[ROM][7.1.2][EOL]Resurrection Remix-N | RC 3 | Development & Discussion | 12/11/2017

Search This thread

Lavire69

Feb 7, 2016
I use this firmware for a month. And regularly - once in one or two days - it hangs/freezes. At first, everything starts to slow down, and then freezes completely. I tried LOS - there is the same. On the 4pda-forum, some users also complain about the hang.
What to do?
After the freezes and reboot, I do not know how to get the previous logcat.
I think that in next build all of this hangs will dissappear. So for now only thing you can do is roll bqck to previous beta or wait for next build

leho6694

Sep 22, 2015
Pawłów
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi,I have problem with cpu min freq when I set it to 600MHz after few moment it change to 787, and when I change hispeed_freq to 1190400 affter moment it change to 998400,same with target_loads when I set it to 80 1094400:90 1190400:95 it change to 80 998400:90 1190400:99 . To change this parameters I use Kernel Adiutor,trying Kernel Adiutor Mod, and Kernel Toolkit. How can I edit this parameters ?

Konstantinosj77

Mar 18, 2012
Athens
After flashing new build we should flash the newest Magisk too?

I can't find any info - we should flash again TWRP from 12th may before flashing RR?

If you need root,you can flash whatever you want.
SafetyNet works out-of-the-box. I don't know If magisk or supersu or whatever breaks it and I cannot help with that.
No need to reflash TWRP if you already have the latest one.... :)

Reactions: Hrustus

Hrustus

Aug 19, 2012
If you need root,you can flash whatever you want.
SafetyNet works out-of-the-box. I don't know If magisk or supersu or whatever breaks it and I cannot help with that.
No need to reflash TWRP if you already have the latest one.... :)
OK, i understand :3 Actually root is needed to delete some apps, thats all (but i can remove them from .zip).

I'm downloading now, and when storm pass away i'll flash it :good:

Zaula

Aug 25, 2015
Hi, thanks for the ROM, it runs smoothly on my phone (aqua) and boost some apps that kinda lag when opened on stock ROM.
I have a question about the headphone/set, it's only me or not, the ROM can't detect my stock headset. The problem isn't caused by itself, because whenever i plug it into PC, it can run properly and on stock ROM. I'm glad if there is a solution or an answer, because my aim isn't for music, but i sometime use it.

f2065

Sep 5, 2007
Moscow
f2065.ru
New build released!
Download link updated on first post,changelog on second post.
Enjoy! :)

I use 1 day. In RR RC1 - freezes and lags more than RR-beta2.
The camera works 1 time out of 3. The screen is white and there is no picture. And autofocus slows down. But sometimes the camera works fine.

This is not RC and not Beta, it's Alpha :crying:

In LOS beta-3, there are no freezes! This in LOS began with beta-4. Correct what was spoiled in Beta-4 compared to Beta-3.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

I think that in next build all of this hangs will dissappear. So for now only thing you can do is roll bqck to previous beta or wait for next build
The new build is still worse.
So after the restart, the memory card disappears (the card was changed to another model - transcend 32gb - it did not help).
And also the camera began to fail.

marco2tiger8

Oct 25, 2012
West Jakarta
The camera works 1 time out of 3. The screen is white and there is no picture. And autofocus slows down. But sometimes the camera works fine.

In LOS beta-3, there are no freezes! This in LOS began with beta-4. Correct what was spoiled in Beta-4 compared to Beta-3.

So after the restart, the memory card disappears (the card was changed to another model - transcend 32gb - it did not help).

I have Transcend 32gb. The one with 10 inside a circle and 1 inside a 'U' shape. I will try RR RC1 and see if there is any problem with my phone. I have D2305.

