[ROM] [7.1.2] CyanogenMod/LineageOS 14.1 [POLLUX/POLLUX_WINDY][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Jenero

Jun 24, 2018
Thank you very much, I will try to get the device being recognized by adb and to install TWRP again. I tried already, but in the manual they said, that some number must be taken from the tablet. But my tablet is dead, so that I can't get any numbers out of it.

Kind regards

Jenero

tres_linguas

Apr 27, 2017
Thank you very much, I will try to get the device being recognized by adb and to install TWRP again. I tried already, but in the manual they said, that some number must be taken from the tablet. But my tablet is dead, so that I can't get any numbers out of it.

Kind regards

Jenero
If you say that you already had twrp and los installed that must mean you had your bootloader unlocked before, so no need to check your imei (the number you mentioned)
You just need the right drivers for your PC. If you haven't done already, try the ones recommended on the tutorial. If it's not a driver problem, maybe sth is wrong with the cable, I also have to move mine a little bit when connecting the tablet with the PC before it is recognized (sometimes even for charging). And by the way flashing a recovery needs fastboot mode on the tablet, not adb mode. I don't know if it also works through adb, but the tutorial says fastboot mode and that's the way I did it. :)

By the way, two tips for using the forum: - hit thanks button instead of saying it ;)
- when you answer to a particular post, quote that post so the author of that post gets a message that somebody quoted him ;)

Jenero

Jun 24, 2018
If you say that you already had twrp and los installed that must mean you had your bootloader unlocked before, so no need to check your imei (the number you mentioned)
You just need the right drivers for your PC. If you haven't done already, try the ones recommended on the tutorial. If it's not a driver problem, maybe sth is wrong with the cable, I also have to move mine a little bit when connecting the tablet with the PC before it is recognized (sometimes even for charging). And by the way flashing a recovery needs fastboot mode on the tablet, not adb mode. I don't know if it also works through adb, but the tutorial says fastboot mode and that's the way I did it. :)

By the way, two tips for using the forum: - hit thanks button instead of saying it ;)
- when you answer to a particular post, quote that post so the author of that post gets a message that somebody quoted him ;)

Yeeeaaaaah, :D after some longer struggle with installing them drivers I've made it. :cowboy:
So I had access to TWRP recovery again, did all that was described in the link you've posted. So now I have the tablet reanimated to live. That was the good point (Thanks for your help - and yes, I've also pressed the Thanks button).

The bad point is: I can't reboot into TWRP recovery. When ever I start it and press volume up after for several times when the sony xperia writing appears it boots into some android recovery, but not into TWRP :mad:. But I need to go there, because I need to install google apps (they should be installed after the first reboot). For me it seems as if LineageOS overwrites the installed recovery when installing it.
Or am I doing something wrong?

---- Later ----
...ok, I reinstalled everything the same way, but this time I've installed LineageOS and google apps directly after another. It worked. But still, after OS was installed, TWRP recovery was gone. Or I need to do something different when booting...

So, if I am right, I can only use the pollux_windy version of the OS, because I have the Wi-Fi version of the tablet. This OS version can't be updated using the build-in update function. So how can I update the OS then?

Last edited:

tres_linguas

Apr 27, 2017
Yeeeaaaaah, :D after some longer struggle with installing them drivers I've made it. :cowboy:
So I had access to TWRP recovery again, did all that was described in the link you've posted. So now I have the tablet reanimated to live. That was the good point (Thanks for your help - and yes, I've also pressed the Thanks button).

The bad point is: I can't reboot into TWRP recovery. When ever I start it and press volume up after for several times when the sony xperia writing appears it boots into some android recovery, but not into TWRP :mad:. But I need to go there, because I need to install google apps (they should be installed after the first reboot). For me it seems as if LineageOS overwrites the installed recovery when installing it.
Or am I doing something wrong?

---- Later ----
...ok, I reinstalled everything the same way, but this time I've installed LineageOS and google apps directly after another. It worked. But still, after OS was installed, TWRP recovery was gone. Or I need to do something different when booting...

So, if I am right, I can only use the pollux_windy version of the OS, because I have the Wi-Fi version of the tablet. This OS version can't be updated using the build-in update function. So how can I update the OS then?

Yes, it is not that easy to keep twrp, I think this is because it is flashed to a partition that is later replaced by the os (boot partition, if I'm not wrong). But in the tutorial there is also a part that describes how to keep permanent twrp recovery. I guess one has to flash it to the so-called fota partition becoz our tablet ain't have recovery partition. But u will see that in the tutorial.

And yes, for wifi version you should use pollux_windy builds. Flash official version for weekly updates:

https://download.lineageos.org/pollux_windy

sainiloh

Feb 26, 2014
Hi guys

I have been running the rom perfectly except after few days originally recent button stopped working. A reset did not solve it, clearing cache and reinstalling rom did the trick. But exactly 2 months down, exact same situation, recent button stopped working today.

nicholasendean

Jul 3, 2005
LONDON
www.nicholasendean.com
A question..

I have a Sony SPG321 which is straight out the box running MM 5.1.1
I want to upgrade it, but don't want to mess it up by installing the wrong rom.

So could someone please tell me

*WHAT is the difference between a POLLUX_WINDY, and a POLLUX?*

Big Thanks :good:

iguaan

Feb 5, 2017
I have a Sony SPG321 which is straight out the box running MM 5.1.1
I want to upgrade it, but don't want to mess it up by installing the wrong rom.

So could someone please tell me

*WHAT is the difference between a POLLUX_WINDY, and a POLLUX?*

Big Thanks :good:
Maybe few posts back you can get your answer...

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an Unofficial builds for Xperia Tablet Z LTE/Wi-Fi.
    About ROM
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Installation
    • Download the latest build
    • Place ROM in your SD card or Internal Storage
    • Reboot into recovery mode
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended)
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    Downloads
    Pollux: AFH
    Pollux_windy: AFH
    Recommended Recovery (optional)
    Gapps (optional)
    OpenGapps (ARM/Android-7.1): http://opengapps.org
    Information: Flash the GApps after the first boot and setup.​
    Sources

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod/LineageOS 14.1 for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Contributors
    CaHbKaUp
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-05-16

Created 2016-11-09
    Last Updated 2018-05-17
    Update:
    - Last google's november security update (Android 7.1.0_r7/NDE63X)
    - Updated selinux
    - WebView selection in Developer Options
    - Email app welcome f/c fix
    - Downloads app twin records fix
    - WiFi 5Ghz update - need to test

2016/12/04
    Update:
    - Adaptive brightness now work
    - CMFileManager fix
    - Battery icons works
    - Enabled pollux_windy tethering
    - Disabled pollux_windy call/sms support as expected

2016/12/07
    Update:
    - Android 7.1.1

2016/12/20
    Update:
    - Android 7.1.1 r6
    - Camera fix
    - Switch to CM Charger

2016/12/23
    Update:
    - Integrated TWRP 3.0.3

2016/12/30
    Update:
    - Camera/TWRP fix
    - Signature Spoofing patch
    - updated SEPolicy

2017/01/04
    Update:
    - Autowakeup on charger when power off

2017/01/12
    Update:
    - January 2017 security patch
    - CMFilemanager fix
    - WiFi AP fix
    - mic in Skype fix (thanks zeelog)
    - FM Radio (thanks zeelog)

2017/01/24
    Update:
    - GPU overclock
    - Camera mode fix

2017/02/16
    Update:
    - Kernel (Fast USB Charge, voltage table, etc)

2017/03/01
    Update:
    - February security patch
    - Switching to Camera2 (Snap is still not correctly working)
    - Build using UBERTC toolchain

2017/03/16
    Update:
    - March security updates
    - Added new CPU governers
    - MPDecision replaced by Alucard hotplug driver
    - TWRP 3.1.0

2017/04/17
    Update:
    - Android 7.1.2
    - April security updates
    - Last kernel CVE's
    - Google Assistant support

2017/04/17
    Update for pollux_windy only:
    - GPS
    - WiFi issues
    - Youtube issues

2017/05/01
    Update:
    - Network Traffic indicator

2017/05/02
    Update:
    - Android 7.1.2 Release 8 (N2G47O) with May 2017 security updates

2017/05/25
    Update:
    - TWRP 3.1.1
    - Last kernel CVE's
    - Disable timestamp preq (get rid off "Can't install this package (...) over newer" error)
    - Enabled ZRAM
    - SafetyNet bypass

2017/06/08
    Update:
    - June 2017 Android security patch
    - Last kernel CVE's
    - Enable to change TTL
    - Added new TCP congestion algorithms and Westwood+ now is default
    - Removed ZRAM
    - SDCardFS support

2017/07/08
    Update:
    - July 2017 Android security patch
    - Google Widevine DRM support

2017/08/08
    Update:
    - August 2017 Android security patch
    - Panic Detection Mode

2017/09/19
    Update:
    - AutoSMP Hotplug driver
    - State Notifier driver
    - aptX codec (experimental)

2017/10/09
    Update:
    - October 2017 Android security patch

2017/11/24
    Update:
    - November 2017 Android security patch

2017/12/12
    Update:
    - December 2017 Android security patch

2018/05/16
    Update:
    - April 2018 Android security patch
    Welcome official LineageOS 14.1 night builds:

PS: Do not update from my builds, make clean installation with full wipe!
    A few good news: now all fusion3 devices will receive official weeklies builds of LineageOS 14.1 - https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/topic:fusion3-cm-14.1+(status:open+OR+status:merged) . The first build for Xperia Tablet Z can be downloaded on Thursday(21/09) at https://download.lineageos.org/ :)
    CaHbKaUp will be a maintainer for Tablet Z LTE / Tablet Z Wi-Fi
    Oh, how embarrassing :p I thought it was a bug....now I have rotation on lock-screen and multi-window both working...so thank you very much, Azazel Azay!! :good:

BTW concerning the software-update function: is it intended to actually work? I mean is there any chance that in the future one could be able to update to a newer version of Lineage (say, Android 7.2) comfortably in this way? Or will one always have to flash newer builds through recovery?
    Greetingzzz
    Tres

The updater function only works on official builds. In the meantime, there's an AFH downloader app that is the next best thing to OTA updates: Simply enter the 6-digit code in the app's settings from the full URL of the AFH folder of your variant. These are the folder URL codes under CaHbKaUp's and my AFH accounts:

CaHbKaUp
    - pollux & pollux_windy: 140468

ripee
    - pollux: 202441
    - pollux_windy: 202452