For the best experience, view the thread on a web browser like Chromium or Firefox.
Desktop: Brilliant. Mobile: Good. Tapatalk: OK. XDA-Labs: Horrible.
YOU are doing modifications to your device. YOU are responsible for what you do. We are not responsible for any damages, data loss or any type of unexpected, bad or damaging results! If you have **SERIOUS** problems with this software, please contact the developers or maintainers. We are not liable for anything bad that happens to your device. Some people occasionally describe them as heroes. Don't be stupid and bet on that though, please be responsible for what you do. We prohibit you from overclocking to 1337 GHz, thinking that an OEM would replace your glorious space heater etc. We recommend you to take the advice above regardless.
Although no data should be lost or damaged by the flashing process,
we advise you to follow the following steps if you are coming from another rom:
- Please take a full nandroid backup!
- Please copy your back up to an external device.
- Backing up your Internal Storage is also recommended.
- When completed, please clean flash the build!
Although you usually can dirty flash halogenOS over other ROMs, considering the other
ROM has the same Android version, it is not guaranteed. In case of serious
crashes please do a clean flash.
If you get app crashes after dirty flashing over XOS 6 or another ROM, please just
clear the app data of those apps, and it should work fine then.
XOS is a new generation cutting-edge OS for Android based on Code Aurora Forum releases.
What is XOS?
halogenOS, also known as XOS is a new Android ROM which ships with the global aim to
become a modular ROM which keeps as high as potentially possible operating
performance on your mobile device while still maintaining a sufficient feature
base of nice, small and minimal features that would not be available via any
external feature base, extension, mod or plugin.
We hope you have a truly halogenified experience!
Internals of XOS
At core, the ROM is composed mainly of components from CodeAuroraForums (CAF),
featuring only extremely minor set of components from CyanogenMod (CM) which
have been added to source in order to allow for better cross-device compatibility.
Our LOVE to others
A huge thanks goes to those behind the CodeAuroraForums (CAF), the CyanogenMod
organization and all of its
contributors for the sources used in the development of the base ROM which we
started with inclusive of all the work and dedication their team puts in order to
keep us updated on the awesome contributions that they make.
We will be keen on ensuring that we be up to date with the code from our base sources,
with regular ROM updates hopefully coming from time to time.
Please do not ask for ETA's (else you shall be spooked by Mr Skeltal). Almost all of us are
students, and with the current lifestyles and routines we have, it is not that easy to acquire
time to develop the ROM, though we'll be sure to keep you updated and release OTAs as
soon as they are available and ready for publication. If you want to be really updated quick,
then join us on Telegram: http://telegram.me/halogenos
Visit our website for features such as: Downloads, Information etc.
(Not finished yet)
- Reworked Lockscreen Visualizer
- Modern Services -> Google Assistant etc.
- Full media support (FFMPEG, video codecs, ...)
- Great Audio quality, no distortions, no crap
- Optimized many portions of the system including surfaceflinger, inputflinger, System Server, and more
- Super fast boot
- Great battery life
- Soundmod support (not all soundmods work on Nougat, it's not our fault)
- addon.d support (backups your gapps etc. when flashing new build - don't wipe system before flashing!)
- init.d support
- Super smooth
- Signature Spoofing toggle (Support for MicroG)
- Support for trusted third-party WebViews like Chrome
- Long press on home for assist toggle
- Kernel optimizations
- Any Gapps should work fine
- Dexpreopt for faster (first) boot time and less space consumption on data partition
- Upgrade & Boot the ROM in just 5 minutes - no more endless waiting for flashing a new build
- Very high compatibility with other ROMs
How to update the ROM:
- Download the latest zip
- Reboot into TWRP (Please use official TWRP)
- Do not wipe anything
- Flash the ROM
- Optional : Flash GApps and/or SuperSU
You don't need to wipe Cache/Dalvik.
You don't need to flash gapps again. There is some magic going on which keeps your GApps. Just make sure that you don't wipe system before flashing.
You don't need more than 5 minutes.
And everyone else who contributed and helps us!
In case you feel left out here, please contact us!
halogenOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 2
Source Code: https://github.com/halogenos
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CAF
Status: No Longer Updated
Last Updated 2018-10-06