• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][7.1.2] AOKP N [jfltetmo][unofficial]

Search This thread

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
alaskalinuxuser3.ddns.net
bc5288767ecc58bf8713e79c975ea28b.jpg

To God be the glory, my AOKP Nougat project finally works!

This is not a dirty unicorn. This is the original unicorn, the AOKP. Now made out of nougat! With tons of settings from status bar tweaks to home button remaps, it's all here and ready to rumble! Hopefully more features will be added as the AOKP team integrates the changes to the source.

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

Downloads:
Rom Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b5cchqf6d23ec/nougat

Old download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j9bjmldl2o4q231/aokp_jfltetmo_nougat_unofficial_2017-03-15_0523.zip

Gapps link:
http://opengapps.org/
-Which I personally tested Pico. Be sure to choose "Arm" and "7.1".

This Rom has been stable for me for the past few days, however, Nougat is new, so be prepared for some little hic-ups here and there. Be sure to follow these installation steps very carefully, as they may be different then what you are used to.

!!!FIRST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5 EARTH MINUTES TO COMPLETE!!!

Installation instructions:
-Download ROM and gapps, and put them on your phone or external storage.
-Reboot into recovery mode - TWRP (I personally installed this using 3.0.2-0).
-Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
-Wipe. (I personally wipe everything prior to flashing new roms, but at least do the basic wipe.)
-Install Rom.
-Install Gapps. - Optional
-Reboot to system and enjoy!

-OPTIONAL - After first boot, then go back to recovery and install the AKLU kernel.

I do not recommend installing superSU on this ROM! SU permission is already built in, and superSU has been causing problems with the rom. Please read the thread for further details.

Code:
What works:
So far everything that I have tried works, such as
- Camera for pictures and video! (See notes for thanks!)
- Phone calls/receiving
- Data 2g/3g/LTE
- Bluetooth
- WiFi
- PTP/MTP
- GPS
- Multi-Window, just long press the "recents" button.
etc....

What doesn't:
- Choosing to reboot the phone sometimes takes a loooong time. It may be better to Power off and then start the phone, which is faster for some reason.
- Still some problems with automatic time zones.
- Let me know in the forums if you find other issues so I can work on fixing them.

This AOKP N ROM was built for the JFLTETMO using modified LineageOS JFLTEXX trees. I have not tried this on any other device, but you are welcome to try it AT YOUR OWN RISK. It should flash on all JFLTEXX variants as well. Chime in if it worked on your device.

A huge thanks to the Android Open Kang Project team!
Disclaimer: AOKP is not responsible for any damages to your device.
All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make AOKP, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

AOKP XDA Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/aokp
Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP
Official website: http://aokp.co/

ROM OS Version: 7.1.1 Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.112
Based On: AOSP and LineageOS.

My device tree: https://github.com/alaskalinuxuser/
If you want the Overclocked AKLU kernel - Better performance and battery life:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-tmobile/development/kernel-nougat-kernels-t3492592

Created 2016-12-14
Last Updated 2017-09-05

Change log:
Code:
+ Synced with AOKP source
+ Dozens of very small changes, such as WEP encryption for WiFi, and errors for callbacks on Camera2.

--> Updated security patches to 5 August, 2017
--> Merged with 7.1.2_r29.
--> Under the hood fixes for qcom HALs.
+ Switched over to Sony Timekeep for auto time zones.

+ Synced with AOKP source!
--> security patch update to June 5, 2017

--> Upgraded to 7.1.2!
--> Security patch update to April 5, 2017
--> Long press "Hotspot" tile to open hotspot settings
--> New battery icon "AOKP Tha"
--> New power menu option to turn on/off torch
+ Edited Device Model to say SGH-M919 instead of I9505

--> Security patch update to March 5, 2017
--> Some changes from AOKP, see changelog in RomControls.

