Inactive Recognized Developer
- May 18, 2014
/* * * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
To avoid confusion with the OFFICIAL CyanogenMod build tags that include Nightly/Developement (every 24 hours, experimental, newest features, unstable) and Snapshot/Release (every 1-2 months, suitable for daily use, devices signed-off by maintainers for inclusion), these UNOFFICIAL builds have three tags:
- STABLE: include tested changes and confirmed bug fixes;
are suitable for daily use.
- TESTING: include experimental changes to be evaluated and to possibly fix some issues;
may be used as daily driver only if they don't break functionality or introduce new issues.
- VZW-ONLY: same as TESTING builds, but support Verizon variant (VZW SM-N910V) only.
This ROM supports all Snapdragon variants, especially US variants (Verizon / VZW SM-N910V, T-Mobile/TMO SM-N910T, Sprint / SPR SM-N910P, and US Cellular / USC SM-N910R4) and Canadian variant (SM-N910W8). This is only possible because I made major changes to
the kernel,init, and frameworks/telephony overlays. Moreoever, the vendor proprietary blobs for VZW variant support both CDMA and GSM networks. So, the device name/model and related properties will reflect the VZW base/blobs.
Check the ROM status in the 3rd post!
For stability, this ROM uses ~pure Samsung source code for the kernel with carefully cherry-picked commits from CAF MSM 3.10 source code for APQ8084. A few patches are merged to implement some CMHW features. Moreover, driver updates are integrated from the latest Samsung releases.
I'm also contributing to this kernel repo that will be shipped in some builds for extra features.
- Hit THANKS
- Make backup
- Do a full factory reset
You should wipe the system partition!
- Flash ROM + Gapps ARM 7.1
Gapps nano package is recommended!
- Clean flash (wipe system/data/cache/dalvik) is required.
- You need to install nano Gapps for ARM SDK 25 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat) .
- You may also need to set default Apps and grant special access/permissions.
In Settings/Apps, click the Settings icon and select "Show system" from the 3-dot menu, as needed.
- Make sure that your preferred APNs are selected in Settings/Cellular networks.
A voluntary work consumes resources and more importantly time!
If you'd like to support the development, you may donate here:
- It's fine to just click THANKS or enjoy without saying anything.
- A donation is to show appreciation of the work I have done already.
- A donation is not by any means in expectation of future work.
- A donation doesn't entitle for preferred/private support/requests.
- A donation is meant as a gift - always appreciated, never required.
If you couldn't donate, you can hit THANKS :good:
CyanogenMod 14.1, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: N910VVRU2CPJ2
Based On: CyanogenMod
Current Stable Version: 14.1-20161225
Stable Release Date: 2016-12-25
Last Updated 2016-12-25