[ROM][7.1.2][E6533/53] Resurrection Remix N 5.8.4 for Xperia Z4 (ivy) [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

halo6534

Dec 28, 2015
Hanoi
Can I use the latest Facula kernel (Z4_Z3P_SK_ENF_vN_RR_Facula_I.2.44_ivy.zip) and FSC+ Thermal Engine ([Z3+]_FSC+_Thermal_Engine__stable_1.0.zip)at the same time in the lastest 20171114 build ?
Btw the rom itself are smooth and stable with exellent battery i just want to optimize the kernels and mod like you guys
Thanks in advance !

BaraaModallal

Feb 4, 2017
Damascus
*Edit: SIM cards work fine now, latest Facula & ROM
Does anyone whether facula or original kernel is more battery friendly for this 5.8.5 ROM? and would LXT mod make a difference with any?

Last edited:

ridwanxperia

Sep 30, 2017
flash all zip

hey sir, i want to ask, this rom is suitable for xperia z3 + dual and for all zip files install via twrp..? and give an example of how to wipe for this rom.. thnks :) sory bad english

kgalv419

Mar 14, 2014
Belize CIty
What to Flash

Hi Guys, I just wanted to know In order of flashing what all should I flash to get the best out of this rom. I just want to know this so I can get a great user experience just the names of everything I need to flash will do perfectly for example ROM version, Kernel, and scripts if needed. Thank you for your help!

secherz

Aug 27, 2013
Hello,
I use E6533 (dual version) with latest fw 32.4.A.1.54
is it fine to flash this ROM (RR-N-v5.8.5-20171114-ivy-Unofficial_zach.zip) directly using TWRP?
should I need to flash kernel (Z4_Z3P-DSDS_SK_ENF_vN_RR_Facula_I.2.44_ivy_dual.zip) or using Stok Kernel?
any scripts that I should need to be applied ONCE after boot?
Thank You

Rudjgaard

Jun 11, 2012
Thank you for your work.
The rom with stock kernel works like a charm, stable and excellent battery (i came from stock 5.11 and was sicnerely surprised)
After almost a week i decided to switch to your kernel and give it a try but i'm experiencing a huge battery drain.
Not sure what is causing it though, bbs gives me a 1.5/min wakelock from wificonnectivitymanager, both with wifi on and off, no scan while asleep, no location etc., amplify just gives me a huge count of generic *alarm
The best indicator that there's a problem is watching yt video while plugged into power and battery would still drain 1% every 5min or so, i never seen battery drain whille connected to power.
I'll try a clean wipe and see if it gets fixed, else i'm back on default kernel which worked fine but doesn't have screen color correction
Thanks again, cheers

HBK_Rishav

Mar 25, 2017
Siliguri
Hello,
I use E6533 (dual version) with latest fw 32.4.A.1.54
is it fine to flash this ROM (RR-N-v5.8.5-20171114-ivy-Unofficial_zach.zip) directly using TWRP?
should I need to flash kernel (Z4_Z3P-DSDS_SK_ENF_vN_RR_Facula_I.2.44_ivy_dual.zip) or using Stok Kernel?
any scripts that I should need to be applied ONCE after boot?
Thank You

You can flash this ROM by TWRP without flashing any kernel. You can also flash the facula kernel but personally I would prefer you to keep stock kernel of this ROM and flash FSC mod for better battery life. [NOTE: You have to flash the addon su script after installing the ROM and gapps before the first boot otherwise you will not be getting root access.]

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

hey sir, i want to ask, this rom is suitable for xperia z3 + dual and for all zip files install via twrp..? and give an example of how to wipe for this rom.. thnks :) sory bad english

If you are in stock ROM and you have unlocked your bootloader then flash a TWRP recovery via Sony flashtool and backup your system and then wipe system, data(not internal storage) and cache partition by TWRP and then flash this build with gapps followe by su addon script.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

*Edit: SIM cards work fine now, latest Facula & ROM
Does anyone whether facula or original kernel is more battery friendly for this 5.8.5 ROM? and would LXT mod make a difference with any?

Original kernel is more battery friendly but still I use FSC mod with LXT which gives a better battery backup.

Yaguznal

Nov 30, 2013
Moto Z Play
Does not read SD card

I have a peculiar problem. Build 5.8.5 does not want to read my SD card.

