[ROM][7.1.2][2018-01-15][desire 816 A5][Qualcomm SoC]unofficial LineageOS (inactive)

Search This thread

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I like this disclaimer.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Now upgraded to daily driver!
I don't expect any serious issues with this now, and will call it stable.

Not working: LiveDisplay, themes, you tell me with logs
Root no longer built in with Lineage OS. Use SuperSU
Works: NFC, Wifi, BT, tether, rotation, root, sound, video, MTP, GPS/network location, calls, mobile data, MMS, SMS messages, still camera, videocamera, flashlight, ?

File manager root functions working on 12-28-2016 build.
Also includes microg signature spoofing.
60 step volume control
Pixel home button animation from CypherOS
Use nanomod for microg if you want.
I can't test on dwg/dug but there's a build up for you anyway.

Flash with twrp for htc a5 from twrp.me use 3.0.2 or it may bootloop.

for clean flash, wipe>advanced wipe>system, cache, and data
if wifi and or bluetooth go funny on first boot, reboot a time or two and it should settle down.
seems to dirty flash nicely. wipe dalvik cache and cache. Be aware that dirty flashes may cause weird little glitches you can avoid with a clean flash then setting it all up from scratch.

Then flash rom.

If you had gapps and dirty flashed, be sure to flash arm-7.1 gapps before rebooting. If you're using microg, you shouldn't need to copy anything into /system, that set of gapps installs just fine as user apps, and should survive a dirty flash.

ROM folder link in post 2.
Download the md5sum file with the rom so twrp can verify it isn't corrupted before flashing.

for those having issues with boot reverting to fastboot from corrupted /data partitions who do not want to format /data to fix it; (single SIM version. If you need a dual SIM version pm me and I'll build/upload one.)
attached here on this post, unpack boot.img from non-flashable zip file.
Back up your boot.img with trwp before flashing.
flash by fastboot or recovery, for latest ROM release with the errors=panic flag set in the fstab.

Source: cm lineageos, branch cm-14.1
roomservice.xml with my tweaks
https://github.com/bigsuperprojects/android_roomservice
patches (signature spoofing and enhanced volume control)
https://github.com/bigsuperprojects/cm-14-patches
pixel home button animation
https://github.com/bigsuperprojects...mmit/51f6d0f98ea614d61f9500397fe6761867a232c9

Attachments

• boot.img.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 684
Last edited:

ahbecan

Feb 4, 2012
Huawei P20 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi bigsupersquid,

My phone is dual sim a5_dug. I used open_gapps-arm-7.0-aroma-20160925.zip

Works : wireless, bluetooth, rotation, fm radio, root, location (tested with maps)

No : Phone calls, mobile data, camera, sd-card

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 7,685
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 7,790
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 7,630
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 7,286
Last edited:

Naxym

Feb 4, 2015
A5_Dug

Its great to hear that first Alpha released.. Thanks buddy..hope we will get a cell working version soon...:D:D

frank9184

Nov 24, 2013
Taoyuan
Google Pixel 5
First I wanna say this ROM is amazing
no mobile data ,phone call , camera ,ROOT work on my a5 ul. I've got my carrier name and APN by the phone itself,but no mobile data.

SD card worked for me !!

Check it out
zA6rSks.jpg

FTIkKv7.jpg

L6MsOac.jpg

BTY,How can I do to let my official filpcase worked on cyanogen

Last edited:
Reactions: bigsupersquid

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
First I wanna say this ROM is amazing
no mobile data ,phone call , camera ,ROOT work on my a5 ul. I've got my carrier name and APN by the phone itself,but no mobile data.

Check it out
Root works but cm14 file manager is known to have issues with root.
You might try other apps that need root. Connectbot or built in terminal work fine with su, for example.
Definitely no phone calls, incoming or outgoing calls both cause soft reboots.
Mobile data works on my chl... When the ril actually starts up. Until then, no sim it says. Only on the second release, though. First release, no data even when ril is running.
You can try entering your apn in cellular network settings maybe, but not until it shows a cell signal.
There's a hidden framework file with APNs, I didn't get data until I fixed it. Post your complete apn and carrier and I'll see if it needs added.

Last edited:
Reactions: frank9184

frank9184

Nov 24, 2013
Taoyuan
Google Pixel 5
You might try other apps that need root. Connectbot or built in terminal work fine with su, for example.
Mobile data works on my chl... When the ril actually starts up. Until then, no sim it says. Only on the second release, though. First release, no data even when ril is running.
You can try entering your apn in cellular network settings maybe, but not until it shows a cell signal.
There's a hidden framework file with APNs, I didn't get data until I fixed it. Post your complete apn and carrier and I'll see if it needs added.

I will dig it at framework.apk later .
Besides ,how can I do to let my official filpcase worked on cyanogen? Use dotmatrix.apk on stock ROM ?

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I will dig it at framework.apk later .
Besides ,how can I do to let my official filpcase worked on cyanogen? Use dotmatrix.apk on stock ROM ?
You could try the apk from stock on the same cm android version (5.0 to cm12, 6.0 to cm13) and see if it works. Think the Hall sensor (magnet sensor) isn't getting registered properly as an input device though, log says it's a keypad instead.

Decompiling framework may not be feasible yet unless small/baksmali are updated for N. I don't know if they are or not. I build the file in instead.
If you can post your carrier MCCMNC it'll help me debug that. Virgin mobile us is 311490, sprint us is 310120 or 31000.
You can find it in your log on cm12 or cm13 in adb while it's running and connected to data...

logcat -db all | grep -i apn

Should give a big spammy list of APNs being tried and used by the system.