I'm currently with LOS RC1. I got massive lag in ppsspp but it was caused by l speed. Uninstalled and it is fine. My suggestion for l speed user with xperia m2 is don't use l speed. Sometimes it isn't lagging but sometimes in newer version it lags as hell.

f2065

Sep 5, 2007
Moscow
f2065.ru
I have Transcend 32gb. The one with 10 inside a circle and 1 inside a 'U' shape. I will try RR RC1 and see if there is any problem with my phone. I have D2305.

Memory cards have problems in all LOS / RR builds.

- 64gb cards - in the mode of combining memory in 8-12 hours go into the ReadOnly mode. After restarting again, 8-12 hours work and again ReadOnly.
But in the mode of portable media - there is no such problem.

- any 32GB cards (Kingston, Transcend UHS, old Transcend w / o UHS) and 64GB (Sandisk extreme, extreme pro, transcend) - if after the interface starts to freezes/lag (after 1 day of operation approximately) the phone reloads - the cards disappear from the system .
The phone says that the card is corrupted and you need to format it. Turning the phone on / off does not help.
But if the card is removed and immediately inserted - everything becomes normal, the card continues its normal operation.
Also, the input to TWRP and the reboot system from TWRP help. After that, too, the microSD comes to normal and continues to work.
If in TWRP turn off the phone and turn on - with the problem microSD .

D2403 rev5

Konstantinosj77

Mar 18, 2012
Athens
Memory cards have problems in all LOS / RR builds.

- 64gb cards - in the mode of combining memory in 8-12 hours go into the ReadOnly mode. After restarting again, 8-12 hours work and again ReadOnly.
But in the mode of portable media - there is no such problem.

- any 32GB cards (Kingston, Transcend UHS, old Transcend w / o UHS) and 64GB (Sandisk extreme, extreme pro, transcend) - if after the interface starts to freezes/lag (after 1 day of operation approximately) the phone reloads - the cards disappear from the system .
The phone says that the card is corrupted and you need to format it. Turning the phone on / off does not help.
But if the card is removed and immediately inserted - everything becomes normal, the card continues its normal operation.
Also, the input to TWRP and the reboot system from TWRP help. After that, too, the microSD comes to normal and continues to work.
If in TWRP turn off the phone and turn on - with the problem microSD .

D2403 rev5

I remember you saying "There is no such problems on stock" of course! You can't merge SD card in LP!
I was running RR for 24hrs before release. No problem reagrding lag,camera or whatever.
Also @Th3 Ant reported that everything works correctly.

Princerapopo4

Sep 25, 2016
Jakarta

I don't think so...almost 2 dayI used RC 1, and everything work perfectly in RC 1

And I say this is RC 1 !, much appreciate for KJ77 & Freack and anyone who work in this ROM :eek:

f2065

Sep 5, 2007
Moscow
f2065.ru
I remember you saying "There is no such problems on stock" of course! You can't merge SD card in LP!
I'm talking about a problem with memory loss in the portable storage mode. In the factory firmware this does not happen. And in LOS/RR - it happens often.

I was running RR for 24hrs before release. No problem reagrding lag,camera or whatever.
I think that problems begin only when they are really used, and not just the phone is 24 hours.
Chrome, FB, Twitter, MailDroid, MXplayer, Skype, Maps, Banking and other programs...
After a few hours, the lags begin, the lags are intensified and after a day everything just completely freezes.
And not only me! At 4pda, users report the same problem, and return to LOS beta-3 - there are no lags there!

Princerapopo4

Sep 25, 2016
Jakarta
SafetyNet passed with latest magisk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170711-173051.png
    Screenshot_20170711-173051.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 156

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][7.1.2][EOL]Resurrection Remix-N | RC 3 | Development & Discussion | 12/11/2017

2d250312b0.png

Included Main Features

-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

Install latest TWRP and read OP from HERE

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended
    - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest TWRP 3.x Recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!​

-UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using recovery
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

Installation Files

TWRP

ROM

OpenGapps(micro or smaller)