TWRP reads it fine and so does my linux laptop when I put the card in a reader. It is obviously not a physical issue.
Has anyone experienced the same and how did you fix it?

Many thanks in advance!

Edit: I flashed the original boot.img and the sd card showed up again. There seems to be something wrong with the facula kernel posted in the download section of this thread, at least for my phone.

Last edited:

kgalv419

Mar 14, 2014
Belize CIty
Instructions

Hi guys it's going to be my first time trying the rom so I really want some help with the flashing process. From my understanding this is how to flash pleas make corrections where needed:

1. Wipe data and cache
2. Flash RR-N-v5.8.5-20171023-ivy-Unofficial
3. Flash latest Gapps
4. Flash Scripts scripts_for_HMP-kernel.zip? (i'm unsure here because I want root but none of the scripts give reference to root)
5. Optional flash FSC and LXT mods

I just want to make sure I have root access after all this is done. Thank you for any advice at all.

Error with QC3.0 and Hearthstone

Hi.
I installed this CFW and I'm impressed. And of course thank you for your work. This is great comb. of apps/features/changes in OS.

I have noticed two issue, and if you know the way to solve this, I'll be grateful.
1. On the first night, after install, i plugged Z4 to charger with QuickCharge 3.0 and go to sleep. Tommorow I take my Z4 and I saw it was Very Hot! Something about 50-55'C. Immediately i put it to freezer to cool this down. After cooled to 20'C I plug him to 5V port and he start charging. He had 0% and after 3 hours he finish. I try turn on, and all was very well. No sign of any damage or permamently issues.
After all of this I try again to use QC 3.0 port. I spot what's going wrong. Z4 give me a signal about charging, but LED didn't flash up and battery icon didn't change their form to percentage inform, so device recognize the plug, but evidently charging don't work. Tell me, Can I make it work back, on my Xperia Z4?

2.After Install RR I tried install hearthstone from Google Play. But I can't becuase GP on HS page says, My device is not compatible to run this app.... Weird, becuase on normal OFW 6.0 or 7.0, I did play on HS very well.
In Settings page -> Phone Information, I spot problem, probably. In field "Device Name" is entered "ivy" name, but on OFW there was Xperia Z3+. Maybe here is the problem? Tell me please, How Can I change name of device to a little cheat Google Play/Hearthstone Device "compatible checker"?

I'll be grateful for all tips.
JacobJakub

dpalac3

Aug 24, 2018
phone error

Hello, flashed RR on e6553, working great, using RR on my xperia ZL, but perfomance wise its suffering, but working flawlessly, so i flashed on my z3+ working great except, one small problem.

When making a call, or listening to a recording on whatsapp screen turns off, as when making a call so u dont touch touchscreen- but when i remove from ear or even dont move it at all, just press call and screen turns off and u CANNOT turn it on in any way, except when on other end drops the call, atm i got a workaround using power button to end call, but it cant be used all the time, and was intresting as recording in whatsapp also turns off screen- music and video doesnt and eradio doesnt., so im quite stumped in what could be wrong- on what basis does the phone recognize u have it on ear or in hand? , becouse i ordered new Frame LCD Touch kit, as mine had nonresponsive touch line- maybe chinese forgot to install some sensor...

amirhunter666

Sep 21, 2015
Hello, flashed RR on e6553, working great, using RR on my xperia ZL, but perfomance wise its suffering, but working flawlessly, so i flashed on my z3+ working great except, one small problem.

When making a call, or listening to a recording on whatsapp screen turns off, as when making a call so u dont touch touchscreen- but when i remove from ear or even dont move it at all, just press call and screen turns off and u CANNOT turn it on in any way, except when on other end drops the call, atm i got a workaround using power button to end call, but it cant be used all the time, and was intresting as recording in whatsapp also turns off screen- music and video doesnt and eradio doesnt., so im quite stumped in what could be wrong- on what basis does the phone recognize u have it on ear or in hand? , becouse i ordered new Frame LCD Touch kit, as mine had nonresponsive touch line- maybe chinese forgot to install some sensor...

