.112
Based On: AOSP and LineageOS.

My device trees: https://github.com/alaskalinuxuser/
If you want the Overclocked AKLU kernel - Better performance and battery life:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-tmobile/development/kernel-nougat-kernels-t3492592

Created 2017-01-17
Last Updated 2017-03-03

Change log:
Code:
-Synced with Slim source
-->From 0.7 to 0.13, tons of changes and fixes!
-->Updated security patch to Feb 5, 2017
-Fixed home button wake function. Now you can wake the phone with the home button.

-Synced with Slim source
-Added OmniSwitcher as optional switcher.
-Initial release!

Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Rom Notes, Pictures, Features, and Thanks!

Main Features:

-Merged with android-7.1.1_r13
-SlimDim, now with 100% more dimming
-SlimAction, Splits screen action
-SlimRecents, an alternative recents
-Notification log (longpress statusbar header)
-Kill app from notification (long pres app notification)
-Substratum support (if rooted)
-OmniSwitcher built in so the kill function works with or without root.

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,985
  • b.png
    b.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 2,984
  • c.png
    c.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 2,972
  • d.png
    d.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,837
  • e.png
    e.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,801
  • f.png
    f.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 2,771
  • g.png
    g.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 2,759
  • h.png
    h.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 2,672
  • i.png
    i.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 2,526
Last edited:
Reactions: saaggee and darazor

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Using the camera for videos and pictures:

Currently, the camera only technically works for pictures. I am working on a solution, one may be provided by work from @side. However, as it is right now, there are two optional ways to record video.
-My S4Camera app. The latest version is in this github repository as well as the source code. I am leveraging root permission to allow you to record videos up to 3 minutes long, there is currently no audio. You can download that here:
https://github.com/alaskalinuxuser/S4camera_app

or
-Camu camera, an app on the Google Play Store can be used, which technically strings together photographs to make a video.

Neither of these are the solution, but they are workarounds until the camera issue is fixed. Thanks for your patience.

Multi-Window mode:

Included in this ROM is "screens" a nifty tool to set multi-window shortcuts to open both apps that you want at once.
If you do not use the screens app, you will (currently) need to turn on the Nav bar to allow you to multi-window, as long pressing the recents button does not currently put you into multi-window mode.

Open Source apps:

There are quite a few really good open source apps included in this build, such as:
Screens app
Browser app
Amaze file manager app
SatStat GPS app
QKSMS texting app

All of these great apps and more can be found at https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/. You can also download other great apps there like music players, games, and everything else you might need. The Fdroid app allows you to maintain up to date version control and simple downloading and installation of these apps and is a lightweight alternative to the Google Play Store. that is certainly worth taking a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: darazor

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Awaiting the op update with camera fixes etc
(only because Alaska has fixed camera!! Yay!)

Sent from my SGH-M919V using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Thanks for the kind words, but it really was @side who fixed the video camera.

Unfortunately, I have not gotten it to work on Slim7 yet. There is a problem with the stream in Slim7, so I am investigating that still.

However, the baby is due any day, so I think it will have to wait a while. :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

shpitz461

Aug 25, 2007
Acworth, GA
There was a similar issue with video recording on XenonHD HTC M7, ljjehl was able to fix it a day or two ago. https://forum.xda-developers.com/ht...hd-5-0-2-beta1-27-12-14-t2986038/post70801111

Maybe you can talk to him and see how it was fixed.

He provides us with Snap camera, not sure what you're providing here with Slim.

My wife is still using an S4 (M919, TMO), that's why I'm lurking around these forums :)

I'd love to get her off Touchwiz 5.0.2, too old and too slow... And would love to get Substratum running on her S4 as well.

EDIT: The official site only has download links to MM, I don't see any N builds under any of the S4 variants.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
There was a similar issue with video recording on XenonHD HTC M7, ljjehl was able to fix it a day or two ago. https://forum.xda-developers.com/ht...hd-5-0-2-beta1-27-12-14-t2986038/post70801111

Maybe you can talk to him and see how it was fixed.

He provides us with Snap camera, not sure what you're providing here with Slim.

My wife is still using an S4 (M919, TMO), that's why I'm lurking around these forums :)

I'd love to get her off Touchwiz 5.0.2, too old and too slow... And would love to get Substratum running on her S4 as well.

EDIT: The official site only has download links to MM, I don't see any N builds under any of the S4 variants.
Shpitz461,

Thanks, I will look into that.

As a side note, there are not any official builds for SlimRoms Nougat that I know of either. My build can be downloaded from post #1, but it is unofficial.

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Many thanks ALU!

Which camera app is included? is there any way you can port the S4 Touchwiz camera?

And DUH, not sure how I missed the d/l link in the OP...

Thanks!
The current build has the snap camera but I tried both snap and camera 2 apps, and the problem is the same. I also tried some third party apps just to be sure, and they didn't work either, because the problem is in the framework.

Unfortunately no, we cannot port the tw camera, as that is proprietary closed source. Great thought though!

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Smooth clean fast kernel pretty nice.... one downer ... home button doesnt wake up the device. When this is fix slim will be my daily driver
You and me both! When I get back to building, that is near the top of my to do list.

SlimRoms has always been one of my personal favorite builds, second only to Liquid Smooth and tied with Omnirom.

mike85388

Feb 10, 2017
Surprise, AZ
I flashed both RR and this SlimRom, and although I like both, I kind of prefer Slim. I'm a bit of a minimalist, so the closer to barebones I can get the better, then I add what I want. Along those lines, is there a way to remove the Google search bar? (I didn't install gapps, so not sure where it came from). And is there are a way to remove a couple other of the built-in apps (such as SatStat)?

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
I flashed both RR and this SlimRom, and although I like both, I kind of prefer Slim. I'm a bit of a minimalist, so the closer to barebones I can get the better, then I add what I want. Along those lines, is there a way to remove the Google search bar? (I didn't install gapps, so not sure where it came from). And is there are a way to remove a couple other of the built-in apps (such as SatStat)?
Great questions, are you rooted or not? (Makes a difference for how to do that.)

Sent from my SM-N915F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
For the Google search bar, I think you can turn it out like so:

Go to your home screen.
Hold your finger on an empty part of the screen until the options pop up.
Tap settings.
In the list, usually at the top, deselect search bar.

Hope that helps.

mike85388

Feb 10, 2017
Surprise, AZ
Great questions, are you rooted or not? (Makes a difference for how to do that.)

Sent from my SM-N915F

Yes, I am.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

For the Google search bar, I think you can turn it out like so:

Go to your home screen.
Hold your finger on an empty part of the screen until the options pop up.
Tap settings.
In the list, usually at the top, deselect search bar.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-N915F

It did. I can't believe I had forgotten about that.... :eek:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Yes, I am.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

It did. I can't believe I had forgotten about that.... :eek:
Since you are rooted, this is easy. There are tons of apps on the play store, Aptoid, or Fdroid, like system app remover, app uninstaller, link 2 SD, etc.
Technically, you could do it with the terminal or file browser in the /system folder, too, but if you are unfamiliar with that, I recommend that you use an app for that.

fattest

Jul 28, 2012
Installed this on my jfltecan and having a major problem. When I use the dialer to make a call, the screen shuts off and doesn't come back on, but I can hear the audio from the phone so the handset is still on. I have to do a battery pull or hard reset. Anyone else experienced this? I am using exDialer and Fongo (VOIP).

Edit: Seems like the phone becomes responsive again after a few minutes. Don't think this is specific to this ROM, I experienced the same thing with LineageOS. Not sure what to do here...

Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Installed this on my jfltecan and having a major problem. When I use the dialer to make a call, the screen shuts off and doesn't come back on, but I can hear the audio from the phone so the handset is still on. I have to do a battery pull or hard reset. Anyone else experienced this? I am using exDialer and Fongo (VOIP).

Edit: Seems like the phone becomes responsive again after a few minutes. Don't think this is specific to this ROM, I experienced the same thing with LineageOS. Not sure what to do here...
Fattest,

Other users of nougat rooms are complaining about VoIP apps, and Fongo has been mentioned quite a few times.

If you really need VoIP, I recommend that you stick with a marshmallow build until that gets sorted out.

Since it happens on multiple nougat ROMs, I suspect that either the device trees that we are using need pruning, or that these VoIP apps are not fully nougat compliant. (E.g poor implementation of the api's.)