Resurrection Remix Github Source

XDA Rules

Code:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][EOL]Resurrection Remix-N | RC 3 | Development & Discussion | 12/11/2017, ROM for the Sony Xperia M2

Contributors
    Konstantinosj77
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3
    Stable Release Date: 2017-11-12

Created 2017-03-15
    Last Updated 2017-11-12
    Reserved

Beta 1 (15-03-2017)
    - Initial release

Beta 2 (12-05-2017)
    - Latest RR/Android changes
    - Support for f2fs on /data and /cache partitions
    - Real MAC for WiFi and BT
    - Support for SDcardFS
    - Some changes on LMK (Should improve multitasking)

Release Candidate 1. (08-07-2017)
    - Latest Android/RR updates
    - New cleaner script for WiFi MAC Calibration
    - SELinux is now enforcing
    - Fix SafetyNet
    - Add widevine DRM modules
    - No more text relocations for camera modules
    - Update WiFi driver to LA.BF.1.1.3_rb1.15
    - Fix PokemonGO audio bug
    - Reduce swappiness to stock kernel value (60)
    - ROM is now rootless by default
    THIS IS THE FIRST RELEASE WITH SELINUX ON ENFORCING MODE, EXPECT BUGS!

Release Candidate 2 (25-08-2017)
    - Latest RR/Android changes
    - Removed SDCardFS support,resolved hard-lock and SD problems
    - Ported zRAM from stock. Now we also use LZ4 compression. Should improve stability and performance.
    - Update fstab with parts from stock ROM. Should improve stability too.
    - Use ondemand gov. and power init from stock. Should improve battery life and stability.

Release Candidate 3-Final build (12-11-2017)
    - Latest RR/Android updates
    - Fixed Blueborne vulnerability
    - Fixed KRACK vulnerability
    - Replaced modular DTS with pure stock one
    - Enabled HDR mode in camera
    - Upstreamed kernel up to 3.4.113 (latest version)
    - Fixed bootlogo display on truly panels

Some info on f2fs.
    First of all is optional,so if you don't feel like using it..no problem!
    If you want to use it without losing your data there is a simple trick you can use.
    1) Be sure you are using latest TWRP
    2) Do a full backup (PLEASE BACKUP INTERNAL SD CARD STUFF TOO (photos,music,etc) EVERYTHING WILL BE WIPED
    3) Go into Wipe->Advanced wipe->Select your partition (Data or Cache)-> Repair or change file system -> Change File system -> Select F2FS
    4) Go into settings and check "Use rm -rf instead of formatting"
    5) Restore your backup.
    For those requesting RR Oreo, or any other ROM fork actually:

It's not about difficulty at all, basically when you have one ROM working, you have them all.
    It's about time & resources.
    Building a ROM on a home computer is basically maxing it out, making it unusable for 4 hours. Take into account copying to SD, backing up and flashing and restoring every time when we need to test something. And a few hours of uploading when it's ready.

Also understand that from now on, neither me or Konstantinos are actively using M2 anymore, meaning what we do doesn't even have benefit for us - also means that projects here are gonna be somewhat less of a priority.
    We do this primarily because it's fun and interesting. If you whine alot, that kills the fun and makes us less enthusiastic about futher development. Hope that makes sense.

TLDR:
    Will we do Oreo, new kernels, and stuff? Yes, because it's fun.
    Will we build and maintain 5 different ROMs to keep everyone happy? No.
    New build released!
    Download link updated on first post,changelog on second post.
    Enjoy! :)
    Hello, I have a question, is there any official version of RR Remix?, is there support for xperia m2 and will be updated ResurrectionRemix on our phone???:)

Why don't you answer?:crying:

Also 2 PMs with the same question...wtf is wrong with you mate?!
    Anyway..
    No official support. But ROM is clean. No fancy hacks to make it work,no extra stuff.
    Is there support for M2? Uhm...this thread provides a ROM for the M2...so I dont get your question...
    New update will come this week.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone