[ROM][7.1.2][FINAL] ViperOS V3.1.1 for HLTExxx v8.7

Search This thread

uniqaaa

Aug 9, 2020
Sure, more fixes are coming. I will upload with July patch when Lineage release and i apply them.

得知你要发布v6.4版本后,我每天都睁开眼睛看看你有没有发布。我期待并渴望尝试新版本。我已经使用这个 ROM 2 年了。它非常舒适,光滑和美丽。我发现的唯一问题是一些最新的软件在使用中出现闪退和自动无线刷新。有小瑕疵也无所谓。请看能不能尽快发布,如果明天起床能看到最新版本,就是最开心的一天了

Translation by GT: After learning that you are going to release the v6.4 version, I open my eyes every day to see if you have released it. I am looking forward and eager to try the new version. I have used this ROM for 2 years. It is very comfortable, smooth and beautiful. The only problem I found is that some of the latest software crashes and automatically refreshes wirelessly during use. It doesn't matter if there are small flaws. Please see if it can be released as soon as possible. If you can see the latest version tomorrow, it will be the happiest day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DaOldMan

uniqaaa

Aug 9, 2020
I'm looking forward to the mid-term. I don't know when the V6.5 version will be released. Can I spoiled the time? July is coming. 9005 is my daily machine. I have to brush the machine in two months, because the memory will be crowded. When I bring a new experience, the old man will work hard for you, sir

uniqaaa

Aug 9, 2020
I will probablyh wait for the August patch to drop, incorporate it and then share. There are not many people using Note 3 roms anymore.
First of all, thank you for continuing to update note3 users. Note3 is still my daily machine. Recently, the memory is full and needs to be refreshed. I was very excited to see you update in July and thought I could use the new ROM, but it's all right. I'll wait until August to brush the new ROM v6.7. After the test, I can give you the test results, Because I only use note3 everyday and use it for 24 hours, V6.2, which I have been using, runs normally and brushes all other ROMs in the forum. Only this ROM has the least and most stable bugs. Thank you and hope

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
First of all, thank you for continuing to update note3 users. Note3 is still my daily machine. Recently, the memory is full and needs to be refreshed. I was very excited to see you update in July and thought I could use the new ROM, but it's all right. I'll wait until August to brush the new ROM v6.7. After the test, I can give you the test results, Because I only use note3 everyday and use it for 24 hours, V6.2, which I have been using, runs normally and brushes all other ROMs in the forum. Only this ROM has the least and most stable bugs. Thank you and hope
Which variant of note 3 do you have? Hlte?

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
Announcement of ViperOS V6.7

Dear ViperOS users,

I am happy to announce the latest v6.7 build of my ViperOS 3.1.1 build for the Note 3. A lot of security patches were applied as usual!

Compatible April, May, June, July & August 2021 patches were applied:

1. Do not inject mock location to chipset

2. Close screenshot process on user switched

3. WM: Only allow system to use NO_INPUT_CHANNEL.

4. avrc_copy_packet: Zero initialize packet

5. AVRCP: Use calloc to zero reserved fields

6. Legacy pairing: Reject device with same BD_ADDR

7. Update String

8. Fix phishing attacks over Bluetooth due to unclear warning message

9. smp: Reject pairing if the public keys match

10. avrcp: Ignore AVCT commands that are too long

11. Prevent using invalid result uri during multi user image change

12. Memory Disclosure, OOB Write Double Free in NFC T3T tag

13. Contain avrc_ctrl_pars_vendor_cmd OOB write

14. Hide non-system overlay window on ActivityPicker

15. avcenc: Add bitstream overflow check during emulation prevention

16. P2P: Fix a corner case in peer addition based on PD Request

17. Increase maximum allowed size for status bar icons

18. Limit maximum allowed size for a status bar icon

19. Remove unused intent in NiNotification

20. encoder: fix invalid free of raw buffers

21. Add permission for the broadcast intent with SIP profiles for security purpose.

22. manifest: Track our own android_frameworks_opt_net_voip

23. Potential out of bound in phNciNfc_RecvMfResp

24. Prevent drawing on top of DevicePickerActivity

25. Prevent HTML Injection on the Device Admin request screen

26. Tapjacking vulnerability when pairing Bluetooth devices with NFC

27. Forbid content from MmsFileProvider in Bluetooth Share

28. Fix floating point to text conversion overflow

29. Add intent-filter priority for CONFIGURE_VOICEMAIL intent.

30. Fix unable to send file via OPP

31. Fix bluetooth settings will broadcast to anywhere when some cases

32. Backport SQLITE_PRINTF_PRECISION_LIMIT

Download links:

