• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.1_r12] Cyanide-N [23/01/2017]

Search This thread

vikrant699

Mar 31, 2015
New Delhi
photo.jpg

WELCOME TO Cyanide

ROM INFORMATION

Basic intro for now, based on AOSP this ROM will be stuffed full of features while being stable and battery friendly. If you like options then you'll have a tough time finding more I would GUESS. ;)

DOWNLOADS

ROM
Gapps

ROM INSTALLATION

If coming from a different ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
2) WIPE SYSTEM
3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
6) Enjoy

If updating from older version of Cyanide

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System
2) Flash ROM and Gapps
3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Thank You and Enjoy!

Google+ Community

XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanide, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
vikrant699, rogersb11
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanideL
Kernel Source: https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-23

Created 2016-12-27
Last Updated 2017-01-23

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161227-021811.jpg
    Screenshot_20161227-021811.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 4,826
  • Screenshot_20161227-021833.jpg
    Screenshot_20161227-021833.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 4,978
  • Screenshot_20161227-021841.png
    Screenshot_20161227-021841.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 4,858
  • Screenshot_20161227-021852.png
    Screenshot_20161227-021852.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 4,611
  • Screenshot_20161227-021918.jpg
    Screenshot_20161227-021918.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 4,487
  • Screenshot_20161227-021924.jpg
    Screenshot_20161227-021924.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 4,432
  • Screenshot_20161227-021930.png
    Screenshot_20161227-021930.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 4,238
  • Screenshot_20161227-021944.png
    Screenshot_20161227-021944.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 3,950
  • Screenshot_20161227-022007.png
    Screenshot_20161227-022007.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 3,663
  • Screenshot_20161227-022016.png
    Screenshot_20161227-022016.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 3,509
  • Screenshot_20161227-022101.jpg
    Screenshot_20161227-022101.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 3,418
Last edited:

johnhux7

Sep 18, 2013
Inverness
IWell guys I must say that on first impressions in very impressed.
The ROM downloaded very quickly
I flashed exactly as you said, wipe and clean install.
First time I tried it with open GAPPs 7.1Stock and it went through the installation process went through to installing super su then bounced back to TWRP when it came to installing GAPPs
I tried again with GAPPS 7.1 nano that I had used in a pervious ROM and it all installed no bother.
It did boot loop a couple of times before it got to the ANDROID boot animation.
I like the way the the ANDROID just sort of glimmers its simple and different.
It only took a few mins to boot and run through the set up and with use of titanium backup I had the whole thing set up in 10 mins.
The black and blue theme looks really good on my black Nexus.!
I ran through all the settings and couldn't find anything that isn't working for what I use.
I dont use this phone as a daily so I can't comment on the sim / signal / 4g etc.
All in all this looks like a great ROM that looks different from the others.
I prefer the Nova Launcher that you included over the pixel just coz I can do more with it.
This ROM is fast, smooth really well put together and looks different from the others.
It's the inbuilt theme engine that makes this a real winner although I'm not sure if you can add more theme than what are provided. There is enough there for me
Nice one guys
Thank you for you work.
Yes I have been poisoned by Cyanide
John

Last edited:
Reactions: vikrant699

vikrant699

Mar 31, 2015
New Delhi
Cyanide has inbuilt themeing options, so OMS isn't merged. Substratum legacy may work if you don't apply framework. In built themeing includes changing of colours and fonts which is applicable almost everywhere.

Reactions: johnhux7

johnhux7

Sep 18, 2013
Inverness
I'm noticing that my battery seems to be draining very quickly.
It goes onto doze mode no bother when the phone isn't being moved.
I used TB to back up 2 apps and the battery was empty.
I did calibration with the battery when first installed.
I will do a screen shot on the next battery cycle.
John

johnhux7

Sep 18, 2013
Inverness
Last battery cycle
I just had a quick go of the video recorder and it films and records & plays all good.
Just need to look at the battery

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161227-205551.png
    Screenshot_20161227-205551.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:

johnhux7

Sep 18, 2013
Inverness
Second battery cycle.
This is without a SIM card
The ROM dose mode is working as the battery life doesn't move until you start to move the phone.
I'm not playing any games.
No extreme use only on Google + and on here XDA
Battery saver is on
Hope this is of some use.
I really like the ROM but the battery is running out very quickly but then it only takes half hour or so to fully recharge
John

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161227-235642.png
    Screenshot_20161227-235642.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

vikrant699

Mar 31, 2015
New Delhi
Second battery cycle.
This is without a SIM card
The ROM dose mode is working as the battery life doesn't move until you start to move the phone.
I'm not playing any games.
No extreme use only on Google + and on here XDA
Battery saver is on
Hope this is of some use.
I really like the ROM but the battery is running out very quickly but then it only takes half hour or so to fully recharge
John