--> Merged with Android 7.1.1_r21
--> Added PIE controls
--> Security patches updated to Feb 5, 2017
--> Now FULLY supports OMS/SUBSTRATUM
+ Screenshot issue fixed
+ SDcard read from File Manager fixed

- Fixed Video Camera issues thanks to @side!!!

-Synced with AOKP source, now based on LineageOS!
-App circle
-App bar
-MTP and Bluetooth are working much better now.
-Replaced browser with an open source alternative.
-Reimplemented OmniSwitcher

-Built with openjdk-8-jdk - Java 8!
-Sync with AOKP source.
-Security patch updates to November 5th, 2016.
-Includes Cyanogenmod Kernel, but you can download the AKLU Overclocked kernel if desired! (Recommended)
-Added OmniSwitcher.
-Added Kernel Adiutor and SELinux plugin.
-First release.

Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Features and Screenshots!

- Advanced Reboot
- Omni-Switcher

+ Rom Control:

+ App Launchers
- App Circle Bar
- App Side Bar
- Gesture Anywhere

+ General
- cLock settings
- Screenshot settings
- Recents settings
- Wakelock Blocker

+ Hardware Keys
- Backlight control
- Power button options
- Launch vibration control
- Home button controls
- Recents button controls
- Long press options, double tap options
- Kill app back button option
- Volume buttons wake
- Volume button playback controls
- Keyboard cursor controls
- Volume button reorientation
- IME features

+ Lockscreen
- Media Cover art
- Display music visualizer
- Show weather
- Blur background
- Fingerprint auth vibration
- Double tap to sleep (DT2S)
- Disable quick settings
- Show lockscreen clock and date
- Lockscreen notification count

+ Notification Drawer
- Brightness slider
- Brightness icon
- Rows in portrait and landscape modes
- Columns
- Tile Animations
- Advanced data tile
- Smart pulldown
- Quick pulldown

+ Pie Controls
- Pie Style
- Pie targets
- Pie color settings

+ Power Menu
- Animation choices
- Screenshots
- Screenrecord
- Airplane mode
- Sound Panel

+ Sound
- Various sound settings
- Volumn step control

+ Status Bar tweaks
- Network traffic
- Clock style
- Superuser indicator
- Icon controls
- AOKP logo

+ User interface
- Toast controls
- AOKP animations
- Transparency controls

- Changelog

Attachments

• sshome1.png
    sshome1.png
    181 KB · Views: 3,889
  • sshome2.png
    sshome2.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 3,847
  • ssmenu.png
    ssmenu.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 3,770
  • ssmulti.png
    ssmulti.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 3,589
  • sssettings1.png
    sssettings1.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 3,732
  • ssomnis.png
    ssomnis.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 3,678
  • ssa.png
    ssa.png
    169.5 KB · Views: 2,511
  • ssb.png
    ssb.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,360
Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
A huge thanks goes out to @side for showing me how to fix the video camera issues!!!

Notes:

Just a spot for some field notes about the ROM.

Background:
The awesome background was provided by The Quiet Learner, you can see more of his work here:
https://qlfiles.net/

You can also change the background using SWAGGER, to choose from several amazing AOKP backgrounds. Just long press the background as usual, and choose SWAGGER.

Multi-Window:
Open the app you want on top, then long press the recent button, then select the app you want on the bottom. Slide the slider up or down to choose full screen for the top or bottom app. Note: if in multi-window mode, pressing home goes to the home screen, but opening an app causes multi-window mode again with the last app you had open and the new app you chose.

OmniSwitcher:
You must enable OmniSwitcher to use it. There are choices for horizontal or vertical layouts, as well as the "handle" size and color. You can also enable the "menu" button, which may come in handy due to the long press of the recent button being used for multi-window.

Last edited:

dtriguero

May 1, 2011
Husser
Downloading now. will let u know. Also I'm trying to make an aroma zip that will give options for some systemless stuff and possibly a few others. I'll let u know how it works out

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Coming from ur akop mm is it possible to dirty flash or has to much changed

darazor

May 12, 2010
Warwick
Notes:

Multi-Window:
Open the app you want on top, then long press the recent button, then select the app you want on the bottom. Slide the slider up or down to choose full screen for the top or bottom app. Note: if in multi-window mode, pressing home goes to the home screen, but opening an app causes multi-window mode again with the last app you had open and the new app you chose.

OmniSwitcher:
You must enable OmniSwitcher to use it. There are choices for horizontal or vertical layouts, as well as the "handle" size and color. You can also enable the "menu" button, which may come in handy due to the long press of the recent button being used for multi-window.

Installed and looks really good. SELinux set to Enforced so flashed your kernel and now Permissive. Also, updated build prop for jfltetmo and SGH-M919. Is there a reason that so many user options from MM Rom Control are not included? Informational only I can live without. Does your GPU OC app work on this? I don't believe Xposed will be available for some time yet -technical issues. And, I'm not sure the TWRP app works well with this. The most important things are here. I will test bluetooth connections later. Multi window, not sure if I will use it ??? Adaway seems to fail on N for now. Hope to read other user comments soon.

Thanks for the Great work. And, it is great from my limited perspective.
-D

Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Downloading now. will let u know. Also I'm trying to make an aroma zip that will give options for some systemless stuff and possibly a few others. I'll let u know how it works out

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Coming from ur akop mm is it possible to dirty flash or has to much changed

I do not think a dirty flash from marshmallow to nougat is a good idea, there are a lot of big changes under the hood. Thanks for looking into the systemless things, I know many will be interested in the results!

Installed and looks really good. SELinux set to Enforced so flashed your kernel and now Permissive. Also, updated build prop for jfltetmo and SGH-M919. Is there a reason that so many user options from MM Rom Control are not included? Informational only I can live without. Does your GPU OC app work on this? I don't believe Xposed will be available for some time yet -technical issues. And, I'm not sure the TWRP app works well with this. The most important things are here. I will test bluetooth connections later. Multi window, not sure if I will use it ??? Adaway seems to fail on N for now. Hope to read other user comments soon.

Thanks for the Great work. And, it is great from my limited perspective.
-D

Thanks DA. Yes, I left the stock kernel with selinux enforcing, as I know that is needed for some of these new apps. The. AKLU is permissive, as you already know. The ROM also has the selinux plugin for kernel adiutor, too. Currently, I need to do some more work on the nougat AKLU kernel before GPU voltage control is possible, but that is on my agenda. :)

The aokp team builds the ROM control options, but they are swamped right now, so development is a little slow. That's why I added OmniSwitcher, to try to fill in the gap until the aokp teams usual bag of tricks are ready.

Great questions guys! Thanks for the positive feedback!

My big ticket items right now are video recording and kernel development. Hopefully we can get those done soon! :)

darazor

May 12, 2010
Warwick

Thanks DA. Yes, I left the stock kernel with selinux enforcing, as I know that is needed for some of these new apps. The. AKLU is permissive, as you already know. The ROM also has the selinux plugin for kernel adiutor, too. Currently, I need to do some more work on the nougat AKLU kernel before GPU voltage control is possible, but that is on my agenda. :)

The aokp team builds the ROM control options, but they are swamped right now, so development is a little slow. That's why I added OmniSwitcher, to try to fill in the gap until the aokp teams usual bag of tricks are ready.

Great questions guys! Thanks for the positive feedback!

My big ticket items right now are video recording and kernel development. Hopefully we can get those done soon! :)

ALU

To say, I appreciate the completeness of your replies is like saying the Hope diamond is a pretty stone,

Less the casual observer thinks otherwise. I know this is a really busy time for you ALL and my questions are never a call to action and are only intended to understand if there are technical reasons for a given change etc.

Should I have left SELnux as Enforcing or is this related to apps like Google Pay?

