• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][Cedric][dotOS][OFFICIAL][OMS]

Search This thread

ATechnoHazard

Jun 11, 2015
Thane

" #DroidOnTime "

Disclaimer

Code:
[SIZE="4"] 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
 * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.
 */[/SIZE]

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

about.png

dotOS is an Android Rom which focuses on performance and stability. Our aim is to enable a user to extract as much juice as possible and get most out of his/her device.
Initially started by Mohan CM and later joined by Ganesh, Sam, Kuber, Iacob and Hari. Together we stand strong.

features.png

Stability and Performance
Lagfree with High Performance Results
Clutterless UI
Perfect Interface for every User

Code:
Substratum rootless theme engine support (must install Substratum from play store)
dotEXTRAS!
Lawnchair for home
colour engine for theming
redesigned settings and QS panel
Status bar time and date options
Status bar network traffic indicator
Status bar notification settings
Quick tile settings
Volume button playback control
Volume button wake
Screen record
enhanced default apps
And much more!!!!
Read more about Features here : click here

instructions.png

CLEAN FLASH :
Download the latest build and GApps
Reboot to recovery
Make NAndroid backup (Not Necessary)
Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
Flash the latest build and GApps
Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :
Reboot to recovery
Wipe Cache [Not Necessary]
Reboot

downloads.png

Download ROM:
Dot-N V1.1

Download Gapps:
Note : Pico or Nano Gapps are recommended. We Don't prefer STOCK/HEAVY Gapps
gapp.png
OpenGApps

credits.png

dot
lgo.png
S
team

52px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png
LineageOS team
ResurrectionRemix team
AospExtended
crDroid team
AICP team
Qijaz221 - EON Music Player
And all other open source Devs/Teams.

team.png

Mohan CM - The dotOS Founder/Head Dev./Contributor
Ganesh Varma - Lead Dev./Contributor/Maintainer
Kuber Sharma - Contributor/Designer/Analyst
Sam Grande - Contributor/Designer/Maintainer
Iacob Ionut - Contributor/Designer/Maintainer
Hari Ambadi - Contributor/Core GFX/ Lead Designer

Also Special thanks to :
ishubhamsingh
Anandramachandran

Sources
ROM source
Device tree
dotOS source[/URL]

Reference Links
dotOSChannel
Website
dotOSChannel

REPORTING BUGS!
As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
READ MORE
What is a LogCat?
A "LogCat" is for debugging applications / Android system. When applications / Android crash the output the "explanation" for the crash, the Exception Stacktrace, to a Log. This log can be saved and help developers to fix the crash.
What is it supposed to do?
It will help to solve your questions, if your asked for a LogCat it is always useful.
How can I get a LogCat?
Prerequisites:
Code:
Linux, Windows or Mac 
USB cable for your device 
Android Device
Instructions:
Code:
Install your device driver for using adb. Everything you need will you find here
Download adb executable for your OS (Download: Windows | Linux | Mac). Paste it somewhere.
Connect your android device.
Verify if "Settings > Developer options > USB debugging" is checked, if not, simply check it.
Open a command prompt (windows) or terminal (linux / mac). How to do it: On Windows: windows + r > enter "cmd" (without quotes) > click enter | On Linux: You don't know how to open a terminal? LOL | On Mac: Type Terminal into Spotlight and open it
CD to the directory where the adb executable is located. On Windows: Go to the directory where you downloaded the adb executable, Shift+Right Click and select "Open Console" (or similar) | On Linux / Mac: Rightclick in the directory and select "Open Terminal here" (or simply CD into the directory)
Type in your cmd/terminal: adb devices to verify your device is properly connected.
If your device is properly selected, type in adb logcat to show the mighty and magic logcat aka stacktrace.
Reproduce your error (or whatever) on your device.
Right after, paste the whole cmd / terminal window into a paste-service like [url]http://hastebin.com/[/url] and send it to us.

ATD.png

XDA:DevDB Information
dotOS for Moto G5 (cedric), ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
ATechnoHazard
Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, TWRP Custom Recovery
Based On: LineageOS 14.1

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.1
Beta Release Date: 2017-11-18

Created 2017-11-07
Last Updated 2017-11-24

AsusZenFone3Deluxe

Jul 28, 2016
KOCAELİ
My phone model is XT1676. Magisk does not work in this model. I tried to remove the magisk, but I couldn't uninstall it, but I could use the Lineagos plugin to disable it. I mean, the magisk doesn't work, it takes space to remove it, I want it removed from the system. Rum is beautiful. In some of my parts, Wi-Fi was not working because of the magisk. Magisk my old phone is still working even more smoothly at Zenfone 2. Does xposed have a problem with this system

ATechnoHazard

Jun 11, 2015
Thane
My phone model is XT1676. Magisk does not work in this model. I tried to remove the magisk, but I couldn't uninstall it, but I could use the Lineagos plugin to disable it. I mean, the magisk doesn't work, it takes space to remove it, I want it removed from the system. Rum is beautiful. In some of my parts, Wi-Fi was not working because of the magisk. Magisk my old phone is still working even more smoothly at Zenfone 2. Does xposed have a problem with this system
First off, magisk is a part of the source, so I would prefer not messing with that and removing it. Second, magisk DOES NOT mess with WiFi at all. In any case, it can be easily removed by flashing magisk uninstall zip. What do you mean by it takes space to remove it? If you could be a little clearer on the issue I could help you better. As far as I can see, it could be resolved by just flashing magisk remover zip. Cheers!

dtonshel

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland
Thanks for the ROM! Just installed and will be trying out over the next few days. So far it seems really zippy. Cheers!

AsusZenFone3Deluxe

Jul 28, 2016
KOCAELİ
First off, magisk is a part of the source, so I would prefer not messing with that and removing it. Second, magisk DOES NOT mess with WiFi at all. In any case, it can be easily removed by flashing magisk uninstall zip. What do you mean by it takes space to remove it? If you could be a little clearer on the issue I could help you better. As far as I can see, it could be resolved by just flashing magisk remover zip. Cheers!

I installed the Magisk uninstaller after installing the Dotos, but only the magisk could be deactivated. I've tried multiple times the result is always the same. After setting up the system, when I enter the settings to add the fingerprint stops.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Does it pass safetynet?

No as magisk hide does not work with our kernel

The only way Iv found to pass safety net is to only use the lineageos su and then disable root in dev options
This will pass basic integrity which will allow most root checking apps to run
CTS-profile will be false as system has been modified - I got this to true by using xposed however you enter a catch 22 as xposed requires root & root will make basic integrity false

So unless you can hide root you will never get both to be true

ATechnoHazard

Jun 11, 2015
Thane
I installed the Magisk uninstaller after installing the Dotos, but only the magisk could be deactivated. I've tried multiple times the result is always the same. After setting up the system, when I enter the settings to add the fingerprint stops.

The fingerprint registration only works while in the Setup Wizard. Unfortunately, this is a ROM bug and I can do nothing about it. As for magisk, after flashing uninstaller, did you try to flash cm-addonsu? I tested, and it works for me.

AsusZenFone3Deluxe

Jul 28, 2016
KOCAELİ
The fingerprint registration only works while in the Setup Wizard. Unfortunately, this is a ROM bug and I can do nothing about it. As for magisk, after flashing uninstaller, did you try to flash cm-addonsu? I tested, and it works for me.
Flash magisk uninstaller and flash addonsu.Addonsu root access is working but magisk manager or magisk not uninstall.
:confused:
Good work.Good bye.

hereticcss

Mar 18, 2017
I always get this error when I try to install any module, what could couse it? Also equalizer does not work (I will provide logcat later)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171111-224100.png
    Screenshot_20171111-224100.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 294

masterdex

Apr 16, 2011
Installed everything works very well, few but just customizations. Very smooth and stable good battery. Nice clock in the lookscreen from a class touch. One question is you can remove the DROIDONTIME image that appears when you restart? Thank you for sharing great work with us.

ATechnoHazard

Jun 11, 2015
Thane
Installed everything works very well, few but just customizations. Very smooth and stable good battery. Nice clock in the lookscreen from a class touch. One question is you can remove the DROIDONTIME image that appears when you restart? Thank you for sharing great work with us.

Nope, I can do that, but its part of the source, and I don't want to mess with what the developers had in mind. It's not intrusive to me, so I wonder why you have an issue with it. If it REALLY bugs you, you can make a personal build. As to the customizations, they're being added, and version 1.1 will be out soon. Cheers and have a nice day!

Last edited:

ATechnoHazard

Jun 11, 2015
Thane
Version has been bumped up to 1.1,
*Many new features added
*Prebuilt magisk removed
*Added OTA support
*Bugfixes and more!

Download link updated in the OP

G

GuestK0015

Can you disable the navigation bar!?

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Version has been bumped up to 1.1,
*Many new features added
*Prebuilt magisk removed
*Added OTA support
*Bugfixes and more!

Download link updated in the OP
Wifi doesn't work after the update!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

" #DroidOnTime "

Disclaimer

Code:
    [SIZE="4"] 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.
     */[/SIZE]

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

about.png

dotOS is an Android Rom which focuses on performance and stability. Our aim is to enable a user to extract as much juice as possible and get most out of his/her device.
    Initially started by Mohan CM and later joined by Ganesh, Sam, Kuber, Iacob and Hari. Together we stand strong.

features.png

Stability and Performance
    Lagfree with High Performance Results
    Clutterless UI
    Perfect Interface for every User

Code:
    Substratum rootless theme engine support (must install Substratum from play store)
    dotEXTRAS!
    Lawnchair for home
    colour engine for theming
    redesigned settings and QS panel
    Status bar time and date options
    Status bar network traffic indicator
    Status bar notification settings
    Quick tile settings
    Volume button playback control
    Volume button wake
    Screen record
    enhanced default apps
    And much more!!!!
    Read more about Features here : click here

instructions.png

CLEAN FLASH :
    Reboot to recovery
    Make NAndroid backup (Not Necessary)
    Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
    Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe Cache [Not Necessary]
    Reboot

downloads.png

Download ROM:
    Dot-N V1.1

Download Gapps:
    Note : Pico or Nano Gapps are recommended. We Don't prefer STOCK/HEAVY Gapps
    gapp.png
    OpenGApps

credits.png

dot
    lgo.png
    S
    team

52px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png
    LineageOS team
    ResurrectionRemix team
    AospExtended
    crDroid team
    AICP team
    Qijaz221 - EON Music Player
    And all other open source Devs/Teams.

team.png

Mohan CM - The dotOS Founder/Head Dev./Contributor
    Ganesh Varma - Lead Dev./Contributor/Maintainer
    Kuber Sharma - Contributor/Designer/Analyst
    Sam Grande - Contributor/Designer/Maintainer
    Iacob Ionut - Contributor/Designer/Maintainer
    Hari Ambadi - Contributor/Core GFX/ Lead Designer

Also Special thanks to :
    ishubhamsingh
    Anandramachandran

Sources
    ROM source
    Device tree
    dotOS source[/URL]

Reference Links
    dotOSChannel
    Website
    dotOSChannel

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    READ MORE
    What is a LogCat?
    A "LogCat" is for debugging applications / Android system. When applications / Android crash the output the "explanation" for the crash, the Exception Stacktrace, to a Log. This log can be saved and help developers to fix the crash.
    What is it supposed to do?
    It will help to solve your questions, if your asked for a LogCat it is always useful.
    How can I get a LogCat?
    Prerequisites:
    Code:
    Linux, Windows or Mac 
    USB cable for your device 
    Android Device
    Instructions:
    Code:
    Install your device driver for using adb. Everything you need will you find here
    Download adb executable for your OS (Download: Windows | Linux | Mac). Paste it somewhere.
    Connect your android device.
    Verify if "Settings > Developer options > USB debugging" is checked, if not, simply check it.
    Open a command prompt (windows) or terminal (linux / mac). How to do it: On Windows: windows + r > enter "cmd" (without quotes) > click enter | On Linux: You don't know how to open a terminal? LOL | On Mac: Type Terminal into Spotlight and open it
    CD to the directory where the adb executable is located. On Windows: Go to the directory where you downloaded the adb executable, Shift+Right Click and select "Open Console" (or similar) | On Linux / Mac: Rightclick in the directory and select "Open Terminal here" (or simply CD into the directory)
    Type in your cmd/terminal: adb devices to verify your device is properly connected.
    If your device is properly selected, type in adb logcat to show the mighty and magic logcat aka stacktrace.
    Reproduce your error (or whatever) on your device.
    Right after, paste the whole cmd / terminal window into a paste-service like [url]http://hastebin.com/[/url] and send it to us.

ATD.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    dotOS for Moto G5 (cedric), ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
    ATechnoHazard
    Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader, TWRP Custom Recovery
    Based On: LineageOS 14.1

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.1
    Beta Release Date: 2017-11-18

Created 2017-11-07
    Last Updated 2017-11-24
    Hi, will you work on this ROM even Oreo is coming?

Actually, final build will be posted soon, and the dotOS team will move towards work on oreo.
    Someone said that the bug was made by the November sercuity patch level. And going to be fixed as soon as possible! Thanks for all your "help"

Now, listen to me you little piece of S***, I don't exist just to solve your crap errors every time you get them. I have a goddamn life, and it doesn't revolve around solving all the goddamn errors you get. I've been trying to help the best I can, and if you think that's not enough you can go to hell, and take your goddamn phone with you too.
    Mm beautiful community we have for Cedric.
    Very true.
    Ppl Report Bugs without logs, ask for O, and are ungrateful af
    Can you disable the navigation bar!?

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Wifi doesn't work after the update!
    Ok you know, at this Point its Just annyoing.
    You Always have some difficulties with roms.
    1: A LOT of ppl Like Navigation bar more than These crappy Touch pad controlls.
    2: You know whats The #1 rule? No? The answer is "logcat or gtfo" so make a Logcat using adb on youre PC of The Bug. Or try wiping.
    Next time THINK before U Post.