So to have a look at the issue. I clean flashed my build. Again. Initially got the heavy battery drain from Android System and Miscellaneous, did a few reboots, no effect. So what I did was, enabled Battery Saver and then disabled it. Don't know why though but the heavy battery drain was gone for me. At 39% stats showed around 1 hour and 20 minutes left. Used it till the phone was off and yep, I got more than an hour of usage from those 39%. So I think it must be an app misbehaving in the background. And this battery drain issue is present in a lot of ROMs, like AOSiP and Fake Nexus. So its just an app draining the battery.

johnhux7

Sep 18, 2013
Inverness
So to have a look at the issue. I clean flashed my build. Again. Initially got the heavy battery drain from Android System and Miscellaneous, did a few reboots, no effect. So what I did was, enabled Battery Saver and then disabled it. Don't know why though but the heavy battery drain was gone for me. At 39% stats showed around 1 hour and 20 minutes left. Used it till the phone was off and yep, I got more than an hour of usage from those 39%. So I think it must be an app misbehaving in the background. And this battery drain issue is present in a lot of ROMs, like AOSiP and Fake Nexus. So its just an app draining the battery.
OK mate I will try that and see how it goes.
Anyway of finding out what app it is ?
John

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs

johnhux7

Sep 18, 2013
Inverness
I dont see whats in the features menu.

I can't get online with my Nexus at the MO due to hotspot issues.
I will get some screenshots up for you although I'm nothing to do with this ROM I'm just a tester.
You could always just flash the ROM yourself and have a look.
Failing that I'm sure that the developer will put up what you need.
It's a smart ROM. Looks good
John

Reactions: Rezei

Rezei

Dec 30, 2015
I can't get online with my Nexus at the MO due to hotspot issues.
I will get some screenshots up for you although I'm nothing to do with this ROM I'm just a tester.
You could always just flash the ROM yourself and have a look.
Failing that I'm sure that the developer will put up what you need.
It's a smart ROM. Looks good
John

Ill wait patiently. Im on RR right now. But i want to test other roms. But search for a rom with similar amount of customization. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo.jpg

WELCOME TO Cyanide

ROM INFORMATION

Basic intro for now, based on AOSP this ROM will be stuffed full of features while being stable and battery friendly. If you like options then you'll have a tough time finding more I would GUESS. ;)

DOWNLOADS

ROM
    Gapps

ROM INSTALLATION

If coming from a different ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    2) WIPE SYSTEM
    3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
    5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
    6) Enjoy

If updating from older version of Cyanide

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System
    2) Flash ROM and Gapps
    3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Thank You and Enjoy!

Google+ Community

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanide, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    vikrant699, rogersb11
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanideL
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-01-23

Created 2016-12-27
    Last Updated 2017-01-23
    Update is here. :)

Build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120702503

Use the gapps you like. Enjoy. And as for the one user who reported battery issue, I still don't have it at all.
    I have been running this ROM as a daily driver. There is still no updates for the ROM. Good ROM but is this development going forward or a one time deal.
    Yep, I'll be updating soon. Just a little busy with some exams.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Issue I'm having with ROM

Stated as a BETA already. And I guess as a user, it is you who should inform me about the issues you're facing, instead of complaining about it being a daily driver. Using since 2 days, I don't have any FC's, freezes, random reboots or any 'not working' feature over here.

ROM looks great. Good work vikrant699. However, I do have one issue with this one and I've had it twice today. I was testing out the ROM on the different themes that were provided in here. Blackout and Material Dark work just fine. The Material Light theme is a different story. It looks like it themed parts of it but when I reboot my phone to get it to implement this theme fully. I get an error message telling me that SystemUI has crashed. I get two options. One is to close the app and the other one is to Mute until the phone is restarted. When I choose close app, it's like it's in an endless loop but when I select the mute option, all I get is a black screen.

The only way I can get out of it is to reboot into recovery and do a factory reset. Just thought that you might want to be aware of this. If you all have any ideas as to what's going on here, any constructive input would definitely be greatly appreciated.

Cindy
    IWell guys I must say that on first impressions in very impressed.
    The ROM downloaded very quickly
    I flashed exactly as you said, wipe and clean install.
    First time I tried it with open GAPPs 7.1Stock and it went through the installation process went through to installing super su then bounced back to TWRP when it came to installing GAPPs
    I tried again with GAPPS 7.1 nano that I had used in a pervious ROM and it all installed no bother.
    It did boot loop a couple of times before it got to the ANDROID boot animation.
    I like the way the the ANDROID just sort of glimmers its simple and different.
    It only took a few mins to boot and run through the set up and with use of titanium backup I had the whole thing set up in 10 mins.
    The black and blue theme looks really good on my black Nexus.!
    I ran through all the settings and couldn't find anything that isn't working for what I use.
    I dont use this phone as a daily so I can't comment on the sim / signal / 4g etc.
    All in all this looks like a great ROM that looks different from the others.
    I prefer the Nova Launcher that you included over the pixel just coz I can do more with it.
    This ROM is fast, smooth really well put together and looks different from the others.
    It's the inbuilt theme engine that makes this a real winner although I'm not sure if you can add more theme than what are provided. There is enough there for me
    Nice one guys
    Thank you for you work.
    Yes I have been poisoned by Cyanide
    John