However, I an willing to look into the problem if anyone will provide me with a log cat after making a VoIP call, along with a description of the problem, like you have here. The logs show me what android says the problem is, so I can troubleshoot.

fattest

Jul 28, 2012
Thanks for the reply Alaska. I did some more experimenting with roms and dialing apps and found the following:

- Not localized to Nougat, I installed Slim6 and I have the same issue
- Not specific to VOIP apps (also tried Viber and WhatsApp), I have the same issue with stock dialer and exDialer.

As soon as I dial out, the screen goes blank and neither home nor power button will wake it. Back and menu buttons are not active. After the call ends and dialer closes, the phone becomes responsive again. At first I thought this was a proximity sensor issue, and maybe it is, but I was previously on stock touchwiz LP 5.0.1 and didn't have this issue with dialers or VOIP. I haven't tried recalibrating or taking the phone apart to remove dust around the sensor. I'll upload a logcat later today.

Edit: Looking more like it's an issue with my phone. I installed slimLP 5.1.1 and same issue with the screen. I'm going back to my stock backup and hope that it's ok there as I need the phone working during the week. Will try again next weekend.

Edit 2: OK it was a proximity sensor issue. I used this app and recalibrated the sensor, now it's working fine in calls. Back to testing Nougat on my S4.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    c774d6876b42e5a01b482e16834b62e5.jpg

To God be the glory, my Slim7 Nougat project finally works!

This is a very slimmed down version of Android Nougat, almost a "vanilla" experience with a few tasteful perks! By design, this ROM comes without root for those who wish to have a "pure" version without the entanglements that come with root, but it can also be easily rooted by using chainfire's SuperSU (see below). In it's default form, it is perfect for those banking apps, workplaces, and games that require you to have a phone without root. No need for tricks or hacks, all while having the latest and greatest Android on your Samsung Galaxy S4.

If you do decide to use root, then you will be pleasently surprised to know that Substratum and layering works with this ROM. While not every part gets updated, for the most part it functions quite well in my initial testing.

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

Downloads:
    Rom Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ilvck...7.1.1.build.0.13-UNOFFICIAL-20170302-0814.zip

OLD ROM download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0mkif1ctinla3s/Slim-jflte-tmo-xx-7.1.1-UNOFFICIAL-20170117.zip

SuperSU download: (There may be newer versions, this is the version I personally tested.)
    http://www.supersu.com/download
    OR
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/w6a196xvq6712j3/supersu279.zip

Gapps link:
    http://opengapps.org/
    -Which I personally only tested Pico. Be sure to choose "Arm" and "7.1".

This Rom has been stable for me for the past few days, however, Nougat is new, so be prepared for some little hic-ups here and there. Be sure to follow these installation steps very carefully, as they may be different then what you are used to.

!!!FIRST BOOT TAKES LONGER THAN 5 EARTH MINUTES TO COMPLETE!!!
    !!!IF YOU FLASH SUPERSU, IT WILL REBOOT SEVERAL TIMES DURING INSTALL, THAT IS OKAY!!!

Installation instructions:
    -Download ROM, and if desired, SuperSU, AKLU kernel, and gapps, and put them on your phone's external storage.
    -Reboot into recovery mode - TWRP (I personally installed this using 3.0.2-0).
    -Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
    -Wipe. (I personally wipe everything prior to flashing new roms, but at least do the basic wipe.)
    -Install Rom.
    -Install Gapps. - Optional
    --> OPTIONAL - If you want to install SuperSU, let the ROM boot up once first, then go back to TWRP and flash SuperSU zip. If it is stuck in a boot loop continually (it boot loops 1 to 4 times normally) then go back to TWRP and wipe cache and try again.
    -Reboot to system and enjoy!

-OPTIONAL - After first boot, then go back to recovery and install the AKLU kernel.

Code:
    What works:
    So far everything that I have tried works, such as
    - Camera for pictures only!
    --> See notes section about video recordings.
    - Phone calls/receiving
    - Data 2g/3g/LTE
    - Bluetooth
    - WiFi
    - PTP/MTP
    - GPS
    - WiFi hotspot
    - Multi-Window
    etc....

What doesn't:
    - Video recording with the camera doesn't work right, see the notes section.
    - Choosing to reboot the phone sometimes takes a loooong time. It may be better to Power off and then start the phone, which is faster for some reason.
    -Let me know in the forums if you find other issues so I can work on fixing them.