The cause of this problem is the rom.you change yor rom.i had same problem and i flashed official sony rom.i dont know why this rom get same bugs after a few weeks

Patricmac

Aug 4, 2014

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    September 2021 update:

Since I've been getting requests lately due to Google's updated Google Drive policy - here's the updated share link for the Z4/Z3+ kernels

Z4_Z3Plus_Resurrection-Remix_5.8.4_Android-7.1.2 (including NovaCore in the Folder):

Z4_Z3Plus_Resurrection-Remix_5.8.5_Android-7.1.2:

6n3ztGX.png

Resurrection Remix Nougat

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS (formerly CM) ,slim, omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

Special thanks to, the LineageOS (CM) team, OMNI team, SLIMROMS , @quarkx & @Olivier for the main work on ivy

Features

Based On Latest Google Android 7.1.2 release

RR Customizations:-
    -Enable/Disable Navbar
    -Navbar Button Customization smartbar
    -Navbar Pulse
    -Navbar Fling
    -Double Tap To sleep navbar

-Statusbar
    -Brightness Slider
    -Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
    -SuperUser Indicator Switch
    -Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
    -Carrier Label
    -Carrier Label Switch
    -Carrier label Color
    -Carrier Label Size
    -Clock Customizations
    -Time & date
    -Day & date Toogle
    -Center/Right/Left Clock Choice
    -Date Format
    -Clock Font Styles
    -Battery
    -Battery Bar customization
    -Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
    -Battery % Text
    -Network Traffic Indicator
    -Network Traffic Arrows Switch
    -Incoming/OutGoing Traffic
    -Network traffic Color
    -Statusbar RR Logo
    -RR logo Color
    -Position
    -Custom Logos
    -Logo Color
    -Position
    -Style
    -StatusBar Weather
    -Weather Color
    -Weather Position(left/right)
    -Weather Font Style
    -Weather Size
    -StatusBar Ticker
    -Ticker Text color
    -Ticker Icon Color

-Animations
    -Toast Animations
    -ListView Animations
    -System Animations
    -Power Menu Animations
    -Misc Animations

-Gestures
    -Gestures Anywhere Feature
    -3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture

-App Circle Bar
    -Choose apps in AppSidebar
    -Trigger Width
    -Trigger Hieght
    -Trigger Position
    -App Sidebar
    -Choose apps in App circle
    -Trigger Width
    -Trigger Hieght
    -Trigger Position
    -Pie
    -Pie Trigger(left ,Right ,Bottom)
    -Pie Targets
    -Pie Colors
    -More Pie Features

-Recents Panel
    -Clear All button Switch
    -Clear All Tasks Switch
    -Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
    -Full Screen Recents
    -Recents Styles
    -OmniSwitch

-Cclock Widget
    -CLock And Alarm Customizations
    -Weather Panel Customizations
    -Calender Events

-LockScreen
    -Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
    -Lockscreen General Shorcuts
    -100+ Icons for Shortcuts
    -Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
    -Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
    -Quick PIN/Patter Unlock
    -LockScreen Wallpaper
    -Lockscreen Weather Widget
    -Lockscreen Icons Color

-Quick Settings Draggable Tiles
    -Customizable Tiles
    -Dyanamic Tiles Adjustment
    -Number of columns/rows
    -Tile Animations
    -Notification Drawer
    -LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
    -Disable Immersive Mode Messages
    -Force Expand Notification
    -Quick PullDown
    -Smart Pulldown
    -Notification Panel Transperency
    -Volume Dialog Transperency
    -Notification Panel Stroke
    -Volume Dialog Stroke

-Buttons
    -Backlight Timer
    -Backlight Strength

-Advanced Reboot Menu
    -Power Menu Customizations
    -Power Off
    -Reboot(Recovery, Bootloader, Hot Reboot)
    -ScreenShot
    -Power Menu End Calls Switch
    -Restart SystemUI
    -Airplane Mode
    -ScreenRecord
    -On the Go Mode
    -Sound Panel

-Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Home Button answer call
    -Long Press Actions
    -Double Tap Actions

-Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Short Press Actions
    -Long Press Actions

-Search Button(If Device Supports)
    -Short Press Action
    -Long Press Action

-Volume Buttons
    -Wake Up Device
    -Playback Control
    -Ringtone Volume Control
    -Keyboard Cursor Control
    -Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
    -Volume Key Answer

-Miscellaneous
    -Selinux Switch (Switch Between Permissive and Enforcing Selinux if Device has Selinux Enabled)
    -cLock Shortcut
    -Disable Battery Saver Warning Color
    -OTA U
    -Cammera Shutter Sound Enable/Disable

