[ROM][7.1.2][2018-01-15][desire 816 A5][Qualcomm SoC]unofficial LineageOS (inactive)

Search This thread

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Re synced and rebuilding
The rild startup issue might be it needing a NUL terminated string in the rild socket /dev/smd0 before starting. One of the qc routines (log message routine, I forget the exact name right now) in the Qualcomm rild blob is throwing a strlen error as it repeatedly segfaults, and Linux strings are supposed to be terminated with zero or strlen will segfault. The /dev/smd0 socket is completely empty until rild starts properly, so has no zero-terminated string to read in it.
Still no significant progress at this point.

Ed128

Aug 30, 2016
rild blobs, strlen errors, segfaults...oh my! Wish I could help but way over my head. In the meantime, CM13 working beautifully so I say Thanks Again.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
(mostly upstream) fixed the bt again.

Today's build uploading.
Celebrating the partial camera functionality and my new ISP that hopefully won't be so bloody slow.
So, last three big malfunctions are:
ril still starts randomly and eventually.
videocamera has a codec problem and won't record.
nfc still broken.

Built-in an extra tweak for fun, APNG (animated PNG) support. only seems to work in fennec though, haven't patched gello for it to handle apng yet.

Once the dwg build goes up too, maybe someone wants to test something for me.
If I leave my phone alone long enough while it's in the cm setup wizard it'll turn on the ril. So I'd like to know if the same happens on any dual sim devices. If it turns on the ril before you go through the setup wizard then it should be possible to configure the sims and use telephony during that boot (and then like mine, on subsequent boots once the dang thing decides to start itself up.)
But it doesn't always start up at all, and sometimes takes an hour or more to get going. So anyone who wants to test this idea on dual sim needs time to let it sit and patience.

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
ok, fresh dwg and ul builds uploaded. APNG support in Firefox if you install it. -userdebug instead of -eng (no red flashes, enable developer mode by tapping build number 5 times..)
working still camera. nfc still broken along with videocamera.

Oct 10, 2016
Thanks 😊

DWG build uploaded
UL uploading yet again
First of all thanks for your beautiful work for (@bigsupersquid) building noughat ROMs for HTC desire 816 DWG version.:) Yesterday I tested your latest version. In previous built - camera , phone, sim are not worked

But in latest version, calling feature ( dialer) is fixed. But still now it shows please insert sim card and it unable to detect the sim. It shows Simcard not available. Camera works OK. But couldn't record video and whenever i try to record videos it come back to video section.:(

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
First of all thanks for your beautiful work for (@bigsupersquid) building noughat ROMs for HTC desire 816 DWG version.:) Yesterday I tested your latest version. In previous built - camera , phone, sim are not worked

But in latest version, calling feature ( dialer) is fixed. But still now it shows please insert sim card and it unable to detect the sim. It shows Simcard not available. Camera works OK. But couldn't record video and whenever i try to record videos it come back to video section.:(
videocamera is broken by new n security feature that messes up mediaserver for older proprietary blobs.
the sim issue is across all variants.
you might try leaving it on for a while (until/if the No Sim label goes away) and try settings-backup and reset-reset network settings once the ril comes on. If it does /eventually/ activate the RIL on dual sim like single sim, then after the RIL is active and network settings are reset, it might let you configure sim service settings.

ahbecan

Feb 4, 2012
Huawei P20 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
videocamera is broken by new n security feature that messes up mediaserver for older proprietary blobs.
the sim issue is across all variants.
you might try leaving it on for a while (until/if the No Sim label goes away) and try settings-backup and reset-reset network settings once the ril comes on. If it does /eventually/ activate the RIL on dual sim like single sim, then after the RIL is active and network settings are reset, it might let you configure sim service settings.

Hi bigsupersquid,

My a5_dug is like @naveenprasad24's phone. Videocamera and both sims are not working.

I tried "reset network" but It didn't change anything.

Reactions: bigsupersquid

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Hi bigsupersquid,

My a5_dug is like @naveenprasad24's phone. Videocamera and both sims are not working.

I tried "reset network" but It didn't change anything.
Reset network won't do anything useful until/if the ril starts. It just clears the telephony databases (and WiFi/BT accesses). Videocamera broken till cm fixes it or I hack into framework and remove the 'security fix' that needs newer binary blobs to be effective. doubt the a5 will see N blobs from htc, and pretty sure Qualcomm obsoleted our SoC this year and won't be updating our blobs anymore either.