Or the /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db from cm13 with data connected, has the info I need in it as well

Reactions: frank9184

frank9184

Nov 24, 2013
Taoyuan
Google Pixel 5
Last edited:

The same reboot problem got fixed on moto g while calling..you can check that if that solves the reboot problem....thanks for your hard work mate

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
The same reboot problem got fixed on moto g while calling..you can check that if that solves the reboot problem....thanks for your hard work mate
Wonder if they used @mickybart 's lovely ril.
I found it skimming XDA Sony forum I think.
9/27 release uploading, can make and receive calls once the dang ril kicks in. Still APN glitches for non sprint/virgin mobile.

Reactions: nageswarswain
Wonder if they used @mickybart 's lovely ril.
I found it skimming XDA Sony forum I think.
9/27 release uploading, can make and receive calls once the dang ril kicks in. Still APN glitches for non sprint/virgin mobile.

Will it work on a5dwg too???
A5dwg is getting very less support.
Even the 3g 2g selection is not get solved on cm13 over 5 months... Hope that bug will not continue in 7.0

Keep up the good work...I will flash it on a5dwg tomorrow and let you know the results

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Will it work on a5dwg too???
A5dwg is getting very less support.
Even the 3g 2g selection is not get solved on cm13 over 5 months... Hope that bug will not continue in 7.0

Keep up the good work...I will flash it on a5dwg tomorrow and let you know the results
I dunno but the same ril worked in cm13 for ul and dwg.
I'd be happy to extend support if someone wants to send a dwg or dug to make immediate tests with.
Otherwise it just gets the same changes as the chl/ul. //edit: sometimes I grab m8d changes for dual sim to test as well... Not always though. Really need one in hand to test with. A lot of builds don't get uploaded cause they test bad somewhere. Takes hours to upload a build and they fail uploading partway through often.

Last edited:
I dunno but the same ril worked in cm13 for ul and dwg.
I'd be happy to extend support if someone wants to send a dwg or dug to make immediate tests with.
Otherwise it just gets the same changes as the chl/ul. //edit: sometimes I grab m8d changes for dual sim to test as well... Not always though. Really need one in hand to test with. A lot of builds don't get uploaded cause they test bad somewhere. Takes hours to upload a build and they fail uploading partway through often.

I actually mean that flashing this on a5dwg for testing will be OK or will it brick the device..??very confuse as there is various models in HTC desire 816

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I actually mean that flashing this on a5dwg for testing will be OK or will it brick the device..??very confuse as there is various models in HTC desire 816
fine on ul tl chl dwg dug. not for mediatek variants.
Sim not worked

Enviado desde mi hi6210sft mediante Tapatalk

yeah, ril is pretty messed up, sometimes doesn't turn on for whole reboot on mine, sometimes pops on within a few minutes. random and unpredictable

Reactions: nageswarswain

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like this disclaimer.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Now upgraded to daily driver!
    I don't expect any serious issues with this now, and will call it stable.

Not working: LiveDisplay, themes, you tell me with logs
    Root no longer built in with Lineage OS. Use SuperSU
    Works: NFC, Wifi, BT, tether, rotation, root, sound, video, MTP, GPS/network location, calls, mobile data, MMS, SMS messages, still camera, videocamera, flashlight, ?

File manager root functions working on 12-28-2016 build.
    Also includes microg signature spoofing.
    60 step volume control
    Pixel home button animation from CypherOS
    Use nanomod for microg if you want.
    I can't test on dwg/dug but there's a build up for you anyway.

Flash with twrp for htc a5 from twrp.me use 3.0.2 or it may bootloop.

for clean flash, wipe>advanced wipe>system, cache, and data
    if wifi and or bluetooth go funny on first boot, reboot a time or two and it should settle down.
    seems to dirty flash nicely. wipe dalvik cache and cache. Be aware that dirty flashes may cause weird little glitches you can avoid with a clean flash then setting it all up from scratch.

Then flash rom.

If you had gapps and dirty flashed, be sure to flash arm-7.1 gapps before rebooting. If you're using microg, you shouldn't need to copy anything into /system, that set of gapps installs just fine as user apps, and should survive a dirty flash.

ROM folder link in post 2.
    Download the md5sum file with the rom so twrp can verify it isn't corrupted before flashing.

for those having issues with boot reverting to fastboot from corrupted /data partitions who do not want to format /data to fix it; (single SIM version. If you need a dual SIM version pm me and I'll build/upload one.)
    attached here on this post, unpack boot.img from non-flashable zip file.
    Back up your boot.img with trwp before flashing.
    flash by fastboot or recovery, for latest ROM release with the errors=panic flag set in the fstab.

Source: cm lineageos, branch cm-14.1
    roomservice.xml with my tweaks
    https://github.com/bigsuperprojects/android_roomservice
    patches (signature spoofing and enhanced volume control)
    https://github.com/bigsuperprojects/cm-14-patches
    pixel home button animation
    https://github.com/bigsuperprojects...mmit/51f6d0f98ea614d61f9500397fe6761867a232c9
    ok, uploading final build for 2016 now. grey android bootanimation.
    Put back the pixel animation, because, oh, why not.
    bluetooth working and CIFS enabled.
    enjoy and happy holiday all
    //edit: uploaded now
    Most of the current errors likely have been fixed upstream by now.
    On the plus side, I'm supposed to have my landline internet connection back up next week, which increases the chances of me getting another build together.
    hacked-together new kernel almost booting. crashing with missing dtb thing it says.
    kinda surprised it got that far, actually. still working on it. light at the end of the tunnel though.