-SystemUI Tuner
    -Enabled By default
    -Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner As compared To AOSP
    -StatusBar Icons Cuzomizations
    -Quick Settings Customizations

-Other Features
    -Perfomance Profiles
    -LCD Density
    -Expanded Desktop Mode
    -Heads Up Switch and customizations
    -Live Display
    -Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation
    -Lock Screen Autorotate Switch
    -Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow
    -Double Tap Power Button To enable Camera gesture
    -Prevent Accidental Wakeup
    -Wake Phone on Charging Plug
    -Battery Light Customizations
    -Notification Light Customizations
    -Font Size
    -CM privacy guard
    -Performance Tweaks(Kernel Aduitor Inbuilt)

-Magisk root inbuilt

-RR OTA

-A Whole new RR Configurations
    -OverAll Smoothness Improvements
    -Optimizations to Improve Battery
    -Includes All Android Nougat Features
    -Includes ALL CM14.1 Features
    -AND MUCH MUCH MORE

Installation Instructions

Downloads

Bugs:

same as LineageOS

Source Code:

https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_msm8994/commits/cm-14.1

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_ivy/commits/cm-14.1

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 / Android 7.1.2 for Xperia Z4, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z4

Contributors
    zacharias.maladroit, Quarx, Olivier, cdesai, Myself5, kali-, banmeifyouwant
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2017-08-29
    Last Updated 2017-10-28
    You want cool ? You get cool !
    (testing kernel, might be somewhat more unstable)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BykGGWB96CBQWmkyUzBWMFRYcWs

changes include

• PDesire Auralia v11.0
    • improved IRQ handling
    • (already mentioned)
    • WiFi PowerManagement is back ! (consumption is too high for my taste) - please report for idle WiFi drain
    • big-core off value has been lowered from 74°C to 68°C which should be way more friendly :eek:
    • switched to 7.2.1 Linaro Toolchain [testing]
    • several stability-fixes
    • optimized compiler flags
    • [BACKPORTS] several bluetooth stability-fixes, this should make reliability much better (?)
    • underclock of the BIG core to 1536 MHz, underclock of the little core to 1344 (best efficiency)
    • fixed additional Hz references in drivers to prepare for higher timer rate
    • sched: prefer awake CPUs over idle [might save more energy]
    • core_ctl: online delay - keep cores offline for 0.5s (500 ms) once unplugged (cooler, makes more sense)
    • a few other things not mentioned

kudos to @frap129 for part of the changes :)
    There seems to be access issues to Google Drive for some of you from Japan or specifically educational background (university access),

I've uploaded the ROM to Downloads section on XDA, checksums:

md5sum RR-N-v5.8.5-20171023-ivy-Unofficial_zach.zip
    97f7f1810003eda6ad721cfed4a49d08 RR-N-v5.8.5-20171023-ivy-Unofficial_zach.zip

0936e4349c345464b76a207032924e09 scripts_for_HMP-kernel.zip

md5sum Z4_Z3P_SK_ENF_vN_RR_Facula_I.2.41_ivy.zip
    a32f56da5fd67140b1f9f6b6b5c415cf Z4_Z3P_SK_ENF_vN_RR_Facula_I.2.41_ivy.zip

md5sum Z4_Z3P-DSDS_SK_ENF_vN_RR_Facula_I.2.41_ivy_dual.zip
    d29ad35450aec8df949bb5db110c2ffd Z4_Z3P-DSDS_SK_ENF_vN_RR_Facula_I.2.41_ivy_dual.zip

The newest Facula I.2.41 kernel has several smoothness , security and battery runtime improvements
    Respected xda member.... I was referring to heating issue relatively found in stock/lineage/m rom/Kryptonian rom.RR is way hotter than any of the roms mentioned above..... Its just my opinion /observation based on after usage of all the above mentioned roms.
    I know it's qualcomm 810...the main culprit.But still RR has something in it, which is making it relatively hotter than other roms.