Some apps ask for BusyBox and I am never sure if I should install it or not (i've always had a Swiss Army knife but never found a use for more than a few of the blades). I had a hanging boot problem after I installed and then uninstalled it along with the TWRP app, and I had to re-flash and setup again. I can't be sure the empirical result is/was verifiable. As such, there is more than a little trepidation relative to repeating the experiment.

Nevertheless, I must confess to a certain increased level of cortisol as OS-ROM development proceeds and the 6-10 pins drop into the gutter.:D

I can only hope the excitement doesn't increase my rheumatoid factor, oh well., trade offs you know. :( -D

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Hello! This ROM is stable or in beta version? Bugs? Thanks!

Great question pickandrew.

I would say it is a higher level beta version. I try to only release things that could be used as a daily driver. The only thing that absolutely does not work is video recording with the camera, but picture taking does work.

There are a few small things that occasionally error, like Bluetooth share, mtp, etc, as listed in the OP. However, these things mostly work, just occasionally error.

darazor

May 12, 2010
Warwick
Great question pickandrew.

I would say it is a higher level beta version. I try to only release things that could be used as a daily driver. The only thing that absolutely does not work is video recording with the camera, but picture taking does work.

There are a few small things that occasionally error, like Bluetooth share, mtp, etc, as listed in the OP. However, these things mostly work, just occasionally error.

Short update. I have found this rom to be very stable. :fingers-crossed:

The hiccup I had mentioned earlier appears to be related to trying to install BusyBox as a couple of apps requested. This appears to to be somewhat related to November security updates and the newer toybox use by Google.:crying:

Really super battery life. :good:

Did not test bluetooth yet. :eek: -D

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Short update. I have found this rom to be very stable. :fingers-crossed:

The hiccup I had mentioned earlier appears to be related to trying to install BusyBox as a couple of apps requested. This appears to to be somewhat related to November security updates and the newer toybox use by Google.:crying:

Really super battery life. :good:

Did not test bluetooth yet. :eek: -D
Thanks for the feedback darazor!

It appears that the November security updates are also causing an issue with substratum, layers, and CM theme engines. One of those few times that the security update can actually be a step backwards for custom ROMs. Hopefully it will get sorted out.

For the battery life, is it better than marshmallow? Nougat is supposed to really optimize battery saving, I do so much testing, modding, and flashing, I don't get the usual day to day use battery specs.

darazor

May 12, 2010
Warwick
Thanks for the feedback darazor!

It appears that the November security updates are also causing an issue with substratum, layers, and CM theme engines. One of those few times that the security update can actually be a step backwards for custom ROMs. Hopefully it will get sorted out.

For the battery life, is it better than marshmallow? Nougat is supposed to really optimize battery saving, I do so much testing, modding, and flashing, I don't get the usual day to day use battery specs.

ALU, I kind of thought that when I saw the oms post and your response.

Battery life is great but as to better that MM -hard to say. I am running with very few apps so as to minimize conflicts/unknowns. And, I usually have Xposed installed, that is an unknown in both directions.

I want to avoid the I wish therefore it is syndrome. So, at the least, I would say it is very, very good. As an aside, it is very responsive as well.:cool:

I hope to see other posts because this rom is very worthy of an install. And, the feedback is so useful to us all.
D

darazor

May 12, 2010
Warwick
ALU
Quick update.
Short test of Bluetooth call via GPS worked fine. Not a long test just for verification.

One other observation that I keep forgetting to mention.

Settings > Status Bar > Battery status style - icon landscape and circle tick options do not work; the icon remains an upright batter. Just for completeness sake.

D

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
ALU
Quick update.
Short test of Bluetooth call via GPS worked fine. Not a long test just for verification.

One other observation that I keep forgetting to mention.

Settings > Status Bar > Battery status style - icon landscape and circle tick options do not work; the icon remains an upright batter. Just for completeness sake.

D

Thanks for the info D!

I am really glad the Bluetooth is working, especially with all of the mm Bluetooth troubles.

I'll check on the battery icon settings, thanks for helping by pointing it out.