This SlimRoms Nougat ROM was built for the JFLTETMO using modified LineageOS JFLTEXX trees. I have not tried this on any other device, but you are welcome to try it AT YOUR OWN RISK. It should flash on all JFLTEXX variants as well. Chime in if it worked on your device.

A huge thanks to the SlimRoms Project team!
    Disclaimer: SlimRoms is not responsible for any damages to your device.
    All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make SlimRoms, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

A huge thanks to the SlimRoms team!

SlimRoms XDA Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/slimroms
    Source Code: http://github.com/SlimRoms/
    Official websites: http://www.slimroms.net/ or http://slimroms.org/

ROM OS Version: 7.1.1 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.112
    Based On: AOSP and LineageOS.

My device trees: https://github.com/alaskalinuxuser/
    If you want the Overclocked AKLU kernel - Better performance and battery life:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-tmobile/development/kernel-nougat-kernels-t3492592

Created 2017-01-17
    Last Updated 2017-03-03

Change log:
    Code:
    -Synced with Slim source
    -Fixed home button wake function. Now you can wake the phone with the home button.

-Synced with Slim source
    -Added OmniSwitcher as optional switcher.
    -Initial release!
    Awaiting the op update with camera fixes etc
    (only because Alaska has fixed camera!! Yay!)

Sent from my SGH-M919V using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Thanks for the kind words, but it really was @side who fixed the video camera.

Unfortunately, I have not gotten it to work on Slim7 yet. There is a problem with the stream in Slim7, so I am investigating that still.

However, the baby is due any day, so I think it will have to wait a while. :D

Thanks for the reply Alaska. I did some more experimenting with roms and dialing apps and found the following:

- Not localized to Nougat, I installed Slim6 and I have the same issue
    - Not specific to VOIP apps (also tried Viber and WhatsApp), I have the same issue with stock dialer and exDialer.

As soon as I dial out, the screen goes blank and neither home nor power button will wake it. Back and menu buttons are not active. After the call ends and dialer closes, the phone becomes responsive again. At first I thought this was a proximity sensor issue, and maybe it is, but I was previously on stock touchwiz LP 5.0.1 and didn't have this issue with dialers or VOIP. I haven't tried recalibrating or taking the phone apart to remove dust around the sensor. I'll upload a logcat later today.

Edit: Looking more like it's an issue with my phone. I installed slimLP 5.1.1 and same issue with the screen. I'm going back to my stock backup and hope that it's ok there as I need the phone working during the week. Will try again next weekend.

Edit 2: OK it was a proximity sensor issue. I used this app and recalibrated the sensor, now it's working fine in calls. Back to testing Nougat on my S4.
    Okay guys, so I was wrong. I said I was not returning to work on this rom, but I worked on this rom. That being said, I don't think I'll be working on this rom anytime soon again. (I think.)

But, I just couldn't leave it hanging in such a bad state. SlimRoms is just too good of a rom to leave while it was still not finished yet. So, I did a little more tinkering. A new rom download is in the OP.

-Synced with Slim source
    And the fixes from 0.7 to 0.13 from SlimRoms:

Changes and Fixes

From .13
    SlimRecents: Fix task order and dupe entries
    SlimRecents: Remove any tasks greater than our task limit
    SlimRecents: Minor cleanup
    frameworks/base: PhoneWindowManager: add mTopFullscreenOpaqueWindowState null check to fix exception (Fixes power button not working on specific conditions)
    libcore: Revert some old changes, Modify j.t.DateFormat.set24HourTimePref() to take a Boolean
    packages/apps/Snap: Several fixes and updates
    system/extras: Revert 'Add back aosp SU' (fixes Safetynet)
    vendor/slim: Update for Slim7 Beta 0.13

From .12
    New Feature: Ascending ringtone volume
    Updates to Caffiene QS tile behavior
    Fixed ColorPicker not sticking on SlimRecents
    Fixed a string for ColorPicker resets
    Fixed Advanced Settings FC
    vendor/slim: Update for Beta 0.12\

