[ROM][7.1.1] Unofficial CyanogenMod/LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 9

Search This thread

harryyoud

Apr 16, 2012
So... CyanogenMod is dead. LineageOS is taking it's place. The ROM is basically CyanogenMod but with changes to the name.
This is completely 'stock' from their source code, so this will encrypt your tablet, and will be prerooted (under Developer options in Settings)

Changelog is available at LineageOS Gerrit

There are no apparent bugs, but any bug reports will be welcome.

Gapps are available at opengapps.org.

Installation
  1. Flash the latest 7.1.1 vendor image in fastboot (fastboot flash vendor vendor.img)
  2. Download latest release from here
  3. Install it in TWRP recovery
  4. Install the downloaded opengapps package

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial CyanogenMod/LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 9, ROM for the Nexus 9

Contributors
hazzer
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 7.1.1 (NMF26F) vendor, latest bootloader
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-04
Last Updated 2016-12-29

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161204-151720.png
    Screenshot_20161204-151720.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 3,781

lmulli

Mar 6, 2010
Not quite the first CM14.1 for the Nexus 9, but appreciated you taking the time and effort to compile it in any case.

harryyoud

Apr 16, 2012
@hazzer Root is broken on latest 12/05 build. It disappeared from the developer settings. It was functioning in 12/04 build.

Hi,

Sorry there was no note attached to the build about this. I purposely removed this so that I could pass safety net by default on the ROM.
If you would like root instead of Android Pay, you can try either SuperSU or Magisk with phh's superuser. If you use Magisk hide, you should be able to get root while passing safety net.

Again, sorry about not noting this, I'll make sure I do later today.

harryyoud

Apr 16, 2012
Hi,

If you take a look at the download page, I've now added the reason root was and still will be removed. I've also posted a link to the vendor image and latest bootloader. I would recommend downloading the bootloader from Google themselves if possible. The newest source code for the Nexus 9 device tree has been merged into my GitHub however hasn't made it's way into the latest build (20161205). It will be in 06's build.

Sorry about the poor communication regarding root and the likes

Reactions: ipdev and albsat

tibere86

Feb 14, 2009
Rockville, MD
Hi,

If you take a look at the download page, I've now added the reason root was and still will be removed. I've also posted a link to the vendor image and latest bootloader. I would recommend downloading the bootloader from Google themselves if possible. The newest source code for the Nexus 9 device tree has been merged into my GitHub however hasn't made it's way into the latest build (20161205). It will be in 06's build.

Sorry about the poor communication regarding root and the likes
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to let you know :good:

McFlypants

Mar 22, 2013
Rom is working great!! But i have one problem: I don't have a mobile signal. It just says "no carrier" (in german "Kein Dienst") and i can't set up mobile settings. What to do?

harryyoud

Apr 16, 2012
Rom is working great!! But i have one problem: I don't have a mobile signal. It just says "no carrier" (in german "Kein Dienst") and i can't set up mobile settings. What to do?

That's probably because this is built for the non-LTE version of the Nexus 9. I'm gonna try and add flounder_lte to my build system tonight. I'll post a build sometime tonight or tomorrow if that's okay?

Reactions: fleischbanane

McFlypants

Mar 22, 2013
That's probably because this is built for the non-LTE version of the Nexus 9. I'm gonna try and add flounder_lte to my build system tonight. I'll post a build sometime tonight or tomorrow if that's okay?

Yeah, great!! I'll flash it immediately when it's online. Going to try the stock rom now to prove that it's your rom and not the device. We'll stay in contact

harryyoud

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, great!! I'll flash it immediately when it's online. Going to try the stock rom now to prove that it's your rom and not the device. We'll stay in contact

Hi,

I'm a little late actually successfully getting an LTE version built, as the device tree hasn't been updated for CM14.1 yet. I'll make sure to mention you here when I've got one ready. Sorry for taking so long

Harry

McFlypants

Mar 22, 2013
Hi,

I'm a little late actually successfully getting an LTE version built, as the device tree hasn't been updated for CM14.1 yet. I'll make sure to mention you here when I've got one ready. Sorry for taking so long

Harry

No problem, i am aware that it's your freetime you are spending here.

Btw LTE works on CM13 and stock rom, so it's definately not the device. I'm looking forward for your build but i don't need LTE on my nexus 9 the next 4 days. So don't stress yourself :good:

Reactions: harryyoud

harryyoud

Apr 16, 2012
No problem, i am aware that it's your freetime you are spending here.

Btw LTE works on CM13 and stock rom, so it's definately not the device. I'm looking forward for your build but i don't need LTE on my nexus 9 the next 4 days. So don't stress yourself :good:

I've actually managed to get one built, if you want to take a look. It's below the flounder section. I don't have an LTE Nexus 9 to test, so you'll to let me know how it goes :)

McFlypants

Mar 22, 2013
I tried your builds for 13th and 14th of December (WITH LTE) and they all don't get a LTE signal. Also no sim-toolkit installed and no APN-Settings.

I stay with your first LTE-Build, it's fine!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So... CyanogenMod is dead. LineageOS is taking it's place. The ROM is basically CyanogenMod but with changes to the name.
    This is completely 'stock' from their source code, so this will encrypt your tablet, and will be prerooted (under Developer options in Settings)

Changelog is available at LineageOS Gerrit

There are no apparent bugs, but any bug reports will be welcome.

Gapps are available at opengapps.org.

Installation
    1. Flash the latest 7.1.1 vendor image in fastboot (fastboot flash vendor vendor.img)
    2. Download latest release from here
    3. Install it in TWRP recovery
    4. Install the downloaded opengapps package

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod/LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 9, ROM for the Nexus 9

Contributors
    hazzer
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 7.1.1 (NMF26F) vendor, latest bootloader
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-04
    Last Updated 2016-12-29
    Hi,

Su problem (re: debuggable=0) fixed. I had been using a fix for some annoying Nintendo and banking apps, and it shouldn't have leaked into the public facing builds. Sorry about that.

You may/may not have also noticed in the last few builds, the OTA updater is now working and pointed to my server, which should make things at little easier.

Official hopefully should be soon™; the maintainers want to fix some pesky bugs before releasing.
    Back again. Spoke to ciwrl (a member of CyanogenModLineageOS team), and I'm unofficially a device maintainer now for both flounder and flounder_lte (alongside razorloves, ciwrl and hashbang173). I'm going to now be posting completely stock LineageOS builds with NO modifications (encryption is back). This means exactly what you expected from the CM14.1 official nightlies. I'll continue these until LineageOS gets into gear and starts nightly builds.

First builds should be tonight.
    Hi,
    Hope you all had a great Christmas day.

You've probably all heard the bad news (https://www.xda-developers.com/the-death-of-cyangenmod-and-whats-in-store-for-the-future/). This means theres no chance of official nightlies in the near future. I'll continue to build these, and we'll see whether @simonsickle (the flounder(_lte) device maintainer) has anything to add, or wishes to do his own "official" builds.

H