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Video recording update....

Hey everybody, just a quick note on the camera video recording situation.

There is a problem with the device trees or blobs that keeps the video recording function from working in Nougat. Hopefully, those that are far more skilled than myself will be able to get that fixed. I know there are several people working on it. I just do not have the skill set to fix that at this time.

That being said, while the pros work on a fix, I have come up with a workaround. (Read: hack.) I am not a very skilled programmer, but here are some screenshots to give you an idea. Essentially, I am opening the camera and displaying it on a surface view, then I am using some low level commands to record that screen. Because of this method, there are a few things to note:

- This app requires root permission.
- Before running the app for the first time, you must go to Settings->Apps, and give this app permission to use the camera, microphone, and write to storage.
- Leaving this app after starting a recording will cause the app to record your screen and save the output as /sdcard/Pictures/video.mp4
- You can choose between 1 minute or 3 minutes, however, you can't change a recording time or stop the recording once it is in progress.
- The camera takes normal looking pictures, but the video looks a little stretched.
- Version 0.8 has no audio recording yet.

This is a standalone app that you can install just like any other app. No zip flashing, twrp, mods, etc. It saves your pictures and video recordings as (#ofmilisecondsofday) .jpg and .mp4 respectively in the /sdcard/Pictures folder. Clicking on the 1m/3m icon switches from 1 minute to 3 minute recordings. Clicking the camera icon takes a picture, and clicking on the recording icon starts a video recording based on your chosen 1m/3m setting.

Anyways, it isn't that great yet, but if you want to play with it, or see a theory to concept, here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4cl9o1t5no9cf3n/S4camera_0.8.apk

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 179
  • c.png
    c.png
    142 KB · Views: 177
  • d.png
    d.png
    138 KB · Views: 168
  • e.png
    e.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 177

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
New kernel is up in the Nougat Kernel thread!

Praise God, new kernel is up!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the OP is updated with the new kernel, including intelliplug, an alternative to mpdecision for hotplugging. This controls how many cores are used at once. You have to use Kernel Adiutor or some similar app to control it. Intelliplug has several options that show up in the Kernel Adiutor as well. Let me know what you think!

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
S4camera version 0.9 is up:

MediaFire link: S4camera_0.9.apk
https://www.mediafire.com/download/2xrel675ontbukg

Now you can stop a recording while it is recording!
The record button changes to a stop button during video recordings, allowing you to stop a recording while it is in progress.
There is still no audio recorded, and exiting the app during a recording causes your screen to be recorded.
Even though you can stop the recording, a video cannot be longer than three minutes.

Merry Christmas!

darazor

May 12, 2010
Warwick
S4camera version 0.9 is up:

MediaFire link: S4camera_0.9.apk
https://www.mediafire.com/download/2xrel675ontbukg

Now you can stop a recording while it is recording!
The record button changes to a stop button during video recordings, allowing you to stop a recording while it is in progress.
There is still no audio recorded, and exiting the app during a recording causes your screen to be recorded.
Even though you can stop the recording, a video cannot be longer than three minutes.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks ALU.

Something seems wrong with new 0.9 .APK It is only 68 Kb vs 1.24 Mb for 0.8 and installer says file is corrupt.

Unless I'm doing something incorrectly. Just thought I'd let you know.

Don't rush to fix, have a great Christmas. -D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bc5288767ecc58bf8713e79c975ea28b.jpg

To God be the glory, my AOKP Nougat project finally works!

This is not a dirty unicorn. This is the original unicorn, the AOKP. Now made out of nougat! With tons of settings from status bar tweaks to home button remaps, it's all here and ready to rumble! Hopefully more features will be added as the AOKP team integrates the changes to the source.

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

Downloads:
    Rom Download link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b5cchqf6d23ec/nougat

Old download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/j9bjmldl2o4q231/aokp_jfltetmo_nougat_unofficial_2017-03-15_0523.zip

Gapps link:
    http://opengapps.org/
    -Which I personally tested Pico. Be sure to choose "Arm" and "7.1".

This Rom has been stable for me for the past few days, however, Nougat is new, so be prepared for some little hic-ups here and there. Be sure to follow these installation steps very carefully, as they may be different then what you are used to.

!!!FIRST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5 EARTH MINUTES TO COMPLETE!!!

Installation instructions:
    -Download ROM and gapps, and put them on your phone or external storage.
    -Reboot into recovery mode - TWRP (I personally installed this using 3.0.2-0).
    -Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
    -Wipe. (I personally wipe everything prior to flashing new roms, but at least do the basic wipe.)
    -Install Rom.
    -Install Gapps. - Optional
    -Reboot to system and enjoy!

-OPTIONAL - After first boot, then go back to recovery and install the AKLU kernel.

I do not recommend installing superSU on this ROM! SU permission is already built in, and superSU has been causing problems with the rom. Please read the thread for further details.

Code:
    What works:
    So far everything that I have tried works, such as
    - Camera for pictures and video! (See notes for thanks!)
    - Phone calls/receiving
    - Data 2g/3g/LTE
    - Bluetooth
    - WiFi
    - PTP/MTP
    - GPS
    - Multi-Window, just long press the "recents" button.
    etc....

What doesn't:
    - Choosing to reboot the phone sometimes takes a loooong time. It may be better to Power off and then start the phone, which is faster for some reason.
    - Still some problems with automatic time zones.
    - Let me know in the forums if you find other issues so I can work on fixing them.

This AOKP N ROM was built for the JFLTETMO using modified LineageOS JFLTEXX trees. I have not tried this on any other device, but you are welcome to try it AT YOUR OWN RISK. It should flash on all JFLTEXX variants as well. Chime in if it worked on your device.

A huge thanks to the Android Open Kang Project team!
    Disclaimer: AOKP is not responsible for any damages to your device.
    All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make AOKP, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

AOKP XDA Forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/aokp
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP
    Official website: http://aokp.co/

ROM OS Version: 7.1.1 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.112
    Based On: AOSP and LineageOS.

My device tree: https://github.com/alaskalinuxuser/
    If you want the Overclocked AKLU kernel - Better performance and battery life:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-tmobile/development/kernel-nougat-kernels-t3492592

Created 2016-12-14
    Last Updated 2017-09-05

Change log:
    Code:
    + Dozens of very small changes, such as WEP encryption for WiFi, and errors for callbacks on Camera2.

--> Updated security patches to 5 August, 2017
    --> Merged with 7.1.2_r29.
    --> Under the hood fixes for qcom HALs.
    + Switched over to Sony Timekeep for auto time zones.

--> security patch update to June 5, 2017

--> Upgraded to 7.1.2!
    --> Security patch update to April 5, 2017
    --> Long press "Hotspot" tile to open hotspot settings
    --> New battery icon "AOKP Tha"
    --> New power menu option to turn on/off torch
    + Edited Device Model to say SGH-M919 instead of I9505

--> Security patch update to March 5, 2017
    --> Some changes from AOKP, see changelog in RomControls.

--> Merged with Android 7.1.1_r21
    --> Added PIE controls
    --> Security patches updated to Feb 5, 2017
    --> Now FULLY supports OMS/SUBSTRATUM
    + Screenshot issue fixed
    + SDcard read from File Manager fixed

- Fixed Video Camera issues thanks to @side!!!

-Synced with AOKP source, now based on LineageOS!
    -App circle
    -App bar
    -MTP and Bluetooth are working much better now.
    -Replaced browser with an open source alternative.
    -Reimplemented OmniSwitcher

-Built with openjdk-8-jdk - Java 8!
    -Sync with AOKP source.
    -Security patch updates to November 5th, 2016.
    -Includes Cyanogenmod Kernel, but you can download the AKLU Overclocked kernel if desired! (Recommended)
    -Added OmniSwitcher.
    -Added Kernel Adiutor and SELinux plugin.
    -First release.
    Features and Screenshots!

- Advanced Reboot
    - Omni-Switcher

+ Rom Control:

+ App Launchers
    - App Circle Bar
    - App Side Bar
    - Gesture Anywhere

+ General
    - cLock settings
    - Screenshot settings
    - Recents settings
    - Wakelock Blocker

+ Hardware Keys
    - Backlight control
    - Power button options
    - Launch vibration control
    - Home button controls
    - Recents button controls
    - Long press options, double tap options
    - Kill app back button option
    - Volume buttons wake
    - Volume button playback controls
    - Keyboard cursor controls
    - Volume button reorientation
    - IME features

+ Lockscreen
    - Media Cover art
    - Display music visualizer
    - Show weather
    - Blur background
    - Fingerprint auth vibration
    - Disable quick settings
    - Show lockscreen clock and date
    - Lockscreen notification count

+ Notification Drawer
    - Brightness slider
    - Brightness icon
    - Rows in portrait and landscape modes
    - Columns
    - Tile Animations
    - Advanced data tile
    - Smart pulldown
    - Quick pulldown

+ Pie Controls
    - Pie Style
    - Pie targets
    - Pie color settings

+ Power Menu
    - Animation choices
    - Screenshots
    - Screenrecord
    - Airplane mode
    - Sound Panel

+ Sound
    - Various sound settings
    - Volumn step control

+ Status Bar tweaks
    - Network traffic
    - Clock style
    - Superuser indicator
    - Icon controls
    - AOKP logo

+ User interface
    - Toast controls
    - AOKP animations
    - Transparency controls

- Changelog
    A huge thanks goes out to @side for showing me how to fix the video camera issues!!!

Notes:

Background:
    The awesome background was provided by The Quiet Learner, you can see more of his work here:
    https://qlfiles.net/

You can also change the background using SWAGGER, to choose from several amazing AOKP backgrounds. Just long press the background as usual, and choose SWAGGER.

Multi-Window:

OmniSwitcher:
    With a huge thanks @side for all the commits, and answering some questions that came up via pm, we now have working video recording! :highfive:

Below is a link for AOKP7 with the working video camera. It did crash once while in use, by I just opened the app again and all was well. I took three or four videos, pictures during video, rebooted to make sure it stayed working after reboot, took more videos, too pictures, seems to work great!

This download has the AKLU kernel, so I am making a new build for the op with the cm kernel, but for now, enjoy! I installed as a clean flash, but you may be able to dirty flash this, be sure to back up first!

https://www.mediafire.com/download/7z7bqoq5iitg2qj

By the way, please take a moment to step back a few posts and slap side's thanks button for helping us out!

I will be updating the other nougat threads as well, when time allows.
    any time mister! :highfive:
    All,

Hate to say it, but I've let my ol' trust S4 go. Too many cell phones, and not enough time. 3 little ones to keep me busy, so I've decided that it is time to cut down on a few projects.

However, I feel that you are all in trustworthy hands with the JDCTeam to carry you into Oreo. I know that they will keep polishing that build until it really shines, and it is pretty great already!

All of my GitHub will remain available, and I plan to keep the old builds up on MediaFire, in case anyone needs them.

This is a link to the jflte folder, wich has all the subfolders for Nougat and Oreo in it:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/y64mrnir6gftp/jflte

and here is the Lollipop, Marshmallow, and some older Nougat builds:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q76681335gq0q/m919

Warning, the GZOSP Oreo build boots, but crashes, or loops in the boot animation, there is some newer material in my GitHub if anyone wants to pick up the mantle......

Been a good run, from Lollipop through Nougat, with SlimRoms, PacRoms, AOKP, RR, and a few other misfits in-between! Thus far, you guys were the best cell phone community that I've worked with on XDA, and I hope to bump into you all on another phone in another thread sometime. :cool:

-AlaskaLinuxUser