Hlte: For hlte (International) ViperOS v6.7 press here
MD5: 63036776b20bb8f6db9f7cfc2a0fb5b8

HlteCHN: For hltechn (Chinese) ViperOS v6.7 press here
MD5: ac2873996b2ba20d1d5a253d97c372ad

HlteKOR: For hltekor (Korean) ViperOS v6.7 press here
MD5: ad1459b0713e449a2dcfb1feb17f8cb1

HlteTMO: For hltetmo (T-Mobile) ViperOS v6.7 press here
MD5: 13fb085a7355cd2045a769a51ab044bc

As always users of V1.0 – V6.2 can dirty flash (Don't forget to reflash kernel & magisk after rom installation - no gapps are needed. Nandroid backup is always recommended). Others should clean flash in the same way V1.0 is flashed (please read the OP!).

Enjoy the rom and thank you all for using ViperOS !

Metallicsteel

Nov 18, 2008
Announcement of ViperOS V6.7

Dear ViperOS users,

I am happy to announce the latest v6.7 build of my ViperOS 3.1.1 build for the Note 3. A lot of security patches were applied as usual!

Compatible April, May, June, July & August 2021 patches were applied:

1. Do not inject mock location to chipset

2. Close screenshot process on user switched

3. WM: Only allow system to use NO_INPUT_CHANNEL.

4. avrc_copy_packet: Zero initialize packet

5. AVRCP: Use calloc to zero reserved fields

6. Legacy pairing: Reject device with same BD_ADDR

7. Update String

8. Fix phishing attacks over Bluetooth due to unclear warning message

9. smp: Reject pairing if the public keys match

10. avrcp: Ignore AVCT commands that are too long

11. Prevent using invalid result uri during multi user image change

12. Memory Disclosure, OOB Write Double Free in NFC T3T tag

13. Contain avrc_ctrl_pars_vendor_cmd OOB write

14. Hide non-system overlay window on ActivityPicker

15. avcenc: Add bitstream overflow check during emulation prevention

16. P2P: Fix a corner case in peer addition based on PD Request

17. Increase maximum allowed size for status bar icons

18. Limit maximum allowed size for a status bar icon

19. Remove unused intent in NiNotification

20. encoder: fix invalid free of raw buffers

21. Add permission for the broadcast intent with SIP profiles for security purpose.

22. manifest: Track our own android_frameworks_opt_net_voip

23. Potential out of bound in phNciNfc_RecvMfResp

24. Prevent drawing on top of DevicePickerActivity

25. Prevent HTML Injection on the Device Admin request screen

26. Tapjacking vulnerability when pairing Bluetooth devices with NFC

27. Forbid content from MmsFileProvider in Bluetooth Share

28. Fix floating point to text conversion overflow

29. Add intent-filter priority for CONFIGURE_VOICEMAIL intent.

30. Fix unable to send file via OPP

31. Fix bluetooth settings will broadcast to anywhere when some cases

32. Backport SQLITE_PRINTF_PRECISION_LIMIT

Download links:

Hlte: For hlte (International) ViperOS v6.7 press here
MD5: 63036776b20bb8f6db9f7cfc2a0fb5b8

HlteCHN: For hltechn (Chinese) ViperOS v6.7 press here
MD5: ac2873996b2ba20d1d5a253d97c372ad

HlteKOR: For hltekor (Korean) ViperOS v6.7 press here
MD5: ad1459b0713e449a2dcfb1feb17f8cb1

HlteTMO: For hltetmo (T-Mobile) ViperOS v6.7 press here
MD5: 13fb085a7355cd2045a769a51ab044bc

As always users of V1.0 – V6.2 can dirty flash (Don't forget to reflash kernel & magisk after rom installation - no gapps are needed. Nandroid backup is always recommended). Others should clean flash in the same way V1.0 is flashed (please read the OP!).

Enjoy the rom and thank you all for using ViperOS !

I like ViperOS very much, but some applications do not work and it says that there is root in the device and I do not use root .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,
    Does ViperOS work with Galaxy Note 3 Tmobile SM-N900T? If yes, can you show me instructions how to install it?

Why do you ask things that are written in the OP (first post) and subsequent posts ? Just check the download section for the TMO version.