From .11
    Merged android-7.1.1_r21 with February security patches
    New Quick Settings tiles: NFC, USB Tethering, Screenshot, IME Selector, Sync, and Caffiene
    hardware/samsung: add a common mkbooting.mk to stop kernel seandroid warning
    hardware/qcom/media: Fix duplicated OMX.qcom.audio.decoder.aac entry
    packages/apps/Gallery2: Fix Locations view crash
    packages/apps/Snap: Translation updates
    vendor/slim: Update for Beta 0.11

From .10
    SlimDoze added and updated for 7.1.1
    Fix crash on WifiAdvancedSettings
    Fix double press power for camera settings
    external/ffmpeg: android: Regenerate configs
    frameworks/av: libstagefright: Restore AOSP's handling of 24/32-bit wav files (Fixes allow notifications)
    frameworks/base: Updates to status bar dimensions, OMS, and some others
    frameworks/native: General fixes and updates
    frameworks/opt/telephony: Fixes and cleanups after 7.1.1 merge
    hardware/samsung: Upstream updates from LineageOS
    packages/apps/Settings: More OMS updates
    packages/apps/Snap: General fixes and updates
    packages/services/Telecomm: General fixes and updates
    packages/services/Telephony: General fixes and updates
    vendor/slim: Update for Beta 0.10, updates and fixes to APNs

From .9
    Updated UI colors for Nougat
    Update various icons
    Fix default values for SlimSettings
    Fix Navbar Settings theme support
    frameworks/base: Updates to bootanimation, SystemUITuner
    frameworks/native: Upstream from LineageOS
    frameworks/opt/telephony: Plmn name override
    external/ffmpeg: libavcodec: Revert sdclang workaround
    packages/apps/Snap: Upstream from LineageOS
    packages/services/Telecomm: Kill duplicate method definition
    platform_manifest: Fix Readme/Instructions
    vendor/slim: Update for Beta 0.9, other fixes and updates

From .8
    Fix SlimRecents postition at opening
    Fix button placing for SlimRecents
    Add vector graphic for Screen Pinning
    Fix ColorPicker
    Merge initial OMS support
    Fix for actions not working when long-pressing back button on Navbar
    Fix for Battery Circle background issues with light status bar
    Fix for SlimRecents topmost switch not properly working
    build: Add slim framework for static libraries
    frameworks/base: Numerous updates and fixes
    frameworks/opt/slim: Several updates and fixes
    packages/apps/Dialer: Automatic translation import
    packages/apps/Settings: New slim framework package name and automatic translation import
    packages/apps/SlimLauncher: Automatic translation import and merge android-7.1.1_r13
    packages/apps/Snap: Fix camera control rotation issues, other fixes
    packages/services/Telephony: New slim framework package name and automatic translation import
    system/sepolicy: domain: Create a dummy domain for qc's rmt and let it access /dev/mem
    vendor/slim: config: Remove obsolete props, Update to 0.8 Beta

This all started because I had a few minutes and thought I could fix the home button wake issue. Which I did, but then it evolved into this update. Real OMS built in support, not just legacy mode, but true OMS. It's not perfect yet, but it has come a long way. So, enjoy!

If there are more issues, I don't think I can fix them for a while, but you can write them down by posting here. Maybe sometime I can sort through them and look into a couple of fixes....

Thanks for your support, patience, and understanding.
    -AlaskaLinuxUser
    As you may have noticed, my production of roms and bug fixes has slowed down significantly.

This is due to two factors, namely: limited time, and limited internet availability. Because of this I will no longer be actively developing for this rom. I will only be posting this note in roms that I no longer actively develop for, as I will be, at least at this time, slimming down to only one or two active rom(s) per phone that I work on.

What this means:

- The download link will stay active.
    I do not intend to take down the roms that are already built. You can certainly continue to download and use this rom!

- I will no longer be updating this rom.
    No security updates, new features, nor bug fixes.

- I can focus on the one rom per phone to make a higher quality product, verses mere quantity of builds.

I appologize if this is one of your favorite roms and that you wish to maintain the latest and greatest security patches and features, but right now I do not have the time nor internet to maintain these updates. This may change in the future, and if it does, I'll be sure to post to let everyone know. Please do not PM me with questions about updating or fixing something in this rom.

If you are capable of building and wish to build this rom and share it on XDA, I assure you that you are welcome to do so. PM me if you have questions about that.

Thank you,
    -AlaskaLinuxUser
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone