crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!
Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS
First time installing crDroid to your ENTER-PHONE-NAME, or coming from another ROM: <--THESE MAY NEED UPDATING FOR YOUR PARTICULAR DEVICE; BE THOROUGH IN INSTRUCTIONS-->
** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (Los recovery or TWRP)
Based on Lineage OS, be sure to be on the required firmware version
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & format data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up
For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).
Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.
Same as Lineage OS
Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files
Old versions of @crdroidandroid, with newer patches by @windowz414. - crDroid Reloaded
- @windowz414 for reloading crdroid (merging new security patches)
- @spookcity138 and the LineageOS team for all the device sources
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- Many others...