I have SM-N900T, SM-N900W8, & SM-N9005 and I can confirm ViperOs works fine. If you can manage to flash LineageOS 19/20, then ViperOs use the same procedure. The only difference is if you want to install kernel for sound and IR. Good luck with flashing and enjoy the OS. I own three Note3s and I install all of them with ViperOS -best user-friendly OS and best battery life IMHO. I install Magisk V21.4 and Magisk Manager v8.07. Never bother to update it to latest because I do not need to pass safetynet for my purpose.
    ViperOS.jpg

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
    /*
    * Your warranty is... void!
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * You do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself
    * This rom works only on n9005 model for now. Don't try to install it on any other device!
    */

About:
    Another AOSP rom ? I guess many will ask why I am releasing a Nougat rom at this time when there are already builds of Oreo and Pie floating around. The answer is simple. I would release those but for one problem. As of today the Bluetooth bug that prevents us from calling people via Bluetooth is still present on all LineageOS/AOSP roms for the Note 3. People that use the mobiles in their cars or with Bluetooth headsets this is a huge problem. So this rom is just for you guys. In Nougat the bug is non existent and everything works just fine. The rom is very fast, stable and filled with mods. I hope you will like and use it.

About ViperOS:
    We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

PicsArt_09-22-12.03.45-resized.jpg

Statusbar
    * Traffic indicators
    * Statusbar items
    * Clock & date
    * Battery icon settings
    * Carrier label
    * Quick settings personalization
    * Other statusbar settings
    * VPN icon toggle
    * Data saver icon toggle
    * VoLTE icon
    * Viper statusbar logo
    * Option to Display Data Disabled indicator Icons
    * Ticker
    * Heads up toogle, timeout and snooze function
    * Add/Remove QS shortcuts with one click

Lockscreen
    * Custom lockscreen settings
    * Lockscreen weather
    * Option to hide lockscreen clock, date & alarm text
    * Hide status bar on lockscreen
    * Hide power menu on secure lockscreen
    * Hide quick settings on secure lockscreen
    * Lockscreen flashlight, double tap anywhere to sleep and disable media image

Multi tasking
    * Round button on recents
    * Recents style toggle: cards and grid
    * Recents membar

System
    * Viper Color Engine built from scratch
    * Lawnchair as default launcher (+DT2S)
    * Navbar enable/disable
    * Pixel navbar (with animation) toggle
    * Dynamic navbar
    * Navbar dimensions
    * Navbar button layout
    * Hardware keys binding
    * Hardware keys enable/disable
    * Kill app with back button
    * Power menu customization
    * Heads up toogle, timeout and snooze function
    * Reset battery stats
    * Wired headset: make ringtone audio focus customizable
    * Live volume steps
    * Hide arrows in network traffic indicators
    * Fingerprint authentication vibration
    * Toast icon switch
    * Advanced Bluetooth, Data, Wifi Toggles
    * Disable/enable screenshot sound
    * QS header icon settings
    * Header date and time positions
    * Unlock keystore with fingerprint
    * Ability to toggle vibration when double tapping power button for camera
    * Double tap to sleep on navigation bar
    * Drop Lineage LockClock, use OmniJaws
    * Drop AOSP Clock app, use from Google
    * Custom ambient display settings
    * Three Fingers Swipe for Screenshot
    * PA Accidental Touch

Additions:

Updated security patch to March 2020
    3Minit Paid app & framework included
    Removed SecureFlag from framework

There are many other customizations, install the rom and check it out !

How to install ViperOS on Note3 N9005:
    Download the rom. Download Gapps of your choice (use arm & nougat 7.1). Micro, nano or pico versions are recommended. Download the zip from: https://opengapps.org/. Save both files in a place you remember.
    Boot to TWRP (Use V 3.2.0 and up please otherwise it's a no go) by holding down Volume Up + Home + Power keys.
    Nandroid backup your current setup (System, Data, Boot, Cache) in case something bad happens.
    Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Cache + System + Data.
    Install the downloaded zip rom file on your device.
    Install downloaded OpenGapps zip file and reboot the device.
    Profit !

Recommended Kernel Installation:
    Original (refered as stock) Kernel, included in the rom is stable but not best. Thus I recommend to use replacement kernels. The stock kernel is SELinux enforcing now, so safetynet should be passed if you use magisk.
    There are two recommended replacement kernels to the stock one that is included in the rom zip:
    1. The older Xenial kernel is also recommended. It was found to be very stable and battery friendly. Download it from here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850501474. Installation is in recovery after rom installation. You should also use the IRPatch from @svbarbosa to fix IrBlaster with this kernel. The fix should be applied in recovery from here: Ir Patch is here. If you want to install another kernel after using Xenial kernel you will need to restore a custom binary first by flashing the following SDCard revert zip: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298967988
    2. Zap kernel by my good friend @jprimero15, available here in this thread https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79276551&postcount=258. Installation is in recovery after rom installation.

Credits & Thanks:

@jprimero15 - For helping me to fix & compile roms & his trees. I really appreciate your help
    @Eleo - For bringing his passion for AOSP roms into the Aspire group
    @Bullmans & @galili47 - For testing this rom over a long period time, making it their daily driver
    @IKGapirov - For help with building roms
    @Jairus980 - For the very nice Xenial kernel
    All ViperOS Team
    LineageOS team
    XPerience team
    ResurrectionRemix team
    crDroid team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Bug reports:
    This is a developer thread. This means you need to submit logs (logcat) and full information about the problem you are experiencing. Logcat can be found in the "/data/system/dropbox" directory. If you use a custom kernel you need to report it. No spamming and no ETA requests are allowed.

Enjoy the rom !

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][FINAL] ViperOS V3.1.1 V8.7 [HLTExxx] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    DaOldMan
    Source Code: http://github.com/ViperOS-Project

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS, ResurrectionRemix, crDroid, XPerience

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 8.7
    Stable Release Date: 22-4-2023

Created 27-11-2018
    Last Updated 15-4-2023
    Download Links & Changelogs
    V8.7 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V7.4 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V6.7 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V6.2 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V5.8 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V5.5 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V5.2 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V5.0 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V4.5 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V4.0 download links and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V3.7 download link and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V3.6 download link and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V3.5 download link and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V3.0 download link and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V2.5 download link and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V2.0 download link and changelog : Press here please to go to the release post

V1.0 download link: To download V1.0 press here
    ViperOS V3.0 Announcement

Dear users,

I am happy to announce the latest v3.0 build of my ViperOS 3.1.1 build for the n9005. V3.0 changelog:
    1. Security patch updated to 5.4.2019 :D
    2. Added @jprimero15 fix for clock charging info accuracy on lockscreen
    2. Added @jprimero15 fix to remove useless camera log spam

The rom can be downloaded from the following link:

ViperOS 3.1.1 HLTE V3.0 - Press here
    MD5: 629968c024e1a105c4c3d76063a49da9

Users of V1.0, V2.0 & V2.5 can dirty flash (Don't forget to reflash kernel & magisk after rom installation - no gapps are needed. Nandroid backup is always recommended). Others should clean flash in the same way V1.0 is flashed (please read the OP!).

Enjoy the rom and thank you all for using ViperOS ! :D
    ViperOS 3.1.1 V 3.5

Dear users,

I am happy to announce the latest v3.5 build of my ViperOS 3.1.1 build for the n9005. V3.5 changelog:
    1. Security patch updated to 5.5.2019 :D
    2. TzData updated by @haggertk
    2. More updates to the rom by LineageOS team :)

The rom can be downloaded from the following link:

ViperOS 3.1.1 HLTE V3.5 - Press here
    MD5: 85397f825477e75657d043c32a3672f9

Users of V1.0, V2.0, V2.5 & V3.0 can dirty flash (Don't forget to reflash kernel & magisk after rom installation - no gapps are needed. Nandroid backup is always recommended). Others should clean flash in the same way V1.0 is flashed (please read the OP!).

ViperOS V4.0 - More Variants !

Dear users,

I am happy to announce the latest v4.0 build of my ViperOS 3.1.1 build for the Note 3.

V4.0 changelog:

1. Security patch updated to July
    2. Added 3 more variants - KOR, TMO and CHN for those people that use those devices. Many thanks for help from @jprimero15, you rock ! Thanks to @26phi for testing the Korean variant :) .
    3. Stock kernel updated to latest source & Vendor files were also updated.
    4. To pass Safetynet all you need to do is to change the kernel to SELinux Enforcing. Tested it on ZAP V2.0 - works fine :). Should also work for the stock kernel.
    5. No need to ask if there are more updates, I try to be as transparent as possible.

Download links:
    Hlte: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117919015
    MD5: 632143605ec7b95b7c4213d62379d24b

HlteCHN: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117919012
    MD5: bf87688ea54e29dd718d10c89367dc40

HlteKOR: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117919013
    MD5: 6e776c2ed562b5c10c8390c085e06134

HlteTMO: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117919014
    MD5: 3ae8e61cee03b742b330697675d6e02c

Users of V1.0, V2.0, V2.5, V3.0, V3.5, V3.6 & V3.7 can dirty flash (Don't forget to reflash kernel & magisk after rom installation - no gapps are needed. Nandroid backup is always recommended). Others should clean flash in the same way V1.0 is flashed (please read the OP!).