Reactions: ahbecan

ajones23

Apr 13, 2011
New Braunfels,Tx
Reset network won't do anything useful until/if the ril starts. It just clears the telephony databases (and WiFi/BT accesses). Videocamera broken till cm fixes it or I hack into framework and remove the 'security fix' that needs newer binary blobs to be effective. doubt the a5 will see N blobs from htc, and pretty sure Qualcomm obsoleted our SoC this year and won't be updating our blobs anymore either.

What about another HTC device with the same setup as ours. Some HTC devices are getting N this year. We maybe just stuck with CM13.

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
What about another HTC device with the same setup as ours. Some HTC devices are getting N this year. We maybe just stuck with CM13.
nah, if androidarmv6 code plus device folder tweaks could bring my froyo Optimus V up to KitKat with only Qualcomm ICS adreno blobs, we'll have cm14 running OK on this device.
maybe a little glitchy but it'll mostly work out. and I've got a template for what to do to framework to get rid of the "native buffer handle" that is locking out camcorder function. good old indie devs. Oops, not sony this time (was for phone calls though) but one plus one. If the patches work out (attempting some from here)
i might be able to steal msm8974 blobs from the m8 and m8d of they get updated, but they're not all going to work with the a5 (and they generally depend on each other which makes it harder to pick and choose which ones to take.)
considering Sony Xperia blobs, one of those has msm8974w or something like that which is almost compatible with the a5 SoC, but the radio is different, and probably the camera too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahbecan

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
so I was messing around and noticed that the still camera is relatively fast. Not as quick as a real camera shutter, but noticably faster than I'm used to with android.

And I tested several SD cards. Some are recognized, some aren't.
My little Lexar 16GB, all four partitions mount and are readable by the ROM. A VFAT partition and 3 EXT4 partitions (android storage, /userdata, raspbian, and /system from my souped up old Optimus V if it matters.)
While my 64GB samsung high speed card, 2 partitions, VFAT and EXT4, which cm13 reads just fine, is unrecognized in cm14.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like this disclaimer.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Now upgraded to daily driver!
    I don't expect any serious issues with this now, and will call it stable.

Not working: LiveDisplay, themes, you tell me with logs
    Root no longer built in with Lineage OS. Use SuperSU
    Works: NFC, Wifi, BT, tether, rotation, root, sound, video, MTP, GPS/network location, calls, mobile data, MMS, SMS messages, still camera, videocamera, flashlight, ?

File manager root functions working on 12-28-2016 build.
    Also includes microg signature spoofing.
    60 step volume control
    Pixel home button animation from CypherOS
    Use nanomod for microg if you want.
    I can't test on dwg/dug but there's a build up for you anyway.

Flash with twrp for htc a5 from twrp.me use 3.0.2 or it may bootloop.

for clean flash, wipe>advanced wipe>system, cache, and data
    if wifi and or bluetooth go funny on first boot, reboot a time or two and it should settle down.
    seems to dirty flash nicely. wipe dalvik cache and cache. Be aware that dirty flashes may cause weird little glitches you can avoid with a clean flash then setting it all up from scratch.

Then flash rom.

If you had gapps and dirty flashed, be sure to flash arm-7.1 gapps before rebooting. If you're using microg, you shouldn't need to copy anything into /system, that set of gapps installs just fine as user apps, and should survive a dirty flash.

ROM folder link in post 2.
    Download the md5sum file with the rom so twrp can verify it isn't corrupted before flashing.

for those having issues with boot reverting to fastboot from corrupted /data partitions who do not want to format /data to fix it; (single SIM version. If you need a dual SIM version pm me and I'll build/upload one.)
    attached here on this post, unpack boot.img from non-flashable zip file.
    Back up your boot.img with trwp before flashing.
    flash by fastboot or recovery, for latest ROM release with the errors=panic flag set in the fstab.

Source: cm lineageos, branch cm-14.1
    roomservice.xml with my tweaks
    https://github.com/bigsuperprojects/android_roomservice
    patches (signature spoofing and enhanced volume control)
    https://github.com/bigsuperprojects/cm-14-patches
    pixel home button animation
    https://github.com/bigsuperprojects...mmit/51f6d0f98ea614d61f9500397fe6761867a232c9
    ok, uploading final build for 2016 now. grey android bootanimation.
    Put back the pixel animation, because, oh, why not.
    bluetooth working and CIFS enabled.
    enjoy and happy holiday all
    //edit: uploaded now
    Most of the current errors likely have been fixed upstream by now.
    On the plus side, I'm supposed to have my landline internet connection back up next week, which increases the chances of me getting another build together.
    hacked-together new kernel almost booting. crashing with missing dtb thing it says.
    kinda surprised it got that far, actually. still working on it. light at the end of the tunnel though.