M not complaining about it.... Just appreciating the hard work of the developer and writing my observations for the betterment of this rom.btw thnx everyone

There's several factors: kernel (BCL, thermal, hotplug, and several other subsystems), ROM / thermal manager / "thermal engine", thermal config

Please give @korom42 's Thermal mod a try:

https://xdaforums.com/xperia-z4/development/z3-z4-fsc-improve-performance-reduce-t3673753

New "Facula" (Sun-)kernel Release [1_2_29_2_2]

Explanation of the name:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facula
    http://www.isf.astro.su.se/highlights/faculae-explained/

(lol - everytime I read the name I think "Dracula" :silly: )

Link:

Resurrection Remix:

changes include

• based on the new patched up LineageOS Kernel base ( kudos to @Olivier )
    • bleeding edge Linaro 7.2.1 Toolchain
    • enhanced optimizations
    • bleeding edge binder 4.9
    • bleeding edge F2FS (currently NOT built into the kernel, WIP - so do NOT attempt to convert any partitions to it :p )
    • vibration enhancements to make it work more reliably
    • BCL (battery current limit) rework
    • msm-core fixes & improvements
    • several charger fixes,
    • fix for overflow during charging fully
    • ARP spoofing protection (thanks to @jollaman999 )
    • zram fixes & improvements
    • lz4 fixes
    • camera speedups & enhancements
    • ASoC: CPE enhancements & reliability improvements, stability improvements
    • stability & reliability improvements
    • writeback: speedups
    • Fauxsound
    • exfat in-built kernel driver + fixes & speed-ups
    • load average reductions to keep CPU load low
    • a few scheduler power consumption reductions
    • fixed/improved battery state calculation (the old one could overflow once the battery was full)
    • other things I forgot to mention

Additional changes (for 1_2_4)
    • F2FS enabled
    • mm: per-thread vma caching added (reduction of the needed cycles for expensive rbtree walk of find_vma() by up to 250%, hit-rate improvement of 25-9431% [ebizzy] [cached] )
    • re-enabled msm-core polling, decreased the polling rate

More changes (for 1_2_16)
    • added dynamic wakelock blocker from @PDesire (kudos !)
    • added a few serial fixes
    • do hotplug with SCHED_FIFO priority to make hotplugging more reliable under heavy load (re-added, seemed to have worked well in NovaCore)
    • revamped alarm driver to make setting an alarm time (even when the device is OFF (?) (sic!)) work as expected, so that it boots up 2 minutes before [needs testing]
    • add several timer fixes
    • several WiFi driver tweaks to (potentially) reduce power consumption
    • stability fixes against WiFi driver to avoid crashes / panics
    • add state_notifier
    • add PowerSuspend [seemed to be "at fault" for better power savings (?!) :cowboy: ]
    • add Adreno Idler to cut down power consumption of GPU
    • a few fixes to the adreno_tz driver
    • rework of the net/bluetooth subsystem with several reliability and stability fixes
    • rework of the drivers/bluetooth subsystem with latest bluetooth driver, power savings and stability fixes [FM/GPS/BT/ANT]
    • rework of the dwc3 ( "SuperSpeed (SS) USB 3.0 Dual-Role-Device (DRD) from Synopsys" ), to increase stability, reliability and cut down CPU load during e.g. charging, potentially also increasing performance
    • fingerprint driver stability / reliability improvement
    • touchscreen stability / reliability improvement
    • clk: add fixes to allow devices with broken cluster to boot (similar to Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P)
    • raise performance of mmc a bit
    • power button: increase the debounce delay a bit to make sure that Power Button work reliably (potentially fixed an screen stay black issue on Z5 compact)
    • raised mitigation frequency to 960 MHz, disabling hotplugging of BIG cluster upon BCL event [would lead to massive lagging] [eval]
    • enhanced optimized compiler flags
    • revert to 6.3.1 Linaro Toolchain (7.2.1 would throw internal compiler error), yep, I tend to stress things to the max and track down errors :D
    • other changes I forgot

Additional changes (for 1_2_29_2_2)
    • vidc improvement
    • fix to power-button operation/handling (fixes ghost button touches, not waking up from sleep, etc.)
    • force cores 0 (little cluster) + 4 (big cluster) online
    • slub improvements
    • mm subsystem rework, allocation fixes (vmalloc), fragmentation reduction, compact memory while screen is off
    • tmpfs fixes
    • readahead improvements
    • bcmdhd (wifi) driver refinement, this should fix the high battery/energy usage during use
    • wifi: reduce wakelocks
    • cpuidle: rework
    • lpm (low power modes): rework
    • cpu-boost: rework, improvements, raise priority to SCHED_FIFO [smoother operation]
    • raise priority of kgsl [smoother operation]
    • kgsl: several improvements related to smoothness, latency, reliability
    • others I forgot

(this is a joke, right ? "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.")